PDA

View Full Version : CL Article on Shrader

TrapGame
10-16-2019, 10:19 AM
The praise and admiration he gets from his fellow teammates says a lot. This kid is special. After reading that article I think I see what has developed in the locker room over the last three games.

We have a chance to go 6-6. But it won't be b/c of Joe Moorhead's coaching. It will be b/c Garrett Shrader put this team on his back and carried it there.

Activated Alpha
10-16-2019, 10:26 AM
As long as he doesn't try to leap from the 5 yard line, then yeah he can carry the team on his back all he wants. Probably the only player on the team that has the grit to do it.

Mobile Bay
10-16-2019, 10:31 AM
I am convinced out TD drive against Tennessee was entirely him ignoring the play called from the sidelines and doing just that.

StarkVegasSteve
10-16-2019, 10:40 AM
I am convinced out TD drive against Tennessee was entirely him ignoring the play called from the sidelines and doing just that.

I said the same thing in the stands on Saturday. Our last 2 plays on the drive were the same exact play. We had Thomas on a deep drag wide open both times.

confucius say
10-16-2019, 10:47 AM
The praise and admiration he gets from his fellow teammates says a lot. This kid is special. After reading that article I think I see what has developed in the locker room over the last three games.

We have a chance to go 6-6. But it won't be b/c of Joe Moorhead's coaching. It will be b/c Garrett Shrader put this team on his back and carried it there.

I hear ya, but GS aint here without joe being here.

Lets just let things play out a little. I think things could be different with GS.

CovertDawg
10-16-2019, 11:08 AM
We lost our first game to South Alabama after Dak left. Player leadership means a lot and it is why I am not giving the players a free pass on the soft play this year.

timotheus
10-16-2019, 11:24 AM
That is why honest communication with any team is critical. Joe talks to the team as if he is the physics professor and that ain't exactly the manner in which one gets a point across to our team. Anybody can give a pep talk in pregame but it's the 6 days of prior preparation where we lag.

dawgday166
10-16-2019, 11:26 AM
I hear ya, but GS aint here without joe being here.

Lets just let things play out a little. I think things could be different with GS.

GS by himself may change it a little but overall ... Joe is Joe. He's not tough and he won't be able to rebuild and then sustain a tough team.

They practiced in the rain yesterday for the 1st time I believe ever. Ok ... that's cool. Joe tho, he might have a tough practice or 2 .. then he'll take them to the waterpark and lighten up in practices after that. Honestly tho .. I'm not sure Joe even knows what a tough practice is really.

He might be a good OC again ... but he ain't an SEC HC.

Coach007
10-16-2019, 11:44 AM

HAHAHAHA!!! SO Moorhead didn't recruit him? Moorhead isn't training... LMAO!

Jack Lambert
10-16-2019, 11:44 AM
We lost our first game to South Alabama after Dak left. Player leadership means a lot and it is why I am not giving the players a free pass on the soft play this year.

Folks forget we had two five regular win seasons and two six regular win seasons under Mullen. I am not giving anyone a pass this season but there is still six games to play I am going to show my support.

Coach007
10-16-2019, 11:46 AM
I said the same thing in the stands on Saturday. Our last 2 plays on the drive were the same exact play. We had Thomas on a deep drag wide open both times.

ANd he will see those at some point. And with Moorhead continuing to improve the WR position and bringing in JUCO on the defense to add depth and players...

Next year and 2021 could be special.

rowdy53103
10-16-2019, 11:48 AM
https://www.clarionledger.com/story/sports/college/mississippi-state/2019/10/16/what-mississippi-state-teammates-said-quarterback-garrett-shrader-bulldogs-college-football-lsu-game/3994167002/

Coach007
10-16-2019, 11:48 AM
GS by himself may change it a little but overall ... Joe is Joe. He's not tough and he won't be able to rebuild and then sustain a tough team.

They practiced in the rain yesterday for the 1st time I believe ever. Ok ... that's cool. Joe tho, he might have a tough practice or 2 .. then he'll take them to the waterpark and lighten up in practices after that. Honestly tho .. I'm not sure Joe even knows what a tough practice is really.

He might be a good OC again ... but he ain't an SEC HC.

Until he is winning less than Mullen did, you don't have ground to stand on. So far, he has not dropped below that of Mullen.

TrapGame
10-16-2019, 11:52 AM
HAHAHAHA!!! SO Moorhead didn't recruit him? Moorhead isn't training... LMAO!

Jesus Christ. I can't believe you're a coach.

TrapGame
10-16-2019, 11:53 AM
https://www.clarionledger.com/story/sports/college/mississippi-state/2019/10/16/what-mississippi-state-teammates-said-quarterback-garrett-shrader-bulldogs-college-football-lsu-game/3994167002/

There's a rule about linking to the CL around here. That's why I didn't do it in the first place.

TrapGame
10-16-2019, 11:55 AM
ANd he will see those at some point. And with Moorhead continuing to improve the WR position and bringing in JUCO on the defense to add depth and players...

Next year and 2021 could be special.

Not if we are still as soft as Charmin. I don't see that changing.

Shrader had the ONLY touchdown vs Tennessee. Not the 5th year senior from PSU that knows Joe's offense. The true gd freshman.

R2Dawg
10-16-2019, 11:57 AM

Yep, I thought about that the other day how DM screwed that up. Fitz plays the whole game we don't lose to USA. It took Dan a few games to finally figure out who to play. He should have known that.

Now Joe also should have known and it took him two losses and 6 games to figure it out as well as cost us an established QB - KT in the process that may have been our best chance at this year because of Joe being stubborn. Same as his stubbornness cost us several games last year. Too much Croom memory which is why so many have reactive this way.

Really Clark?
10-16-2019, 12:02 PM
Until he is winning less than Mullen did, you don't have ground to stand on. So far, he has not dropped below that of Mullen.

He is below Mullen in losing to a team with a losing regular season record if Tenn holds to form. They may be a 3-4 win team themselves. And that number could also increase this season if we play the same like last Sat.

Really Clark?
10-16-2019, 12:03 PM

Double post

dawgday166
10-16-2019, 12:05 PM

He ain't got a prayer of winning like Mullen. Even if he can get to 7 - 8 wins a year he ain't ever getting 9 or 10 (in regular season). The only reason we had 8 last year was cause of the player leadership from Mullen's last team.

R2Dawg
10-16-2019, 12:25 PM

You hear from players exactly what we see on Saturdays; they respond and pickup a notch with Shrader under center.

Coach007
10-16-2019, 12:47 PM
He is below Mullen in losing to a team with a losing regular season record if Tenn holds to form. They may be a 3-4 win team themselves. And that number could also increase this season if we play the same like last Sat.

Moorhead has no less wins than Mullen. You can twist what ever else you want around. South Alabama had a .500 and Mullen was one of those wins to get there.

Dan Mullen owns the worst record vs. AP-ranked team of all-time.

Until Moorhead is losing in over all games played... Then don't claim he is doing worse than Mullen. It's pretty simple.

Coach007
10-16-2019, 12:49 PM
He ain't got a prayer of winning like Mullen. Even if he can get to 7 - 8 wins a year he ain't ever getting 9 or 10 (in regular season). The only reason we had 8 last year was cause of the player leadership from Mullen's last team.

Ok. We will see. Right now, the focus is on this year and recruiting, and evaluating the staff for any changes needing to be made.

Really Clark?
10-16-2019, 01:16 PM
Moorhead has no less wins than Mullen. You can twist what ever else you want around. South Alabama had a .500 and Mullen was one of those wins to get there.

Dan Mullen owns the worst record vs. AP-ranked team of all-time.

Until Moorhead is losing in over all games played... Then don't claim he is doing worse than Mullen. It's pretty simple.

It is pretty simple and nothing is twisted. The Tenn lost will be to a worse team than any of Mullen?s losses while here. Period. That is factual. And if we play like that the rest of the season, Moorehead will have a worse record than Mullen ever did. Now that has to play out, agreed. But nobody can sit here today and state that it is not a real possibility that we win only 1 more game this season.

msugolf
10-16-2019, 01:33 PM
Simple question for ya coach007...who do you think is the better coach..Dan or Joe?

Coach007
10-16-2019, 01:35 PM
It is pretty simple and nothing is twisted. The Tenn lost will be to a worse team than any of Mullen?s losses while here. Period. That is factual. And if we play like that the rest of the season, Moorehead will have a worse record than Mullen ever did. Now that has to play out, agreed. But nobody can sit here today and state that it is not a real possibility that we win only 1 more game this season.

I'm sorry... factually wrong. The lose to a South Alabama is way worse. They started their program in 2009. Until then had NO football. They are a SUN BELT team. Period. He lost to a team with WAY worse talent than UT... Period.

Coach007
10-16-2019, 01:40 PM
Simple question for ya coach007...who do you think is the better coach..Dan or Joe?

In the same boat I was with Mullen. We all have to wait and see. Scheme? Moorhead.

Really Clark?
10-16-2019, 02:12 PM
I'm sorry... factually wrong. The lose to a South Alabama is way worse. They started their program in 2009. Until then had NO football. They are a SUN BELT team. Period. He lost to a team with WAY worse talent than UT... Period.

No it’s not. Just false. We got beat by a team that lost by 8 to a Sunbelt Team!! and a 2-4 BYU team!! And if not for 2 INT’s in the end zone. we are blown out by 24 points. USA was bad but a chip shot 28 yard FG and we win at the end. Shouldn’t have happen but the Tenn loss is factually a worse loss than USA. Period.

Coach007
10-16-2019, 02:25 PM
No it’s not. Just false. We got beat by a team that lost by 8 to a Sunbelt Team!! and a 2-4 BYU team!! And if not for 2 INT’s in the end zone. we are blown out by 24 points. USA was bad but a chip shot 28 yard FG and we win at the end. Shouldn’t have happen but the Tenn loss is factually a worse loss than USA. Period.

Yes it is. UT has way more talent than South Alabama. Way more. Just because Pruitt is making changes and showing people the door does not mean they are not talented and capable of winning. They had the #4 recruiting class that is still on that team. They had the #7 and some of them are still on that team.

Mullen's loss to a South alabama team who had only been in existence for 7 years and recruits at a national level of about 100 each year is way worse in ANY year let alone his 8th year than that of Moorhead's to a team who recruited a national class of #4, #7, #14, #17.

Really Clark?
10-16-2019, 02:33 PM
Yes it is. UT has way more talent than South Alabama. Way more. Just because Pruitt is making changes and showing people the door does not mean they are not talented and capable of winning. They had the #4 recruiting class that is still on that team. They had the #7 and some of them are still on that team.

Mullen's loss to a South alabama team who had only been in existence for 7 years and recruits at a national level of about 100 each year is way worse in ANY year let alone his 8th year than that of Moorhead's to a team who recruited a national class of #4, #7, #14, #17.

Tenn lost to GA ST by 8 points who is recruiting at the identical level as USA when we lost to them by a last second missed FG. And we lose by 10 points to Tenn, luckily not 24 points. We lost to a team that lost to a Sunbelt Team. My word it is by far a worse defeat. And we looked like a diarrhea skid mark in the loss. It is a worse lost than USA who actually went bowling that season

CovertDawg
10-16-2019, 03:32 PM
Tenn lost to GA ST by 8 points who is recruiting at the identical level as USA when we lost to them by a last second missed FG. And we lose by 10 points to Tenn, luckily not 24 points. We lost to a team that lost to a Sunbelt Team. My word it is by far a worse defeat. And we looked like a diarrhea skid mark in the loss. It is a worse lost than USA who actually went bowling that season

And that 2016 South Alabama team lost to Georgia Southern by 15 points at home...so what is your point. The 2016 South Alabama team went 2-6 in the Sunbelt and had maybe one NFL prospect. You can hate Moorhead all you want but you are delirious if you think losing to South Alabama at home on opening day is not a worse loss than losing on the road at Tennessee.

Really Clark?
10-16-2019, 03:48 PM
And that 2016 South Alabama team lost to Georgia Southern by 15 points at home...so what is your point. The 2016 South Alabama team went 2-6 in the Sunbelt and had maybe one NFL prospect. You can hate Moorhead all you want but you are delirious if you think losing to South Alabama at home on opening day is not a worse loss than losing on the road at Tennessee.

I don’t hate Moorehead. Not even close. Was one of the ones very excited to get him. That USA team also beat #19 San Diego State that year, who finished 25th. What does Georgia Southern have to do with anything? Tenn lost to Georgia State this year but that is irrelevant to 2016? But that lost last weekend was one of the worse losses we have had since before Mullen. This Tenn team is horrible.

CovertDawg
10-16-2019, 03:55 PM
Fair enough...and yes the Tennessee loss was terrible...but the 2016 South Alabama team won exactly one road game that year and it was at the friendly confines of Davis Wade Stadium.

Also, a seldom remembered fact about the South Alabama game....MSU was up 17-0 at halftime!

timotheus
10-16-2019, 05:06 PM
the main difference will be the number of years in the coaching tenure. Mullen had 9 This JoMo dude is looking at 3 but trending backwards to 2.

War Machine Dawg
10-16-2019, 11:01 PM
Not if we are still as soft as Charmin. I don't see that changing.

Shrader had the ONLY touchdown vs Tennessee. Not the 5th year senior from PSU that knows Joe's offense. The true gd freshman.

It's still amazing that Jughead thinks Stevens is a better QB than KT & Moose and needed a transfer QB with Shrader coming to campus. A QB room of KT, Moose, and Shrader would have been plenty good if he had a clue how to teach his system and develop QBs. Instead, we're looking at having no backup QB on the roster for Shrader next season when Stevens graduates and Key & Moose both transfer out in December. It's the worst case of QB mismanagement I've ever seen.

Todd4State
10-16-2019, 11:07 PM
Who cares if South Alabama or Tennessee was a worse loss? Both should have been wins for us and neither was excusable. Personally, I'd say South Alabama was worse but Dan's overall body of work was better so we have to give him more of a pass.

Todd4State
10-16-2019, 11:12 PM
It's still amazing that Jughead thinks Stevens is a better QB than KT & Moose and needed a transfer QB with Shrader coming to campus. A QB room of KT, Moose, and Shrader would have been plenty good if he had a clue how to teach his system and develop QBs. Instead, we're looking at having no backup QB on the roster for Shrader next season when Stevens graduates and Key & Moose both transfer out in December. It's the worst case of QB mismanagement I've ever seen.

Joe was clearly playing favorites. Which MSU can not do and reach our ceiling. Honestly I think a healthy Stevens is pretty good- but he's not healthy and I think that's why he's not executing. Obviously the guy is pretty scared back there. It's debatable whether Stevens is a SEC player too.

At any rate taking all factors into account it should have been very clear that Shrader is the better option. Of course, I love it when MSU BS like "Shrader was too hurt" to start gets exposed. Which is up there with "Holloway blocks better than Aeris" in my book. It would be really nice if MSU just had a coach that would actually play the best people. At least then they could save face not to mention get better results on the field.

dawgday166
10-17-2019, 04:15 AM
South Alabama was probably a worse loss but we immediately turned around and beat USCe and took LSU to the mat. We didn't keep looking like a pee wee football team taking the field for the 1st time ever.

TheLostDawg
10-17-2019, 05:59 AM
Was Moorhead wearing shorts at Tennessee too? If not I think he should this week.

dawgday166
10-17-2019, 06:02 AM
delete

StateDawg44
10-17-2019, 08:57 AM
South Alabama was probably a worse loss but we immediately turned around and beat USCe and took LSU to the mat. We didn't keep looking like a pee wee football team taking the field for the 1st time ever.

This sums that argument up plain and simple.

I'm done giving him the benefit of the doubt that he will make changes necessary to make our players look competent. He 100% has to earn the fanbase back at this point and it's evident. And it's not just on this forum. You can tell he is trying to get back in with the fans but his fancy words and quotes have been sniffed out.

The only option he has to take the pressure off of himself is to change the product on the field for the better. Just show something different. Any glimmer of hope. All we have to feel good about right now is Schrader and maybe Kylin. Show some effort and thought went into the gameplan, plays, and preparation. On both sides of the ball but especially offense for the love of God.

He won't ever get some of the fanbase back after UT but he can still buy himself some support for next year if he really shows a new plan of attack that is evident.

Earlier this week I said he couldn't win me back. I'd say it's possible now but the odds are very lopsided and stacked heavily against him with the remainder of the schedule looming.

Dawg61
10-17-2019, 09:21 AM
I feel sorry for all the posters that haven't realized they need to put oo7 on ignore yet