PDA

View Full Version : 225 mobile access pass for baseball

Todd4State
10-16-2019, 04:08 PM
I?ll probably screw this up.

But for 225 dollars you get general admission seats but it shows you seats in the grandstand that aren?t being used and you can upgrade to sit in them.

Point is- it sounds like a step in the right direction for filling the grandstand.

timotheus
10-16-2019, 04:36 PM
Yes it is. I think they are doing something like this with basketball also.

Homedawg
10-16-2019, 04:47 PM

But for 225 dollars you get general admission seats but it shows you seats in the grandstand that aren?t being used and you can upgrade to sit in them.

Point is- it sounds like a step in the right direction for filling the grandstand.

Yes!! This is the way to go. But we will still hear complaining. But I just come for a game. I should have a seat.

Todd4State
10-16-2019, 04:52 PM
Yes!! This is the way to go. But we will still hear complaining. But I just come for a game. I should have a seat.
Those people that only want to do one game could still use Stubhub or whatever MSU has as far as a ticket exchange goes.

Personally I’m trying to decide if it is worth my while to do the 225 dollar ticket since I go to a few a year.

Homedawg
10-16-2019, 05:53 PM
Those people that only want to do one game could still use Stubhub or whatever MSU has as far as a ticket exchange goes.

Personally I’m trying to decide if it is worth my while to do the 225 dollar ticket since I go to a few a year.

That's what I've been saying!! Fact is the availability is there. But like you, you just have to determine if it's worth it or not.

confucius say
10-16-2019, 08:59 PM
For the one game here and there person, you can always get reasonable seats on stubhub. Dirt cheap for non sec games and reasonable for sec games

Homedawg
10-16-2019, 09:10 PM
For the one game here and there person, you can always get reasonable seats on stubhub. Dirt cheap for non sec games and reasonable for sec games

Please come back and repeat this during the season.

Lumpy Chucklelips
10-16-2019, 09:55 PM
If you're a member of the Bulldog Club, you can purchase unsold visitor seats on the Tuesday of the upcoming weekend series. I'm not sure if you have to be a Bulldog Club member AND already have chairbacks to do this or not. I have chairbacks and purchased some of the unsold visitor seats for family members that wanted to go.

Captain Falcon
10-16-2019, 10:00 PM
If you're a member of the Bulldog Club, you can purchase unsold visitor seats on the Tuesday of the upcoming weekend series. I'm not sure if you have to be a Bulldog Club member AND already have chairbacks to do this or not. I have chairbacks and purchased some of the unsold visitor seats for family members that wanted to go.

Any BDC member can do this. I don’t have season tickets and used this option 2-3 times last year.

Todd4State
10-16-2019, 10:59 PM
I really hope this works. If not- it's definitely a step in the right direction and I applaud MSU for at least trying.

Buddy
10-17-2019, 06:51 AM

Do you have to pay an additional fee (above the $225 already paid) to upgrade to chairback seats from GA for each game?

MedDawg
10-17-2019, 08:28 AM

How does the ticket office know what seats aren't being used?

Do season ticket holders tell the ticket office when they aren't going to games? That would work but you won't get enough participation from season ticket holders to go to the trouble to tell they're not going.

Does someone in the ticket office note empty seats during a game? What if I just left to get a hot dog or want to walk around for an hour? It looks like when I get back someone won't just be sitting in my seat, they will be ASSIGNED my seat.

I guess some of the kinks will be worked out during basketball season before baseball starts, so that's good. I'm for any plan that allows general admission people to get in unused chairbacks without having to wait until the 4th inning, I just don't want to argue with someone showing on their phone that my seats are now theirs for that game.

EDIT: I just realized that when my tickets are scanned they will know I'm there. They can know at any time which seats have not been scanned for entry. My point stands, however--if I show up late in the 2nd or 3rd inning and they have been assigned to my seats, they better move even if the ticket office has given them my seat. (That is if there aren't any open seats nearby--I've already let people sit in my seats and we just sat in empty seats nearby).

Todd4State
10-17-2019, 05:26 PM
How does the ticket office know what seats aren't being used?

Do season ticket holders tell the ticket office when they aren't going to games? That would work but you won't get enough participation from season ticket holders to go to the trouble to tell they're not going.

Does someone in the ticket office note empty seats during a game? What if I just left to get a hot dog or want to walk around for an hour? It looks like when I get back someone won't just be sitting in my seat, they will be ASSIGNED my seat.

I guess some of the kinks will be worked out during basketball season before baseball starts, so that's good. I'm for any plan that allows general admission people to get in unused chairbacks without having to wait until the 4th inning, I just don't want to argue with someone showing on their phone that my seats are now theirs for that game.

EDIT: I just realized that when my tickets are scanned they will know I'm there. They can know at any time which seats have not been scanned for entry. My point stands, however--if I show up late in the 2nd or 3rd inning and they have been assigned to my seats, they better move even if the ticket office has given them my seat. (That is if there aren't any open seats nearby--I've already let people sit in my seats and we just sat in empty seats nearby).

Per MSU apparently you will get a text from the AD and if you are planning on going to the game you send them a 1 and if you’re not 2. Unsure about no response.

Lumpy Chucklelips
10-17-2019, 11:15 PM

They won't have to move because you will be told at the gate that your seats have been scanned already and you won't be able to enter. Just kidding.....sorta. That would be a bad scenario though.

MStateDawg
10-18-2019, 08:00 AM
Per MSU apparently you will get a text from the AD and if you are planning on going to the game you send them a 1 and if you’re not 2. Unsure about no response.

As a season ticketholder, what is my incentive to respond that I'm not going?
I sell most of my unused tickets on StubHub. Why would I start releasing them back to the ticket office when I can make some money off them? Is the ticket office going to compensate me?

MedDawg
10-18-2019, 09:53 AM
They won't have to move because you will be told at the gate that your seats have been scanned already and you won't be able to enter. Just kidding.....sorta. That would be a bad scenario though.

Oh, crap, you're right. Surprise!

MedDawg
10-18-2019, 09:58 AM

If season ticket holders will participate then it will work well. At least replying a 1 or 2 is easy, like telling NO to some commercial texts. I like it and personally will try to let them know every game I'm sure I won't be going to.

I wonder how soon you have to commit to not going? I might have people in town who want my seats. I probably can do it day of the game or day before, but I know I can do it within a couple of hours before first pitch. Can't really commit more than a couple days before the game, though.

MedDawg
10-18-2019, 10:00 AM
As a season ticketholder, what is my incentive to respond that I'm not going?
I sell most of my unused tickets on StubHub. Why would I start releasing them back to the ticket office when I can make some money off them? Is the ticket office going to compensate me?

Good point. I was willing to let them have my seats but I haven't been selling them on stubhub. I might, though.

Homedawg
10-18-2019, 10:00 AM
It's going to work. I'm sure there will be hiccups in the beginning. But seat holders will be taken care of first. No worries there. The people who get the pass will be glad they did too. At least most.

Duckdog
10-18-2019, 10:01 AM
It's dumb and isn't going to work. It was stupid not to have actual seats for GA tickets

MedDawg
10-18-2019, 12:12 PM
It's dumb and isn't going to work. It was stupid not to have actual seats for GA tickets

I still can't blame the athletic department for selling all the season tickets they can. They didn't sell out completely until just before the season. If the fans had shown more interest a couple years earlier, we likely would have built more chairbacks.

I've been saying the first thing we needed to do was let general admission ticketholders go to the chairbacks a lot earlier, like 2nd inning, knowing they had to move if the season ticket holders show up.

I think this mobile ticket plan is even better than that. If season ticketholders participate to give up their seats if they are not going, there will be enough chairbacks available for GA fans for all but a few SEC Saturday games and maybe a Sunday game or two.

Lord McBuckethead
10-18-2019, 12:42 PM
Just open up every available seat with 15 minutes left in the 1st half. If someone is in your seats when you arrive late, they have to move. Simple.

Do the same for football. After the opening kickoff, let people move wherever they want. If you hold the ticket, people have to move.