PDA

View Full Version : Jomo and Wyatt

Maverick
10-15-2019, 11:26 AM
So, yesterdays presser was different. I have to give the guy some props, in my opinion it took some balls to come out and say the stuff he said. Not many coaches lay it out like that and are brutally honest. Usually it's just the typical coach speak. Geeze, I so wish the damn guy would just work out but I like most of you now have my doubts and am quite frankly done. Jomo as a person is very likable but Jomo as a coach will make you pull your hair out. Unfortunately for him personality doesn't win football games and that is what he was hired to do.

Matt had some good points yesterday on his show. He had two questions where he hit on the fact that he believes what is making the team look soft is the fact that they are confused. I hate to hear that but it's probably the truth if he's saying it. I'm not sure how in year two that can be the case because it shouldn't be in my mind but I'm not a coach either. He also made no bones about it and said that falls squarely on the coaching staff to make sure they are confident in the plays.

In Matt's opinion he said when they are confused they can't go hard so they are sluggish. He mentioned that Dan's offense was not as complex and we did not run a ton of plays. He figured out what few plays we could run really good and we ran them, said Dan was good at trimming the excess out and only using the plays that the team knew exactly what they were doing. What that did was it made us very consistent, we didn't have many lows like losing to south alabama but we also didn't have many highs like beating lsu. So he's basically saying it was the "safe" route, if our talent was better than yours we would line up and win the game.

He mentioned that we never laid the haymaker on bama like ole piss did. Talked about the fact that at some point the only way for the young guys to learn is to run these plays in real games. I just hate to continue to "experiment" and lose games we shouldn't and I'm sure many of you agree with that. At some point you do what you have to do to win games and I know Joe was hired to run his offense but he was also hired to win games. If that means tailoring the offense to our strengths then that is what you have to do until you're able to get your guys in.

With Joe we are taking our lumps trying to run this other offense. I'm just as pissed as all of you but I still think if we are ever going to get over this hump we have to be able to throw the ball. That is not to say that Joe is the guy to take us there. There's certainly issues and he's lost the fans confidence that he can fix them and losing games he shouldn't in the mean time. This mess about State is and always will be a running team is hog wash. Can't never could.... #HailState

Todd4State
10-15-2019, 11:35 AM
And how does that explain the sluggishness on defense?

NCDawg
10-15-2019, 11:40 AM

Agree. We couldn't get a stop against TN when we had closed the game to 13-10 in the 4th quarter. We let them drive it 90 yards for a TD to put the game out of reach. Missed tackles all over the field.

Maverick
10-15-2019, 11:43 AM

I got nothing on that but I think most would agree we knew we were going to be different on defense this year and the suspensions made it that much worse. The defense wasn't the problem this weekend though, the offense was. Yes, they gave up the 90 yard drive and didn't give us a shot at the end but they gave us a shot for the whole rest of the game and all the offense could muster up is 10 points vs a garbage UT team. Our defense stayed on the field and our offense couldn't sustain drives. Heck they picked the ball off right at the beginning when our offense and special teams shit the bed....

TrapGame
10-15-2019, 11:53 AM
Matt Wyatt is employed by Mississippi State University. He's going to give the company line. In November when Matt is whistling a different tune on his show you'll know the university has okayed him to prepare everyone for the inevitable.

Pollodawg
10-15-2019, 12:04 PM
Yes, Dan’s offense is incredibly simple and almost athletic QB can run it. Literally, you read the DE.

He collapses inside, QB pulls the ball out of the back’s belly and keeps. He plays the edge, RB keeps. That’s the main read in his offense.

The passing game is really just a wrinkle added onto that simple truth.

And it works......A press conference, no matter how sad, doesn’t change the fact that Joe is not cut out for here. I can try real hard. I can be sad. I’ll never be Brad Pitt. I’m off the fence, ne’er to return.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
10-15-2019, 12:08 PM
Matt Wyatt is employed by Mississippi State University. He's going to give the company line. In November when Matt is whistling a different tune on his show you'll know the university has okayed him to prepare everyone for the inevitable.

Agreed. Listening to the radio broadcast was painful this week. Lots of excuses.

gtowndawg
10-15-2019, 12:12 PM
Yes, Dan’s offense is incredibly simple and almost athletic QB can run it. Literally, you read the DE.

He collapses inside, QB pulls the ball out of the back’s belly and keeps. He plays the edge, RB keeps. That’s the main read in his offense.

The passing game is really just a wrinkle added onto that simple truth.

And it works......A press conference, no matter how sad, doesn’t change the fact that Joe is not cut out for here. I can try real hard. I can be said. I’ll never be Brad Pitt. I’m off the fence, ne’er to return.

I agree. We're just wishing at this point. That's all it is. There's no real plan here, we're just crossing our fingers, closing our eyes and wishing. Spoiler alert...life doesn't work like that. When you're not prepared and not sure what to do, things don't work out. That's why we are in this boat. We need to man up, say we screwed up and move on to a real coach with a real plan.

Coursesuper
10-15-2019, 12:23 PM

Finally!!!! Someone else has figured out what the FAN MEDIA is used for. Their job is to pass along the information that the athletic department wants to the fanbase to see, period. I am hopeful that this episode will open eyes here to what Rosey, Murray, Gene, Wyatt and the rest of them are used for.

Coach007
10-15-2019, 12:44 PM
So, yesterdays presser was different. I have to give the guy some props, in my opinion it took some balls to come out and say the stuff he said. Not many coaches lay it out like that and are brutally honest. Usually it's just the typical coach speak. Geeze, I so wish the damn guy would just work out but I like most of you now have my doubts and am quite frankly done. Jomo as a person is very likable but Jomo as a coach will make you pull your hair out. Unfortunately for him personality doesn't win football games and that is what he was hired to do.

Matt had some good points yesterday on his show. He had two questions where he hit on the fact that he believes what is making the team look soft is the fact that they are confused. I hate to hear that but it's probably the truth if he's saying it. I'm not sure how in year two that can be the case because it shouldn't be in my mind but I'm not a coach either. He also made no bones about it and said that falls squarely on the coaching staff to make sure they are confident in the plays.

In Matt's opinion he said when they are confused they can't go hard so they are sluggish. He mentioned that Dan's offense was not as complex and we did not run a ton of plays. He figured out what few plays we could run really good and we ran them, said Dan was good at trimming the excess out and only using the plays that the team knew exactly what they were doing. What that did was it made us very consistent, we didn't have many lows like losing to south alabama but we also didn't have many highs like beating lsu. So he's basically saying it was the "safe" route, if our talent was better than yours we would line up and win the game.

He mentioned that we never laid the haymaker on bama like ole piss did. Talked about the fact that at some point the only way for the young guys to learn is to run these plays in real games. I just hate to continue to "experiment" and lose games we shouldn't and I'm sure many of you agree with that. At some point you do what you have to do to win games and I know Joe was hired to run his offense but he was also hired to win games. If that means tailoring the offense to our strengths then that is what you have to do until you're able to get your guys in.

With Joe we are taking our lumps trying to run this other offense. I'm just as pissed as all of you but I still think if we are ever going to get over this hump we have to be able to throw the ball. That is not to say that Joe is the guy to take us there. There's certainly issues and he's lost the fans confidence that he can fix them and losing games he shouldn't in the mean time. This mess about State is and always will be a running team is hog wash. Can't never could.... #HailState

This is what we have been saying. The next step is not running the same offense Mullen was doing. So we hired a guy with a better offense. Despite what people are saying, it's not the same offense.

And I'm fine with that so long as we are not dropping off the face of the planet in the process.

Coach007
10-15-2019, 12:46 PM

- Youth at DT forces
- LBs to play different schemes
- and the DBs to cover longer.
- and that allows for bigger scramble plays too.

In 2 games I watch Emerson blow coverage for scores. That's youth.

Coach007
10-15-2019, 12:53 PM
Agree. We couldn't get a stop against TN when we had closed the game to 13-10 in the 4th quarter. We let them drive it 90 yards for a TD to put the game out of reach. Missed tackles all over the field.

How do you explain Mullen in year 8 allowing:

- Umass 35
- BYU 28
- UK 40
- Samford 41
- Ark 58

We are rebuilding that defense and again.. 2009, 2011, 2013, 2016... and now 2019. That was the Mullen cycle of recruiting and the drop offs. In every one of those years we had to win either the last game... or the last 2 games to make a bowl. In 2016, we made a bowl by luck..... with a losing record. And we would have been beaten by a lowly Miami of Oh who made it within FG range for a last play kick... and we had to block it.

I get people are upset, but we are acting as if we never had a soft team in a transition period or rebuild. You need to look at what is coming in and what we have and the offense that can be.

You want to see true underachieving ... Mark Richt every year with TOP talent.

Coach007
10-15-2019, 12:56 PM
And it works......A press conference, no matter how sad, doesn’t change the fact that Joe is not cut out for here. I can try real hard. I can be sad. I’ll never be Brad Pitt. I’m off the fence, ne’er to return.

It does? 2009, 2011,2013,2016 and I'm not even going to bring in other years... those alone . So 4 out of 9 years we had to win the last game or 2 to make a bowl. It works, but it's not next level.

The AD did not want to keep the status quo.... he wants improvement.

Really Clark?
10-15-2019, 12:58 PM
How do you explain Mullen in year 8 allowing:

- Umass 35
- BYU 28
- UK 40
- Samford 41
- Ark 58

We are rebuilding that defense and again.. 2009, 2011, 2013, 2016... and now 2019. That was the Mullen cycle of recruiting and the drop offs. In every one of those years we had to win either the last game... or the last 2 games to make a bowl. In 2016, we made a bowl by luck..... with a losing record. And we would have been beaten by a lowly Miami of Oh who made it within FG range for a last play kick... and we had to block it.

I get people are upset, but we are acting as if we never had a soft team in a transition period or rebuild. You need to look at what is coming in and what we have and the offense that can be.

You want to see true underachieving ... Mark Richt every year with TOP talent.

2016 was our first attempt to transition to a 3 down front look (that takes a period of adjustment) and Peter Sirmon was horrific (and bad at Louisville as well) and was told he was gone by mid-season.

Pollodawg
10-15-2019, 01:11 PM
It does? 2009, 2011,2013,2016 and I'm not even going to bring in other years... those alone . So 4 out of 9 years we had to win the last game or 2 to make a bowl. It works, but it's not next level.

The AD did not want to keep the status quo.... he wants improvement.

Yes. Mullen’s offense worked. It set records here. It gave us the best stretch in program history. If you honestly think Moorhead’s offense is in the same galaxy as Mullen’s, you’re stupid. You honest-to-God think his offense didn’t work. The motha17er set records year 17in one. He gave us our best player in school history.

Lemme give you some background.

KSU’s recruiting ranks are an average 50 spots lower than ours. They manhandled us AT HOME this season. It wasn’t a fluke like SA. It was an ass whipping.

Iowa’s recruiting ranks 20 spots on average below ours.

Both of those teams kicked our ass. Not flukes.

Mike drop. Head shot. GTFO.

Coach007
10-15-2019, 01:14 PM
2016 was our first attempt to transition to a 3 down front look (that takes a period of adjustment) and Peter Sirmon was horrific (and bad at Louisville as well) and was told he was gone by mid-season.

Good thing we have Shoop then. Because he moved the team to a 4-3 and had a better defense. Works both ways. Same as offense.

Like I said... no excuses for that performance on Sat. But we have been here before and we are trying to advance the program past the mullen "we have been here before" seasons. That starts with training a proven offense , consistency in recruiting, and weeding out the coaches not doing their jobs as well as players not performing up to standards.

Personally, I think the defense has done well with all facts considered. I also think the offense has shown improvements except for Saturday. Dropped passes have been lower. Mitchell is way improved and the level of understand the offense is better than last year. We just have been hit with OL injuries and QB injuries. Shrader was still limping vs UT.

In other words, it's year 2 of a system change with a NEW Qb in his first year in it. It might as well be year one.

confucius say
10-15-2019, 01:16 PM
Wyatt is not employed by MSU

timotheus
10-15-2019, 01:17 PM
JoMo is just like the guy who's been arrested for a serious crime and has just been indicted. He knows he's going away for a long long time and he finds the Lord. That's what JoMo basically opened up about yesterday folks. He's a cooked goose. I'll watch and wait if Cohen holds off and lets him go 2-10 next season and then both Cohen and JoMo the guru both leave at the same time.

timotheus
10-15-2019, 01:23 PM
Good thing we have Shoop then. Because he moved the team to a 4-3 and had a better defense. Works both ways. Same as offense.

Like I said... no excuses for that performance on Sat. But we have been here before and we are trying to advance the program past the mullen "we have been here before" seasons. That starts with training a proven offense , consistency in recruiting, and weeding out the coaches not doing their jobs as well as players not performing up to standards.

Personally, I think the defense has done well with all facts considered. I also think the offense has shown improvements except for Saturday. Dropped passes have been lower. Mitchell is way improved and the level of understand the offense is better than last year. We just have been hit with OL injuries and QB injuries. Shrader was still limping vs UT.

In other words, it's year 2 of a system change with a NEW Qb in his first year in it. It might as well be year one.

We haven't had near enuf O line injuries for that to even be an issue. Hell, they are all too heavy and a step slow. QB injury my ass, Stevens was soft at PSU and never saw the field and that's why he is performing that way at MSU. He does know the O but he waits too long to release the ball and the rest of the time he's being soft and abandoning the pocket. That is why Shrader is a better option simply due to the fact that he can get several yards on a busted play and 65% of our offensive plays are pure busts. 007, you are a smart dude*** explain to me why KT wears that red cap and sits on the bench . Is he a vital part of the team or is he being crapped on like aeries willams and nick gibson? I'll wait.....

Coach007
10-15-2019, 01:24 PM
Yes. Mullen’s offense worked. It set records here. It gave us the best stretch in program history. If you honestly think Moorhead’s offense is in the same galaxy as Mullen’s, you’re stupid. You honest-to-God think his offense didn’t work. The motha17er set records year 17in one. He gave us our best player in school history.

-Setting records at MS ST by players was not hard to do considering our past. PERIOD.
-20 years ago, there were not 40 bowl games. period. there were 19 in 1990. 2010.. 35 bowls. It is a little easier.. as in go bowling with a LOSING season.
- JWS had as many winning seasons.

I don't think it works with our level of talent to get to the next level.... NOPE.

KSU’s recruiting ranks are an average 50 spots lower than ours. They manhandled us AT HOME this season. It wasn’t a fluke like SA. It was an ass whipping.

And in 2016, South Alabama beat us. Care to gues what their recruiting ranking was? Same year, Ark beat us at home... We can do this all day man.

SO again.... 2009, 2011,2013,2016... all due to recruiting and a pattern that Moorhead has to break us out of if we are to be consistent from year to year.

Was our bowl appearance with a losing record one of his crowning achievements and record set?

Homedawg
10-15-2019, 01:25 PM

The qb he started sat is in year 4 of the jomo offense. We were told by you and others, when he gets his qb the offense will click. Didn't happen. The line is in year 2, we have plenty of talent and they've gone backwards. And I mean during the year, not from last year. Why??? You can kiss his ass and make excuses all you want. We can't get 300 yards. It's a joke. If it takes 3-4 years to pick up and offense and you only have players for 4, how in the hell is it ever supposed to work?? Im sure you'll be back next tues w another set of excuses after the throttling we take this weekend.

timotheus
10-15-2019, 01:28 PM
Okay JoMo, I mean 007, what will our record be this season and then go ahead and tell me what our record will be next year as well. Do u think JoMo wins more than 2 next year with this flag footaball scheme offense? I'll wait.....

Pollodawg
10-15-2019, 01:29 PM
-Setting records at MS ST by players was not hard to do considering our past. PERIOD.
-20 years ago, there were not 40 bowl games. period. there were 19 in 1990. 2010.. 35 bowls. It is a little easier.. as in go bowling with a LOSING season.
- JWS had as many winning seasons.

I don't think it works with our level of talent to get to the next level.... NOPE.

And in 2016, South Alabama beat us. Care to gues what their recruiting ranking was? Same year, Ark beat us at home... We can do this all day man.

SO again.... 2009, 2011,2013,2016... all due to recruiting and a pattern that Moorhead has to break us out of if we are to be consistent from year to year.

Was our bowl appearance with a losing record one of his crowning achievements and record set?
Losing to teams beneath us is an excellent way to elevate the program. Got me there.

Dudes a bust. Deal with it.

Homedawg
10-15-2019, 01:29 PM
Oh and he's got us consistent alright, consistently going the wrong direction. Hell you threw a fit that we didn't play our suspended guys against auburn. Said, we can beat UT wo them. Well the one think joe guy right was to play them against ut and we still lost!!!! Smdh

Coach007
10-15-2019, 01:33 PM
We haven't had near enuf O line injuries for that to even be an issue. Hell, they are all too heavy and a step slow. QB injury my ass, Stevens was soft at PSU and never saw the field and that's why he is performing that way at MSU. He does know the O but he waits too long to release the ball and the rest of the time he's being soft and abandoning the pocket. That is why Shrader is a better option simply due to the fact that he can get several yards on a busted play and 65% of our offensive plays are pure busts. 007, you are a smart dude*** explain to me why KT wears that red cap and sits on the bench . Is he a vital part of the team or is he being crapped on like aeries willams and nick gibson? I'll wait.....

Yes we did. We had to pull a guy off the DL to have a back up.

- Was he injured or not. Was he completing 70% plus or not? Has he been the same since? He has held it to long some as he checks down. But he knows what's suppose to be where.. when it's not it's a check. Our RB got him killed some. On other things we still have people not making the proper routes. Shrader is the guy now. It's part of the process.

- Kt is done... I don't care. He made the choice to leave.... He also has been injured. I applaud the coach for working with KT and for doing what's best for HIS offense. It's what he was hired to do.

In the end Moorhead will get 1 more year and I suspect we will be improved.

cheewgumm
10-15-2019, 01:40 PM
He will get another year, For sure.

Hopefully he tightens things up.

If you are one who believes he just needs his QB, then you should be all for another year or two.

After all, Shrader is only a freshman... how much can we expect?
Next year he?ll be a true sophomore... that?s like a redshirt freshman... how much can you expect?
Plus we?ll lose Hill to NFL... what can really be expected without a top tier RB?
And out DL will still be young.... be patient.

Coach007
10-15-2019, 01:42 PM
The qb he started sat is in year 4 of the jomo offense. We were told by you and others, when he gets his qb the offense will click. Didn't happen. .

That was factual. He did great until getting injured. That's all that needs to be stated. He was 100% in the game until the injury. Prove me wrong on that.

The line is in year 2, we have plenty of talent and they've gone backwards.

No.. We have a talent gap as shown by recruiting and the W/L throughout Mullen's years. 2009, 2011,2013,2016 and 2019it's showing up for the last time. Why? because I believe Moorhead to be the better recruiter.

On offense, again, we just put a true Fr in at qb. It's his 1ST year in the system. It's pretty obvious. If this was year 4 ..5 or like with Mullen year 8 with these issues... I'd be pissed. It's not.

If it takes 3-4 years to pick up and offense and you only have players for 4, how in the hell is it ever supposed to work?? Im sure you'll be back next tues w another set of excuses after the throttling we take this weekend.

I didn't offere ANY excuses for this past weekend. I have been pretty vocal about there not being any excuses for what we saw. Huge difference in that and lacking understanding of why we are here and our history. Then acting as if we were something we were not PRIOR to Moorhead getting here.

Again, in his 8th year.. we went to a bowl with a losing record. in his 8th year! This man has not even completed year 2!

Coach007
10-15-2019, 01:44 PM
Losing to teams beneath us is an excellent way to elevate the program. Got me there.

Dudes a bust. Deal with it.

Yep.. Mullen sucked when he did that in year 8 and more. Really elevated our program right.

Really Clark?
10-15-2019, 01:45 PM

Not really and if you knew exactly what was going on you would know that the type of multiple scheme Sirmon ran vs the gap technique that Grantham ran with his base was an easier transition back to Shoop. Grantham and Shoop both also used a lot of hybrid 4-2-5 looks that the players were already accustomed too. So again, 2016 was bad bad coaching hire that we did not try to live with for another year. And we were very close to 8-9 wins in 2016 with the offense mounting come backs multiple times and a good win vs TX A & M. There was plenty to see that effort was still there and the team never quit on the coach

Coach007
10-15-2019, 01:48 PM
He will get another year, For sure.

Hopefully he tightens things up.

If you are one who believes he just needs his QB, then you should be all for another year or two.

After all, Shrader is only a freshman... how much can we expect?
Next year he?ll be a true sophomore... that?s like a redshirt freshman... how much can you expect?
Plus we?ll lose Hill to NFL... what can really be expected without a top tier RB?
And out DL will still be young.... be patient.

Yeah, I don't think it's just his QB.

To be clear..

- He's going to need 2 more QBs. If Shrader goes down... Somebody has to step in. We will need a transfer or something to give depth.
- Right now, he will have to follow Mullen's patern with a break from heavy JUCO. But with the Jucos coming in, our defense will be better over the next 2. 2016 was the same for the defense. Then the jucos came in (Sweat, Abrams...etc)
- We need more Wrs too.

This is a rebuild for his system.

cheewgumm
10-15-2019, 01:51 PM
007, if we are going to be fair, doesn?t it make sense that Joe should get 3 more years?

That way only his recruited players would be playing.

msugolf
10-15-2019, 02:05 PM
Yeah, I don't think it's just his QB.

To be clear..

- He's going to need 2 more QBs. If Shrader goes down... Somebody has to step in. We will need a transfer or something to give depth.
- Right now, he will have to follow Mullen's patern with a break from heavy JUCO. But with the Jucos coming in, our defense will be better over the next 2. 2016 was the same for the defense. Then the jucos came in (Sweat, Abrams...etc)
- We need more Wrs too.

This is a rebuild for his system.

Yeah let's just completely tear down the whole foundation and rebuild like we've just started a whole new football program.

It's like working with mercury. It's high science man.
You went full retard. Never go full retard man

Negative Waves
10-15-2019, 02:07 PM
What really concerns me is that Joe appears to have lost the locker room, and that to me would be the hardest part to regain if he is to get the program back on track. I'm hoping Schrader is able to put the team on his back and carry it through the season, but that is a lot to ask for a freshman. I think he'll get one more year even if we go 4-8, but it wouldn't surprise me if he gets fired mid-season next year if the situation doesn't improve.

Coach007
10-15-2019, 02:13 PM
007, if we are going to be fair, doesn?t it make sense that Joe should get 3 more years?

That way only his recruited players would be playing.

I don't think so. I think that we should see improvements. At this point, I think we are at a bare bone situation with talent. Things have to move forward. Even next year. With as much young talent playing early and jucos coming in.... We should see it improve. I don't need 3 more years to see if we are taking steps forward. I would think we need to see a sizable improvement next year for him to get year 4.

New Mexico, NC State, Ark and Tulane ALL have to be wins with TAMU coming in. That's just me

Coach007
10-15-2019, 02:16 PM
Yeah let's just completely tear down the whole foundation and rebuild like we've just started a whole new football program.

It's like working with mercury. It's high science man.
You went full retard. Never go full retard man

You are rebuilding like it or not. This isn't Mullen's offense and it was never meant to be. It was meant to take us to another level. Maintaining ******* status quo isn't enough.

dawgday166
10-15-2019, 02:17 PM
I understand that confusion can make guys seem slow and do take that into account but the softness is not easily explained by just that. We are soft ... period.

Mo Excuses. Mo, Mo, Mo.

Pollodawg
10-15-2019, 02:18 PM
Yep.. Mullen sucked when he did that in year 8 and more. Really elevated our program right.

Care to compare Mullen’s winning percentage verses teams he was favored against to Moorhead’s?

Pollodawg
10-15-2019, 02:19 PM
You are rebuilding like it or not. This isn't Mullen's offense and it was never meant to be. It was meant to take us to another level. Maintaining ******* status quo isn't enough.

So, setting the program back a decade is the plan? I have no idea why you can’t just admit that dude’s been a bust.

Pollodawg
10-15-2019, 02:23 PM
Oh, and when the best player on your team is checking Facebook and Twitter at halftime, that’s called checked out. This team has checked out.

dawgday166
10-15-2019, 02:25 PM
Oh, and when the best player on your team is checking Facebook and Twitter at halftime, that’s called checked out. This team has checked out.

By even letting your players do this is promoting ... softness.

Coach007
10-15-2019, 02:27 PM
Care to compare Mullen’s winning percentage verses teams he was favored against to Moorhead’s?

I don't care to do any of that. I know that out of Mullen's 9 years he had to win either the last game or the last 2 games to make a bowl.. and made one with a losing season.

I don't care about the "favored". Moorhead also won against Auburn and we were NOT favored in that game. The truth is he is where he is due to a system change that he was hired to bring to Ms St. He's going to do that or he should be fired. He wasn't going to do it with the QB he had, nor the QB s that Mullen sought. And HE STILL IS KEEPING the status quo of Mullen.

dawgday166
10-15-2019, 02:31 PM
I don't care to do any of that. I know that out of Mullen's 9 years he had to win either the last game or the last 2 games to make a bowl.. and made one with a losing season.

I don't care about the "favored". Moorhead also won against Auburn and we were NOT favored in that game. The truth is he is where he is due to a system change that he was hired to bring to Ms St. He's going to do that or he should be fired. He wasn't going to do it with the QB he had, nor the QB s that Mullen sought. And HE STILL IS KEEPING the status quo of Mullen.

You sound like a JoMo press conference. Hmmmm.

Maroonthirteen
10-15-2019, 02:32 PM

Regardless, I thought his Monday show pulled no punches and he laid it out as he saw it.

What I took from the show.... the offense is confused (makes sense because of all the turnovers). The defense is young. Makes sense too.

After watching a few JoMos YouTube?s and clinics with the press this summer, The offense is obviously too complicated. There are too many reads.

Coach007
10-15-2019, 02:35 PM
Regardless, I thought his Monday show pulled no punches and he laid it out as he saw it.

What I took from the show.... the offense is confused (makes sense because of all the turnovers). The defense is young. Makes sense too.

After watching a few JoMos YouTube?s and clinics with the press this summer, The offense is obviously too complicated. There are too many reads.

Then many of our WRs should not expect to make it to the next level, and we should always expect to NOT get any decent WRs.

dawgday166
10-15-2019, 02:38 PM
You sound like a JoMo press conference. Hmmmm.

Just to add something Joe007. Shouldn't you be reviewing some game videos or game planning for LSU. Or figuring out how to make our team tougher. Or are you gonna keep selling us a used car that runs like shit.

Homedawg
10-15-2019, 02:43 PM

Of course you don't care about any of that. Because it will kill your hopes. It's not that we lost A game when we were favored it's that we lost so many games against shitty teams when we were favored in a year and a half. Facts are facts.

TrapGame
10-15-2019, 02:48 PM

So he calls football games on Saturdays for the hell of it? MSU doesn't cut him a check for his time and effort?

Matt Wyatt is not going to say one ill word against MSU or one of her coaches unless he is told it's okay.

Maroonthirteen
10-15-2019, 02:54 PM
Then many of our WRs should not expect to make it to the next level, and we should always expect to NOT get any decent WRs.

The fact OM has put many WR in the NFL as of late suggest you can run a simple system. Also NFL players have an infinite amount of time to learn an offense as compared to colleges limited practice time.

Coursesuper
10-15-2019, 03:00 PM
Of course you don't care about any of that. Because it will kill your hopes. It's not that we lost A game when we were favored it's that we lost so many games against shitty teams when we were favored in a year and a half. Facts are facts.

The only ?facts? that matter are the ones that he manufactured to back up his bullshit hypothesis.

BrunswickDawg
10-15-2019, 03:29 PM
Just to add something Joe007. Shouldn't you be reviewing some game videos or game planning for LSU. Or figuring out how to make our team tougher. Or are you gonna keep selling us a used car that runs like shit.

He's too busy with his day job for that:

https://i.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/original/000/004/130/bagdad-bob.gif

timotheus
10-15-2019, 03:30 PM
we will not beat NC state, tulane or A&M next season with JoMo still here so this 007coach guy can move in with JoMo and have a safe space. The guy couldn't motivate a soul because he thinks reason and dialogue will get a kid hyped up. Dam, this ain't the NE United States we are dealing with. The players we have need some n yo face encouragement and Joe hasn't a clue. I'm still sticking with him beating Abilene this year and then going 2-10 next year. Is that what u think coach007?

Coach007
10-15-2019, 03:32 PM

No.. it doens't. Making a bowl game with 5-7 is no different than making it with 6-6. You would be comparing a person who coached for 9 years at Ms ST to a guy who has not finished his 2nd season.

In the end, at this level it is the amount of wins, and bowling. And so far, he is doing as well as Mullen and is transitioning to his offense.

Both you and Dawg166 should take me up on my only ban bet. Add Trapgame and Coursesuper too.

timotheus
10-15-2019, 03:33 PM
Predict our record this year as well as next year then or be banned. I think you are as loony as JoMo. Come on man.

Homedawg
10-15-2019, 03:42 PM
No.. it doens't. Making a bowl game with 5-7 is no different than making it with 6-6. You would be comparing a person who coached for 9 years at Ms ST to a guy who has not finished his 2nd season.

In the end, at this level it is the amount of wins, and bowling. And so far, he is doing as well as Mullen and is transitioning to his offense.

Both you and Dawg166 should take me up on my only ban bet. Add Trapgame and Coursesuper too.

one thing is for certain, we won't be able to compare Jomo's 9 year tenure to dan's bc jomo won't sniff making it that far. And what's the ban bet? haven't seen it. But I thought you didn't bet. Damn make up your mind

timotheus
10-15-2019, 03:45 PM
I still want this 007 character to tell me why Kt wears a red cap and sits alone on the bench.

confucius say
10-15-2019, 03:46 PM
So he calls football games on Saturdays for the hell of it? MSU doesn't cut him a check for his time and effort?

Matt Wyatt is not going to say one ill word against MSU or one of her coaches unless he is told it's okay.

Correct. MSU does not pay him for calling MSU games.

Also, not sure if you listened to his show, but he flat out said we looked slow, were out coached, and have regressed in several areas the last 6 weeks. What exactly would you like him to say?

Bothrops
10-15-2019, 03:47 PM
We have a soft practice MO within the program, it translates to game day. Until we make a 180? there, dont expect a damn thing to change.

Homedawg
10-15-2019, 03:55 PM

and as well as mullen, hmmm lets see, Dan's first year the lowest point total he was held to was 3 against bama. Nothing else below 15 and that was in a game we won. Then 24,26,31,19,41 all against ranked teams. Now, lets check out JOMO 7,6,23,3,0,28 against ranked teams. yeah looks about the same. smdh.........

HoopsDawg
10-15-2019, 03:56 PM
one thing is for certain, we won't be able to compare Jomo's 9 year tenure to dan's bc jomo won't sniff making it that far. And what's the ban bet? haven't seen it. But I thought you didn't bet. Damn make up your mind

Lol that you still engage this guy in conversation.

Homedawg
10-15-2019, 03:58 PM

Also, not sure if you listened to his show, but he flat out said we looked slow, were out coached, and have regressed in several areas the last 6 weeks. What exactly would you like him to say?

I don't know why you think he doesn't get paid but that's not accurate. Now if you are saying learfield pays him that would be accurate. But you are making it sound like he's doing it pro bono. If so, again, not true. And, ultimately, the University hires/approves all announcers, so they have to be somewhat careful in what they say. Somewhat.

Homedawg
10-15-2019, 03:59 PM
Lol that you still engage this guy in conversation.

I have to keep my skills sharp for beating my kids down w dumb stuff they say.........or try to get me to believe..... either way, like there are no purple unicorns.

TrapGame
10-15-2019, 04:05 PM

The truth. It's Joe.

Wyatt ain't gonna stray too far off the reservation. If he starts ramping up the Joe criticism he's getting the green light.

confucius say
10-15-2019, 04:24 PM
I don't know why you think he doesn't get paid but that's not accurate. Now if you are saying learfield pays him that would be accurate. But you are making it sound like he's doing it pro bono. If so, again, not true. And, ultimately, the University hires/approves all announcers, so they have to be somewhat careful in what they say. Somewhat.

I never said he does not get paid. I typed exactly what I meant in response to a poster who said Wyatt was an MSU employee who was paid by MSU for calling football games on Saturdays - Wyatt is not an employee of MSU and MSU does not pay him for calling football games.

Whether he is paid by Learfield-IMG was never brought up by said poster.

Also, MSU does not hire all announcers. MSU is involved in the process, but Learfield-IMG is the hiring entity.

Homedawg
10-15-2019, 04:28 PM
I am not making it sound like anything. I typed exactly what I meant in response to a poster who said Wyatt was an MSU employee who was paid by MSU for calling football games on Saturdays - Wyatt is not an employee of MSU and MSU does not pay him for calling football games.

The fact that he is paid by Learfield-IMG was never brought up by said poster. Also, MSU does not hire all announcers. MSU is involved in the process, but Learfield-IMG is the hiring entity.

That's why I asked if that's what you meant. And while they are the hiring entity, we can make sure they find the door. So it's not free reign of saying whatever they want.

dawgday166
10-15-2019, 04:30 PM
He's too busy with his day job for that:

https://i.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/original/000/004/130/bagdad-bob.gif

LOL.

War Machine Dawg
10-15-2019, 04:36 PM
If you’re going to Wyatt for hard hitting interviews or tough critiques of anyone at MSU, you’re going to be disappointed. Wyatt is employed by the university. He’s probably contractually prohibited from being overly critical of another MSU employee, much less saying that employee should be fired. I love the dude and he’s a great ambassador for us, but he’s never going to be a source of unbiased analysis and opinion when it comes to MSU. No point in worrying about what he says.