PDA

View Full Version : SloMoJo tugging on the heartstrings to curry sympathy

Indndawg
10-15-2019, 10:56 AM
If it happened then its wrong, but this is politician-like deflection. Dude your paid 2.7 mill. suck it up.

bluelightstar
10-15-2019, 11:01 AM
The overwhelming reaction I'm seeing is that this *did not* go over well with the masses.

Cooterpoot
10-15-2019, 11:02 AM
He was being honest. What you want the man to say? He knows the situation.

Lord McBuckethead
10-15-2019, 11:10 AM

Exactly. It was an honest statement of the truth of SEC coaching lives. Whomever did this, should be punched in the face. That is taking it to him on a personal level, and that shit is not needed or should be supported in anyway. It has to be very tough on an 18 year old student dealing with this on campus. Everyone is talking shit, every way they can. Truth is, SEC football is about winning and competing. If you don't win, you better look respectable in the loss. People go off the edge if you follow up Auburn with the UT shitfest.

All that said, saying things in public to the coach is bullshit and ugly.

MadDawg
10-15-2019, 11:10 AM
The overwhelming reaction I'm seeing is that this *did not* go over well with the masses.

Always keep in mind the most vocal is usually the minority.

HereComesTheSpiral
10-15-2019, 11:13 AM
Always keep in mind the most vocal is usually the minority.

And the dumbest.

Todd4State
10-15-2019, 11:13 AM

It’s more like what he shouldn’t have said.

bluelightstar
10-15-2019, 11:20 AM
Exactly. It was an honest statement of the truth of SEC coaching lives. Whomever did this, should be punched in the face. That is taking it to him on a personal level, and that shit is not needed or should be supported in anyway. It has to be very tough on an 18 year old student dealing with this on campus. Everyone is talking shit, every way they can. Truth is, SEC football is about winning and competing. If you don't win, you better look respectable in the loss. People go off the edge if you follow up Auburn with the UT shitfest.

All that said, saying things in public to the coach is bullshit and ugly.

But did that happen? He said his daughter heard people in the stands saying "Moorhead sucks." That's pretty tame stuff in an SEC football stadium.

Homedawg
10-15-2019, 11:23 AM
If it happened then its wrong, but this is politician-like deflection. Dude your paid 2.7 mill. suck it up.

correction- $3.05 this year w a 100k increase each of the next 3 years.

MetEdDawg
10-15-2019, 11:24 AM

I think this is a shit take. We think as a society that people making a crap ton of money means they should be able to be ridiculed without any care about how people feel. I think that's pretty shitty honestly.

Anyone that has a daughter on this board knows what the hell I'm talking about too. Daughter comes crying to you about that and it doesn't tug at you a little bit then you aren't doing life correctly.

We can be mad that he's not doing well, but if you don't have a little sympathy then you need to re-evaluate your priorities.

Cooterpoot
10-15-2019, 11:26 AM
It’s more like what he shouldn’t have said.

How’s it a problem? He was open and honest. You prefer the normal coach speech of “we’ll clean it up and be great”? He knows this job isn’t for him. He knows he’s going to either quit or get fired. The fact sorry people are acting a fool is the problem. Not him mentioning it. Our football program has largely been trash. He’s following up the best coach most of us have seen. We can talk about his coaching all day, but the other is a bad look. I don’t care how you feel. There are limits.

Maverick
10-15-2019, 11:36 AM
The guy said what he said and it sucks that some fans act they way they do at times. Yes he is making money and yes you have to have thick skin to be an SEC head coach but that doesn't excuse any of it. I don't think he brought it up to tug at any hearts because he followed it up by saying they were right, I did suck. He was brutally honest yesterday, more than you'll ever get out of most any other coach. I hate to hear that's the kind of junk going on because I don't want to see State where UT is....

R2Dawg
10-15-2019, 11:37 AM

First, If it happened it shouldn't have. That is not the way anyone needs to act. That said in the position he is in, you will have a few in any fanbase of thousands that will act like jerks. Surprised he is not aware of that considering the position he has.

Second, I don't think Joe should bring that up at press conf. That is not the action of MSU family but his comment has made the entire MSU family look bad. Not the first time he has not put MSU first.

Third, Joe needs to toughen up. Can you imagine Saban saying something like that or any SEC coach? I went to school and my dad was a principal in the county school system. I caught crap and even bullied by high schoolers as a youngster all the time but no one cried about it. The MSU folks are taking it on the chin every day right now with insults, laughing, etc. Joe needs to toughen up and take this to the field and his team to do something about it.

Coach007
10-15-2019, 12:26 PM

And we paid Mullen how much more for less results in Mullen's 8th year. MAYBE our fans need to suck it up for another season.

Coursesuper
10-15-2019, 12:29 PM
And we paid Mullen how much more for less results in Mullen's 8th year. MAYBE our fans need to suck it up for another season.

Double Naught go ahead and admit it, you are Rosey.

Coach007
10-15-2019, 12:30 PM
First, If it happened it shouldn't have. That is not the way anyone needs to act. That said in the position he is in, you will have a few in any fanbase of thousands that will act like jerks. Surprised he is not aware of that considering the position he has.

Second, I don't think Joe should bring that up at press conf. That is not the action of MSU family but his comment has made the entire MSU family look bad. Not the first time he has not put MSU first.

Third, Joe needs to toughen up. Can you imagine Saban saying something like that or any SEC coach? I went to school and my dad was a principal in the county school system. I caught crap and even bullied by high schoolers as a youngster all the time but no one cried about it. The MSU folks are taking it on the chin every day right now with insults, laughing, etc. Joe needs to toughen up and take this to the field and his team to do something about it.

Bass Awards....

- Moorhead protecting his family is being a man.
- The actions of a few made the WHOLE of the MSU family look bad. Not the other way around.
- Saban did crawl the people about his family.

Coach007
10-15-2019, 12:37 PM
Double Naught go ahead and admit it, you are Rosey.

NAH! I will go ahead with truth. I like it a lot better. 2016, in his 8th year, we went to a bowl by shear luck that there was not another team available. We had a LOSING record of 4-7 and had to beat Ole Miss and have all the stars line up just right.

This is Moorhead's second season. and he is dealing with things that are factual.

- Poor recruiting by past staff.... and it reared it's head every 2 to 3 years here and Mullen would be doing the same thing if still here... dealing with his own gaps.
- Starting QB out
- OL injuries...

etc.. Somethings are beyond today's control. But he, so far, is doing what Mullen did for less money and those are all facts.

It's also fact that what we saw vs UT is NOT acceptable. Period. And it's the admins job to say that to him and find out what the plan is to not see that again.

Really Clark?
10-15-2019, 12:41 PM

Did Mullen bring up the dog cussing he was getting in the stands in a press conference? No we don’t need to suck it up to demand a better, accountable, disciplined, well coached team. Mullen told Sirmon he was gone mid season in 2016, so he at least did the right thing a cut bait with the coach who did not install and teach the defense and didn’t tell the fans to suck it up for another year or two

DeputyDawg94
10-15-2019, 12:48 PM
The guy said what he said and it sucks that some fans act they way they do at times. Yes he is making money and yes you have to have thick skin to be an SEC head coach but that doesn't excuse any of it. I don't think he brought it up to tug at any hearts because he followed it up by saying they were right, I did suck. He was brutally honest yesterday, more than you'll ever get out of most any other coach. I hate to hear that's the kind of junk going on because I don't want to see State where UT is....
We are already there.

msbulldog
10-15-2019, 12:49 PM
I think this is a shit take. We think as a society that people making a crap ton of money means they should be able to be ridiculed without any care about how people feel. I think that's pretty shitty honestly.

Anyone that has a daughter on this board knows what the hell I'm talking about too. Daughter comes crying to you about that and it doesn't tug at you a little bit then you aren't doing life correctly.

We can be mad that he's not doing well, but if you don't have a little sympathy then you need to re-evaluate your priorities.

Thank you! +1

Coursesuper
10-15-2019, 01:00 PM
NAH! I will go ahead with truth. I like it a lot better. 2016, in his 8th year, we went to a bowl by shear luck that there was not another team available. We had a LOSING record of 4-7 and had to beat Ole Miss and have all the stars line up just right.

This is Moorhead's second season. and he is dealing with things that are factual.

- Poor recruiting by past staff.... and it reared it's head every 2 to 3 years here and Mullen would be doing the same thing if still here... dealing with his own gaps.
- Starting QB out
- OL injuries...

etc.. Somethings are beyond today's control. But he, so far, is doing what Mullen did for less money and those are all facts.

It's also fact that what we saw vs UT is NOT acceptable. Period. And it's the admins job to say that to him and find out what the plan is to not see that again.

Same old bullshit excuses out of you Rosey. You are literally carrying the party line from the fan media to a T here and fail to realize that people wont fall for that. Not one of your excuses covers the loafing, lookout blocks, dives, arm tackling and post play shit talking 30 yards down the field.

Coach007
10-15-2019, 01:05 PM
Same old bullshit excuses out of you Rosey. You are literally carrying the party line from the fan media to a T here and fail to realize that people wont fall for that. Not one of your excuses covers the loafing, lookout blocks, dives, arm tackling and post play shit talking 30 yards down the field.

I'm literally stating facts. You are free to ignore them. The AD isn't and Moorhead is here for another year.

timotheus
10-15-2019, 01:14 PM
whew. can we fire JoMO and Cohen and this coach007 cat all at the same time? I think yall 3 wold make a helluva flag football staff but yall probably argue about who was the smartest though. LOL

Coursesuper
10-15-2019, 01:24 PM
I'm literally stating facts. You are free to ignore them. The AD isn't and Moorhead is here for another year.

And every one of your facts are nothing more than an excuse.

I fully expect the coach to be here another year because of the political capital invested in him.

Anyone with even an elementary understanding of football can see what I was talking about you obviously choose to ignore this due to you undying love for all things Maroon and White.

Troll away Rosey Troll away.