PDA

View Full Version : 2020 MSU Roster - the cupboard isn't bare

Tbonewannabe
10-15-2019, 04:10 PM
QB - (Soph) Shrader or possibly (Jr) KT if he stays, (RSoph) Mayden, (Fr) Rogers
RB - (Sr) Hill (if he stays), (Jr) Walker, (Soph) Weatherspoon, and (Fr) Marks
TE - Everyone but Green

Oline - (Sr) Reese, (Sr) Eiland, (Sr) Parker, (RFr) Cole Smith, (RSoph) Kam Jones, (Sr) Stanic, (Sr) Sharp, (RFr) Cross, (RSoph) Dolla Bill, (RFr) Cunningham, (RFr) Pendley, (RFr) Brevyn Jones, (Jr) Suggs
So that is a possibly mostly Senior Oline with young backups. We could definitely use a Juco or two here.

WR - we lose Guidry, Thomas, Dear, Zuber - no big losses there

So on offense we do lose a few Oline but nothing we shouldn't be able to overcome. Of course injuries could make use young in places.

DT - Everyone but Autry and Kendell Jones
DE - We lose Rivers and Fletcher Adams - both good players

LB - We lose Leo Lewis, Tim Washington, Kilby-Lane.

S - We lose Landrews and Cole unless Cole could have redshirted last year

DB - We lose Smitherman

All counted, we should have a pretty experienced team next year.

dawgday166
10-15-2019, 05:15 PM
The Oline will take a while to gel. This year with all the Srs, I kinda thought it'd be ok and it's not. I'm also convinced Johnson is not a good Oline coach.

WRs ... not losing much but gotta have some guys to make plays outside of Mitchell.

Need some Dlinemen to step up and get better. Possible.

I'm not confident on LB depth.

Backend D ... young and they'll make some mistakes.

A good coach might could win 7 or so. We don't have that luxury.

Thick
10-15-2019, 05:19 PM
KT is as good as gone, and look for Mayden to follow suit.

dawgday166
10-15-2019, 05:24 PM

Funny thing. Joe tosses some Mullen players to the side cause they ain't good enough. Ok, fair enough ... that's football.

Now Joe's performance sucks, he's getting compared to Mullen's decent standard that was set ... and his feelings are hurt and he's been "humbled". And he makes $3 mill/year.

Tbonewannabe
10-15-2019, 05:32 PM

That was more along the lines of a new coach keeping them from transferring. I would think if Joe is here next year that the QB room is Shrader and Rogers which is pretty scary how we would be two injuries from a walk on QB.

timotheus
10-15-2019, 06:42 PM
who gonna be calling the plays? That will be the most critical component.

R2Dawg
10-15-2019, 06:54 PM
There is talent returning. I don't think Joe is going anywhere but if he did and he took Shrader with him, KT could be talked into staying. A lot of ifs but possible. As bad as we are, no jrs are going NFL.

timotheus
10-15-2019, 07:08 PM
walker is currently a unused junior i believe

maroonmania
10-15-2019, 07:31 PM
That was more along the lines of a new coach keeping them from transferring. I would think if Joe is here next year that the QB room is Shrader and Rogers which is pretty scary how we would be two injuries from a walk on QB.

And if JoMo leaves or is let go our QB room could be Logan Burnett and ????

Homedawg
10-15-2019, 09:20 PM
There is talent returning. I don't think Joe is going anywhere but if he did and he took Shrader with him, KT could be talked into staying. A lot of ifs but possible. As bad as we are, no jrs are going NFL.

Just because we suck doesn't mean they won't bail. Guys get $ in their eyes and make bad decisions. I still say at least 2 declare.

Homedawg
10-15-2019, 09:21 PM
walker is currently a unused junior i believe

He will be an unused sr next year. A total waste of a scholarship.

HoopsDawg
10-15-2019, 10:33 PM

Decision making. Same thing with the transfer punter. 2 unused scholarships.

Coach007
10-15-2019, 10:39 PM
QB - (Soph) Shrader or possibly (Jr) KT if he stays, (RSoph) Mayden, (Fr) Rogers
RB - (Sr) Hill (if he stays), (Jr) Walker, (Soph) Weatherspoon, and (Fr) Marks
TE - Everyone but Green

Oline - (Sr) Reese, (Sr) Eiland, (Sr) Parker, (RFr) Cole Smith, (RSoph) Kam Jones, (Sr) Stanic, (Sr) Sharp, (RFr) Cross, (RSoph) Dolla Bill, (RFr) Cunningham, (RFr) Pendley, (RFr) Brevyn Jones, (Jr) Suggs
So that is a possibly mostly Senior Oline with young backups. We could definitely use a Juco or two here.

WR - we lose Guidry, Thomas, Dear, Zuber - no big losses there

So on offense we do lose a few Oline but nothing we shouldn't be able to overcome. Of course injuries could make use young in places.

DT - Everyone but Autry and Kendell Jones
DE - We lose Rivers and Fletcher Adams - both good players

LB - We lose Leo Lewis, Tim Washington, Kilby-Lane.

S - We lose Landrews and Cole unless Cole could have redshirted last year

DB - We lose Smitherman

All counted, we should have a pretty experienced team next year.

None of this takes into account the Jucos and they will matter a ton next year.

But... here is what Moorhead has to do. Get us the frick out of the Mullen cycle. Recruiting has to be consistent from year to year.

btw, 2021 is setting up to be a GREAT season.

Coach007
10-15-2019, 10:42 PM
Funny thing. Joe tosses some Mullen players to the side cause they ain't good enough. Ok, fair enough ... that's football.

Now Joe's performance sucks, he's getting compared to Mullen's decent standard that was set ... and his feelings are hurt and he's been "humbled". And he makes $3 mill/year.

Yeah... that Losing season to make it to a bowl!! WOW... what a standard set... " Mullen.. your team is 5-7!!! BUT you make a BOWL!"

AWESOME standard ! So very very VERY HIGH!!!

Homedawg
10-15-2019, 10:44 PM
None of this takes into account the Jucos and they will matter a ton next year.

But... here is what Moorhead has to do. Get us the frick out of the Mullen cycle. Recruiting has to be consistent from year to year.

btw, 2021 is setting up to be a GREAT season.

Don't count on juco In their first year. It's a huge transition unless they've been at a d1 program b4. And even then it's tough. Some pan out, some dont. But don't count on many to be big time payers before 21. And by 21 we will have a new coach. We shall see. Jomo won't survive next years disaster. If he does then great, kudos to him

Homedawg
10-15-2019, 10:46 PM
Yeah... that Losing season to make it to a bowl!! WOW... what a standard set... " Mullen.. your team is 5-7!!! BUT you make a BOWL!"

Yeah when jomo gets us to 10-2 call me.

Homedawg
10-15-2019, 10:49 PM

7,6,3,0. Our points in sec games last year against teams w a pulse. Oh and I'll throw in 10. 10 against the mighty UT Vols.

timotheus
10-15-2019, 11:10 PM
does coach 007 have a kid on his team wear a red hat during games as KT does?

Coach007
10-15-2019, 11:15 PM

Really... so... we lose Gibson and Hill... We have a SO at RB.. What depth is behind him? LOL.. It's friggin awesome to watch you people. The man will never do anything right in your eyes. NOR will the next guy.

We needed a RB with some experience for depth. We took a guy who had massive promise out of HS. and WOW... the SKY friggin fell. Right on the whole of Starkville.

Just shut the program down... LMAO!

timotheus
10-15-2019, 11:18 PM
Dude u need to either back off the meds or just take the whole bottle. Do u actually think walker will contribute in a major way on an SEC team next year? He couldn't sniff the field at michigan and he never started a game in juco. the whole thing just smells. are u a flag football coach as joMo is?

Coach007
10-15-2019, 11:21 PM
Don't count on juco In their first year. It's a huge transition unless they've been at a d1 program b4. And even then it's tough. Some pan out, some dont. But don't count on many to be big time payers before 21. And by 21 we will have a new coach. We shall see. Jomo won't survive next years disaster. If he does then great, kudos to him

True.. neither do some 5 star hs players. SO..... maybe we should just STOP recruiting. I mean shit.... Why even bother while the Yank is here with the country club. They all have their hate of the fans and university..

For the record.... I count on people improving MS St. I have yet to see Moorhead NOT improve. NOPE. Did not like UT and there is no excuse. However, until Moorhead breaks the cycle of the Mullen recruiting, we will continue to have a .. A high and follw that with a decline until the next high. Right now that decline comes every 2 to 3 years.

We have every right to be pissed about the last game. FACT. Calling for his job over it is simply wrong and emotional as a woman on her period.

Coach007
10-15-2019, 11:22 PM
Yeah when jomo gets us to 10-2 call me.

If it's up to you, he won't get a chance to. Thank god the collective is not in control.

timotheus
10-15-2019, 11:25 PM
you are a class act bringing a womans period into this type discussion. Joe hasn't a clue but u say year 3 will show some promise. ok, I got ya there dude

Coach007
10-15-2019, 11:27 PM
7,6,3,0. Our points in sec games last year against teams w a pulse.

And that's not true.

We scored 23 against the #8 team in the nation and beat them. We beat TAMU who was ranked 16th.

Again.. just be honest

Coach007
10-15-2019, 11:29 PM
Dude u need to either back off the meds or just take the whole bottle. Do u actually think walker will contribute in a major way on an SEC team next year? He couldn't sniff the field at michigan and he never started a game in juco. the whole thing just smells. are u a flag football coach as joMo is?

He will have to. It's hardly the point. You got to have somebody and heads up.... MULLEN left a hole so you could blame the next guy..

2009...2011.... 2013...2016...now 2019.

But you will get it at some point

timotheus
10-15-2019, 11:31 PM
how many points u figuring we score combined vs LSU and BAMA? U are a coach so I assume you know these things, I mean JoMo is a coach too.

timotheus
10-15-2019, 11:32 PM
so JoMo will win tween 2 and 4 in 2020 and maybe 3or 4 in 2021 and then 2022 will be his big year? I thought u said that year 3 was going to be his year.

Coach007
10-15-2019, 11:33 PM
you are a class act bringing a womans period into this type discussion. Joe hasn't a clue but u say year 3 will show some promise. ok, I got ya there dude

Joe's record states he has a WAY bigger clue than you. You don't get to the level he has without a clue sir. Maybe look at actual facts.

So I will say it again.... 2009, 2011, 2013, 2016.... Love making a bowl with a losing record right???? Tell me. I know you did.

timotheus
10-15-2019, 11:35 PM
I'm betting Joes record ain't gonna be worth a shit next year but u say year 3 is his year? or do u mean year 5? please continue to explain. Are u JoMo?

timotheus
10-15-2019, 11:38 PM
in what year will he instill discipline and a sense of urgency? I'm glad he finally got his headset adjusted saturday, he seemed more concerned with it than the game. but he looks so calm standing there gazing at the play chart as the play clock winds down.

Really Clark?
10-15-2019, 11:39 PM
And that's not true.

We scored 23 against the #8 team in the nation and beat them. We beat TAMU who was ranked 16th.

Again.. just be honest

Well if you want honesty we were dead last in the league last season in scoring vs ranked teams at 11 points per game (6 games). The next lowest was 15.7 UNM and Vandy at 16 points per game. If we are being honest.

timotheus
10-15-2019, 11:43 PM
lets all get some rest guys. coach 007 has practice tomorrow.

dantheman4248
10-15-2019, 11:52 PM
Dantzler is a 1st rounder next year. He’s gone.

Homedawg
10-16-2019, 06:57 AM
And that's not true.

Again.. just be honest

My apologies forgot. Add that in and we avg 7.8 a game. And that was w a last minute add on 80 yards run. But it counts. None the less 7.8 is awful. Beyond awful.

Homedawg
10-16-2019, 07:00 AM
If it's up to you, he won't get a chance to. Thank god the collective is not in control.

I'm not the only person w eyes. Some just took longer to figure out his inability. See it took me one josh Allen ass whipping of our left tackle last year to know we needed to get him some help. Unfortunately, the one drawing the check NeVER did anything about it.

timotheus
10-16-2019, 07:01 AM
Joe's record states he has a WAY bigger clue than you. You don't get to the level he has without a clue sir. Maybe look at actual facts.

So I will say it again.... 2009, 2011, 2013, 2016.... Love making a bowl with a losing record right???? Tell me. I know you did.

Joes record vs teams with a pulse is looking dismal to me so far. maybe u have some stats that take you to your happy place though. by the end of the 2020 season he will have driven the program completely in the ground. so he may have a clue but we ain't too sure what kinda clue it mite be. 2018,2019 there did i do that right?

KentuckyDawg13
10-16-2019, 09:19 AM
Since Moorhead is safe for another season due to MSU protocol, the OL, DL and Special Team coaches must be replaced.

Maroonthirteen
10-16-2019, 11:03 AM
Mayden..... from what little we have seen of him. He looks like a big strong athlete.

For those in the know..... any chance he switches to a position in which we are in need? LB, Safety or RB?

He looks like such a good athlete. You would hate to see him transfer.

timotheus
10-16-2019, 11:11 AM
My money says he leaves when this fall semester is completed. He is just another KT to Joe. I wish him well because as u say, he is much of an athlete.

R2Dawg
10-16-2019, 12:08 PM
And that's not true.

Again.. just be honest

Those rankings were a joke, he said teams with a pulse. We also had the #1 D in nation. Without it, we lose both those games.

R2Dawg
10-16-2019, 12:10 PM
Since Moorhead is safe for another season due to MSU protocol, the OL, DL and Special Team coaches must be replaced.

I agree with that to a degree. Here is the challenge - what good coaches want to come to a program where they likely are one and done? Same thing happened to JWS that last year with Cooper and Blake. He didn't have much to pick from for asst coaches.

Jack Lambert
10-16-2019, 12:31 PM
The Oline will take a while to gel. This year with all the Srs, I kinda thought it'd be ok and it's not. I'm also convinced Johnson is not a good Oline coach.

WRs ... not losing much but gotta have some guys to make plays outside of Mitchell.

Need some Dlinemen to step up and get better. Possible.

I'm not confident on LB depth.

Backend D ... young and they'll make some mistakes.

A good coach might could win 7 or so. We don't have that luxury.

The O-line just doesn't seem to have any fire to them. A lot of that is on the O Line coach. I think Moorhead is going to be forced to make some changes in coaches if he can't turn this season around.

Tbonewannabe
10-16-2019, 12:38 PM
The Entire Team just doesn't seem to have any fire to them. A lot of that is on the O Line coach and other coaches. I think Moorhead is going to be forced to make some changes in coaches if he can't turn this season around.

Fify. Occasionally our D gets after it but for the most part we look slow, weak, and just going through the motions. I think Deke Adams is a complete bust even with the DT lack of experience.