PDA

View Full Version : Any chance Joe could win you back?

Tbonewannabe
10-16-2019, 08:51 AM
I don't think Joe is the right fit and I doubt he can fix the culture problems that he has brought into the program. With that said he could possibly win me back by:

1) Beat or take LSU and Bama to the wire. If you somehow compete with both teams and show it isn't a fluke then that gives a little confidence.

2) Beat the brakes off of Ark, Abilene, and UM. There is no way that any of the 3 should be within 2 or 3 TDs of us. Ark and UM have looked like garbage although improved garbage. Even playing these teams close shows we regressed badly similar to the UT game. UT = South Alabama in my eyes.

3) Win or play a really close game with A&M. I could understand a loss to A&M by a TD or less. If we get skull17ed then that just proves Moorhead is consistently crap on the road which isn't acceptable.

So a minimum record of 6-6 with a bowl game but us looking like an actual SEC football team. I don't think Joe can do it but that is what I personally require. Getting pushed around by lesser teams like ULL and KSU isn't acceptable for a SEC team.

MagicDawg
10-16-2019, 09:05 AM
I'm done...

... with not being prepared for the first offensive play of a game.
... with insane penalties stemming from lack of hustle or lack of discipline or both.
... with looking like we've never seen a football.
... with having two weeks or more to prepare for 1) Iowa or 2) Tennessee and coming out flaccid and flummoxed.
... with genius theoretical offensive minds who won't work with what they physically have on their roster.
... with hypothetical "win me back" scenarios.

I have benefit-of-the-doubted my way to the end of that road. I'm done.

The only way we improve on what we've done this season is for our coach to take actions that apparently go against every instinct he has. We will never sustain success with a coach whose philosophy needs to be a George Costanza "do the opposite." It's funny, but it only works for one episode.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RerJWv5vwxc

WinningIsRelentless
10-16-2019, 09:42 AM
I?m tired of us looking like we have done nothing to prepare offensively for the game. Its beyond obvious that Joe thinks his offense/play calling is far superior and he doesn?t need to prepare for games.

Todd4State
10-16-2019, 09:54 AM
Win out.

So pretty much no.

HereComesTheSpiral
10-16-2019, 09:56 AM
I've already switched over to watching the Blues after the Cardinals were put out last night.

confucius say
10-16-2019, 10:05 AM
If he gets to 6-6, GS looks like the answer at qb, beats OM, looks less sloppy, and wins a bowl game then most of the fan base will be fine and chalk this year up to suspensions, injuries, and the Tommy fiasco, and will make note that Dan had these seasons too.

Homedawg
10-16-2019, 10:08 AM
If he gets to 6-6, GS looks like the answer at qb, beats OM, looks less sloppy, and wins a bowl game then most of the fan base will be fine and chalk this year up to suspensions, injuries, and the Tommy fiasco, and will make note that Dan had these seasons too.

6-6 is back to back years of under achieving. Our schedule is as easy as it could possibly be. It's a laid egg. Now, at 6-6 i recognize he's coming back, but won't change my opinion of him.

wild_dawg
10-16-2019, 10:10 AM
Never say never, but it would take a lot. If we end up 6-6, I'll have some hope but I won't be back on board. If we slip up on LSU, Bama or A&M I'll be on the fence although I'd be led to believe that maybe he is figuring things out.

99jc
10-16-2019, 10:15 AM
HELL NO! i didnt want fat ass from the day he was hired!

https://www.elitedawgs.com/showthread.php?69662-Just-back-to-motel-from-the-game-it-was-as-bad-as-what-you-saw-on-tv&highlight=moorhead

MD2020
10-16-2019, 10:20 AM
Nope. He has to finish undefeated in my book. Winning 6 games is expected. I don't want him back for winning just the expected games.

TrapGame
10-16-2019, 10:22 AM
6-6 Shrader looking good, beating om will get me enthused but not back on board. There are some serious issues with this team and I think Joe's in over his head in the SEC. And let's face it 6-6 is a long shot now.

Dawgology
10-16-2019, 10:33 AM
Beat either LSU or Bama and then beat Tamu, Ark, Um, Abilene. Then win the bowl game.

So probably not. We will be lucky to finish 5-7. I feel we will finish the season 4-8 and our dumb as **** AD will give him another season.

RiverCityDawg
10-16-2019, 10:39 AM
For me we would have to win 4 more plus a bowl game AND look more organized, prepared and disciplined along the way. 3 more plus a bowl win and SOME improvement in the afore mentioned areas might get me on the fence (pre-UT game feeling). At that point I'll at least be willing to see what next year holds. A losing season and I'm permanently lost.

Churchill
10-16-2019, 10:54 AM
This is a good point...Croom should be able to get us to 6-6 from where we are now.

NCDawg
10-16-2019, 11:09 AM
HELL NO! i didnt want fat ass from the day he was hired!

https://www.elitedawgs.com/showthread.php?69662-Just-back-to-motel-from-the-game-it-was-as-bad-as-what-you-saw-on-tv&highlight=moorhead

I agree we were unprepared and undisciplined for the Kentucky game last year. I thought maybe this was just a one time thing, but I was wrong. Cohen screwed us big time with this hire.

Homedawg
10-16-2019, 11:13 AM
Nope. He has to finish undefeated in my book. Winning 6 games is expected. I don't want him back for winning just the expected games.

already can't win the expected ones. That's the problem.

StarkVegasSteve
10-16-2019, 11:14 AM
7-5 and looking competitive against Bama and LSU wouldn't win me back, but it would show that he's willing to make changes. I'll be honest though, I think he's gone at the end of the year. That press conference Monday sounded like a concession speech. I halfway expected him to announce he was resigning at the end of it.

timotheus
10-16-2019, 11:14 AM
I seriously doubt we can score 30 points on Om. the rich rod offense will shred our D for more than 40 so the egg bowl is looking bleak.

TrapGame
10-16-2019, 11:21 AM
7-5 and looking competitive against Bama and LSU wouldn't win me back, but it would show that he's willing to make changes. I'll be honest though, I think he's gone at the end of the year. That press conference Monday sounded like a concession speech. I halfway expected him to announce he was resigning at the end of it.

That was a beat down man. Deflated. He looks like he wants out. There are softer defenses in the Big10. I doubt he's gonna change b/c the light bulb should have gone off after the Auburn game last year that he had to tailor the offense for this team. Putting Kylin in motion to open up lanes for Fitz was a wrinkle that proved hugely successful. An offensive guru should be able to do stuff like that almost every game.

Tbonewannabe
10-16-2019, 11:24 AM
That was a beat down man. Deflated. He looks like he wants out. There are softer defenses in the Big10. I doubt he's gonna change b/c the light bulb should have gone off after the Auburn game last year that he had to tailor the offense for this team. Putting Kylin in motion to open up lanes for Fitz was a wrinkle that proved hugely successful. An offensive guru should be able to do stuff like that almost every game.

So do you think the rumor was true that Hud basically came up with that game plan and talked Joe into running it? I thought it was kind of bullcrap but seeing no semblance of adjustment since then makes me think it might have been true.

timotheus
10-16-2019, 11:27 AM
You are onto something now. The only system he knows is his and he can't adjust to anything else. Random play selection worked at fordham and then saquan barkley made him look like a guru but he ain't a guru.

FISHDAWG
10-16-2019, 11:32 AM
he could win out and still not win me back ..... and I came to that conclusion LAST year

MD2020
10-16-2019, 11:39 AM
already can't win the expected ones. That's the problem.

That's true. Bringing in Stephens was the definite ending to his career as a bulldog

R2Dawg
10-16-2019, 11:47 AM
So do you think the rumor was true that Hud basically came up with that game plan and talked Joe into running it? I thought it was kind of bullcrap but seeing no semblance of adjustment since then makes me think it might have been true.

Boy it makes sense doesn't it, but I don't know any facts on the matter.

6-6 and he will be back and maybe I am OK with it. If we look terrible doing it, I may not be thrilled about it.

I'm not liking 5-7 and for sure 4-8 he needs to be gone.

He will not have me back realistically until we start to look like a team which I don't see happening this year but I can be brought back to neutral with a good finish.

My fear is he does barely enough to earn another year but things get worse. What must be done eventually, must be done immediately or pay the penalty.

Tbonewannabe
10-16-2019, 11:54 AM
Boy it makes sense doesn't it, but I don't know any facts on the matter.

6-6 and he will be back and maybe I am OK with it. If we look terrible doing it, I may not be thrilled about it.

I'm not liking 5-7 and for sure 4-8 he needs to be gone.

He will not have me back realistically until we start to look like a team which I don't see happening this year but I can be brought back to neutral with a good finish.

My fear is he does barely enough to earn another year but things get worse. What must be done eventually, must be done immediately or pay the penalty.

We already have lost some of the physicality and effort that we have come to expect. Even Croom had the team play physical and with effort, he just had no clue how to run a college offense.

TrapGame
10-16-2019, 12:01 PM

I believe Joe was "talked" into his game plan. I believe the rumor was Hud and Johnson told him if it didn't work they'd quit. It worked but it embarrassed Joe. He wasn't the smartest guy in the room at that point. He couldn't admit his offense was not working so he doubled his efforts to make it work. I think A&M was a total fluke. Jimbo just didn't have his guys ready.