PDA

View Full Version : Stop dumping on people who still support the football program.

MaroonFlounder
10-15-2019, 05:37 PM
That's like telling folks who they are supposed to vote for in a political election just because they are members of a certain race, gender or demographic. I'm not pleased with what's going on, but MoHead is starting the Fresman finally, so I'll be there. I'll probably have an entire ****ing section to myself, but I don't give a shit. I want Shrader to do well. And he deserves a decent crowd that he's not gonna get.

Treemydawg
10-15-2019, 05:46 PM
And he’s not getting that crowd because???

Jack Lambert
10-15-2019, 05:49 PM
There is still have games to play and high school kids to recruit. Moorehead will not be fired. He might leave but I am still on board until the guys who donated more money then me tell Cohen to make a change. Until then the only thing all the bitching is doing is making the person bitching feel better but it doesn't do anything else good.

Churchill
10-15-2019, 05:54 PM
Your first sentence is a real reach my man.

DeputyDawg94
10-15-2019, 05:55 PM
I’m all for supporting the players. The coach hasn’t earned it.

Pollodawg
10-15-2019, 05:57 PM
When the season started, we were shaming folks for not attending. Now, we’re shaming folks FOR attending?

What a world....

Jack Lambert
10-15-2019, 06:01 PM
When the season started, we were shaming folks for not attending. Now, we’re shaming folks FOR attending?

What a world....

I am going and any Miss State fan should be there if for no other reason then to keep those trashy son of bitches from taking over our campus and stadium.

MetEdDawg
10-15-2019, 06:01 PM
I’m all for supporting the players. The coach hasn’t earned it.

So how do you do one without the other? Would love to know how you can physically show support for the players but not the coach and how we can all differentiate between the 2?

confucius say
10-15-2019, 06:06 PM
So how do you do one without the other? Would love to know how you can physically show support for the players but not the coach and how we can all differentiate between the 2?

Go to game but tell joes daughter that joe sucks after the game**

starkvegasdawg
10-15-2019, 06:14 PM
I am going and any Miss State fan should be there if for no other reason then to keep those trashy son of bitches from taking over our campus and stadium.

I'll be there at the kick. No promises I'll be there when the clock reads 0:00. I'm section 339 and I expect it'll be corndog heavy at the start. We start getting our heads handed to us on a Biblical scale then it could become a nightmare.

MaroonFlounder
10-15-2019, 06:27 PM
Your first sentence is a real reach my man.

Possibly an extreme metaphor, yes, but both are happening.

I just don't think it's right for the antagonists to try and convince fans to boycott the games to expedite the process of getting JoMo fired.

Jack Lambert
10-15-2019, 06:38 PM
I'll be there at the kick. No promises I'll be there when the clock reads 0:00. I'm section 339 and I expect it'll be corndog heavy at the start. We start getting our heads handed to us on a Biblical scale then it could become a nightmare.

I am in section 04. I don't know if any LSU fans will be in that section but if some sit by me I am taking my Battle Bell and they are going to get a ear full all game.

DeputyDawg94
10-15-2019, 06:57 PM
Just saying Jo hasn’t earned anything yet. The players have because they bleed, sweat and sacrifice their bodies for the fans.
He has proven over and over he’d rather lose his way than to tweak the O and win. The only exceptions are Auburn and TAMU last year. He’s going to tank our program if he’s allowed to. 25 years from now we will all still be MSU fans bitching about something and we will only be a paragraph on his resume that he couldn’t give 2 craps less about

bobcat91
10-15-2019, 07:13 PM
State fans are an embarrassment. Joe isnt going anywhere this year or next. Screw up next year and all bets are off. The only thing you loudmouths are going to do is destroy the fanbase and ruin recruiting. Idiots becoming a self fulfilling prophesy. I dont like what I see but he is getting 3 years. Come dont come or whatever but recruits do see what idiots post and that chases them more than s losing record.

cheewgumm
10-15-2019, 07:33 PM
How long wasn?t Croom here?

I?ll keep bitching if warranted... the fans can thank us later.

Really Clark?
10-15-2019, 07:54 PM
State fans are an embarrassment. Joe isnt going anywhere this year or next. Screw up next year and all bets are off. The only thing you loudmouths are going to do is destroy the fanbase and ruin recruiting. Idiots becoming a self fulfilling prophesy. I dont like what I see but he is getting 3 years. Come dont come or whatever but recruits do see what idiots post and that chases them more than s losing record.

Yeah that?s false. The message boards don?t melt and fan apathy doesn?t happen if the product on the field is acceptable. Cluster last Sat will drive recruits away long before they read one word on a message board.

msstate7
10-15-2019, 07:56 PM
Yeah that?s false. The message boards don?t melt and fan apathy doesn?t happen if the product on the field is acceptable. Cluster last Sat will drive recruits away long before they read one word on a message board.

Nah, recruits just read message boards... they don't watch games**

MagicDawg
10-15-2019, 08:09 PM
Nobody is dumping on anyone who supports the football program.

I admit, however, that I am pretty annoyed at people who apparently equate "head coach" with "the Mississippi State University Football Program."

You just don't get to say that not supporting poor performance by an individual is the same as not supporting the program. That's incredibly lazy thinking.

Pick a mayor of your town. Imagine that person is the opposite party from you and is making decisions you think are harmful or wrong-headed. Do you think you are obligated to voice support for that person in order to remain a supporter of your town? Seriously?

Lazy support based on a total abandonment of thought is the only thing more depressing than our current football performance.

Coach34
10-15-2019, 08:09 PM
Nah, recruits just read message boards... they don't watch games**

Recruits see bad losses to shitty teams as evidenced by my texts I received Sat and Sunday. "Coach how da **** State lose ta Tennessee? Yo school worst in da SEC"

MD2020
10-15-2019, 08:25 PM
Recruits see bad losses to shitty teams as evidenced by my texts I received Sat and Sunday. "Coach how da **** State lose ta Tennessee? Yo school worst in da SEC"

Kids say the darndest things!

Todd4State
10-15-2019, 08:26 PM
Go to game but tell joes daughter that joe sucks after the game**

Isn’t that what happened?

confucius say
10-15-2019, 08:34 PM

Yep, apparently.

Jack Lambert
10-15-2019, 08:40 PM

They told Joe himself he sucked and she was with him at the time. That does hurt kids.

Coach34
10-15-2019, 08:43 PM
They told Joe himself he sucked and she was with him at the time. That does hurt kids.

happens to coaches all over the country every Tues, Thur, Friday, Sat, and Sun. Hell, even had one crazy SOB yelling I sucked from the stands a month ago.

bobcat91
10-15-2019, 09:07 PM
Yeah yall keep telling yourself that destroying the fanbase does nothing to recruiting. Empty stadiums really bring in the players. Most players dont care about records. They want playing time. Like I said. Moorhead will be here this year and next. So save the stupid articles on who the next coach is. Just making fools of yourselves

TrapGame
10-15-2019, 09:19 PM
Is this a good time to bring up Bruce Feldman says Illinois and Boston College are interested in Joe?

Homedawg
10-15-2019, 09:29 PM
Yeah yall keep telling yourself that destroying the fanbase does nothing to recruiting. Empty stadiums really bring in the players. Most players dont care about records. They want playing time. Like I said. Moorhead will be here this year and next. So save the stupid articles on who the next coach is. Just making fools of yourselves

So our recruiting will be sub par this year and next.... great. Oh well.

Todd4State
10-15-2019, 09:30 PM
happens to coaches all over the country every Tues, Thur, Friday, Sat, and Sun. Hell, even had one crazy SOB yelling I sucked from the stands a month ago.

Was his name Yancy?

msstate7
10-15-2019, 09:33 PM
Is this a good time to bring up Bruce Feldman says Illinois and Boston College are interested in Joe?

Joe should go. Those programs don't make you cry in pressers

MagicDawg
10-15-2019, 09:46 PM
Losing Games You | 0.03% of Fanbase
Should Freaking Win | Bitching On the Internet
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Splits Fanbase X |
Demoralizes Athletes X |
Discourages Recruits X |
================================================== =====================
ACTUAL PROGRAM KILLER X |

Really Clark?
10-15-2019, 10:02 PM

The play on the field does all of this. The horrendous play last Sat is the catalyst. It didn’t start with message boards. You have this completely backwards. And when it turns bad, no matter of playing time will interest recruits that can impact us immediately

confucius say
10-15-2019, 10:06 PM
Who was the last head coach we had who coached any of the big 3 sports for at least two seasons on whom our fan base was not split? Seriously, who? Not Howland, not Ray, not Stans, not Cohen, not even Dan who is viewed as a top 10 college football coach.

Not sure how unique we are in this regard.

Homedawg
10-15-2019, 10:19 PM
The fan base was split on dan after year 2?? Doubt it. And even Howland I don't think so. Ray? Yeah I'll buy it. The rest I think were supported Bc the rest had messes to clean up. This one was busy taking us from good to great. Cough I mean good to below avg. yet now it's a total rebuild.... wtf ever

Coach007
10-15-2019, 10:29 PM
That's like telling folks who they are supposed to vote for in a political election just because they are members of a certain race, gender or demographic. I'm not pleased with what's going on, but MoHead is starting the Fresman finally, so I'll be there. I'll probably have an entire ****ing section to myself, but I don't give a shit. I want Shrader to do well. And he deserves a decent crowd that he's not gonna get.

They will never allow independent thought... that's not what the Collective is about.

Coach007
10-15-2019, 10:30 PM
The fan base was split on dan after year 2?? Doubt it. And even Howland I don't think so. Ray? Yeah I'll buy it. The rest I think were supported Bc the rest had messes to clean up. This one was busy taking us from good to great. Cough I mean good to below avg. yet now it's a total rebuild.... wtf ever

They were during year 3....2011. He had to win his last game to be bowl eligible

Homedawg
10-15-2019, 10:32 PM
They were during year 3....2011. He had to win his last game to be bowl eligible

The comment was year two. Try reading. And no, Not to the degree we are now. Some bothered maybe. Fan base split? 50/50 no. Not at all.
ETA- but jomo gonna have to win his last 2 best case to be bowl eligible. Hope that's a possibility.

Lord McBuckethead
10-15-2019, 10:37 PM

That was me, and I apologize. **

dawgday166
10-15-2019, 10:38 PM

I doubt it. I was pissed a few times but didn't want to fire him. We lost to Ga & SC (1 & 2 in east) and LSU, Bama, Arky, and AU from west. Nos 1, 2, 5, 9, and 19 ... only AU not ranked but 8-5 and 4th in West behind 3 very strong teams.

And we looked like we had actually stepped foot on a football field before as something other than spectators in all those games.

Lord McBuckethead
10-15-2019, 10:41 PM
I am still for Moorhead, but the only good damn thing about our fanbases bullshit is that absolutely understands that his product on the field is shitty and he better fix something. The SEC is serious football. It sucks that it takes a damn stupid ass mob on a message board for him to realize this shit will not be tolerated. Get it fixed. You have been talking about fixing it for 13 damn months. Shits old now. Time for the entire team and staff to understand they have to do what it takes. Fans too. If not, Walmart is hiring.

Lord McBuckethead
10-15-2019, 10:42 PM
And if you spend all waking moments working to get better, then you need to figure out how to teach the players more efficiently, cause all your time looks to be wasted.

Coach007
10-15-2019, 10:44 PM
The comment was year two. Try reading. And no, Not to the degree we are now. Some bothered maybe. Fan base split? 50/50 no. Not at all.
ETA- but jomo gonna have to win his last 2 best case to be bowl eligible. Hope that's a possibility.

Yeah.. and I was making a comment about year 3.

Now you try reading.

2011 they were because he had to win the last game to reach a BOWL...

Coach007
10-15-2019, 10:45 PM
I doubt it. I was pissed a few times but didn't want to fire him. We lost to Ga & SC (1 & 2 in east) and LSU, Bama, Arky, and AU from west. Nos 1, 2, 5, 9, and 19 ... only AU not ranked but 8-5 and 4th in West behind 3 very strong teams.

And we looked like we had actually stepped foot on a football field before as something other than spectators in all those games.

Oh hell no. We had plenty of talent on that field. We should not have lost what we did.

Lord McBuckethead
10-15-2019, 10:45 PM
Competitive is all we are asking. 2018 UK, Iowa, LSU and 2019 KSU, AU, and UT. Not a damn competetive moment we can hang our hat on. Who gives a shit if we lose 10-20, but we were in no way competing against UT. We lost from the opening whistle.

Homedawg
10-15-2019, 10:53 PM

Now you try reading.

Well don't quote a post that was talking about year two stupid ****.

Homedawg
10-15-2019, 10:54 PM

Now you try reading.

No. Again the base wasn't split. Just wasn't. But carry on unicorn.

dawgday166
10-15-2019, 10:54 PM
Oh hell no. We had plenty of talent on that field. We should not have lost what we did.

Well ... Bama, LSU, were just flat way better than us. Arky, SC, and AU probably toss-ups which we should've won 2 probably. Ga in Athens too tough at their place. So I'll give you 2 to 3 of the six ... which were all close games. Probably should've played Ga better too.

But ... as I said we looked like a football team even while losing. I wasn't happy with the losses but Dan was still trying to learn about how to win on his own too. And I attributed that to his growing pains. He still has a hump or 2 to get over to win the East and SEC for sure relative to things he does.

But at no time did we look like a disorganized, disfunctional, mob of guys wearing football uniforms.

Homedawg
10-15-2019, 10:56 PM

Do me a favor and go find out how many times we were favored in those. And better yet by 6.5 or more. I'll hang up and listen.

DeputyDawg94
10-15-2019, 10:59 PM

Yeah, because all those 4 and 5 stars at Bama who only see the field during a blow out care about playing time. It is true with some recruits but most big time players go to big time programs and understand that playing time will be limited. A 5 star goes to Bama or LSU or Georgia they sit for a couple of years. Here they start. The only exception I can think of is Cross.

dantheman4248
10-15-2019, 10:59 PM
Didn’t we lose to the eventual national champion by 3 in year 2 of Dan? Also creamed Michigan iirc. That was one of the best bowl wins in MSU history....

We were $180,000 and our morals away from winning the national title in year 2 with Dan. With Joe we would still lose to UTK even with Cam Newton...

Todd4State
10-15-2019, 11:10 PM
Why are we talking about 2011?

Dan was coming off of one of the best seasons in MSU history and had just beaten Michigan and a road win over Florida a year after Florida won the National Title. And then he won the Music City Bowl. Dan could have probably lost one he shouldn't have that year and still there is on way the fan base would have even come close to the anger that is there now. It's in no way comparable. Not to mention he became the first coach to win three Egg Bowls in a row at MSU.

The only concern at that time was his recruiting and most of us were taking a wait and see approach to see if it would get better at that time.

Todd4State
10-15-2019, 11:15 PM
Competitive is all we are asking. 2018 UK, Iowa, LSU and 2019 KSU, AU, and UT. Not a damn competetive moment we can hang our hat on. Who gives a shit if we lose 10-20, but we were in no way competing against UT. We lost from the opening whistle.

This is the difference. I don't remember questioning the effort and discipline of the team in 2011.

However, unfortunately for Joe our fans have long memories. People still talk about Tech and 10- heck they still talk about USM 1980. So we darn sure remember the Croom era. And what that kind of effort and discipline looked like. Which is why I think so many of our fans have jumped off so quickly. We know the signs and want to head it off at the pass. Hopefully no more five- six year "rebuilds" while the program collapses beyond repair.

timotheus
10-15-2019, 11:20 PM
Ok, so are we all in agreement with coach 007 that year 3 is when JoMo shows promise and turns it all around and rebuilds the culture?

War Machine Dawg
10-15-2019, 11:38 PM

Yeah, because sports media guys saying the exact same things we are isn't going to hurt in the least.******

War Machine Dawg
10-15-2019, 11:42 PM

I'd be shocked if it's 50/50 now. Seems like it's closer to 90/10 that Jughead isn't able to get the job done.

Todd4State
10-15-2019, 11:44 PM
I'd be shocked if it's 50/50 now. Seems like it's closer to 90/10 that Jughead isn't able to get the job done.

It seems like it's 99/1. I literally don't know anyone that supports him.

War Machine Dawg
10-15-2019, 11:45 PM
It seems like it's 99/1. I literally don't know anyone that supports him.

I was trying to leave some margin for error, but I'd be shocked if it isn't 95% or greater against, if I'm being honest.

Coach007
10-15-2019, 11:52 PM
Competitive is all we are asking.

And I agree. Here is the real issue.... We have people who know better than Mullen. It was shown here over and over. There was a point in time that this board... really just the collective, BASHED THE HELL out of Fitz. Why? because Mullen was the coach and they wanted him gone. This same group is doing it now and the fact is we are where we are and MOST of it has zero to do with Moorhead. Nobody wants to talk about it because some will have to admit truths.

In fact, I think a lot of people are pissed at Moorhead because Mullen is gone and they think had he stayed we would have made the play offs. But those same people campaigned against him like they are doing against Moorhead.

2018 UK, Iowa, LSU and 2019 KSU, AU, and UT.

Same for Mullen.

Now... either we break the Mullen cycle or continue to repeat it OR fire everybody in year 2(hell of a plan)

Coach007
10-15-2019, 11:53 PM
Well don't quote a post that was talking about year two stupid ****.

Or read the post that stated clearly in year 3.... I will leave off the personal attacks like the collective does.

timotheus
10-15-2019, 11:56 PM
at this point I'd settle for a coach who demands mental and physical toughness because we currently do not have that with this team. Is year 3 when this JoMo will all of a sudden turn into that type of coach? JoMo couldn't tote Mullen's jock.

Coach007
10-15-2019, 11:57 PM
Do me a favor and go find out how many times we were favored in those. And better yet by 6.5 or more. I'll hang up and listen.

Wins and loses... All that matters. Bookies and the betting lines dont. 20009, 2011, 2013, 2016 (where we went bowling with a losing season).....

I will hang up and listen.

timotheus
10-15-2019, 11:59 PM
Okay, so when will this JoMo whom you reference lead this MSU team to an above .500 record? That's easy, just tell me which season in which it will occur? I'll wait.

Coach007
10-16-2019, 12:00 AM
Yeah, because all those 4 and 5 stars at Bama who only see the field during a blow out care about playing time. It is true with some recruits but most big time players go to big time programs and understand that playing time will be limited. A 5 star goes to Bama or LSU or Georgia they sit for a couple of years. Here they start. The only exception I can think of is Cross.

YEAH AND MAN!!! We are SO in the game with those 5 star guys headed to BAMA! There were a few, but Mullen lost them.

timotheus
10-16-2019, 12:02 AM
So is JoMo going to turn it around and build a new culture at MSU? I bet he's a hell of a flag football guru. can he score 40 on ole miss this year? He will lose if he doesn't.

Really Clark?
10-16-2019, 12:04 AM
And I agree. Here is the real issue.... We have people who know better than Mullen. It was shown here over and over. There was a point in time that this board... really just the collective, BASHED THE HELL out of Fitz. Why? because Mullen was the coach and they wanted him gone. This same group is doing it now and the fact is we are where we are and MOST of it has zero to do with Moorhead. Nobody wants to talk about it because some will have to admit truths.

In fact, I think a lot of people are pissed at Moorhead because Mullen is gone and they think had he stayed we would have made the play offs. But those same people campaigned against him like they are doing against Moorhead.

Same for Mullen.

Now... either we break the Mullen cycle or continue to repeat it OR fire everybody in year 2(hell of a plan)

And what about all of the posters who was not so negative about Mullen, really excited about Moorehead when he was hired, saw concerns last seasons but wanted to stay the course and finally the undisciplined, unprepared, lack of accountability and toughness within the program has finally removed the illusion that this most likely will end in anything but a downward spiral. You can talk about suspensions, recruiting gaps, QB injuries all you want. You can still put a disciplined team on the field who know their assignments and run a cohesive offensive plan that just gets beat (even beat badly at times) because of talent and holes in the roster. There is a major problem within the program and the product on the field is exposing the issues.

Coach007
10-16-2019, 12:09 AM
Why are we talking about 2011?

Dan was coming off of one of the best seasons in MSU history and had just beaten Michigan and a road win over Florida a year after Florida won the National Title. And then he won the Music City Bowl. Dan could have probably lost one he shouldn't have that year and still there is on way the fan base would have even come close to the anger that is there now. It's in no way comparable. Not to mention he became the first coach to win three Egg Bowls in a row at MSU.

The only concern at that time was his recruiting and most of us were taking a wait and see approach to see if it would get better at that time.

Maybe we should be taking a wait and see approach now.

However, if we are going to use the "He's destroying what Mullen built" and all of the nashing of the teeth and have the balls to compare... then COMPARE.

IN YEAR 8... Mullen had a losing record. PERIOD. He went to a bowl with a LOSING record and here we are with dumb arse fans yelling at a kid "you dad sucks" and fans on this board calling for him to be removed and YEAR 2 isn't even finished and KNOWING

- the gap left by Mullen
- 10 guys decided to cheat when a NEW coach was settling in.
- Worked his ASS off to recruit and to find a QB knowing JR had never had to RUN a system like his
- To only have a kid injured in game 2.... forcing a QB you planned on red shirting into action because the back up didn't like the decision.
- and then had what 3 to 4 OL go down.

So yeah... 4 out of the Mullen 9 years... he had to win the last 1 or 2 games to make a bowl.

Coach007
10-16-2019, 12:11 AM
This is the difference. I don't remember questioning the effort and discipline of the team in 2011.

However, unfortunately for Joe our fans have long memories. People still talk about Tech and 10- heck they still talk about USM 1980. So we darn sure remember the Croom era. And what that kind of effort and discipline looked like. Which is why I think so many of our fans have jumped off so quickly. We know the signs and want to head it off at the pass. Hopefully no more five- six year "rebuilds" while the program collapses beyond repair.

5 or 6 year rebuilds? We know the signs???? LMAO... What were the signs in 2016?.... year 8 of Mullen?

timotheus
10-16-2019, 12:13 AM
hell, Stevens was soft up north and he's still soft. I was ready for the blather about how the O was functioning and so productive. The record is the same as it would have been up until the UT game anyway when he went back to Softy stevens. Wait and see til year 3. Isn't that what you said? how many games does JoMo win next year in the year of 3? please do elaborate oh illustrious one.

Coach007
10-16-2019, 12:14 AM
at this point I'd settle for a coach who demands mental and physical toughness because we currently do not have that with this team. Is year 3 when this JoMo will all of a sudden turn into that type of coach? JoMo couldn't tote Mullen's jock.

Well I am just saying.... 2009, 2011, 2013, 2016. Let me know when Moorhead meets those standards.

timotheus
10-16-2019, 12:17 AM
he has sure set the bar very low by my standards. are you a junior high coach?

Coach007
10-16-2019, 12:25 AM
And what about all of the posters who was not so negative about Mullen, really excited about Moorehead when he was hired, saw concerns last seasons but wanted to stay the course and finally the undisciplined, unprepared, lack of accountability and toughness within the program has finally removed the illusion that this most likely will end in anything but a downward spiral. You can talk about suspensions, recruiting gaps, QB injuries all you want. You can still put a disciplined team on the field who know their assignments and run a cohesive offensive plan that just gets beat (even beat badly at times) because of talent and holes in the roster. There is a major problem within the program and the product on the field is exposing the issues.

You will have that through a transition into a new offense. MOST people thought it was the same as Mullen's even with a few people here saying "no.. it's not". You even had a person on here demanding it was... and when he saw it wasn't, he demanded that the coach was not fit because it wasn't and the collective followed.

It's not the same offense. It has NEVER been the same offense. It will NEVER be the same offense and NO... you don't change your WHOLE offense to adapt. You implement your offense and recruit what you have to have.

Yes Clark, you can attribute the fact that Emerson gave up 2 scores simply because he is a true freshman. Nothing wrong with stating facts. And yes... I can talk about the reality of 10 players suspended. To my knowledge it is the biggest academic fraud we have ever had at Ms St. Yes I can talk about the realities... mainly:

2016 in year 8 of Mullen and not having a winning season vs NOW in year 1.5 of a NEW coach who is dealing with Mullen's issues.

Yes sir. I can be honest. Just like I can say "Moorhead... that was shit.... fix it".

It's not an either or.

Coach007
10-16-2019, 12:31 AM
hell, Stevens was soft up north and he's still soft. I was ready for the blather about how the O was functioning and so productive. The record is the same as it would have been up until the UT game anyway when he went back to Softy stevens. Wait and see til year 3. Isn't that what you said? how many games does JoMo win next year in the year of 3? please do elaborate oh illustrious one.

Again.. prove that Moorhead systems sucks when he has the QB and the players he needs.

PLEASE show us Football God.

Because I know for a fact I can show you a team functioning at a high level when Stevens was healthy.

It is what it is and the man went all out to improve the roster to win now. He continues to go all out while you continue to complain about a coach in year 1.5 and holding him to a different standard than Mullen.

Losing season in year 8

Coach007
10-16-2019, 12:33 AM
he has sure set the bar very low by my standards. are you a junior high coach?

Who Mullen? Yeah.. I don't know. How do you gauge a 5-7 losing season being awarded with a bowl game? or 4 out of his 9 years (without me looking into the 7 win seasons)needing the last game or 2 in order to make a bowl?

Damn that bar that MOORHEAD has yet to cross under.

cheewgumm
10-16-2019, 12:40 AM
The Tenn game is peanuts to me compared to the abomination of losing 5 games last year.

To me that is Moorhead?s problem. Not this year, which has had its
Moments, but last year, which was a total failure.

Really Clark?
10-16-2019, 12:42 AM
You will have that through a transition into a new offense. MOST people thought it was the same as Mullen's even with a few people here saying "no.. it's not". You even had a person on here demanding it was... and when he saw it wasn't, he demanded that the coach was not fit because it wasn't and the collective followed.

It's not the same offense. It has NEVER been the same offense. It will NEVER be the same offense and NO... you don't change your WHOLE offense to adapt. You implement your offense and recruit what you have to have.

Yes Clark, you can attribute the fact that Emerson gave up 2 scores simply because he is a true freshman. Nothing wrong with stating facts. And yes... I can talk about the reality of 10 players suspended. To my knowledge it is the biggest academic fraud we have ever had at Ms St. Yes I can talk about the realities... mainly:

2016 in year 8 of Mullen and not having a winning season vs NOW in year 1.5 of a NEW coach who is dealing with Mullen's issues.

Yes sir. I can be honest. Just like I can say "Moorhead... that was shit.... fix it".

It's not an either or.

How the heck did you get anything about offensive philosophies from what I wrote? None of what I posted had a word to do about philosophy or scheme.

I don’t care how many players are suspended or if the entire team is true freshman getting blown out every game. There is a difference and you can still be prepared and disciplined and install a cohesive offense, no matter what the offense is, if you can teach it, hold players accountable and the players believe in what you are doing. It has been a steady downward trend all season and he has lost players and losing more of the team and a majority of the fan base. Scheme be damned.

2016 again, already pointed out the flaws in that bullet point you are still harping on. There was upward swing the last 7 games and we won 4 of the last 6 games including the bowl and 3 of our last 5 regular season games. With a DC that was not horrific we win at a min 4 of our last 6 reg season games. Dan screwed up the hire and screwed up deciding on a QB

Coach007
10-16-2019, 12:45 AM
Okay, so when will this JoMo whom you reference lead this MSU team to an above .500 record? That's easy, just tell me which season in which it will occur? I'll wait.

2018. See you wait was not long.... Next question..??

Coach007
10-16-2019, 12:51 AM
The Tenn game is peanuts to me compared to the abomination of losing 5 games last year.

To me that is Moorhead?s problem. Not this year, which has had its
Moments, but last year, which was a total failure.

Then Blame Mullen. Blame him for leaving the team. Blame Cohen if you want. Moorhead was hired to bring HIS offense. Not *******.

Coach007
10-16-2019, 01:03 AM
How the heck did you get anything about offensive philosophies from what I wrote? None of what I posted had a word to do about philosophy or scheme.

Yes it did. It has 100% to do with what we see today on offense. This is not the Mullen offense.

I don’t care how many players are suspended or if the entire team is true freshman getting blown out every game. There is a difference and you can still be prepared and disciplined and install a cohesive offense, no matter what the offense is, if you can teach it, hold players accountable and the players believe in what you are doing.

Not true at all in every circumstance. Are you telling me in one season he was to replace every WR and add 3 QBS that can run the system he was hired to put in with the CURRENT roster? That's NOT realistic considering Fitz was a hero to the fans and there was NOTHING behind him.

We both know that. Why you are choosing to ignore it is beyond me.

and he has lost players and losing more of the team and a majority of the fan base. Scheme be damned.

Actually, he isn't. Again.. read the board. This board has the same people over and over making the same comments over and over. From my take, out side of this board and that actually includes somethings, I am telling you, he has not lost the fan base nor the ADMIN NOR the players.

2016 again, already pointed out the flaws in that bullet point you are still harping on. There was upward swing the last 7 games and we won 4 of the last 6 games including the bowl and 3 of our last 5 regular season games. With a DC that was not horrific we win at a min 4 of our last 6 reg season games. Dan screwed up the hire and screwed up deciding on a QB

You can excuse it all you want. in year 8.... it should have never happened. The issue is it wasn't just year 8. It was 2009, 2011, 2013, 2016..... and now 2019. We need to end the cycle.

cheewgumm
10-16-2019, 01:18 AM
Moorhead was brought here to WIN. Nobody gives a crap what his offense is. His offense to this point is garbage.

Last year he could have won easily. He chose to lose with his ?offense?. That was idiotic. It was dumb. He turned 10 wins into 8. He?s currently turning 8 wins into 6 or 5.

He was set up with the most talent he?ll EVER have and a chance to win big( which would have led to even better recruiting) and he passed. He decided to not win. It was more important to bend the team to his wants, rather than adjust his system so we could win big.

I don?t even like Mullen, but Mullen left him

* 3 first rounders on D
* 2 starting NFL offensive linemen
* 2 stud running backs
* the best rushing QB in SEC history.

And he lost 5 games!!!!

So you can see why there are questions.

Todd4State
10-16-2019, 01:34 AM
Maybe we should be taking a wait and see approach now.

However, if we are going to use the "He's destroying what Mullen built" and all of the nashing of the teeth and have the balls to compare... then COMPARE.

IN YEAR 8... Mullen had a losing record. PERIOD. He went to a bowl with a LOSING record and here we are with dumb arse fans yelling at a kid "you dad sucks" and fans on this board calling for him to be removed and YEAR 2 isn't even finished and KNOWING

- the gap left by Mullen
- 10 guys decided to cheat when a NEW coach was settling in.
- Worked his ASS off to recruit and to find a QB knowing JR had never had to RUN a system like his
- To only have a kid injured in game 2.... forcing a QB you planned on red shirting into action because the back up didn't like the decision.
- and then had what 3 to 4 OL go down.

So yeah... 4 out of the Mullen 9 years... he had to win the last 1 or 2 games to make a bowl.

No we should not take a wait and see approach. Everyone sees that it's not working. You don't have to know a whole lot about football to see the laziness and lack of discipline. Joe won't get to year eight here to compare. Dan did leave some gaps- but not enough gaps where we should consider losing to K-State and Tennessee as acceptable. Even more concerning you really also don't have to know a lot about football to see that Shrader is better than Stevens and that the team responds much better when he is in the game. But Joe decided to play favorites at our expense. Which is every bit as bad as Dan starting Holloway at RB and running him up the middle. Well, I take that back because at least Dan only played favorites at QB once- lost to South Alabama and then at least for all the faults he had- had the brains to start the better QB of the two. Unlike Joe. We haven't had 3-4 OL go down. All of our projected starters played last game and the only time that didn't happen was USM and K-State when Parker was out a couple of games.

And I am NOT a Dan Mullen apologist. Not in the very least. I said he should be gone after 2015 because he was obviously trying to leave and didn't want to be here- which did hurt us as a program. And I think it was foolish on MSU's part to basically cater to him and let him screw us over not once- but twice in the Egg Bowl while he was looking for a job. I'm glad he's gone because after 2015 he wasn't the answer anymore. Of course Joe isn't either- it's not mutually exclusive like you are trying to make it out to be. It's not Dan's fault that our team is lazy and undisciplined right now. Those are things that are almost impossible to turn around once that tone has been set that you're soft as a leader as Joe has demonstrated. Which is the main reason I want him gone. Starting Stevens against UT was simply the straw that broke my back. I would be VERY hypocritical to give Joe a pass on that after railing Dan for doing the same thing for years.

5 or 6 year rebuilds? We know the signs???? LMAO... What were the signs in 2016?.... year 8 of Mullen?

The "signs" were Dan wanted to leave. That was a big reason for 2016. He turned it around simply because if he didn't he would have been fired- which would have meant that there was no way he would have gotten a job somewhere like Florida.

Could Joe do the same thing? Maybe- but probably not because he's soft. He'll come up with some BS excuse and bitch about his family having to hear about how he sucks. I know what Dan did because I witnessed it after he lost to South Alabama. He brought the team out there in front of everyone during the South Carolina game and gave them a fiery pep talk. Yeah- it was kind of cheesy. But it also worked. We beat South Carolina. We won't beat LSU even if Joe turns into Bellichick. But will the discipline be better? Hell no. It will be as bad as ever. At least he's starting Shrader now. The guy has completely lost practically everyone except you and his immediate family.

Todd4State
10-16-2019, 01:38 AM
Moorhead was brought here to WIN. Nobody gives a crap what his offense is. His offense to this point is garbage.

Last year he could have won easily. He chose to lose with his ?offense?. That was idiotic. It was dumb. He turned 10 wins into 8. He?s currently turning 8 wins into 6 or 5.

He was set up with the most talent he?ll EVER have and a chance to win big( which would have led to even better recruiting) and he passed. He decided to not win. It was more important to bend the team to his wants, rather than adjust his system so we could win big.

I don?t even like Mullen, but Mullen left him

* 3 first rounders on D
* 2 starting NFL offensive linemen
* 2 stud running backs
* the best rushing QB in SEC history.

And he lost 5 games!!!!

So you can see why there are questions.

What did we do last year? Like give up I think it was 12 TD's all year and somehow managed to lose 5 games?

Really Clark?
10-16-2019, 01:55 AM
Yes it did. It has 100% to do with what we see today on offense. This is not the Mullen offense.

Not true at all in every circumstance. Are you telling me in one season he was to replace every WR and add 3 QBS that can run the system he was hired to put in with the CURRENT roster? That's NOT realistic considering Fitz was a hero to the fans and there was NOTHING behind him.

We both know that. Why you are choosing to ignore it is beyond me.

Actually, he isn't. Again.. read the board. This board has the same people over and over making the same comments over and over. From my take, out side of this board and that actually includes somethings, I am telling you, he has not lost the fan base nor the ADMIN NOR the players.

You can excuse it all you want. in year 8.... it should have never happened. The issue is it wasn't just year 8. It was 2009, 2011, 2013, 2016..... and now 2019. We need to end the cycle.

You are a liar. Find where I said word one about scheme. You can transition from triple option to air raid and that has squat to do with being unprepared as a coach, utilizing what skills your personnel does have, but more importantly accountability in the program, discipline, toughness and effort. Those 4 things are completely outside scheme and are a void in the program

And yes he has lost players on the team. You can make up whatever lie you want to make yourself sound like you have a clue what’s going on in the program or try to spin that it’s just some message boarders but there are many of us who have a much better understanding where we are today with the program from first accounts directly.

Randolph Dupree
10-16-2019, 04:28 AM

Same for Mullen.

This is a dumb post.

timotheus
10-16-2019, 06:47 AM
2018. See you wait was not long.... Next question..??

you turkey do realize that means being better than 6-6. The only way JoMo will be successful on Offense is to have 11 nfl level players on offense and that will never happen. The larger issue is the overall team chemistry and mental toughness and overweight O linemen. He has no remedy to slow down a defensive front 7 because he expects the qb to be able to stand and make a ham sandwich and then check down to his 4th option and then pass it to a wide open guy. Since you are a real coach I assume you do recognize the reason why Schrader is more productive. 78% of the plays are blown at the line of scrimmage and then he simply takes off and runs like a rat. stevens holds the ball too long and waits til the receiver is open too much and he's charmin soft and can't play in the SEC but he couldn't play in the big 10 either but I bet he'd be a stud at fordham. And I haven't even mentioned how disorganized the team looks in all phases. Again since you are a coach, how is JoMo going to all of a sudden improve the overall discipline on this team here in mid season when he hasn't a clue in the first place?

msstate7
10-16-2019, 07:01 AM
Coach007 predicted 11-1. We're 3-4 with lsu and Bama still on the schedule, but he still doesn't place any blame on Moorhead. What a clown/troll

confucius say
10-16-2019, 07:25 AM

Not after year 2. Just any coach of the big 3 who made it two seasons (so exclude Cann, Hindu) who did not experience a fan base split with regard to him?

I cannot think of one. Fan base was split on every one I can think of. Point being, half the base (or more) wanted Cohen gone too early and he was a success, howland gone too early and he is a success, and Dan gone on numerous occasions and he is one of the best in college football. Pretty clear that we rush to judgment. Let the season play out and evaluate then.

PMDawg
10-16-2019, 07:49 AM

Well, they weren't wrong.

Lord McBuckethead
10-16-2019, 10:45 AM
Coach007 predicted 11-1. We're 3-4 with lsu and Bama still on the schedule, but he still doesn't place any blame on Moorhead. What a clown/troll

We are 3-3 with Bama and LSU still on the schedule, at last count.

msstate7
10-16-2019, 10:48 AM
We are 3-3 with Bama and LSU still on the schedule, at last count.

Thanks. Point remains

Liverpooldawg
10-16-2019, 10:58 AM
I said 7-5 with a better chance at 6-6 than 8-3 going in. We can still get to 6-6 MAYBE. 7-5 ain't happening. The only game I have missed, GOING IN was KSU. I obviously thought after the way they started that we would beat UT, but I expected a close hard fought game. Some of us tried to temper expectations, and we were shouted down here. Most people I know in person were much more in line with me going in than this board was.

Coach34
10-16-2019, 11:02 AM
Well, they weren't wrong.

except that we lead our Region in every offensive category

sleepy dawg
10-16-2019, 12:43 PM
I said 7-5 with a better chance at 6-6 than 8-3 going in. We can still get to 6-6 MAYBE. 7-5 ain't happening. The only game I have missed, GOING IN was KSU. I obviously thought after the way they started that we would beat UT, but I expected a close hard fought game. Some of us tried to temper expectations, and we were shouted down here. Most people I know in person were much more in line with me going in than this board was.

The reason expectations need to be tempered is because Joe sucks.

Maroonthirteen
10-16-2019, 01:01 PM
you turkey do realize that means being better than 6-6. The only way JoMo will be successful on Offense is to have 11 nfl level players on offense and that will never happen. The larger issue is the overall team chemistry and mental toughness and overweight O linemen. He has no remedy to slow down a defensive front 7 because he expects the qb to be able to stand and make a ham sandwich and then check down to his 4th option and then pass it to a wide open guy. Since you are a real coach I assume you do recognize the reason why Schrader is more productive. 78% of the plays are blown at the line of scrimmage and then he simply takes off and runs like a rat. stevens holds the ball too long and waits til the receiver is open too much and he's charmin soft and can't play in the SEC but he couldn't play in the big 10 either but I bet he'd be a stud at fordham. And I haven't even mentioned how disorganized the team looks in all phases. Again since you are a coach, how is JoMo going to all of a sudden improve the overall discipline on this team here in mid season when he hasn't a clue in the first place?

Boom.

BB30
10-16-2019, 02:06 PM

Yea, that is false as well. This board is in full melt mode most of the time. If the team is doing well regardless of the sport then the people here are melting over attendance or concessions etc. I really feel like some are blind to how much melting goes on here. It is constant.

This obviously depends on what your idea of melt is. We may just have a conglomerate of really negative, whiny people on here. But being a state fan isn't for the faint of heart and I believe some have forgotten that and mixed us up with a school 80 miles to the east.

For those that don't know btw, we are a historical .490 Winning percentage team according to Wiki. That obviously means we lose more than we win. Now it has slowly changed over the last decade but we have always been one bad hire away from ending up right back there because it is damn hard to win in football at State.

The quicker some realize to just enjoy the good seasons and write the bad ones off the more enjoyable your experience as a state fan will be.

We will never be a consistent SEC title contender in football year in and year out. We are capable of contending every 4-6 years with the right staff in place. Do that long enough and you can start to climb up the ladder but we have a bunch of bad history to erase before people start to forget how bad we have actually been. And it will be much harder for people to forget that when our own fans are constantly bashing the program and AD.

Not saying that a little bashing shouldn't happen from time to time and this is probably one of those times. But the amount of bashing that went on last year when we had one of our better seasons regardless of if it was the season we expected to have or not was absurd and did absolutely nothing to benefit the program. Not saying you have to be happy about it but just don't act an a** all of the time. Just try maybe, I don't know, 20% of the time.

Really Clark?
10-16-2019, 02:16 PM
Yea, that is false as well. This board is in full melt mode most of the time. If the team is doing well regardless of the sport then the people here are melting over attendance or concessions etc. I really feel like some are blind to how much melting goes on here. It is constant.

This obviously depends on what your idea of melt is. We may just have a conglomerate of really negative, whiny people on here. But being a state fan isn't for the faint of heart and I believe some have forgotten that and mixed us up with a school 80 miles to the east.

For those that don't know btw, we are a historical .490 Winning percentage team according to Wiki. That obviously means we lose more than we win. Now it has slowly changed over the last decade but we have always been one bad hire away from ending up right back there because it is damn hard to win in football at State.

The quicker some realize to just enjoy the good seasons and write the bad ones off the more enjoyable your experience as a state fan will be.

We will never be a consistent SEC title contender in football year in and year out. We are capable of contending every 4-6 years with the right staff in place. Do that long enough and you can start to climb up the ladder but we have a bunch of bad history to erase before people start to forget how bad we have actually been. And it will be much harder for people to forget that when our own fans are constantly bashing the program and AD.

Not saying that a little bashing shouldn't happen from time to time and this is probably one of those times. But the amount of bashing that went on last year when we had one of our better seasons regardless of if it was the season we expected to have or not was absurd and did absolutely nothing to benefit the program. Not saying you have to be happy about it but just don't act an a** all of the time. Just try maybe, I don't know, 20% of the time.

Not really when compared to many other boards in the SEC. We are pretty average to tame comparative to other fan boards

Liverpooldawg
10-16-2019, 02:17 PM
The reason expectations need to be tempered is because Joe sucks.

Maybe so. But we had an untried QB no matter who it was, the same wideouts, and we lost an absolute TON on defense. Fitz couldn't pass but he could RUN, and that was about all we had on offense last year. You had to know the O had a chance to take a step back if the passing game didn't improve drastically. There were too many questions going in to bank on that. There was no way the D wasn't going to take a step back. We were 8-5 last year.

War Machine Dawg
10-16-2019, 02:25 PM
What did we do last year? Like give up I think it was 12 TD's all year and somehow managed to lose 5 games?

Worth repeating Hadad's point from Monday's Thunder & Lightning pod: Moorhead lost 5 games last year despite having a defense that gave up less than a TD per game. The absolute floor of last year's team was 8 wins. The D was so good it was literally impossible to lose more than 5 games with that team. Moorhead did the bare minimum, literally the worst job possible, given the team he inherited last season.

The guy had to work harder to lose 5 games than he would have to win 10-11. It was that poor a coaching job last season. And everyone bashed me when all our top assistants left after the season because I said it was the rats getting off the ship while they could. None of them wanted to have their reputations attached to the disaster they saw coming with Moorhead. It wasn't real hard to figure out what was going on when they left.

BB30
10-16-2019, 02:47 PM

Not defending 007 or JOMO but...

I think his offense could be somewhat successful with just 2 solid college WRs and a QB that could get them the ball. How many receivers do we have on the roster that would have played for Tennessee last week? We all agree that Tennessee is about as bad as you can be and yet, they still have quite a few guys at WR that I would trade for any day of the week. I'm not sure outside of Vandy and maybe Ark if there is a team that I wouldn't trade our WRs for theirs.

As for Shrader being more productive, yes, the reason is he's simply more decisive and will take off and run when he needs to. It certainly helps having a QB that can get away from pressure and make something happen. Oddly enough we performed better in Mullen's offense when we had Fitz and Dak instead of T. Russell. Why because there was a run threat from the QB position. Most offenses generally do better with a mobile QB in today's college game. Look at Oklahoma, Ohio State, and Alabama. Tua can run when he needs to. Even Burrow at LSU can run when the pocket collapses same with Nix at Aubie and Mond at A & M. You act like this is just a state thing.

LSU has blown up on offense this year and I am not sure how many times I have seen Burrow make it to his 3rd and 4th progression. There were several plays in the UF game where the play was busted up at the LOS and he still managed to find his second and even third option downfield. Your acting like what JOMO is asking his QB to do is foreign.

Now, I will agree with you on the disorganization/sloppiness and lack of physicality/effort that falls 100% on this coaching staff. You can blame some of the personnel issues etc. on the previous staff but not the previously listed stuff. If we were playing clean football and were physical I wouldn't have nearly the issues with JOMO that I have and would be willing to give him the benefit of the doubt that it is just strictly a personnel problem. He can't control his personnel that was here when he got the job but he can certainly control the effort, intensity, sloppiness, and physicality that the team plays with and he's doing a very poor job in that department. We are 5-1 right now if we just simply had played cleaner and more physical than we have and those losses due to a lack of effort and intensity simply aren't acceptable.

I am willing to give him the rest of the year to get that cleaned up and show that he can prepare a football team to play physical and clean for 4 QTRs before I throw in the towel completely. But, if there isn't any sign of improvement and we drop another game that we should win It's going to be awful hard to stay in the boat. Regardless, I think he gets another year.

If you look at it from a prospective coaching candidate's point of view that knows nothing about our fan base etc. and just knows what our history is it is going to be hard to hire a quality candidate after firing the new guy 2 years in. You can argue that all you want and say but Mullen showed you can win here and our recent history isn't that bad etc. but an up and coming or proven head coach won't take the job.

His first call will be to Dan Mullen. Dan will say well we won more in my tenure than at any other point in the history of the school and they were still ready for me to leave and didn't think we were doing a good job at the end. That plus firing a guy 2 years in after winning almost two times the number of games in his first season than we have historically would be enough to make any coach hesitant to jump at our job. They would see it as a career ender when they could just hold off and take a job paying virtually the same number at a middle tier PAC or ACC school where they will be given enough time to get their guys in.

If we fire him this year we better be willing to shell out and pay more money to the next guy. You generally get what you pay for.

sleepy dawg
10-16-2019, 02:52 PM
Maybe so. But we had an untried QB no matter who it was, the same wideouts, and we lost an absolute TON on defense. Fitz couldn't pass but he could RUN, and that was about all we had on offense last year. You had to know the O had a chance to take a step back if the passing game didn't improve drastically. There were too many questions going in to bank on that. There was no way the D wasn't going to take a step back. We were 8-5 last year.

We were 8-5 last year because Joe sucks.

timotheus
10-16-2019, 03:09 PM
the reason Burrow is able to go to a 3rd or 4th option in a route is due to the ability of the Oline to block for 4-6 seconds. Our line is kapoot after 1.75 seconds and that is why Garrett is our QB. He is a natural runner and he's tough and takes hits. Stevens is passive and soft and appears to want to play a video game type O just like JoMo the guru.

MaroonFlounder
10-16-2019, 06:32 PM
We were 8-5 last year because Joe sucks.

Joe can't catch balls for Guid and Mitch.

We were 2 dropped passes from 10-3.

Really Clark?
10-16-2019, 06:39 PM

You can’t count the Florida drop as a definite win. That was at the start of the 3rd quarter and the final score was 13-6...it count as tying it up but too much game left. Not the same as missing a score at the very end to tie a game. No way to know it does anything more than tie it up (with a made PaT)

AROB44
10-16-2019, 06:39 PM

This is true, but you will never convince others that it wasn't Joe's fault.

Coach34
10-16-2019, 06:53 PM
LOL- Liverpool with the "Fitz cant throw" mantra again.

Fitz last 6 games he threw 12 TD's with 2 picks- 1 of those picks Guidry handed to Iowa instead of catching a TD. So in reality- Fitz should have had 13 TD's passing and 1 pick the last 6 games. Fitz would have beaten Tenn like they stole something last Saturday.

dawgday166
10-16-2019, 07:09 PM
LOL- LiverPool with the "Fitz cant throw" mantra again.

Fitz last 6 games he threw 12 TD's with 2 picks- 1 of those picks Guidry handed to Iowa instead of catching a TD. So in reality- Fitz should have had 13 TD's passing and 1 pick the last 6 games. Fitz would have beaten Tenn like they stole something last Saturday.

He's a trip now. Started to argue but just shrugged and said WTF.

When they're a literature PhD this football stuff don't come that easy to them. Bless their heart ****

Forest for the trees detective - Jack Reacher.

Homedawg
10-16-2019, 07:27 PM

Same goes the other way. A&M dropped 10+ passes. And threw a pick that could have tied it anyway. Auburn fumbled going into the endzone. It's convenient to forget those.

dantheman4248
10-16-2019, 10:54 PM

Joe decides whether guys who drop passes like that play or not. One kept doing it consistently and still starts up until last week for an unknown reason and made his first catch in traffic in who knows how long. (The Auburn TD was not a catch. That was a luck TD.)