PDA

View Full Version : Men's Basketball Media Day

StarkVegasSteve
10-15-2019, 03:27 PM
Men picked to finish 7th this year. Reggie Perry named Preseason 1st Team All SEC.

Perry really has a chance to have a monster year. Along with the continued improvement of Woodard, Carter, and Spoon I think this team has a chance to be better than last years...or at least get to the tourney and win a game.

timotheus
10-15-2019, 03:41 PM
Crap I sure hope we win at least one game in the tourney.

gtowndawg
10-15-2019, 04:12 PM
I'm looking forward to basketball. I hope the ticket issue is better this year so people can support the men. They deserve it.

Tbonewannabe
10-15-2019, 04:18 PM
Men picked to finish 7th this year. Reggie Perry named Preseason 1st Team All SEC.

Perry really has a chance to have a monster year. Along with the continued improvement of Woodard, Carter, and Spoon I think this team has a chance to be better than last years...or at least get to the tourney and win a game.

I think this team does have the chance to be better. Peters made the offense inconsistent. It seems like he was either shooting a ton or not shooting at all. Perry being a year older along with Woodard is going to be special.

Maridian Dawg
10-15-2019, 04:44 PM
I'm very excited for basketball this year.
I think Perry has a good chance for SEC POY.
Woodard, Carter, Nick, Perry and Ado can hang with anyone in the country.
I hope they can get the fan support they deserve, because it's killing their morale and eventually recruiting. No one wants to play in an empty arena.

NickoeWatersHedges
10-16-2019, 02:07 PM
7th is about 3 or 4 spots lower than what we'll finish imo. Rothstein has been hyping up Molinar and DJ which will be crucial for our depth and production while Nick serves his suspension. We are a tournament team this year and the fan support damn sure better represent that unlike it has in the last years. I go to every game and its been pathetic honestly.

StarkVegasSteve
10-16-2019, 02:10 PM
7th is about 3 or 4 spots lower than what we'll finish imo. Rothstein has been hyping up Molinar and DJ which will be crucial for our depth and production while Nick serves his suspension. We are a tournament team this year and the fan support damn sure better represent that unlike it has in the last years. I go to every game and its been pathetic honestly.

I'm not gonna go down the attendance rabbit hole again. There's plenty of other things to complain about right now. Don't get me wrong though, we'll discuss it and complain about it ad nauseam this season.

hp22
10-16-2019, 11:18 PM
I'll bet we finish better than 7th all day if we stay relatively healthy.

I'm looking forward to watching Molinar. And the idea of Stewart and Spoon athleticism on the perimeter is cause for excitement. We could play a VERY physical brand of basketball this year. If our 6-9 gets to where it needs to be, I think this year's team will he better than last year's.

Dawg2003
10-17-2019, 09:17 AM
Am I crazy for thinking this team could be better than last year's team?

smootness
10-17-2019, 09:52 AM

No. This is the most optimistic I've been in a while heading into a season because I just like the guys on this year's team. They seem tougher and smarter than a lot of the guys we've had. I think we're going to be a very physical team and hope we can put together something close to what Tennessee's done the last couple years.

msstate7
10-17-2019, 10:11 AM
No. This is the most optimistic I've been in a while heading into a season because I just like the guys on this year's team. They seem tougher and smarter than a lot of the guys we've had. I think we're going to be a very physical team and hope we can put together something close to what Tennessee's done the last couple years.

No one creates basketball excitement like joe Moorhead

Scared_Hitless
10-17-2019, 10:17 AM
No one creates basketball excitement like joe Moorhead

Damn the truth hurts, but I agree. I do think this team is genuinely likeable for some reason our fans seemed to not like Peters and that caused issues. Perry and Woodard are crowd pleasers I expect attendance to be better. Once we get Nick back we are going to have a strong team.

smootness
10-17-2019, 12:42 PM
Peters and Holman were never well-liked by the fanbase, and Q, while incredible, also never seemed to just fully win everyone over. Some of that is undeserved, especially in Q's case, but some of it was quite fair.

This team just seems more likable.

BrunswickDawg
10-17-2019, 01:13 PM
Peters and Holman were never well-liked by the fanbase, and Q, while incredible, also never seemed to just fully win everyone over. Some of that is undeserved, especially in Q's case, but some of it was quite fair.

This team just seems more likable.

I think Q was overshadowed by Peters' personality. Love him or hate him, LP had a big personality. Q just did his thing - pretty consistently and without flash - night in and night out. Those guys get overlooked.

MCsMGs
10-17-2019, 10:11 PM

No, that's reasonable thinking...

Tbonewannabe
10-18-2019, 07:00 AM
I think Q was overshadowed by Peters' personality. Love him or hate him, LP had a big personality. Q just did his thing - pretty consistently and without flash - night in and night out. Those guys get overlooked.

It is weird that he is one of our best overall players in the last 20 years and you didn't hear about him that much. He was just so quiet on and off the court that he kind of gets overlooked in a way.