PDA

View Full Version : Ring the Bell

TheLostDawg
10-16-2019, 01:39 PM
https://247sports.com/college/mississippi-state/Article/2021-athlete-Kadarius-Calloway-commits-to-Mississippi-State-137043249/

Coach007
10-16-2019, 01:46 PM
Crickets...

LMAO!

Great get Moorhead. Kid is a player!

Homedawg
10-16-2019, 01:49 PM
Crickets...

LMAO!

Great get Moorhead. Kid is a player!

It's been on the recruiting page all morning DA

Coach007
10-16-2019, 01:51 PM
It's been on the recruiting page all morning DA

Awesome. Now it's here.... :)

Moorhead doing his job. Imagine that.

At this rate, I may get to watch you melt for a long time.

dantheman4248
10-16-2019, 01:54 PM
Why are you taking glee in MSU fans being upset MSU lost to a horrible team?

Doesn’t seem very MSU of you.

Dawgology
10-16-2019, 01:57 PM
https://247sports.com/college/mississippi-state/Article/2021-athlete-Kadarius-Calloway-commits-to-Mississippi-State-137043249/

ok.

Homedawg
10-16-2019, 01:58 PM
Awesome. Now it's here.... :)

Moorhead doing his job. Imagine that.

At this rate, I may get to watch you melt for a long time.

Melt??? why would I melt? I want us to win. I want us to beat teams we should beat. It's just not happening. If Jomo wins I'll be happy not melt. He's a nice guy. However, his first 19 games show me he's going to have a very hard time getting it done. Kudos to him if he proves me wrong. But, his second season looks just like the first, full of disappointment and underachievement.

Liverpooldawg
10-16-2019, 02:03 PM

Why are you taking glee in us losing?

Coach007
10-16-2019, 02:04 PM

The fans around me are not happy about a loss. Who said anybody should be happy about a loss? I'm not melting over it calling for a coach to be fired over it. If the few here want to start a campaign... they are free to. I'm not obligated to join in and I am free to laugh at it.

Homedawg
10-16-2019, 02:05 PM
If you click you heels 3 times and say there is no place like home, you will be back in Kansas....

Coach007
10-16-2019, 02:14 PM
Melt??? why would I melt? I want us to win. I want us to beat teams we should beat. It's just not happening. If Jomo wins I'll be happy not melt. He's a nice guy. However, his first 19 games show me he's going to have a very hard time getting it done. Kudos to him if he proves me wrong. But, his second season looks just like the first, full of disappointment and underachievement.

Yep.....2009, 2011, 2013, 2016.. with a loss to a team who fielded their team in 2009 for the first time. Surely you are not saying that Moorhead's loss to an SEC team is worse than a loss to a team who had a history of 7 years and is a Sun belt team.

2014- #7
2015- #4 class in the nation
2016- #14
2017- #17

Surely you are not suggesting that UT was the worse team.. South Alabama recruits at about 100th nationally every year! And Mullen was in his 8th year! We should have won on talent alone vs them.

Homedawg
10-16-2019, 02:26 PM
Uk, Florida, Iowa, Kansas St, UT, we should have won all of those. No question.

Really Clark?
10-16-2019, 02:26 PM
Yep.....2009, 2011, 2013, 2016.. with a loss to a team who fielded their team in 2009 for the first time. Surely you are not saying that Moorhead's loss to an SEC team is worse than a loss to a team who had a history of 7 years and is a Sun belt team.

2014- #7
2016- #14
2017- #17

Surely you are not suggesting that UT was the worse team.. South Alabama recruits at about 100th nationally every year! And Mullen was in his 8th year! We should have won on talent alone vs them.

Tenn was a worse team...recruiting rankings doesn?t declare who is the best team, the play on the field does. Heck you didn?t think we needed to play Gay and Autry because you thought we were the best team. Obviously now Tenn is the better between us. I mean GA ST recruits at the 100 level and we lost by 10 (almost by 24 points) to the team that LOST by 8 to GA ST!!

sleepy dawg
10-16-2019, 02:50 PM

2014- #7
2016- #14
2017- #17

Yeah. That was the most or 2nd most pathetic loss in program history. Why do you keep bringing it up? Pointing out mistakes of the past has doesn't suddenly make Joe a good coach. In fact, Joe being a sorry ass coach has nothing to do with the past. Our past is filled with shitty moments and frustration. None of that changes Joe not being a good head coach. Mullen made lots of mistakes. I'm sure he still makes plenty at Florida too. Who here is claiming we have a perfect past though? You can point at anything pre-Moorhead you want to but it still doesn't change the fact that we suck. Anybody who denies that we suck right now is a fool. The vast majority who watch the games believe that its b/c of coaching that we suck as bad as we do and a better coach would be winning more. A small minority disagree. It isn't a split. It's about 99% of the fans who watch games. It's clear as day.

timotheus
10-16-2019, 02:54 PM
There is just no factual evidence that Joe has any upside. It'll just be a snowball from here

Gutter Cobreh
10-16-2019, 02:58 PM
PSA - please stop hijacking threads and regurgitating the same argument since last Saturday...

To the OP and subject of this thread - welcome Mr. Calloway!!! Glad you decided to commit to the good guys!!!

chef dixon
10-16-2019, 03:00 PM
This board has turned into the same 4-5 posters arguing about the same thing regardless of the thread subject.

timotheus
10-16-2019, 03:00 PM
He was promoted as a GURU who could come in and win with the talent already here. Then he struggled and looked disheveled and we are told that he needs his own players and it'll take 3-5 years depending on how happy coach 007 is feeling at that time. Then he brings in a strength coach who gets the entire Oline about 15 pounds too heavy and brings in a soft kid from PSU who had never played other than in mop up and suddenly he has an epiphany that Schrader is the best QB and gives us the best shot to execute and win. Meanwhile Huff, Baker,Lukabu and Getsy see it all coming and split while they have a chance and here we are listeneing to coach 007 rant about something that happened several years ago. I still think if he only beats abilene the rest of the year and all the other losses are ugly that he's toast. Hotel and restaurant revenue will tell the tale.

TrapGame
10-16-2019, 03:02 PM
There is just no factual evidence that Joe has any upside. It'll just be a snowball from here

The regression from game one to game six is staggering. I watched other middle to lower tier SEC teams Saturday afternoon and night that were far more focused and disciplined in game six of the season. We are still doing stupid shit that should have been fixed by now.

Tbonewannabe
10-16-2019, 03:25 PM
Yeah. That was the most or 2nd most pathetic loss in program history. Why do you keep bringing it up? Pointing out mistakes of the past has doesn't suddenly make Joe a good coach. In fact, Joe being a sorry ass coach has nothing to do with the past. Our past is filled with shitty moments and frustration. None of that changes Joe not being a good head coach. Mullen made lots of mistakes. I'm sure he still makes plenty at Florida too. Who here is claiming we have a perfect past though? You can point at anything pre-Moorhead you want to but it still doesn't change the fact that we suck. Anybody who denies that we suck right now is a fool. The vast majority who watch the games believe that its b/c of coaching that we suck as bad as we do and a better coach would be winning more. A small minority disagree. It isn't a split. It's about 99% of the fans who watch games. It's clear as day.

Media is now talking about how soft and unfocused we look. We are NOT a well COACHED team. That is becoming evident with every game we trot out there and get a delay of game for the first play of the game. That is 100% a coaching failure. I don't see how anyone excuses the shit show we put on the field after having two weeks to prepare for a shitty UT team. UT doubled their yearly total in sacks in our game, sometimes with rushing just 3 people.

AROB44
10-16-2019, 06:36 PM
This board has turned into the same 4-5 posters arguing about the same thing regardless of the thread subject.

Yep.....and they all think they are in the majority of what all fans think.

MaroonFlounder
10-16-2019, 06:40 PM

Doesn?t seem very MSU of you.

How horrible is UT? They have a team full of talent. They were and are perfectly capable of putting things together.

They went to Auburn last year and WON.

Homedawg
10-16-2019, 06:48 PM
How horrible is UT? They have a team full of talent. They were and are perfectly capable of putting things together.

They are bad. Just like KSU. Bad

Really Clark?
10-16-2019, 06:52 PM

They were 1-4 with losses to Sunbelt Georgia St and a 2-4 BYU and they were turning on Pruitt harder than we are Moorehead. They are a horrible team. The best we can hope for is they make a big turn and finish with 5-6 wins but if they hold where they have been this season, they are a 3-4 win team.

Tripp McNeely
10-16-2019, 08:03 PM
Awesome recruiting thread!

Homedawg
10-16-2019, 08:21 PM
Awesome recruiting thread!

There is a recruiting board!! It's on there. But feel free to discuss the recruit if you wish. Nobody stops anyone.

tireddawg
10-16-2019, 08:36 PM

2014- #7
2016- #14
2017- #17

Wow, you are delusional. You off your meds?

Jack Lambert
10-16-2019, 09:27 PM
There is a recruiting board!! It's on there. But feel free to discuss the recruit if you wish. Nobody stops anyone.

So you ok turning a Ring the Bell and announce a recruit committing to State into an negative attack thread?

Gutter Cobreh
10-17-2019, 10:50 AM
So you ok turning a Ring the Bell and announce a recruit committing to State into an negative attack thread?

Based on him getting roped into yet another pissing contest, I'd have to say "yeah".

In the few years I've been here, I've never seen the amount of posters who are chiming in now and "contributing" their thoughts. I suppose they're playing the long-game with their trolling, so I tip my hat to their persistence. I, honestly, can't imagine that everyone now posting about Joe and the program is a true State fan.

Tbonewannabe
10-17-2019, 01:39 PM
Based on him getting roped into yet another pissing contest, I'd have to say "yeah".

In the few years I've been here, I've never seen the amount of posters who are chiming in now and "contributing" their thoughts. I suppose they're playing the long-game with their trolling, so I tip my hat to their persistence. I, honestly, can't imagine that everyone now posting about Joe and the program is a true State fan.

I think most people that are negative about Joe are just worried that we will be going back to Croom days and undoing all the progress we achieved under Mullen. Even Joe supporters have to admit that he has been disappointing. We just don't look like a well coached team in any facet. Last year we piggybacked off of the best defense at MSU in almost 20 years.

TrapGame
10-17-2019, 01:50 PM
I think most people that are negative about Joe are just worried that we will be going back to Croom days and undoing all the progress we achieved under Mullen. Even Joe supporters have to admit that he has been disappointing. We just don't look like a well coached team in any facet. Last year we piggybacked off of the best defense at MSU in almost 20 years.

Joe is in over his head. I think he is probably a pretty good coach but he bit off more than he could chew. Had Joe been the head coach of say UConn or NC State for four or five years before this job we might not be in this predicament. Head coach of Fordham and OC at Penn State is not enough prep for head coaching in the SEC.

maroonmania
10-17-2019, 09:21 PM

I'll be honest, while our offense was totally vanilla and boring during the tenure, we were absolutely a much better coached and tougher team during the Croom era and that is painful to have to say..