PDA

View Full Version : The 2017 Coaching Carousel Was a Real Turd Burger

ShotgunDawg
10-15-2019, 08:19 AM
Just looking at the 2017 coaching carousel, and not to make excuses for John Cohen, but boy was this a bad batch. The only thing here is that Satterfield was available but not part of the coaching carousel & Herm Edwards was off the radar. Brutal options

Jimbo - A&M - 12-7

Scott Frost - Nebraska - 8-11

Chip Kelly - UCLA - 4-14

Kevin Sumlin - Arizona - 9-9

Willie Taggart - FSU - 8-10

Jeremy Pruitt - TN - 7-11

Chad Morris - Ark - 4-14

dawgday166
10-15-2019, 08:56 AM
Most of those guys did take over down-trodden programs tho.

Tbonewannabe
10-15-2019, 09:47 AM
Most of those guys did take over down-trodden programs tho.

A&M was on the same footing as us pretty much. They weren't set up like we were for a big year in 2018 though. Jimbo has a tough schedule this year but he hasn't been much better than Sumlin.

Nebraska had 1 regular season losing record prior to 2017. Frost has shit the bed.

UCLA - Kelly hasn't done anything there. UF fans must be ecstatic that he turned them down.

Arizona - Sumlin pretty much has them a little worse. Rich Rod actually had that program around 8 wins consistently.

FSU - I am not sure if Jimbo left the cupboard completely bare but Taggert is a crap coach that is a good recruiter.

UT - Pruitt - has been up and down but more down. I am not sure if they are actually recruiting better. Prior to playing UGA close for a half and beating our ass, he might have been #1 on the Hot seat.

Ark - has gotten worse with the transition from a power running team to a spread. They are at least competing now. They haven't looked like us for the most part.

Irondawg
10-15-2019, 09:52 AM
Yeah hard to call those programs downtrodden and they all probably have more name recognition and appeal than us. We had a higher talent level last year, but I'd guess in overall talent only Ark and maybe UCLA is worse than us right now.

PGHBulldogBG
10-15-2019, 12:55 PM
Miss state UT and Ark picked Moorhead, Pruitt and Morris over Bill Clark, Neal Brown and Scott Satterfield. There is a reason these 3 programs are the bottom of the conference. Still mind blown by that. Satterfield has already doubled Louisville’s wins from last year

timotheus
10-15-2019, 01:06 PM
I'd call Dan Enos if the guy at Tulane don't want to come. I'd do it after this season also because next year will be miserable regardless of who is the HC. There's only 2 sure wins on that schedule as of now, New Mexico and Alabama A&M. Smoke on that for a second.

Irondawg
10-15-2019, 03:26 PM
I love some Dan Enos.

The others honestly aren't doing light years better than Joe.

Jury still out on Satterfield - he's won his two games that came down to the last possession which is good. He's my favorite of that bunch you mentioned.