PDA

View Full Version : The Ideal Moorhead Press Conference

dawgday166
10-14-2019, 08:51 PM
Preseason & until 1st big SEC win against upper tier SEC opponent - Bear Bryant mode.

We ain't that good. We can't block, we can't tackle, our backs are slow, our QB can't hit the side of the barn. I just don't know how we gonna beat (insert ULL, USM, K-State, KY, AU, or similar here).

Then he goes out and coaches them tough ... real tough. Then beat the fool outta all those teams.

After beating AU real solidly and when all the reporters are telling him "Damn coach .. you really are pretty good don't you think?" Then he switches to Saban mode:

"You know what you're saying? That's like poison. Rat Poison ... that's what you're feeding them. That kills their desire to get better and it's hard enough for me and my staff to keep them wanting to do that, without y'all feeding em this Rat Poison".

Then he goes out, coaches them tougher, much more tougher, and goes beat the fool out of the other teams on the schedule. Or at least let them know they were in a true 15 round heavyweight fight.

Todd4State
10-15-2019, 01:01 AM
My ideal Joe Moorhead press conference:

"I am stepping down as head coach at Mississippi State".

BhamDawg205
10-15-2019, 01:26 AM
I'm giving up play calling duties and hire Joe Brady as OC.

timotheus
10-15-2019, 07:05 AM
guys, I say if he stays the record next season will be 2-12. just go and take a peek. where are the victories when we can't score but 10 on a weak defense? He can't be replaced soon enough.

Homedawg
10-15-2019, 07:40 AM
My ideal Joe Moorhead press conference:

"I am stepping down as head coach at Mississippi State".

I came to type the same!!! Kudos

RiverCityDawg
10-15-2019, 08:02 AM
So Vic Schaefer basically.

dawgday166
10-15-2019, 08:02 AM
LOL ... Barring those ideal PCs which I don't think are coming for a while, he needs to quit comparisons to anything, quit reciting stats, past records, or whatever and just talk about making this team tougher. He just needs become tough himself and put down his head and work. Quit patting the team on the back for just tying their shoes every day or some such, and make them tough. And play the tough guys.

TrapGame
10-15-2019, 08:09 AM
guys, I say if he stays the record next season will be 2-12. just go and take a peek. where are the victories when we can't score but 10 on a weak defense? He can't be replaced soon enough.

Saturday Sept. 5: at home vs. New Mexico
Saturday Sept. 12: on the road against North Carolina State
Saturday Sept. 19: at home versus Arkansas
Saturday Sept. 26: at home versus Tulane
Saturday Oct. 3: at home versus Texas A&M
Saturday Oct. 10: OPEN WEEK
Saturday Oct. 17: on the road against Alabama
Saturday Oct. 24 on the road against LSU
Saturday Oct. 31: at home versus Auburn
Saturday Nov. 7: at home versus Missouri
Saturday Nov. 14: on the road against Kentucky
Saturday Nov. 21: at home versus Alabama A&M
Thursday Nov. 26: on the road against Ole Miss

We could be 1-3 going into A&M. He's fired at that point and Shoop (if he's still here) is interim.

dawgday166
10-15-2019, 08:11 AM
So Vic Schaefer basically.

That would work well too. Seems there's a common theme with coaches that get towards the top. Joe needs to realize there's a reason for that.