PDA

View Full Version : NFL replay???....

maroonmania
10-14-2019, 10:04 PM
Guess I just don't understand the NFL replay system. For those watching the Packers-Lions game they just showed the replay of the Rodgers to Evans Packer 30 yard TD pass that made the game 22-20 where the pylon cam showed Evans clearly down with the ball a full yard before the goal line but no review. Do they not automatically review close TD plays in the NFL? I really have no dog in the fight for the game I was just surprised that the TD was not reviewed. Had it been it would have been 1st and goal at the one.

Dawg61
10-14-2019, 10:09 PM
No there's only booth reviews under two minutes. The rest have to be initiated by the coaches. In college there's no coach challenges so plays get reviewed more often.

RougeDawg
10-14-2019, 10:11 PM
I thought they reviewed all scoring plays and changes of possession (fumbles, int., etc.).

maroonmania
10-14-2019, 10:11 PM
OK, guess i was just assuming at least TDs would be automatically reviewed if they were close. The Evans TD reception was 100% not a TD.

Dawg61
10-14-2019, 10:15 PM
I thought they reviewed all scoring plays and changes of possession (fumbles, int., etc.).

Maybe I'm confusing the rule some and they just missed it.

msstate7
10-14-2019, 10:20 PM
2 hands to the face calls against the lions that were wrong just cost the lions the game. That ref should be fired. 1st one went from 4th down to an eventual td, and 2nd ended the game.

Dawg61
10-14-2019, 10:23 PM
Packers just stole a win. OL flopped for two brutal calls. Unacceptable for an NFL ref.

msstate7
10-14-2019, 10:25 PM
Packers just stole a win. OL flopped for two brutal calls. Unacceptable for an NFL ref.

Players get fined for hits. Refs should be fined for crap like that. PIs are very subjective... those calls were not. Did you see his hand on the face mask? No, bc it wasn't there.

TXDawg
10-14-2019, 10:28 PM
Don’t forget the “unnecessary roughness” on the Detroit DB when he was going for and INT and the Packers WR slid in front of him causing a hit to the head. Called unnecessary roughness, but not targeting. BS call because the DB was trying to make a play on the ball. Nothing he could do.

RougeDawg
10-14-2019, 11:02 PM
To be honest I did not watch the game tonight and chose MLB playoff games this weekend and tonight, over take a knee football. Did not even think to watch the game. I am a lifelong saints fan and rarely watch a half of their games. I watch Dak because I want him to succeed, but even had other things to do this weekend. Football is an afterthought these days. Especially the SloMo the Clown Show we get every Saturday.

BTW. The Nats are peaking and playing with confidence. At this rate they will have a lot of rest before the Yankees and Stros finish their series. The Nats will struggle against Stros pitching, but Yankees patience at the plate also works against them. Still think the American League winner wins it all, but the Nats are going to fight all the way.

Dawg61
10-14-2019, 11:35 PM
To be honest I did not watch the game tonight and chose MLB playoff games this weekend and tonight, over take a knee football.

Dude you have been repeatedly warned to shut the 17 up with the politics on this board. Grow up already.

RougeDawg
10-15-2019, 12:02 AM
Dude you have been repeatedly warned to shut the 17 up with the politics on this board. Grow up already.

Where did I mention politics? Why did you project your insecurities on me? It?s pretty obvious. What did I say that was not fact? Did I not say I watch some saints and Dak? As same as SloMo turning off most rational people, other people are turned off by hypocrisy in other aspects of life, including the nfl. The NFL hypocrisy has soured the league. From issues to way they arbitrarily assess penalties. Same with Bucky freeze souring people with his actions. Hypocrisy sours someone?s perceptions of things. Or I should clarify, any person with a rational, emotion free frame of decision making and thought processes.

Are you incapable of adult thought processes? You tell me to grow up and prove In fact that you are projecting your inefficiencies as a critical thinking person to objectivity, by attacking me without any response of fact or reason. The only reason anyone has an issue with what I post is they do not want to address irrefutable facts. Sorry. I cannot do that. Facts don?t lie. By posting something, some disagree with, does not make it non factual. A ton of people refuse to acknowledge facts, over their own emotional ties to something. Hell I called SloMo as he is about a year ago, and the crowd you are in attacked me. I will not apologize for seeing or stating facts in present day, that others cannot see at the time. I?m used to being years ahead of the curve. You develop thick skin and receive many people eventually seeing reality down the road.

If one chooses to disagree, provide an argument for the point of view. Do not silence them. Silence them with facts and develop a case with merit. Pretty simple to do if you have facts on your side.

Can you stop being a clown and stop being triggered by facts you don?t want to see? Is that possible on your part? Or do you always see and read that which you want to perceive about something, not which is actually typed or spoken?. You are the problem but too oblivious to even notice that the things which you disagree, you have enabled by thinking silencing those you disagree with gets rid of the root causes of the issues.

Give me some facts to prove me wrong, or at the least defend whatever is your point of view. Otherwise, keep tucking SloMo in every night before you read him his nursery rhymes.

parabrave
10-15-2019, 12:25 AM
2 hands to the face calls against the lions that were wrong just cost the lions the game. That ref should be fired. 1st one went from 4th down to an eventual td, and 2nd ended the game.

The ref saw the Head move back. Now the old rule was and still is if you don't see the actual foul BEING committed you don't call it. They should have never been called. The ref ff up twice. I wish the refs had to have a press conference after the game where they are asked questions about the penalties. This would hold them accountable instead of the monday NFL call to the team saying sorry we screwed up.

Dawg61
10-15-2019, 12:30 AM
You called it "take a knee football". Two days after a totally innocent black woman was just murdered in her own home by a police officer shooting through her window. Get some class already and leave the politics off this board. Join the political board (if you're allowed) and spew away but keep it off this main board. It isn't difficult. Literally every single other poster on this board manages to be able to do it but you. Even the ones that spam post all day long on the political board are for the most part able to keep politics off this board. Because everyone is able to do this (except you) it raises this board's quality from other boards in a big way imo.