PDA

View Full Version : Screw it. I am still on the Moorhead train.

Lord McBuckethead
10-15-2019, 11:06 AM
We have to get the culture fixed. Lazy ass effort.
We have to be better prepared. Shitty situational awareness.
We can do it. It will be tough, but we can do it.

Don't be surprised if LSU blasts us.
Don't be surprised if aTm blasts us.
Bama, well they will be playing their 3rd string guys early in the second quarter.

The proof will be when we play Ark and UM.
The proof will be the intensity in which we play in every game moving forward.

It is time to mix up the starting lineup. It is time for prima donnas that don't run routes correctly or block correctly to ride the pine a moment. It is time to let Shrader get all the 1st team snaps. It is time for the OL to be put on notice. It is time for our linebackers to get with the program.

Moorhead has done nothing with our talent, nothing with our offense, nothing with our potential. I am sure after this weeks barrage of bullshit from our fanbase (which is/was definitely deserved) he gets it. He will either fold or get focused. Either way, his leadership/job/reputation is on the line. I am behind him until the bitter end because I want him and our athletes to succeed.

This boycott needs to stop and we all need to get on board with Moorhead. The dude needed the light bulb to come on. It better be blazing now.

Also, to whomever talked shit to Moorhead in front of his family, 17 you.... you piece of shit. If I saw you do this, I would have punched your classless asshole face. Talking about a coach on a message board is one thing, but bringing it up in public to his face is way out of line.

We are not good right now. We have terrible intensity and execution on the field. Lack of leadership from the coaches and the upper classmen. Get it fixed.

Really Clark?
10-15-2019, 11:22 AM

Bama, well they will be playing their 3rd string guys early in the second quarter.

It is time to mix up the starting lineup. It is time for prima donnas that don't run routes correctly or block correctly to ride the pine a moment. It is time to let Shrader get all the 1st team snaps. It is time for the OL to be put on notice. It is time for our linebackers to get with the program.

Moorhead has done nothing with our talent, nothing with our offense, nothing with our potential. I am sure after this weeks barrage of bullshit from our fanbase (which is/was definitely deserved) he gets it. He will either fold or get focused. Either way, his leadership/job/reputation is on the line. I am behind him until the bitter end because I want him and our athletes to succeed.

This boycott needs to stop and we all need to get on board with Moorhead. The dude needed the light bulb to come on. It better be blazing now.

Also, to whomever talked shit to Moorhead in front of his family, 17 you.... you piece of shit. If I saw you do this, I would have punched your classless asshole face. Talking about a coach on a message board is one thing, but bringing it up in public to his face is way out of line.

We are not good right now. We have terrible intensity and execution on the field. Lack of leadership from the coaches and the upper classmen. Get it fixed.

He has done nothing in a year in a half and yet you are sticking with him and think that he now finally gets it? All the things you listed that needs to be fixed are things from the HC that hasn’t been addressed in 19 games. He can’t fix it now because it’s not who he is. Maybe a bandaid patch at best but he let things go too far too long that the players won’t believe in a drastic change of who he is. You can’t be Mr Rogers for 19 games then try to be R Lee Ermey from Full Metal Jacket. Players won’t believe it or him. Accountability in nearly every aspect of the program has been thrown away and you can’t turn a switch on and have the players buy into it

msstate7
10-15-2019, 11:24 AM
Your great, great, great grand daddy was the one playing the violin as the titanic sunk

Homedawg
10-15-2019, 11:25 AM
I think everyone WANTS him to succeed. Nothing wrong w wanting or wishing to win. But, it's quite apparent that's not going to happen.

StarkVegasSteve
10-15-2019, 11:39 AM
I think everyone WANTS him to succeed. Nothing wrong w wanting or wishing to win. But, it's quite apparent that's not going to happen.

This is the truth. I always want any MSU coach to succeed to the highest level, but I also want what's best for the future of the program and unless he's get this thing turned around FAST he's not what's best for the program and we'll have to move on.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
10-15-2019, 11:48 AM
This is the truth. I always want any MSU coach to succeed to the highest level, but I also want what's best for the future of the program and unless he's get this thing turned around FAST he's not what's best for the program and we'll have to move on.

Agree on all points. It took 9 years to get out of the SEC West cellar and I don't want to go back there again. There has to be a sense of urgency. Another year of this and Arky and ole miss are gaining even more ground. We beat Arky by 40 points last year and now it looks like a pickem. How in the hell did the gap close so fast?

BeastMan
10-15-2019, 11:57 AM
Culture is established the day you walk in the door, not 18 months in after it’s the wild west in the program

Todd4State
10-15-2019, 11:59 AM

Yeah the sympathy card is being played right now by Joe. That typically means “feel sorry for me because I can’t fix it”.

TheLostDawg
10-15-2019, 12:01 PM
Agreed. I'm always going to pull for State. I hope Moorhead turns out around. I'm also for letting him go if he doesn't. It would be great if we kept him and got his offense going. I just don't think it's going to happen. I'll continue going to every game but it's not because I believe in him. It's because I support the school an do want recruits to come to State. You can hope for the best but you also need to be prepared to cut the line before it's too late.

Tbonewannabe
10-15-2019, 12:02 PM

I got the impression that his daughter overheard some guys talking in the stands. I don't think anyone went up to his daughter and said that to intentionally hurt her feelings. My wife mentioned it to me when I was at the game saying Stevens sucks and should be pulled. She said we didn't know if his family was in the stands. It could happen.

gtowndawg
10-15-2019, 12:02 PM
Your great, great, great grand daddy was the one playing the violin as the titanic sunk

I laughed.

StateDawg44
10-15-2019, 12:16 PM

I'm tired of thinking this week by week only to be duped again the following week...

I'll still watch us play but I won't make plans around games for the remainder of the year and won't invest any emotion or hope in our games until significant changes are clearly visible. Whether it's by this coaching staff or not. Just not excited about football now with the product we have on the field.

Agree on all points. It took 9 years to get out of the SEC West cellar and I don't want to go back there again. There has to be a sense of urgency. Another year of this and Arky and ole miss are gaining even more ground. We beat Arky by 40 points last year and now it looks like a pickem. How in the hell did the gap close so fast?

The gap closed that fast and Chad Morris hasn't improved Arky any notable metric either. That's the worst part.

Agreed. I'm always going to pull for State. I hope Moorhead turns out around. I'm also for letting him go if he doesn't. It would be great if we kept him and got his offense going. I just don't think it's going to happen. I'll continue going to every game but it's not because I believe in him. It's because I support the school an do want recruits to come to State. You can hope for the best but you also need to be prepared to cut the line before it's too late.

This is how the majority of people I've spoken to feel.

msbulldog
10-15-2019, 12:36 PM

Thank you Buckethead! He's our Coach and I will back him until he's not! HAIL STATE!

Dawgology
10-15-2019, 12:47 PM
Thank you Buckethead! He's our Coach and I will back him until he's not! HAIL STATE!

So you would back him even if he went 3-9/4-8 for the next few seasons? So you are saying the head coach position is bigger than our football program? Interesting take....

Dawg2003
10-15-2019, 12:54 PM
Culture is established the day you walk in the door, not 18 months in after it’s the wild west in the program

That's true. You can't go back and change who you are. Players don't take it seriously. I learned this when I taught school for a short time. You can't come in wanting to be the teacher everyone loves and then turn into a hard nosed disciplinarian in the middle of the year. The kids won't take you seriously.

Dawg2003
10-15-2019, 12:55 PM
Yeah the sympathy card is being played right now by Joe. That typically means “feel sorry for me because I can’t fix it”.

I think he could also be trying to paint us as these mean ole fans, which makes me mad.

msbulldog
10-15-2019, 12:58 PM
So you would back him even if he went 3-9/4-8 for the next few seasons? So you are saying the head coach position is bigger than our football program? Interesting take....

I will back him as long as he wears Mississippi State on his chest and trust the AD and the President to do what needs to be done, when it needs to be done. That's what THEY get paid to do.

timotheus
10-15-2019, 01:03 PM
He'd be a helluva flag football coach the way he diagrams the plays up to perfection with no calculation for the front 7 on the other side.

trojandawg
10-15-2019, 01:21 PM
He'd be a helluva flag football coach the way he diagrams the plays up to perfection with no calculation for the front 7 on the other side.

I think that is one of the biggest issues his offense has faced scheme other than the corner back talent in the SEC. i made this point before the season last year on SPS that i was not sure how his offense would translate to the SEC based on the things he had said about reads and going based on what the defense gives you. you basically have to have all start talent all over the offense to make it work and then against the speed of the SEC defenses and elite sec defensive coaches they will just throw a wrench into it everytime. he has no backup plan to scheme to get what he wants on the offense. if the defense wants you to pass, then guess what? you're leading rusher is going to get nothing all day with his scheme. he has no concept how to use all the skill player to assist in the run game like his predecessor and others we have played. you think he could have watched ULL some and though, hmm maybe that could work for us too.

Lord McBuckethead
10-15-2019, 01:43 PM
Here is the simple truth. We are all pulling for him to turn our entire team around. I am tired of seeing him fail to adjust week in and out. Unfortunately, our personnel at the moment is not going to allow him to turn the ship quickly. We just do not have the horses on defense...... but we do on offense. Our offense has 3 weeks to get an identity. If by the time we play Ark and UM, we do not have an identity that allows us to compete, don't even let him clean out his office. Moorhead has to be the one that does it. No one else can. Moorhead is coaching for his entire career the next 6 games. If not, he can go back to earning 700k as an offensive coordinator somewhere. His tenure as HC isn't over, but damn man.... make some adjustments. Here are just a few of the adjustments on offense I would make...

1. Screen passes to Kylin and our WRs.
2. Use the jet sweep on every single play. Zuber and Guidry. make sure we have a TE trailing across the middle. Make them make a choice.
3. Call a play, let the qb change it or not at the line of scrimmage.... do not look back. Run the play with 20 on the clock following a first down. Have set check down plays ready at all times.
4. If you get the ball inside the 5 after a long play. line up and pound it in.
5. If I can guess your play call at home...... you are not doing a good job. We have ran the ball on like 89% of our 1st down plays.
6. Shrader gets every snap. We need to limit his called running plays and lets get him moving the pocket a little. OL sucks.

Oh and for the love of God, if a DE constantly is blowing up your Tackle, add a TE or RB to chip him. Shit.

Red Sox Dawg
10-15-2019, 02:10 PM
Here is the simple truth. We are all pulling for him to turn our entire team around. I am tired of seeing him fail to adjust week in and out. Unfortunately, our personnel at the moment is not going to allow him to turn the ship quickly. We just do not have the horses on defense...... but we do on offense. Our offense has 3 weeks to get an identity. If by the time we play Ark and UM, we do not have an identity that allows us to compete, don't even let him clean out his office. Moorhead has to be the one that does it. No one else can. Moorhead is coaching for his entire career the next 6 games. If not, he can go back to earning 700k as an offensive coordinator somewhere. His tenure as HC isn't over, but damn man.... make some adjustments. Here are just a few of the adjustments on offense I would make...

1. Screen passes to Kylin and our WRs.
2. Use the jet sweep on every single play. Zuber and Guidry. make sure we have a TE trailing across the middle. Make them make a choice.
3. Call a play, let the qb change it or not at the line of scrimmage.... do not look back. Run the play with 20 on the clock following a first down. Have set check down plays ready at all times.
4. If you get the ball inside the 5 after a long play. line up and pound it in.
5. If I can guess your play call at home...... you are not doing a good job. We have ran the ball on like 89% of our 1st down plays.
6. Shrader gets every snap. We need to limit his called running plays and lets get him moving the pocket a little. OL sucks.

Oh and for the love of God, if a DE constantly is blowing up your Tackle, add a TE or RB to chip him. Shit.

The last sentence is gold. Lol. Rep added.

dawgday166
10-15-2019, 02:19 PM
LOL ... The culture has to be fixed???

Joe created the current "culture" we have. He destroyed a really good culture that was in place already.

DeputyDawg94
10-15-2019, 02:29 PM

This is the kind of thinking that will put us right back on the bottom of the ladder with Vandy. It took a long time to climb that ladder, I?m not willing to purposely fall that far again. If joe stays we will get there quickly. We ain?t far as it is.

TrapGame
10-15-2019, 03:09 PM
LOL ... The culture has to be fixed???

Joe created the current "culture" we have. He destroyed a really good culture that was in place already.

This.

There wasn't a damn thing wrong with our "culture". And no one in the MSU media had the balls to ask him "Hey Joe, what do you mean by changing the culture around here?"

bobtail bob
10-15-2019, 03:22 PM
This.

There wasn't a damn thing wrong with our "culture". And no one in the MSU media had the balls to ask him "Hey Joe, what do you mean by changing the culture around here?"

timotheus
10-15-2019, 03:40 PM
He has no idea what culture even means. He had success by calling random plays and gets in the SEC where game prep and film review is required and he's in over his head. I wonder how many of the actual big money boosters want JoMo to attempt to lead the team next year and go 2-10 and just sit there and smile and fart as he builds his team up?