PDA

View Full Version : LSU Line Moving

Dallas_Dawg
10-16-2019, 03:56 PM
LSU opened on my site at -19 and I loaded up on the Tigers. Trying to make some money even though I have been burned in the past betting for or against the Dawgs
Now it is down to -18. What do the wise guys know that I don't? I feel like I know this team as well as anyone and can see us getting beaten worse than the auburn game.
Any thoughts?

dantheman4248
10-16-2019, 03:58 PM
Computer models say we are much better than we perform. They don?t account for the bad coach factor. Plus some must feel like we are due since we keep losing ATS. (1-5 on the year)

CovertDawg
10-16-2019, 04:24 PM
I would bet LSU to cover but if I had to guess what the Wise Guys see to keep it at -18......
1. Shrader running the ball more and shrinking the game. And yes Auburn had their 3rd and 4th string in for some of the second half but the score was Auburn 35-23 with Shrader at QB. Nobody has really blown us out of the water with Shrader under center.
2. LSU's defense gave up 38 to Vandy....so while their Offense is out of this world good, their defense has not put it all together yet.

NCDawg
10-16-2019, 04:24 PM
Moorhead said in his press conference that Orgeron was one of his "favorites", so maybe Orgeron will have mercy and hold down the score.

Jack Lambert
10-16-2019, 04:26 PM
LSU's best WR is hurt.

CovertDawg
10-16-2019, 04:32 PM
See the Over/Under is at 61 so Vegas has the game around 40-21.

Lord McBuckethead
10-16-2019, 04:46 PM
7 field goals made.... no way. **

VandelayIndustries
10-16-2019, 04:53 PM
LSU's best WR is hurt.

Ehh Jamarr Chase and Justin Jefferson are just as good. I expect them to go off

Skydawg1
10-16-2019, 04:54 PM
Moorhead said in his press conference that Orgeron was one of his "favorites", so maybe Orgeron will have mercy and hold down the score.Isn't Coach O o-fer in Starkville? Maybe that's why.***

dawgday166
10-16-2019, 04:58 PM
LSU's best WR is hurt.

Their 6th best WR is better than anything we have at WR.

dawgday166
10-16-2019, 04:59 PM

I'm thinking 58-3.

MetEdDawg
10-16-2019, 05:30 PM
Shrader starting an entire game at home against a defense that has been exposed some.

-19 is a crap line to bet with us at home. This has backdoor cover written all over it. Be down 23 or something like that and put in a TD with a couple minutes to go.

turkish
10-16-2019, 05:48 PM
Our turd laying has mostly been on the road. ??

dawgday166
10-16-2019, 05:55 PM
Our turd laying has mostly been on the road. ??

K-State??

KOdawg1
10-16-2019, 06:16 PM
K-State??

While an ugly game and pathetic performance, we did not look completely incompetent in that game. I dont think you can say that about our road losses. So yes, we play better at home under Joe, but the talent gap between us and LSU will be far too much to overcome

Jack Lambert
10-16-2019, 06:20 PM
Their 6th best WR is better than anything we have at WR.

Attack the coach not the team I seriously doubt Osirus Mitchell would be the 7th best WR on any team.

dawgday166
10-16-2019, 06:24 PM
Attack the coach not the team I seriously doubt Osirus Mitchell would be the 7th best WR on any team.

Maybe I should've use these ****** I said that kinda tongue in cheek. In Osirus' case ... you're probably right. Guy has worked hard and become better without a doubt. And he's a team player.

KOdawg1
10-16-2019, 06:27 PM
Maybe I should've use these ****** I said that kinda tongue in cheek. In Osirus' case ... you're probably right. Guy has worked hard and become better without a doubt. And he's a team player.

To me, Osirus is one of the few bright spots of this season. Recruits are seeing that WRs at MSU can be successful

Coach34
10-16-2019, 06:59 PM
-19 is a crap line to bet with us at home. This has backdoor cover written all over it. Be down 23 or something like that and put in a TD with a couple minutes to go.

It really does. It would be so MState to cover and lose by 10- and then lose by 20 @A&M next weekend. Watch the late money Friday and Sat morning- I expect the late money on LSU to cover.

I like Mitchell and he has improved a good bit. Pleasant surprise this year. But he would be LSU's 5th best WR at best.

dawgday166
10-16-2019, 07:02 PM
I like Mitchell and he has improved a good bit. Pleasant surprise this year. But he would be LSU's 5th best WR at best.

Well .. that ain't 6th LOL. I didn't go and actually look at LSU's roster before I said that.

turkish
10-16-2019, 07:13 PM
K-State??
So the “mostly” and extra question marks weren’t enough for ya?

dawgday166
10-16-2019, 07:20 PM
So the “mostly” and extra question marks weren’t enough for ya?

Well .. I guess I'll let you get by with those this time ****

Jack Lambert
10-16-2019, 07:41 PM

I can except that.

dawgday166
10-16-2019, 07:57 PM
I can except that.

To add something. Osirus and D. Thomas are the only 2 players on maybe the whole team, but certainly on the offense, that looked like they have put in the work to get better.

HoopsDawg
10-16-2019, 08:15 PM
To add something. Osirus and D. Thomas are the only 2 players on maybe the whole team, but certainly on the offense, that looked like they have put in the work to get better.

Those 2 guys shouldn't leave the field on offense. And Guidry is probably our best option on the other side. Those 3 with Kylin and Shrader give us 5 dudes that can make plays. Our O-line has talent. We've had some pass pro issues at RT. And our TE's aren't producing much. But there's enough out there to score on LSU. Hopefully, Joe will pare down the playbook, simplify some reads, and pull the right strings. I'm not banking on it, but this is a big week on national TV.

Bothrops
10-16-2019, 08:37 PM
Austin Williams is another guy that is underutilized.

Coach34
10-16-2019, 08:41 PM

He really is not. He should be playing at Southern and ULL. He is not an SEC player

dawgday166
10-16-2019, 08:45 PM
Those 2 guys shouldn't leave the field on offense. And Guidry is probably our best option on the other side. Those 3 with Kylin and Shrader give us 5 dudes that can make plays. Our O-line has talent. We've had some pass pro issues at RT. And our TE's aren't producing much. But there's enough out there to score on LSU. Hopefully, Joe will pare down the playbook, simplify some reads, and pull the right strings. I'm not banking on it, but this is a big week on national TV.

Guidry wouldn't play another down for me. He half-asses everything and will never catch a pass over the middle. I've made up my mind he like Tommy ... afraid to get hit.

Austin is not that good. D. Thomas should've been starting last year too.

Overall ... LSU D isn't overwhelming me and they'll probably play flat, but I still can't see how we score too much on them. Probably will mostly cause they'll be flat tho. Coming off big win in a physical game and they looking at this like a bye week for most part.

HereComesTheSpiral
10-16-2019, 09:28 PM
Joe Burrow has ties to State so he's bringing KY instead of a sand paper dildo.

TrapGame
10-16-2019, 09:32 PM
Guidry wouldn't play another down for me. He half-asses everything and will never catch a pass over the middle. I've made up my mind he like Tommy ... afraid to get hit.

Overall ... LSU D isn't overwhelming me and they'll probably play flat, but I still can't see how we score too much on them. Probably will mostly cause they'll be flat tho. Coming off big win in a physical game and they looking at this like a bye week for most part.

You know Eddie O has "one of those games" every season. That head scratcher where you can't believe O is the coach of LSU. This Saturday could BE that game. I'm not saying we win, but just maybe we look pretty good, LSU looks the worst they have this season and it's a damn good game. Wouldn't change my mind about Joe but it would give me a little hope we can at least finish 6-6.

HoopsDawg
10-16-2019, 09:41 PM

Zuber was given the chance and he couldn't seize it. It's Guidry or Payton. There are no other options.

dawgday166
10-16-2019, 09:46 PM
You know Eddie O has "one of those games" every season. That head scratcher where you can't believe O is the coach of LSU. This Saturday could BE that game. I'm not saying we win, but just maybe we look pretty good, LSU looks the worst they have this season and it's a damn good game. Wouldn't change my mind about Joe but it would give me a little hope we can at least finish 6-6.

I could see maybe keeping it close in 1st half then they stretch it out to a 17 to 24 point win before it's all said and done.

dawgday166
10-16-2019, 09:47 PM
Zuber was given the chance and he couldn't seize it. It's Guidry or Payton. There are no other options.

There's the waterboy. And I'm only half joking on Guidry.

Pollodawg
10-16-2019, 10:03 PM

I would be ecstatic if that were the case.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
10-17-2019, 09:05 AM
If you really knew MSU, you would know to expect the unexpected. I wouldn't be totally surprised to see a score like 31-20 in favor of LSU OR Us. We typically hang in with LSU even when they are heavily favored especially at home.

KB21
10-17-2019, 09:19 AM
They may also be taking into account that Mississippi State is something like 5-1 vs ranked teams at home in their last 6 home games vs ranked teams. The only loss being to Alabama in 2017, a game where they had the lead in the 4th quarter.

Jack Lambert
10-17-2019, 09:23 AM
I would be ecstatic if that were the case.

I try not to be negative but Moorhead is going to have to dig deep into his butt and pull out some Offensive Plays. It is college football and anything is possible but his offense is not working.

Scared_Hitless
10-17-2019, 09:40 AM
After watching their offense and our Defense I dont even see how we force a punt. WRs are always running wide open in our secondary this will be no exception. We have 0 pass rush to force bad or off timing throws. LSU scores at will. Into high 50s if they want.

On offense I hope Garrett can bring some energy and life to the team but expecting him to keep any semblance or pace with LSU is almost impossible. We are what DC like to call a get right game currently. Until we show we can score and move the ball this is my opinion. They hold us down to 24 or fewer with some garbage points thrown in.

Final LSU 49 - MSU 23 I just see no way we cover this spread. But it would be MSU to come out and play our best game after the season is basically lost. Florida is 10x the defense we are currently and they had no answer. We dont even know the question.

Dawgology
10-17-2019, 09:54 AM
After watching their offense and our Defense I dont even see how we force a punt. WRs are always running wide open in our secondary this will be no exception. We have 0 pass rush to force bad or off timing throws. LSU scores at will. Into high 50s if they want.

On offense I hope Garrett can bring some energy and life to the team but expecting him to keep any semblance or pace with LSU is almost impossible. We are what DC like to call a get right game currently. Until we show we can score and move the ball this is my opinion. They hold us down to 24 or fewer with some garbage points thrown in.

Final LSU 49 - MSU 23 I just see no way we cover this spread. But it would be MSU to come out and play our best game after the season is basically lost. Florida is 10x the defense we are currently and they had no answer. We dont even know the question.

I feel like LSU will have several "1 play drives".

defiantdog
10-17-2019, 11:10 AM

Zuber is used to Big 12 defenses where he could half ass run routes. He doesn't fully commit to running his routes. This is on him and coaching. They should be getting into his ass for not completing go routes. Our best route runner is Deddrick Thomas, too bad he's under 6 foot.

Maroonthirteen
10-17-2019, 11:33 AM
We can?t stop the run or pass. We can?t run ourselves. It will be ugly.

I like Tennessee+35 at Bama. Tennessee is decent along the LOS. I think they have figured a few things out and will be up for this game.

Make no mistake, Bama wins. But I think Bama/Ut is the 18 point game. Ours is the 35 point game. Hope I?m wrong on ours.

NCDawg
10-17-2019, 12:02 PM
We can?t stop the run or pass. We can?t run ourselves. It will be ugly.

I like Tennessee-35 at Bama. Tennessee is decent along the LOS. I think they have figured a few things out and will be up for this game.

Make no mistake, Bama wins. But I think Bama/Ut is the 18 point game. Ours is the 35 point game. Hope I?m wrong on ours.

I tend to agree with your analysis. Our defense is not very good-can't tackle well or pass defend well. Our OL got pushed around by Tennessee-Hill had absolutely no place to run. Shrader is a bright spot, but he can't do it all by himself. Mitchell appears to be our only really good W/R at this time.

Dallas_Dawg
10-17-2019, 02:22 PM
So basically I'm a sucker for taking LSU
It's now down to -17.5

dantheman4248
10-17-2019, 03:31 PM
It's now down to -17.5

Maybe. Sharp money is gonna come in on us. I’m
waiting until I can get -16.5 then pulling the trigger.

defiantdog
10-18-2019, 08:58 AM
It's now down to -17.5
You?re safe..... the tutor 10 won?t be playing. Even if we score some, our defense is likely going to give up 60+ points.

Bubb Rubb
10-18-2019, 10:32 AM
They may also be taking into account that Mississippi State is something like 5-1 vs ranked teams at home in their last 6 home games vs ranked teams. The only loss being to Alabama in 2017, a game where they had the lead in the 4th quarter.

None of which has anything to do with this current team and their propensity to shit the bed.

Coach34
10-18-2019, 10:49 AM
State is also 1-5 against the spread this season