PDA

View Full Version : 7 is on his way to becoming famous

dawgday166
10-15-2019, 07:32 PM
https://247sports.com/college/mississippi-state/board/59413/Contents/cjm-to-rutgersrumor-says-its-a-done-deal-137028995/

msstate7
10-15-2019, 07:34 PM
Not a member... is my thread about kicks96 dj?

dawgday166
10-15-2019, 07:34 PM
Yep

ETA: There another post in that thread from someone who claims to have a relative very close to MSUA dept. Says Moorhead hates it here, fans hate him, and he's not a good ole boy. Not sure if true or not but hell .. Dan was far from a good ole boy. You win games you should win ... we love ya mane!

dawgday166
10-15-2019, 07:39 PM
Try this link. You may be able to read it.

https://247sports.com/college/penn-state/board/18/Contents/ot-moorhead-rumor-136974866/?page=1

turkish
10-15-2019, 07:44 PM
Wait wait. You have to be an insider to know that Moorhead hates life right now, fans hate him, and he?s not from the area? Lmao.

Coach007
10-15-2019, 07:44 PM
LMAO!!! Just accept the ban bet with the rest of the collective... that includes Ms7.

When you guys all say you are in... we can set the terms.

dawgday166
10-15-2019, 07:47 PM
LMAO!!! Just accept the ban bet with the rest of the collective... that includes Ms7.

You're an idiot Joe! I'm one of the ones that said I don't think anything happens this year and probably not next. I've never said Cohen or anyone else would fire him this year or at the end of this year. I do think that may be the best option tho ... cut bait.

I don't believe Cohen will jump that soon to right a ship this short of time into a tenure ... without cause that is.

Todd4State
10-15-2019, 07:50 PM
Yep

ETA: There another post in that thread from someone who claims to have a relative very close to MSUA dept. Says Moorhead hates it here, fans hate him, and he's not a good ole boy. Not sure if true or not but hell .. Dan was far from a good ole boy. You win games you should win ... we love ya mane!
Whether that person is an insider or not all of that is obvious. Which is why I don’t think Joe is back next year.

msstate7
10-15-2019, 07:51 PM
Lol... I really hope that guy is right.

https://www.kicks96news.com/

^^^This is the radio station's website. I'm trying to figure out the DJ's name

TrapGame
10-15-2019, 08:25 PM
Try this link. You may be able to read it.

https://247sports.com/college/penn-state/board/18/Contents/ot-moorhead-rumor-136974866/?page=1

Reading the comments and even they seem to see it's just not working.

Todd4State
10-15-2019, 08:33 PM
Reading the comments and even they seem to see it's just not working.

I don’t see anybody that thinks it’s going to work. I see some people that feel sorry for him. Mainly because of his press conference but that’s a totally different emotion.

ATTILLA THE DOG
10-15-2019, 08:38 PM

Ok Thomas I am in

timotheus
10-15-2019, 08:51 PM
guys, he's going to be unemployed just after thanksgiving this year or Cohen will also be out. John wants to stay

FriarsPoint
10-15-2019, 09:06 PM
guys, he's going to be unemployed just after thanksgiving this year or Cohen will also be out. John wants to stay

I have to believe this. The pressure on the AD is going to be enormous.

Homedawg
10-15-2019, 09:16 PM
Jc is starting to feel more heat from those w check books. Big ones. Didn't say it was over but the heat is on for sure

Homedawg
10-15-2019, 09:17 PM

I still haven't seen what the bet is...

Todd4State
10-15-2019, 09:34 PM
Jc is starting to feel more heat from those w check books. Big ones. Didn't say it was over but the heat is on for sure

And rightfully so.

I would imagine that those with big check books probably are going to want to make sure that certain things are in place first. Joe's probably coaching for his job against Arkansas. Thing is I'm not so sure Joe just doesn't leave on his own anyway.

bobtail bob
10-15-2019, 09:34 PM
Who cares about a dam ban bet ? It proves nothing.

msstate7
10-15-2019, 09:35 PM
And rightfully so.

I would imagine that those with big check books probably are going to want to make sure that certain things are in place first. Joe's probably coaching for his job against Arkansas. Thing is I'm not so sure Joe just doesn't leave on his own anyway.

That's best case for both sides

bulldawg989
10-15-2019, 09:37 PM
I still haven't seen what the bet is...

Don't fall for it, it's all a ploy to get you to dummy down so he can one up you with his idiotic ranting. Don't engage it, just let it pass like Moorhead's short stint as HC. In the long run you'll be better for it.

Todd4State
10-15-2019, 09:41 PM
That's best case for both sides

Absolutely agree 100%. The thing about all of this is I highly doubt Joe is happy here too.

The interesting thing to me is Illinois and Boston College both paid recent head coaches as much or more than we are paying Joe right now. Rutgers was about a million less. So if he goes to any one of those three I would imagine he paid comparably to what MSU is- although he may take a paycut at Rutgers.

Dawg61
10-15-2019, 10:23 PM
Two mods already told the board to knock the ban bet shit off

Coach007
10-15-2019, 10:25 PM
You're an idiot Joe! I'm one of the ones that said I don't think anything happens this year and probably not next. I've never said Cohen or anyone else would fire him this year or at the end of this year. I do think that may be the best option tho ... cut bait.

I don't believe Cohen will jump that soon to right a ship this short of time into a tenure ... without cause that is.

That's one no

Homedawg
10-15-2019, 10:26 PM
That's one no

One no to what???

Coach007
10-15-2019, 10:28 PM
Two mods already told the board to knock the ban bet shit off

My bad, I didn't know that was the case.

So Collective... No ban bet on if Moorhead is still here next year.

But I'm gonna be honest. The rest of this year is going to fun watching the Collective melt. Over the top rants

Homedawg
10-15-2019, 10:28 PM
Ok mr better 007, how bout this, we run the table on ark and ole miss I'll take a ban. Lose one you take one. How's that? If we lose to ac you leave forever.... which won't happen Bc Jomo pads his stats against shit teams like that.

Coach007
10-15-2019, 10:33 PM
Ok mr better 007, how bout this, we run the table on ark and ole miss I'll take a ban. Lose one you take one. How's that? If we lose to ac you leave forever.... which won't happen Bc Jomo pads his stats against shit teams like that.

Mods say we can't do it. So I will respect their site. But the agreement was a ban for all of next season if Moorhead returns and ALL of the "collective" have to agree. And I mean all of you.

Homedawg
10-15-2019, 10:37 PM
Mods say we can't do it. So I will respect their site. But the agreement was a ban for all of next season if Moorhead returns and ALL of the "collective" have to agree. And I mean all of you.

Who would take that bet? Stupid. Odds say he returns. Doesn't mean it's wise. I'm not John Cohen.

PMDawg
10-15-2019, 10:38 PM

But I'm gonna be honest. The rest of this year is going to fun watching the Collective melt. Over the top rants

If you think this is fun, then you're even dumber than I thought. And that's pretty darn dumb.

Homedawg
10-15-2019, 10:39 PM

Collective rant?? If we win we will be happy. But we've already shit In the bed w two bullshit losses. KSU and ut. You know, the ut that's terrible. You said it. Why waste suspended players against them. Well you were right.

Coach007
10-15-2019, 10:48 PM
Who would take that bet? Stupid. Odds say he returns. Doesn't mean it's wise. I'm not John Cohen.

riiiiight........ 2009, 2011, 2013, 2016... yeah,,, 2019.. Seems a bit common doesn't it.

Homedawg
10-15-2019, 10:51 PM
Can't wait til next year for the next set of excuses. But I know 21 is set up PERFECT ��

Coach007
10-15-2019, 11:11 PM
Collective rant??

No... The Collective. Those 6-7 posters here that are group think and attack those who dare to disagree. The birds of the feather.

If we win we will be happy

Disagree....100%.

You know, the ut that's terrible. You said it.

It was. But I'm not calling for a mans job. I'm stating facts of where we are and why we are here. For the Collective, it's only 1 reason.... and it's a Yankee who is a country club guy damn it!

I mean... it couldn't be actual facts like recruiting by Mullen, EVEN THOUGH we have a track record of the Mullen Cycle. nah.... It's the yank... and the country club. It couldn't possibly be factual that the offense actually looked good when Stevens was healthy.... because DAMN IT!!!! STEVENS REPLACE THE MIGHT KT!!!!! DAMN HIM!!

Unreasonable COLLECTIVE.

timotheus
10-15-2019, 11:13 PM
hey man, what time does practice start tomorrow? U got a red hat like the one KT wears?

Coach007
10-15-2019, 11:38 PM
hey man, what time does practice start tomorrow? U got a red hat like the one KT wears?

KT was not and never will be able to run this system.

"WHY COACH?"

That's a great question man. Because KT bailed. He entered the portal. He decided.

Now, no.... he will never see the field here. and that sucks. Because he would have had his opportunity and Shrader could have redshirted.

Any other questions?

timotheus
10-15-2019, 11:41 PM
You know perfectly well that JoMo didn't like him the day he met him. Joe can't coach players that he doesn't like and it's getting more and more obvious to me. I have seen several high school coaches that I have covered who had the same problem.

dantheman4248
10-15-2019, 11:47 PM
So let me get this straight. This guy is trying to be himself being banned for 1 season against a giant group of people being banned for one season.

He really values his dumb opinion to equal that of a “collective”.

Stop it. Get some help. You’re clearly delusional.

War Machine Dawg
10-15-2019, 11:50 PM
And rightfully so.

As I've said in other threads, I highly doubt that just boosters are putting pressure on JC. The Starkville business community is very reliant on football weekend commerce. They're sharp enough to know they're staring down the barrel of a major revenue drop in 2020 if Moorhead is still HC, especially combined with the dog shit home schedule we have. They'll make sure Keenum & JC hear about it.

Coach007
10-16-2019, 12:36 AM
You know perfectly well that JoMo didn't like him the day he met him. Joe can't coach players that he doesn't like and it's getting more and more obvious to me. I have seen several high school coaches that I have covered who had the same problem.

Oh ****ing BS! What a friggin LIE for you to push on a message board. WOW!

pathetic to even do that.

Coach007
10-16-2019, 12:38 AM
So let me get this straight. This guy is trying to be himself being banned for 1 season against a giant group of people being banned for one season.

He really values his dumb opinion to equal that of a “collective”.

Stop it. Get some help. You’re clearly delusional.

I'm waiting on you to get it straight. I'm talking about here..... and it's a few.

Coach007
10-16-2019, 12:44 AM
As I've said in other threads, I highly doubt that just boosters are putting pressure on JC. The Starkville business community is very reliant on football weekend commerce. They're sharp enough to know they're staring down the barrel of a major revenue drop in 2020 if Moorhead is still HC, especially combined with the dog shit home schedule we have. They'll make sure Keenum & JC hear about it.

And I can tell you now... as of 10/15/2019 .... Moorhead IS NOT on the hot seat. There are 2 reasons

- The fan base is not lost. The amount of people in these threads show that it's the same people over and over. And you DON'T need more than 2 hands to count them.

- the SEC money coming in has made these pressures lessened. You could put 10K in the stands (which Mullen had a few of those) and it won't matter. The season tickets.... already purchased. Please give them up next year when the excitement over Shrader and the incoming class is here.

Demanding a change after 1.5 years and feeling like the collective here is the main stream is pretty stunning.

Moorhead will be here next year, and he will have support.

RiverCityDawg
10-16-2019, 05:56 AM
And I can tell you now... as of 10/15/2019 .... Moorhead IS NOT on the hot seat. There are 2 reasons

- The fan base is not lost. The amount of people in these threads show that it's the same people over and over. And you DON'T need more than 2 hands to count them.

- the SEC money coming in has made these pressures lessened. You could put 10K in the stands (which Mullen had a few of those) and it won't matter. The season tickets.... already purchased. Please give them up next year when the excitement over Shrader and the incoming class is here.

Demanding a change after 1.5 years and feeling like the collective here is the main stream is pretty stunning.

Again, you are making all these points with the perspective that we are going 6-6 or better. Most here now are expecting 4-8 or 5-7. I disagree that the fan base is not lost right now. His approval rating is well under 50% if it's not single digits. It's lost. Fans are fickle though so some could come back with wins. But with that said, if it's 4-8 or 5-7 with an embarrassing egg bowl loss at home on Thanksgiving he will not have support by the majority and I certainly don't think he'll be here next year if we finish 4-8.

msbulldog
10-16-2019, 06:09 AM
Well I have been a fan through multiple 3 and 4 win seasons, so I've seen worse.

Homedawg
10-16-2019, 07:04 AM

Unfortunately, most all of this is incorrect. The only thing even possible is he is here next year. The support, the great recruiting class, fan base etc. all bullshit.

CoachT14
10-16-2019, 07:04 AM

You have a really odd obsession with pointing out Mullen's "fault's" or throwing complete blame to him to try and make Moorhead look better. It comes off extremely desperate and illogical. But after reading your posts on this board since the beginning of the season, I shouldn't be surprised. It's honestly just sad, almost as sad as that press conference from Moorhead the other day. Say what you will about Mullen's "fault's" and lack of effort some seasons, his teams never looked as disorganized, disinterested, and plain out undisciplined as this bunch. I say all this as a guy, that the moment we hired Moorhead, I was completely all aboard. He checked every box for me, and I'm a coach so I understand the expectations and the things that need to get done. But you can check all the right boxes, say all the right things/phrases, and if you don't hold kids accountable for the standards/expectations that you constantly preach about, it's all for naught. You can preach all day long about how it's not your job as a coach to coach effort from your players and he's a 100% right, I constantly talk about this with my players. But it's my job as the coach to make sure that a player who's not meeting my level of expectation with effort to not play and so far Moorhead has shown that he is full of hot air in regards to things he says and the things he does. Just to give an example, I know in one thread, you complained about the problem with the offense on passing plays has some to do with Kylin not blocking.... well guess what? That's on Moorhead, Nick Gibson and Lee Witherspoon are well and good enough to play RB for us, if Kylin wants to continue being a selfish player in passing situations. That's an excuse, and as my high school football coach use to say, excuses are like buttholes, everyone has one (usually with more colorful words). It's embarrassing to watch games on TV and hear announcers during the game and halftime discuss how many plays per game we have players who just give half effort, if that. I know for a fact it was pointed out in both the Kansas State and Tennessee game. It's becoming extremely obvious to anyone out here that this team is on a steep decline, the Roman Republic wasn't built in a day, but it also was destroyed in a short time because of incompetent leadership. And as a someone who coaches, it's painfully obvious that we are seeing the program that was built over 10 years is falling apart extremely fast.

The bad part is I haven't even pointed out the struggles of the offense and how bad it has been, considering Moorhead is a supposedly Offensive savant. At the end of the day, I honestly just feel bad for you, because it's 1 of 2 things for you at this point.... either as others have stated you're somehow related to Moorhead or you're completely delusional. And either one of those is sad that you feel the need to continue to drivel on about how none of this is Moorhead's fault because at the end of the day as the head coach, this falls squarely upon his shoulders. I don't care what Mullen did or didn't do at this point, it has no bearing on the fact that this team is poorly coach, undisciplined, disorganized, and plays with extremely minimal effort. It's not even a matter of wins and losses at this point, in 19 games Moorhead has done nothing to earn any good will from my coaching eyes because he so far has embodied everything I disdain about certain coaches and that's complacency and the mentality of talking instead of doing. Show me don't tell me.

PMDawg
10-16-2019, 08:01 AM
And I can tell you now... as of 10/15/2019 .... Moorhead IS NOT on the hot seat.

Considering how WRONG you have been about EVERYTHING since June/July of this year, I'm going to take this as a pretty good sign that he IS, in fact, squarely on the hot seat.

StateDawg44
10-16-2019, 08:24 AM
Considering how WRONG you have been about EVERYTHING since June/July of this year, I'm going to take this as a pretty good sign that he IS, in fact, squarely on the hot seat.

Gotta be one of the hottest if not THE hottest this week.

TrapGame
10-16-2019, 08:31 AM
The sports media is not supporting Moorhead. His chair is flaming like a guy named Larry in West Hollywood. The ONLY way to put out the flames is going 6-6. He finishes 5-7 with a bad loss to om gets him canned.

Coach007
10-16-2019, 10:52 AM
You have a really odd obsession with pointing out Mullen's "fault's" or throwing complete blame to him to try and make Moorhead look better.

No, I have an obsession for truth. Like I stated, what we saw on Sat was totally unacceptable. That does not change the facts of the lows in recruiting that he does have to deal with. Prove that wrong.

Say what you will about Mullen's "fault's" and lack of effort some seasons, his teams never looked as disorganized, disinterested, and plain out undisciplined as this bunch.

Yes we did.

You can preach all day long about how it's not your job as a coach to coach effort from your players and he's a 100% right, I constantly talk about this with my players. But it's my job as the coach to make sure that a player who's not meeting my level of expectation with effort to not play and so far Moorhead has shown that he is full of hot air in regards to things he says and the things he does.

Really? He doesn't? Give me 5 examples?

Just to give an example, I know in one thread, you complained about the problem with the offense on passing plays has some to do with Kylin not blocking.... well guess what? That's on Moorhead, Nick Gibson and Lee Witherspoon are well and good enough to play RB for us, if Kylin wants to continue being a selfish player in passing situations.

That's not remotely true.

-Witherspoon is to be redshirted and can't block at this point in his 6 month career. So NO, you don't replace Hill with him. BTW.. Witherspoon was banged up too.

- Gibson has been injured Coach. He went down in game 2. Dear backed up Hill vs UK. Gibson came back for the Auburn game...

- Murphy.. Lost for the season.

it's painfully obvious that we are seeing the program that was built over 10 years is falling apart extremely fast.

Yeah... those years we had to win the last game or those years we had to win the last 2 just to make a bowl... He is TOTALLY destroying that. 4 out of the 9 he was here with 1 losing season. HIGH STANDARD!!!

Or maybe the 2012 season when the team seemed to quit. Started 7-0 and the team then went 1-5.

Coach007
10-16-2019, 10:53 AM
The sports media is not supporting Moorhead. His chair is flaming like a guy named Larry in West Hollywood. The ONLY way to put out the flames is going 6-6. He finishes 5-7 with a bad loss to om gets him canned.

No it won't

TrapGame
10-16-2019, 11:13 AM
No it won't

Joe is gone at 4-8. There is no way to defend that. 5-7 might get him next year but DWS will be a ghost town for home games. They will be giving tickets away.

timotheus
10-16-2019, 11:19 AM
Talk to the business folks in the city of starkville and get the pulse of what is happening. The house is ablaze and JoMo has no water. But he could eloquently describe how to call the firetruck but he can't find the phone number.......

Coach007
10-16-2019, 11:57 AM
Joe is gone at 4-8. There is no way to defend that. 5-7 might get him next year but DWS will be a ghost town for home games. They will be giving tickets away.

And I'm telling you I already know he isn't.

Anybody who really wants facts can find them. you don't you want blood for no apparent reason in 1.5 years of his tenure.

R2Dawg
10-16-2019, 12:05 PM

Anybody who really wants facts can find them. you don't you want blood for no apparent reason in 1.5 years of his tenure.

4-8 would be 2 years not 1.5 and actually more like 2.5 as he came in as coach in Dec. year prior. No Joe isn't going to be let go mid season but let 4-8 happen and it is up for grabs. Empty stands, do you remember the Croom years? Stands are more empty now even with winning teams. 6-6 and people will come early but will tank real quick with a bad showing.

TrapGame
10-16-2019, 12:09 PM

You know as much as the rest us. Not much.

But I'm telling you Joe WILL NOT survive 4-8 this season. Write it in blood. The groundwork is already being laid.

Coach007
10-16-2019, 12:26 PM
4-8 would be 2 years not 1.5 and actually more like 2.5 as he came in as coach in Dec. year prior. No Joe isn't going to be let go mid season but let 4-8 happen and it is up for grabs. Empty stands, do you remember the Croom years? Stands are more empty now even with winning teams. 6-6 and people will come early but will tank real quick with a bad showing.

He's not going to be let go at all, period... full stop. Not at the end of this year.

He may chose to leave, but I already know he is not going to be forced out.

Coach007
10-16-2019, 12:28 PM
You know as much as the rest us. Not much.

LOL... evidently not.

The groundwork is already being laid.

No... no it isn't. Moorhead will be our coach in 2020 unless he decides to move on.

Turfdawg67
10-16-2019, 12:45 PM
KT was not and never will be able to run this system.

Doesn't appear anyone here can run this system.

dantheman4248
10-16-2019, 12:51 PM
Georgia State won at UT. Our worst recruiting class the last 15 years is better than any they’ve ever had. Using recruiting woes to excuse that is absolutely ridiculous.

trojandawg
10-16-2019, 11:58 PM

That?s Interesting because I?ve only seen About 2 posters over and over on that are still on the Moorhead train firmly. Both I believe to involved with the football team or the athletic department. Everyone else I?ve talked to at work which is mostly MSU fans can?t stand Moorhead and all of them don?t think he can figure it out. I would believe you are actually the one in the minority now that is being very vocal.

dawgday166
10-17-2019, 03:11 AM

Read David Murray's article with Moorhead today. Same bogus obscure and twisted around stats by Moorhead to make it appear we're improving in passing and rushing. Still can't look in the mirror at himself and team and admit that it not only is not good but ... it's bad, very bad. He doesn't really know how to use that thumb or maybe "the thumb" is just one of his used car salesman lines.

Some more "Woe is me" about his 18 year old daughter crying and how fans don't just want results now but they want them right now. He's the same guy that just ain't tough himself, which means there is absolutely zero chance he can make the team tough.

So I've been thinking that there is no way he is fired at end of this year, and that is a bummer. I've been thinking that dammit, we're in for at least 1 more and probably 2 more years of this crap. How that for 2 years probably (and beyond possibly counting the rebuild) I just won't be able to stomach MSU football.

But ... there may be some optimism and perhaps a silver lining and ... it's YOU. You 007 give me some cause for optimism since you have been not only wrong, but so far out in left field wrong on everything you've posted on here this year, that your posts about Moorhead staying another year without a doubt ... maybe he will get fired at end of this year or maybe even sooner. You'd be batting 1000 on being left field wrong if that happens.

I sure hope you can maintain your batting average cause we headed for beyond Croom territory if he stays too much longer. Moorhead is one helluva a used car salesman and Cohen bought himself a lemon for sure. And while I'm not a "let's fire Cohen guy" yet, his damn obsession with obscure analytics ain't got much to do with how good, tough football teams are built.

timotheus
10-17-2019, 06:14 AM
preach it 166!

justwin
10-17-2019, 07:12 AM
I don?t see anybody that thinks it?s going to work. I see some people that feel sorry for him. Mainly because of his press conference but that?s a totally different emotion.

Sounds like I'm in the minority. Not trying to be emotional nor contrarian to you. I just want to see what MSU bought two years ago which is what does his offense look like when he finally has his QB? In today's football, it's all about the QB performance, regardless of level. I'm using these last six games to form my opinion on Joe. The reason why I'm still rooting for Joe is I think his Offense has a much higher ceiling than most. I think there are very, very few offensive coaches whose scheme and system can be the difference in double digit wins. I can see a situation that once Joe's O gets going with the right QBs (Shrader & Rogers), that every 3rd of 4th year is a big season (double digits). Just want to see what we purchased and I understand the patience required as MSU has never had this type of O, never. I keep going back to how he was the reason that Penn State won the Big 10 away from the Big 10 blue bloods & how Tommy sliced up first six quarters as that's never been seen by a MSU QB. At PSU, it happened quicker as he had McSorley who got comfortable to do it. McSorley's numbers under Joe vs without Joe were staggering. Yes, I understand Saquon was a part of that, but Joe has shown me that he knows how to recruit and feature a RB with the 2 coming in. So, I"m staying patient. Hopefully, this weekend vs LSU is a good step forward. I like the way he recruits, answers questions directly, can have a conversation with anyone, and comes from a blue collar background. But yeah, losing to TN was a tough one. Blast me

Really Clark?
10-17-2019, 07:32 AM
Sounds like I'm in the minority. Not trying to be emotional nor contrarian to you. I just want to see what MSU bought two years ago which is what does his offense look like when he finally has his QB? In today's football, it's all about the QB performance, regardless of level. I'm using these last six games to form my opinion on Joe. The reason why I'm still rooting for Joe is I think his Offense has a much higher ceiling than most. I think there are very, very few offensive coaches whose scheme and system can be the difference in double digit wins. I can see a situation that once Joe's O gets going with the right QBs (Shrader & Rogers), that every 3rd of 4th year is a big season (double digits). Just want to see what we purchased and I understand the patience required as MSU has never had this type of O, never. I keep going back to how he was the reason that Penn State won the Big 10 away from the Big 10 blue bloods & how Tommy sliced up first six quarters as that's never been seen by a MSU QB. At PSU, it happened quicker as he had McSorley who got comfortable to do it. McSorley's numbers under Joe vs without Joe were staggering. Yes, I understand Saquon was a part of that, but Joe has shown me that he knows how to recruit and feature a RB with the 2 coming in. So, I"m staying patient. Hopefully, this weekend vs LSU is a good step forward. I like the way he recruits, answers questions directly, can have a conversation with anyone, and comes from a blue collar background. But yeah, losing to TN was a tough one. Blast me

Im sorry but I’ve seen some others fawn over the ULL and USM games offensively and/or the QB. I can find 10 games of Dak’s more impressive and against better competition. And not just running the ball but in passing. The 2014 LSU and A & M games in back to back weeks for 8 quarters was more impressive. Many other games and QB performances were as good or better than ULL and USM vs weak opponents in our history. I have a hard time understanding those of you who pump up ULL and USM this year as the best you have ever seen against weak opponents and we scored less than 40 points? You are seeing want you want to against weak teams and we have many better games from QB’s we can look at.

And since when did Penn St drop out of blue blood status?

msugolf
10-17-2019, 08:08 AM

How many damn usernames do you have 007?

Reading that shit made my brain hurt.

BrunswickDawg
10-17-2019, 08:20 AM
Im sorry but I’ve seen some others fawn over the ULL and USM games offensively and/or the QB. I can find 10 games of Dak’s more impressive and against better competition. And not just running the ball but in passing. The 2014 LSU and A & M games in back to back weeks for 8 quarters was more impressive. Many other games and QB performances were as good or better than ULL and USM vs weak opponents in our history. I have a hard time understanding those of you who pump up ULL and USM this year as the best you have ever seen against weak opponents and we scored less than 40 points? You are seeing want you want to against weak teams and we have many better games from QB’s we can look at.

And since when did Penn St drop out of blue blood status?

Tommy for 6 Qrts vs. ULL/USM - 29 of 40 for 361, 4 TDs, 37 rushing

Fitz vs Arkansas 2016 - 23 of 33 for 328, 2 TDs plus 131 Rushing and 4 TDs
That 4 quarters by itself is just as good - if not better - even though it was a loss against a 7-4 team.

Todd4State
10-17-2019, 08:29 AM

I’m not going to blast you. I don’t think the problem is his scheme itself and people that think it won’t work because MSU players can’t “comprehend” it are off.

The problem is we aren’t disciplined enough to run it and we aren’t disciplined on either side of the ball. That’s a coaching issue and why Joe ultimately won’t work here.

Really Clark?
10-17-2019, 08:33 AM
Tommy for 6 Qrts vs. ULL/USM - 29 of 40 for 361, 4 TDs, 37 rushing

Fitz vs Arkansas 2016 - 23 of 33 for 328, 2 TDs plus 131 Rushing and 4 TDs
That 4 quarters by itself is just as good - if not better - even though it was a loss against a 7-4 team.

I agree. Honestly, I don’t buy the sincerity of those few who have made that statement about those 6 quarters vs ULL and USM...how that was some advanced high level play we have never seen. Not saying he didn’t play well, he did, but against those teams...we have a bunch of games more impressive from the QB position

dantheman4248
10-17-2019, 08:46 AM
If you didn’t watch and just looked at stats then Stevens first 6 quarters looked meh. Watching it with a football eye you can tell it’s something that really hasn’t been seen at MSU before. A passing scheme that works. The kid then got injured and hasn’t been the same since.

I’m of the opinion as well that Moorhead’s scheme will work. It’s the blueprint to beating the upper echelon. HOWEVER. He has made it evident that he is not the one who needs to captain the ship. He’s a great OC and needs to stick to that role. As a matter of fact, I’d believe this team would be 5-1 at worst, maybe 6-0 if you put Moorhead at OC and Shoop as HC/DC.

msstate7
10-17-2019, 08:53 AM
If you didn’t watch and just looked at stats then Stevens first 6 quarters looked meh. Watching it with a football eye you can tell it’s something that really hasn’t been seen at MSU before. A passing scheme that works. The kid then got injured and hasn’t been the same since.

I’m of the opinion as well that Moorhead’s scheme will work. It’s the blueprint to beating the upper echelon. HOWEVER. He has made it evident that he is not the one who needs to captain the ship. He’s a great OC and needs to stick to that role. As a matter of fact, I’d believe this team would be 5-1 at worst, maybe 6-0 if you put Moorhead at OC and Shoop as HC/DC.

Think the level of competition could have something to do with the drop? The first team that actually put pressure on Stevens wilted him like a flower

Dawg-gone-dawgs
10-17-2019, 08:59 AM
https://247sports.com/college/mississippi-state/board/59413/Contents/cjm-to-rutgersrumor-says-its-a-done-deal-137028995/

You don't say!!https://i.postimg.cc/9Mwd0MDv/Screen-Shot-2019-10-17-at-8-57-09-AM.png

Really Clark?
10-17-2019, 09:00 AM

You think we didn’t watch? Don’t know what to look for? Bull. I know exactly what the execution was vs ULL and USM. And the poster was talking about how Stevens...not the scheme...sliced up 2 weak teams. That is about the player and his play on the field. We have seen better from the QB position. Much better when adding tougher competition. Stevens played well but less than 40 points in those 2 games was not showing me something execution and production wise we have never seen. Your enamored by scheme...that’s irrelevant to actual execution and production. Scheme all you want but the team that executes better wins.

I guess as far as technical scheme stand point Moorehead is different in the passing game and system. But we have run a lot of the same routes and concepts under Mullen. It was not all brand new in that sense. The system, how to attack, more verticals, all the option routes, etc. yes it’s all new but we have run flood concepts in the past, verticals, etc. What I mean is there are still overlapping play concepts with most teams because they just work. My goodness how much is still based off of west coast tree and concepts? A ton

TrapGame
10-17-2019, 09:01 AM

I think that's the main problem with Joe. We didn't hire an OC we hired a HC. Joe has to be HC first and foremost and OC second. That means he needs a guy under him that can run the offense the way Joe envisions it while he is dealing with overall management of the team as a whole. Joe is not paying attention to other aspects of the team b/c he is so engrossed with making this offense work come hell or high water.

BrunswickDawg
10-17-2019, 09:21 AM

People said the same thing about the Croom Coast Offense. Remember, the West Coast Offense was the flavor of the month in the late 90s and early 00s. And we were getting from the cream of the crop GREEN BAY PACKERS WCO!!! 3 yards and a cloud of dust was finally behind us and we had an attack that could win football games. 3 other CFB teams installed WCO in 2004 when we did - Auburn went 13-0 in the first year, and 42-9 running it from 04-07; UCLA went 6-6 and then 10-2 before switching; Nebraska went 5-6 then 8-4, but Callahan was a mediocre 27-22 over his 4 years and got canned. Meanwhile Croom Coast went 21-38.

Sometimes its not the scheme - it's the coach and his abilities to translate that scheme to the players, and figure out what within that scheme they can actually run. That is where Joe and Sly fail the test.

SheltonChoked
10-17-2019, 09:46 AM

This.

The plays are there. Watch Matt Wyatt's film breakdown. Stevens, Fitz, and to an extent Schrader, still have the game moving too fast for them. Fitz and schrader counter this with the 17 it, i'll do it myself and make a play attitude. Stevens seems to want to stay in the system and is too late.

It took McSorley 6 games to "figure it out" at Penn state Joe's first year. Schrader has played in 3 1/2. I expected Stevens to not have that learning curve. His injuries have changed how he plays.

Really Clark?
10-17-2019, 09:56 AM
This.

The plays are there. Watch Matt Wyatt's film breakdown. Stevens, Fitz, and to an extent Schrader, still have the game moving too fast for them. Fitz and schrader counter this with the 17 it, i'll do it myself and make a play attitude. Stevens seems to want to stay in the system and is too late.

It took McSorley 6 games to "figure it out" at Penn state Joe's first year. Schrader has played in 3 1/2. I expected Stevens to not have that learning curve. His injuries have changed how he plays.

Did you watch all the breakdowns from every position group he was pointing out? It wasn’t just a QB problem. Bad effort, bad reads still, just flat getting beat by your man...yeah there are plays opening up but the execution is bad. Teams are better off running 5 plays they can actually execute than having a few plays where guys are open but complete execution failure prevents it from happening.

dantheman4248
10-17-2019, 09:57 AM
Think the level of competition could have something to do with the drop? The first team that actually put pressure on Stevens wilted him like a flower

Apparently his shoulder is still messed up from USM so we don’t know. I don’t think UTK is tougher competition than ULaLa. Auburn looked more on Moorhead for having a team come out flat as can be and playing an injured QB a talent level disparity. Again the things and concepts we were seeing have not been present at MSU before. QBs have played better, but that’s the highest ceiling passing we’ve seen here.

So if you think it’s not and that’s it’s talent and Stevens being scared then why would you want Moorhead fired since he’s not the cause for whatever talent gap and it’s not fair to him to have to predict if a kid is just gonna wilt?

timotheus
10-17-2019, 10:04 AM
Because the team looks about as prepared and motivated as a 7th grade team?

Really Clark?
10-17-2019, 10:04 AM
Apparently his shoulder is still messed up from USM so we don’t know. I don’t think UTK is tougher competition than ULaLa. Auburn looked more on Moorhead for having a team come out flat as can be and playing an injured QB a talent level disparity. Again the things and concepts we were seeing have not been present at MSU before. QBs have played better, but that’s the highest ceiling passing we’ve seen here.

So if you think it’s not and that’s it’s talent and Stevens being scared then why would you want Moorhead fired since he’s not the cause for whatever talent gap and it’s not fair to him to have to predict if a kid is just gonna wilt?

I’m sorry but Dak was by far the higher ceiling throwing than Stevens. Maybe without the injury and he found comfort during the year, Stevens would have got to that level. But there is nothing that he did vs ULL and USM that was close to better than Dak. That is just not true. Now are you are still blending a scheme that you like better with a more attacking passing game and saying that the QB play is better? That I believe is what you are doing. But the actual QB play and more advanced passing, Stevens is not the highest ceiling we have seen. Especially vs 2 weak teams

Coach007
10-17-2019, 10:07 AM
How many damn usernames do you have 007?

Reading that shit made my brain hurt.

This board is in the minority on this. Nobody wants him fired, and everyone hated what we fielded this past saturday. the majority sees the potential and his ability to recruit. He has to have his players in place and he is showing improvements.... except for saturday..... But it's year 1.5 and not 8 and losing to South Alabama who recruits at 100th nationally on our field.

ScottH
10-17-2019, 10:10 AM
Because the team looks about as prepared and motivated as a 7th grade team?

You have insulted 7th grade teams everywhere.

msstate7
This board is in the minority on this. Nobody wants him fired, and everyone hated what we fielded this past saturday. the majority sees the potential and his ability to recruit. He has to have his players in place and he is showing improvements.... except for saturday..... But it's year 1.5 and not 8 and losing to South Alabama who recruits at 100th nationally on our field.

If this board is such a small minority, why was joe crying in the presser? He's feeling the pressure big time, and he should

Coach007
I’m sorry but Dak was by far the higher ceiling throwing than Stevens. Maybe without the injury and he found comfort during the year, Stevens would have got to that level. But there is nothing that he did vs ULL and USM that was close to better than Dak. That is just not true. Now are you are still blending a scheme that you like better with a more attacking passing game and saying that the QB play is better? That I believe is what you are doing. But the actual QB play and more advanced passing, Stevens is not the highest ceiling we have seen. Especially vs 2 weak teams

Can you show me where Dak threw for 90%? Factually speaking, it doesn't matter. It's not like we have to put down a kid to raise another one up. That's childish. Before Stevens was injured, he was completing passes at the highest percentage since Dak.

No need in tearing the kid down because he got injured.

Coach007
10-17-2019, 10:13 AM
If this board is such a small minority, why was joe crying in the presser? He's feeling the pressure big time, and he should

He wasn't crying. He was stating facts on what happened and did so in a polite manner. And if you wouldn't have the balls to do the same defending your daughter then shame on you. A couple of people at a game does not represent the whole of the fan base.

Moorhead isn't going anywhere. In fact, he is creating room to take other recruits.

The 10ish people here being the vocal majority is not the whole of our fan base.

msstate7
10-17-2019, 10:19 AM
Stevens was 244.20 passer rating vs usm.

Fitz broke 200 once vs an Sec team, and he broke 300 2 times vs OOC

Dak broke 200 once vs an sec team, and he broke 200 3 times vs OOC with one over 300. I threw out freshman dak games where he threw only a few passes a game

TrapGame
10-17-2019, 10:21 AM
He wasn't crying. He was stating facts on what happened and did so in a polite manner. And if you wouldn't have the balls to do the same defending your daughter then shame on you. A couple of people at a game does not represent the whole of the fan base.

Moorhead isn't going anywhere. In fact, he is creating room to take other recruits.

The 10ish people here being the vocal majority is not the whole of our fan base.

You need to get out more. If Joe is here next season after finishing 5-7/4-8 there are going to be more than "10ish people" not showing up for home games. It will be Croom level attendance.

Coach007
10-17-2019, 10:28 AM
Stevens was 244.20 passer rating vs usm.

Fitz broke 200 once vs an Sec team, and he broke 300 2 times vs OOC

Dak broke 200 once vs an sec team, and he broke 200 3 times vs OOC with one over 300. I threw out freshman dak games where he threw only a few passes a game

Stevens was injured. We will never no what he could have done. To tear him down to suit your anger is childish. It's pointless.

Really Clark?
10-17-2019, 10:32 AM
Can you show me where Dak threw for 90%? Factually speaking, it doesn't matter. It's not like we have to put down a kid to raise another one up. That's childish. Before Stevens was injured, he was completing passes at the highest percentage since Dak.

No need in tearing the kid down because he got injured.

I?m not tearing him down. I?ve said multiple times he did well. Hate that he was injured. But against ULL and USM...Dak multiple games better and against better competition. And you are taking one half vs USM. Hate that he was injured but that is consider just a streak. To answer your question against a crap team Dak went 10-11 227 yards and 2 TD 324.25 Rating vs Northwestern St. he only played for a half. That is a little better percentage and a lot more yards

msstate7
10-17-2019, 10:32 AM
Stevens was injured. We will never no what he could have done. To tear him down to suit your anger is childish. It's pointless.

Putting him on the level of our best ever bc of 1 game is "childish" intellect

Coach007
10-17-2019, 10:39 AM
You need to get out more. If Joe is here next season after finishing 5-7/4-8 there are going to be more than "10ish people" not showing up for home games. It will be Croom level attendance.

Like the 13K people that didn't showed up to some games under Mullen? Those that don't go, does not mean they didn't purchase season tickets. Those that don't purchase season tickets give up their seats... that's not happening.

The SEC money far out weighs any small amount of losses in ticket sales.

And again, most people don't see this as "croom" level anything. Most people are rational.

- rebuilding after graduating a ton off the defense and left a whole in leadership. Same as when Dak left.

- Recruiting Gaps left by Mullen. Those same gaps we have experienced every 2 to 3 years under Mullen that was set into motion in 2009 due to holes in the roster.

- better WR play, while not ideal, it is better. Couple that with an all out effort to increase the weakness of Mullen who did not require good talent at that position as evident by the lack of NFL produced talent from MS ST at the WR positions.

- Went out and got his QBs and is still reaching out BEYOND the territory we recruit with success. He was not afraid to go after the major "stars" leaving other programs. Something Mullen never even attempted and conceded he would never get to Starkville. At least MOORHEAD believes in OUR university and town and doesn't see it as something he can't over come.

I could go on, but there is no point.

Moorhead will be here.... So you can pitch your fit, run him, the team, and refuse to go until you get your way. In the end, you will have missed out and accomplished nothing.

BrunswickDawg
10-17-2019, 10:41 AM

He's not tearing down Stevens. What people are pointing out is that his performance was strong, but it's not some miraculous re-invention of football. He wasn't doing things that other MSU QB's haven't on small scale level (such as 1 game or 6 quarters).
And, it is unlikely that he would have continued at a 9 of 10 type pace every game. Hell, I'm sure even Mike Henig went 9 or 10 at some point in his career. It was good. It was fun to watch. It made some of us hopeful for the future, but in the end it wasn't indicative of much.

Coach007
10-17-2019, 10:42 AM
Putting him on the level of our best ever bc of 1 game is "childish" intellect

I didn't see where he did. I saw where he stated that he was doing well until injury. Nothing wrong with that and even if he had stated he was as good, there is no need in tearing a player down. What did it accomplish? You feel better. Did it put hair on your balls?

Coach007
10-17-2019, 10:45 AM
He's not tearing down Stevens. What people are pointing out is that his performance was strong, but it's not some miraculous re-invention of football. He wasn't doing things that other MSU QB's haven't on small scale level (such as 1 game or 6 quarters).
And, it is unlikely that he would have continued at a 9 of 10 type pace every game. Hell, I'm sure even Mike Henig went 9 or 10 at some point in his career. It was good. It was fun to watch. It made some of us hopeful for the future, but in the end it wasn't indicative of much.

Oh yeah. He and several others have done nothing but tear the kid down since he was injured. And it's childish. He came here to play, did a great job until injury. There is ZERO cause to attack the kid with the names that have been used and diminish what he was doing. None. If anything, we should be looking at what that offense can do with a QB that knows it. Instead, he's called names and put down.

It's childish.

Really Clark?
10-17-2019, 10:46 AM
Like the 13K people that showed up to some games under Mullen? Those that don't go, does not mean they didn't purchase season tickets. Those that don't purchase season tickets give up their seats... that's not happening.

And again, most people don't see this as "croom" level anything. Most people are rational.

- rebuilding after graduating a ton off the defense and left a whole in leadership. Same as when Dak left.

- Recruiting Gaps left by Mullen. Those same gaps we have experienced every 2 to 3 years under Mullen that was set into motion in 2009 due to holes in the roster.

- better WR play, while not ideal, it is better. Couple that with an all out effort to increase the weakness of Mullen who did not require good talent at that position as evident by the lack of NFL produced talent from MS ST at the WR positions.

- Went out and got his QBs and is still reaching out BEYOND the territory we recruit with success. He was not afraid to go after the major "stars" leaving other programs. Something Mullen never even attempted and conceded he would never get to Starkville. At least MOORHEAD believes in OUR university and town and doesn't see it as something he can't over come.

Moorhead will be here.... So you can pitch your fit, run him, the team, and refuse to go until you get your way. In the end, you will have missed out and accomplished nothing.

13K actual attendance? Never happened. Another falsehood you keep pushing out there

Coach007
10-17-2019, 10:50 AM
13K actual attendance? Never happened. Another falsehood you keep pushing out there

Was a typo and corrected that.

I don't put out falsehoods. I stuck with my team this year, will never apologize for that. If you are refering to a South Alabama team beating us at home being worse than a road lose to an SEC team. Yep! It is. That in noway excuses the UT loss, but in every category, losing to a program in it's 7th year that recruits at 100th level nationally at home in a coach's 8 year IS WAY worse than losing a road game in year 1.5 to a team that has players from the #7, #4, #14, #17 and #21 nationally ranked classes.

Really Clark?
10-17-2019, 10:51 AM
I didn't see where he did. I saw where he stated that he was doing well until injury. Nothing wrong with that and even if he had stated he was as good, there is no need in tearing a player down. What did it accomplish? You feel better. Did it put hair on your balls?

Well re-read his post. He specifically stated that Stevens was at the highest ceiling we have ever seen from the QB position. Disputing that, because it is not true, is not tearing down how well Stevens did for a game and a half against weak teams. It was disputing that hyperbole with others doing as well or better many times vs stronger teams. Especially with Dak in recent memory. If you want to play that card, is that not what y’all are doing trying to diminish Dak's accomplishments and higher ceiling he actually executed for multiple seasons?

Coach007
10-17-2019, 11:01 AM
Well re-read his post. He specifically stated that Stevens was at the highest ceiling we have ever seen from the QB position.

That's not saying that is IS better. It's stating he had a higher ceiling. 2 very different things. Shrader has a higher ceiling than Dak too. Doesn't mean he is better. I have many times taken lesser talent and helped them because they worked harder. I have seen super talented kids be lazy and fail.

Disputing that, because it is not true, is not tearing down how well Stevens did for a game and a half against weak teams.

No, that coupled with the names used for the kid is though.

If you want to play that card, is that not what y’all are doing trying to diminish Dak's accomplishments and higher ceiling he actually executed for multiple seasons?

Nobody is calling Dak names because of injury. So no, it's 2 different things. Dak did something that no other QB at MS St has done. He was and is great. I don't see anybody stating via labeling him. The cards you are wanting to play is 2 different games and not comparable.

TrapGame
10-17-2019, 11:10 AM
Like the 13K people that didn't showed up to some games under Mullen? Those that don't go, does not mean they didn't purchase season tickets. Those that don't purchase season tickets give up their seats... that's not happening.

It's not Croom level...yet.

Starkville businesses are about to get reamed by Moorhead if he finishes below 6-6. That lose of revenue is gonna hurt.

6-6 and a bowl game with Shrader gives us hope. I'll be interested in seeing next season play out if that's the case.

But I still think Moorhead's in over his head.

Really Clark?
10-17-2019, 11:11 AM
That's not saying that is IS better. It's stating he had a higher ceiling. 2 very different things. Shrader has a higher ceiling than Dak too. Doesn't mean he is better. I have many times taken lesser talent and helped them because they worked harder. I have seen super talented kids be lazy and fail.

No, that coupled with the names used for the kid is though.

Nobody is calling Dak names because of injury. So no, it's 2 different things. Dak did something that no other QB at MS St has done. He was and is great. I don't see anybody stating via labeling him. The cards you are wanting to play is 2 different games and not comparable.

What names did I use? None! You specifically replied to me and stated I was tearing down Stevens. Never did but yet you falsely accused me as such. So if what I was stating was tearing down Stevens then trying to say he was doing things as QB, in those limited games vs ULL and USM, that we have never seen, it is falsely implying that Dak was not as good. No reasonable person can take that stance when the performance against much stronger competition was better and more consistent. But the original poster I replied to specifically thought that Stevens was playing a higher ceiling, not potentially, but already playing as a QB than we have ever seen. Not true

Really Clark?
10-17-2019, 11:19 AM
Was a typo and corrected that.

I don't put out falsehoods. I stuck with my team this year, will never apologize for that. If you are refering to a South Alabama team beating us at home being worse than a road lose to an SEC team. Yep! It is. That in noway excuses the UT loss, but in every category, losing to a program in it's 7th year that recruits at 100th level nationally at home in a coach's 8 year IS WAY worse than losing a road game in year 1.5 to a team that has players from the #7, #4, #14, #17 and #21 nationally ranked classes.

We beat that to death yesterday and is irrelevant to attendance figures. There is no way to prove that he had games were 13K did not attend but our attendance is down and will get worse. It is down all over so that is an issue for a lot of teams but we only have what we can deal with today. We will see attendance drop to below any during Mullen’s time. And I sat through all of Crooms failures as well.

Coach007
10-17-2019, 11:20 AM
It's not Croom level...yet.

Starkville businesses are about to get reamed by Moorhead if he finishes below 6-6. That lose of revenue is gonna hurt.

6-6 and a bowl game with Shrader gives us hope. I'll be interested in seeing next season play out if that's the case.

But I still think Moorhead's in over his head.

Moorhead's job is secure this year. And there is nothing left to say about. Either go support and be loud. OR stay home and throw your temper tantrum.

TrapGame
10-17-2019, 11:22 AM
We beat that to death yesterday and is irrelevant to attendance figures. There is no way to prove that he had games were 13K did not attend but our attendance is down and will get worse. It is down all over so that is an issue for a lot of teams but we only have what we can deal with today. We will see attendance drop to below any during Mullen’s time. And I sat through all of Crooms failures as well.

If Joe screws the pooch this year (4-8/5-7) and returns next year that 13k will be a drop in the bucket. Some of those home games will be ghost towns.

dawgday166
10-17-2019, 11:23 AM
Moorhead's job is secure this year. And there is nothing left to say about. Either go support and be loud. OR stay home and throw your temper tantrum.

Dammit man! We need you to say he good for next year too and beyond that is even better. That improves the probability that he'll be gone soon.

Homedawg
10-17-2019, 11:24 AM
Dammit man! We need you to say he good for next year too and beyond that is even better. That improves the probability that he'll be gone soon.

he's already said he's good for next year no matter what happens.

dawgday166
10-17-2019, 11:26 AM
he's already said he's good for next year no matter what happens.

Whewww! 'Sigh of relief' Ok.

Coach007
10-17-2019, 11:30 AM
What names did I use? None! You specifically replied to me and stated I was tearing down Stevens. Never did but yet you falsely accused me as such. So if what I was stating was tearing down Stevens then trying to say he was doing things as QB, in those limited games vs ULL and USM, that we have never seen, it is falsely implying that Dak was not as good. No reasonable person can take that stance when the performance against much stronger competition was better and more consistent. But the original poster I replied to specifically thought that Stevens was playing a higher ceiling, not potentially, but already playing as a QB than we have ever seen. Not true

No.. I never stated you. I stated "We" don't have to put a kid down while stating "No need in tearing the kid down because he got injured." I assumed since you did not mention an injury nor had called or labeled him that you would understand the context. I wastalking based on the direction of the conversation with others chiming in who have been calling him names due to injury.

In other words "Yeah, well Clark... we will never know, and that's no reason for people to tear the kid down by labeling him or calling him names". So No.. I never stated YOU. I stated "WE" as in the conversation and the people that have.

Like I said..

Clark, it's simply childish for people to tear a kid down that chose Ms St and gave it his all and did extremely well until injury. To use that to bash a coach they want gone is childish.

Is that clearer?

Coach007
10-17-2019, 11:31 AM

I have already stated that he will be here unless HE chooses to leave.

TrapGame
10-17-2019, 11:32 AM

LOL! 4-8 and he's gone. 5-7 with a win over om and he's here next year. 5-7 with an ass kicking by om and it will get interesting in Cohen's office.

Let me even be more specific: 4-8 with beat downs by Arkansas, A&M and ole miss. He. Is. Gone.

But...

6-6 w/ Shrader. Bowl game that we win. That's GREAT. He's showing me he can turn this around.

TrapGame
10-17-2019, 11:35 AM
I have already stated that he will be here unless HE chooses to leave.

Damn, that sounds like we are being held hostage. I guess I need to hope for Stockholm Syndrome.

Really Clark?
10-17-2019, 11:38 AM
No.. I never stated you. I stated "We" don't have to put a kid down while stating "No need in tearing the kid down because he got injured." I assumed since you did not mention an injury nor had called or labeled him that you would understand the context. I wastalking based on the direction of the conversation with others chiming in who have been calling him names due to injury.

In other words "Yeah, well Clark... we will never know, and that's no reason for people to tear the kid down by labeling him or calling him names". So No.. I never stated YOU. I stated "WE" as in the conversation and the people that have.

Like I said..

Clark, it's simply childish for people to tear a kid down that chose Ms St and gave it his all and did extremely well until injury. To use that to bash a coach they want gone is childish.

Is that clearer?

Ok for clarity purposes, please highlight the statements made in this thread where anyone put down, tore down, clowned on anything about Stevens. The only thing posted was disputing the level that a poster or two thought he was at already as a passer and how it was nothing we have ever seen from the QB position. That’s it. Nobody tore him down. I know Brunswick and I both said he was playing well just not Dak high level or even with a small sample size Fitz level over short burst.

R2Dawg
10-17-2019, 11:46 AM
He's not going to be let go at all, period... full stop. Not at the end of this year.

He may chose to leave, but I already know he is not going to be forced out.

Not trying to be smart, but how do you know? Do you work for Cohen? Are you best friends or related to Cohen or Keenum?

To be honest, none of us knows anything. We all think what will happen.

TrapGame
10-17-2019, 11:53 AM
Not trying to be smart, but how do you know? Do you work for Cohen? Are you best friends or related to Cohen or Keenum?

To be honest, none of us knows anything. We all think what will happen.

Notice how he has emphasized he may choose to leave in several posts?

IMO, that's what's going on behind the scenes. He's trying to get out.

FWIW, a FB poster on a Bulldog page posted yesterday he has a friend in the athletic dept. who told him Joe to Rutgers is a done deal.

Coach007
10-17-2019, 11:58 AM

FWIW, a FB poster on a Bulldog page posted yesterday he has a friend in the athletic dept. who told him Joe to Rutgers is a done deal.

Sweet Jesus. LMAO! NO!

Todd4State
10-17-2019, 01:11 PM

I hope it’s true.

timotheus
10-17-2019, 01:22 PM
So to be clear on what cohen, i mean coach 007 is telling is that Joe is building something this season which will end in a 4-8 record. Next season, we should also wait even though from looking at the schedule and based on Joes' motivational skills the record should yield from 2-4 wins. Then comes year 4 where all will be on the straight and narrow and Joe will have ALL his players. I write all this fully remembering that 007 previously stated that year 3 for Joe would be the turn around year. This may fully be Cohen's plan but I just hope he's okay being isolated in the cellar behind the hogs and the sharks.

TrapGame
10-17-2019, 01:35 PM
I hope it’s true.

007 has been wrong on everything else so far but "take this to the bank". Yeah, okay.

So to be clear on what cohen, i mean coach 007 is telling is that Joe is building something this season which will end in a 4-8 record. Next season, we should also wait even though from looking at the schedule and based on Joes' motivational skills the record should yield from 2-4 wins. Then comes year 4 where all will be on the straight and narrow and Joe will have ALL his players. I write all this fully remembering that 007 previously stated that year 3 for Joe would be the turn around year. This may fully be Cohen's plan but I just hope he's okay being isolated in the cellar behind the hogs and the sharks.

If Joe comes back after a 4-8 season it will be abysmal attendance. If he loses to Tulane he should be immediately fired. Year 3 and we still can't beat all of our OOC opponents? Can't do that in the SEC. Not when you play AU, LSU and Bama every year.

dawgday166
10-17-2019, 01:45 PM

So the original plan was:

This year Joe has his QB. He's completing at higher percentage against ULL & USM than any MSU QB ever. We got a LOT of talent coming back so with Tommy, this offense should take off. You really saw that during ULL & USM games. Can you believe how good it looked then? There is no team we can't compete with including LSU & Bama. LSU Defense after Texas game is really not that good. Everyone other than AU leading up to LSU game was an absolute sure win, and we are much better than AU. 11-1 is very possible.

Now I would discuss all the excuses since then but that is sorta like ... infinity.

So ... having recapped the previous plan ... I believe you have recapped the revised plan from here on out. Plans do change you know. I can't wait to here the revised plan after year 4 takes infinite detours also.

timotheus
10-17-2019, 01:49 PM
dam dawgday166, that rich right there

SheltonChoked
10-17-2019, 04:20 PM
Did you watch all the breakdowns from every position group he was pointing out? It wasn?t just a QB problem. Bad effort, bad reads still, just flat getting beat by your man...yeah there are plays opening up but the execution is bad. Teams are better off running 5 plays they can actually execute than having a few plays where guys are open but complete execution failure prevents it from happening.

Yes. I saw that also. And not being prepared for the UT game is not acceptable. IMO, it's his fisrt bad loss. KSU with a true freshman QB (that was not ready to play yet, you could see Shrader thinking in the game). Stevens was obviously too hurt. I think Mayden is one of the 10 and KT is never playing.

for UT: The INT due to Zuber not running his route. The completely missed blocking assignment by Hill that gave up a sack. The poor positioning of the DL and LB on 2 big plays by UT. The poor angle by the safety on the final touchdown. We have issues. But Stevens puts his foot in the ground and throws the ball on 2 plays, instead of pausing for a beat, changes the game. Just like vs UF last year. Osisus catches that ball and we win. Guidry doesn't hand an interception to Iowa and we win.

Zuber not running his route is not due to the play being too complex. He had a go route.

IMO Joe needs someone to call plays, or to be the in game head coach. He cannot do both.

But I don't see an offense that is too complex or that will not work at MSU. I see a QB's where the game is moving too fast. Just like at PSU. again. It took McSorley 6 games...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2016_Penn_State_Nittany_Lions_football_team

That said, Joe is in a spot where he has to win one we don't think he can and that's tall hill...

CoachT14
10-18-2019, 07:07 AM
No, I have an obsession for truth. Like I stated, what we saw on Sat was totally unacceptable. That does not change the facts of the lows in recruiting that he does have to deal with. Prove that wrong.

Man, there is an entirely difference between truth and some of the drivel that you post here. These supposed lows you keep using as excuses, are exactly that, meaningless excuses that no one cares about. It'd be one thing if Moorhead were actually keeping players in line and we played with "precision, discipline, " and what ever other adjective he attempts to describe our effort, or lack thereof. I can overlook talent issues, but the product that I have seen on the field for the past 1.5 years with no heart, effort, discipline, interest, or anything of the sort is pathetic and not something to be overlooked.

Yes we did.

No we didn't, not even the 6-7, 2016 team looked this bad over a period of games minus the USA game. But keep using your lame revisionist history.

Really? He doesn't? Give me 5 examples?

5 examples of what? Our lack of discipline as a team?

1. Kylin still being allowed to pass protect and complete whiffing his block pretty much on purpose.
2. Zuber half running a route that ends up being the Stevens INT.
3. OL not finishing blocks all day long, all year long.
4. Errol Thompson giving up on at least two plays that he could've made to prevent big plays on a Tennessee scoring drive with around 5-6 minutes in the 1st quarter.
5. Guidry taking plays off with less than 2 minutes in the Kansas State game.

Shall I continue?

That's not remotely true.

-Witherspoon is to be redshirted and can't block at this point in his 6 month career. So NO, you don't replace Hill with him. BTW.. Witherspoon was banged up too.

- Gibson has been injured Coach. He went down in game 2. Dear backed up Hill vs UK. Gibson came back for the Auburn game...

- Murphy.. Lost for the season.

Never said Witherspoon should replace him, I said you have two capable RB's that you can plug in since Hill is too big a prima donna. They aren't going to entirely replace him, but has Hill really been a difference maker that is vital to our amazing 3-3 record that is currently sliding in the wrong direction? Not really.

Yeah... those years we had to win the last game or those years we had to win the last 2 just to make a bowl... He is TOTALLY destroying that. 4 out of the 9 he was here with 1 losing season. HIGH STANDARD!!!

Or maybe the 2012 season when the team seemed to quit. Started 7-0 and the team then went 1-5.

Well considering we are about to slip back into the exact opposite of what we had with Mullen, I'll have to disagree. Let's stop with your awful revisionist history, it's not even good.

What's bad is, I was a huge Mullen detractor, I wanted him fired after the '16 season, but I would take that '16 season back in a heart beat compared to the crap I see on the field today. Our streak of 9 straight bowl games is ending this year unless, Arky and UM somehow collapse because at this moment they are going to beat the breaks off of us. We are in for a dog fight against Abilene. Your boy Joe is about to destroy everything Mullen built and despite the fact you want to revise his history.... What he did is better than any other coach has ever done sans maybe Emory/Jackie. But I'm done, no reason to keep responding to your delusion after this because no one changes the mind of an outright crazy person.

timotheus
10-18-2019, 07:24 AM
Coffee and a side of some CoachT14, what a way to start the day. Thank you for explaining the true reality of this situation.

Coursesuper
10-18-2019, 07:34 AM
Man, there is an entirely difference between truth and some of the drivel that you post here. These supposed lows you keep using as excuses, are exactly that, meaningless excuses that no one cares about. It'd be one thing if Moorhead were actually keeping players in line and we played with "precision, discipline, " and what ever other adjective he attempts to describe our effort, or lack thereof. I can overlook talent issues, but the product that I have seen on the field for the past 1.5 years with no heart, effort, discipline, interest, or anything of the sort is pathetic and not something to be overlooked.

No we didn't, not even the 6-7, 2016 team looked this bad over a period of games minus the USA game. But keep using your lame revisionist history.

5 examples of what? Our lack of discipline as a team?

1. Kylin still being allowed to pass protect and complete whiffing his block pretty much on purpose.
2. Zuber half running a route that ends up being the Stevens INT.
3. OL not finishing blocks all day long, all year long.
4. Errol Thompson giving up on at least two plays that he could've made to prevent big plays on a Tennessee scoring drive with around 5-6 minutes in the 1st quarter.
5. Guidry taking plays off with less than 2 minutes in the Kansas State game.

Shall I continue?

Never said Witherspoon should replace him, I said you have two capable RB's that you can plug in since Hill is too big a prima donna. They aren't going to entirely replace him, but has Hill really been a difference maker that is vital to our amazing 3-3 record that is currently sliding in the wrong direction? Not really.

Well considering we are about to slip back into the exact opposite of what we had with Mullen, I'll have to disagree. Let's stop with your awful revisionist history, it's not even good.

What's bad is, I was a huge Mullen detractor, I wanted him fired after the '16 season, but I would take that '16 season back in a heart beat compared to the crap I see on the field today. Our streak of 9 straight bowl games is ending this year unless, Arky and UM somehow collapse because at this moment they are going to beat the breaks off of us. We are in for a dog fight against Abilene. Your boy Joe is about to destroy everything Mullen built and despite the fact you want to revise his history.... What he did is better than any other coach has ever done sans maybe Emory/Jackie. But I'm done, no reason to keep responding to your delusion after this because no one changes the mind of an outright crazy person.

Outstanding post Coach.

StateDawg44
10-18-2019, 07:46 AM
I keep seeing the Zuber interception mentioned.

He may have run the wrong route but he was also double covered and both backs were right on his heels.

It is what it is, and he probably did bust the play and throw Shrader off. But it still should've never even been thrown in his vicinity.

Really Clark?
10-18-2019, 07:57 AM
I keep seeing the Zuber interception mentioned.

He may have run the wrong route but he was also double covered and both backs were right on his heels.

It is what it is, and he probably did bust the play and throw Shrader off. But it still should've never even been thrown in his vicinity.

It wasn?t the wrong route and we were not throwing to Zuber. Zuber didn?t sprint out his route to clear the defenders away from who we were throwing to, Thomas. If he had run the route at the speed he was suppose to, then the overthrown ball to Thomas would have just been incomplete because the defender should not have been in the area to break off of Zuber to catch the overthrown pass

SheltonChoked
10-18-2019, 10:32 AM
It wasn?t the wrong route and we were not throwing to Zuber. Zuber didn?t sprint out his route to clear the defenders away from who we were throwing to, Thomas. If he had run the route at the speed he was suppose to, then the overthrown ball to Thomas would have just been incomplete because the defender should not have been in the area to break off of Zuber to catch the overthrown pass

Exactly. Zuber was double covered. That is the whole point of his route. And if he'd run the route instead of jogging it, no one would have been within 10 yards of Thomas.

https://youtu.be/T59YiXN1yu4?t=759

See here. If Zuber is at the 5, instead of the 15, which he SHOULD be, it is, at worst, an incomplete pass. That's not having a complicated offense. That's not having players hustle.

https://youtu.be/T59YiXN1yu4?t=877

CoachT14
10-19-2019, 06:07 PM

Found it.

Could've sworn I saw Witherspoon playing today. Might've even made a couple of good blocks.

https://media.tenor.com/images/09747d11dc668d274ed92927c4b0e750/tenor.gif

dawgday166
10-19-2019, 06:09 PM
Found it.

Could've sworn I saw Witherspoon playing today. Might've even made a couple of good blocks.

https://media.tenor.com/images/09747d11dc668d274ed92927c4b0e750/tenor.gif

Ya know ... I'm kinda impressed with some of these true frosh. He one of them though he ain't played much.

RougeDawg
10-19-2019, 06:26 PM
007 has been wrong on everything else so far but "take this to the bank". Yeah, okay.

If Joe comes back after a 4-8 season it will be abysmal attendance. If he loses to Tulane he should be immediately fired. Year 3 and we still can't beat all of our OOC opponents? Can't do that in the SEC. Not when you play AU, LSU and Bama every year.

We better get rid of SloMo and hire Fritz or that loss to Tulane is most likely. Fritz with our personnel would win games. He has turned Tulane around rather quickly. If we do keep SloMo the Clown another year, I may not renew my season tickets and gridiron passes and go all in on Tulane. At least I can walk to the games instead of a 9 hour round trip to watch NAIA level football in Starkville.