PDA

View Full Version : Baseball schedule released!

Todd4State
10-16-2019, 12:42 PM
We play Oregon State in Starkville and Long Beach State on the road. Long Beach could be a RPI killer.

Two games in Biloxi- La Tech and Nichols State. Play USM and Ole Miss in Pearl. Play Memphis at Autozone Park. Ole Miss series is SBW.

We miss Florida and Georgia this year.

Maybe one or two too many SWAC teams.

I think we can go 56-0.**

StarkVegasSteve
10-16-2019, 12:44 PM
Got excited because I had almost made it through the entire schedule without seeing Vandy, only to see them on the last weekend.

Choctaw Dawg
10-16-2019, 12:49 PM
I think I'm in baseball mode now guys. the atmosphere and energy we had for the Tournament last year at Dudy Noble were phenomenal last year and I cant wait to be doing it again this February through June. Lets repeat last year and go back to Omaha and try it again.

StarkVegasSteve
10-16-2019, 01:53 PM
The atmosphere of the Saturday night game against Stanford is something I thought I'd never experience again........then the top of the 9th happened Sunday night.

wild_dawg
10-16-2019, 03:19 PM
The atmosphere of the Saturday night game against Stanford is something I thought I'd never experience again........then the top of the 9th happened Sunday night.

The top of the 9th on Sunday night was a straight up religious experience. Top five sports moment for me.

Coursesuper
10-16-2019, 03:31 PM
We play Oregon State in Starkville and Long Beach State on the road. Long Beach could be a RPI killer.

Two games in Biloxi- La Tech and Nichols State. Play USM and Ole Miss in Pearl. Play Memphis at Autozone Park. Ole Miss series is SBW.

I see what you did there, 55-1.

sleepy dawg
10-16-2019, 04:30 PM

Just a few years ago Long Beach State had like a top 15 RPI... maybe we get somwhere between last year and that.

The Federalist Engineer
10-16-2019, 06:18 PM
Seems odd to go all the way to California and not play UCLA, USC, or Cal State Fullerton

If not the very best, We should be playing Pepperdine, that?s the most naturally beautiful home venue in baseball. Literally like a dream

hp22
10-16-2019, 11:00 PM
The top of the 9th on Sunday night was a straight up religious experience. Top five sports moment for me.

I've never been in a sport environment like that. And I don't know that I'll ever see that level of atmosphere again. It was a script.

Todd4State
10-16-2019, 11:04 PM
I see what you did there, 55-1.

I seriously didn't mean to do that. LOL.

hp22
10-16-2019, 11:11 PM
Seeing the schedule makes me wish it was starting next week. We've got to find someone that eat up Liebelt, Gordon's, and Whites innings. I think the battle for lineup spots 6-9 will be interesting. The bottom half separated us and Vandy from pretty much every team in college baseball. I like the candidates and it should be fun to watch play out.

I really hate it for Brandon Smith. He has a chance to be very good and hopefully his recovery goes as well as it can.

Todd4State
10-16-2019, 11:17 PM
Seeing the schedule makes me wish it was starting next week. We've got to find someone that eat up Liebelt, Gordon's, and Whites innings. I think the battle for lineup spots 6-9 will be interesting. The bottom half separated us and Vandy from pretty much every team in college baseball. I like the candidates and it should be fun to watch play out.

I really hate it for Brandon Smith. He has a chance to be very good and hopefully his recovery goes as well as it can.

The bullpen is absolutely the biggest question mark for our team right now. I feel good about the rest of the lineup. Really need Eagan and Self to step up. And Self has looked good in his one inning FWIW. I don't think he will be more than that based on his injury history though. Koestler will be a very good pitcher for us I think. Really need Cerentola to step up and take the Sunday spot and be solid too. I hope Logan Tanner and Landon Sims can consistently throw strikes for us and figure out how to do that between now and February but they're both freshmen so that's dicey.

StarkVegasSteve
10-17-2019, 08:43 AM
The bullpen is absolutely the biggest question mark for our team right now. I feel good about the rest of the lineup. Really need Eagan and Self to step up. And Self has looked good in his one inning FWIW. I don't think he will be more than that based on his injury history though. Koestler will be a very good pitcher for us I think. Really need Cerentola to step up and take the Sunday spot and be solid too. I hope Logan Tanner and Landon Sims can consistently throw strikes for us and figure out how to do that between now and February but they're both freshmen so that's dicey.

In SEC play I doubt Riley will be anything more than a matchup guy for a few batters. Where we need him to step up is during the midweek when we need him to eat innings to save pitchers for the weekend.

BeardoMSU
10-17-2019, 08:48 AM

Couldn't have said it better.

I still get goosebumps thinking about that. Damn that was awesome.