PDA

View Full Version : Would a win vs LSU

NeuteredDawg
10-14-2019, 08:47 PM
Change your mind on Moorhead enough to give him a 3rd year?

Irondawg
10-14-2019, 08:48 PM
absolutely

dawgday166
10-14-2019, 08:49 PM
Not hardly. Even a blind squirrel ...

Cooterpoot
10-14-2019, 08:50 PM
Would winning the lottery change my life? Yep. Same chance of happening.

bluelightstar
10-14-2019, 08:50 PM
No, but I’d be resigned to the fact that he’d get one. Then we would have the same problems next year and fire him then. Whether to fire the coach should never be about one game.

dantheman4248
10-14-2019, 08:53 PM
He has to win out to give any faith that he can do it. He’s adjusted before for 1 SEC game, twice. And reverted both times. Hell you could even say he did it again against UK this year.

Him adjusting for 1 game is not enough. He has to fundamentally change his philosophy and sustain it. Do that and then he can have another year.

Garrett Shrader is 1-0 as a starter.

RougeDawg
10-14-2019, 08:55 PM
Better chance of winning the Powerball, 3 consecutive drawings.

Mjoelner34
10-14-2019, 09:04 PM
My conditions:
1. Hang with LSU and Bama until halftime. 14pts down is acceptable.
2. Go into the 4th quarter at aTm with a chance to win.
3. Beat UPIG, AC and Ole Miss even if each is a 1pt. win.

I'm pretty sure by halftime Saturday any hope for me will gone.

War Machine Dawg
10-14-2019, 09:05 PM
Hell 17ing no. It's not about the results at this point. It's about the process of how you get there. We're soft, undisciplined and clueless, especially on offense. Beating LSU would be a fluke. I?d need to see us play disciplined, physical, hard nosed football in every remaining game to even entertain the idea.

R2Dawg
10-14-2019, 09:20 PM

You mean do that then lose to Ark and OM; no way. Beat LSU, Ark, OM then yeah. I would also take Bama substituted for LSU as well.

Pipe dream, while you are at it, come up with a way for us to make it to the playoffs, about the same chance as beating LSU.

viverlibre
10-14-2019, 09:31 PM
As long as he wins two more games the rest of the year, he'll likely be back, if one of those wins is in the Egg Bowl, it's a certainty.

MarketingBully
10-14-2019, 10:00 PM
After the shit show at UT, I’m fully expecting him to go with a similar game plan he used against Auburn last year with similar results with Shrader leading the way. It wouldn’t change my mind per se but piss me off because we should be 5-1 with our only loss to Auburn if the asshat had just gone with Shrader the whole season. It’s been a long while now everyone has seen Tommy Stevens isn’t the guy. Knowing our luck, Moorhead will Bellard the LSU offense with Shoop. LSU is completely running Moorhead’s offense after all. The best way to beat LSU is to keep their offense off the field by running the football and completely disguise your defense until the last second and force them to go towards your strengths. Who knows if we do that. But if it’s a competitive game that would piss me off because we should not of lost to KSU or Tennessee. Shrader is 1-0 as a starter. Tommy Stevens is 2-3 as a starter and has only started and finished one game, came out hurt in two, and was benched in two. That ain’t good no matter how you slice it.

DeputyDawg94
10-14-2019, 10:42 PM
No. For reasons already stated above.

TheLostDawg
10-15-2019, 06:04 AM
I think that it will help but not change things. The only way the fans relax any would be if he wins tsun, ARK, and homecoming. Even then he's still on a very hot seat. An LSU or Alabama win would help but if he doesn't win those other three then it's a moot win for him. If he loses any of the last three I think he forces Cohen's hand to do something this season. Considering the buyout and stigmata of firing a HC after two years it may be to hire an OC with the possibility to take over the next year. Who knows. I just think the last three are what matters and if he doesn't get a win in all three, again, there will be a significant change coming.

Sienfield
10-15-2019, 06:48 AM
After Saturday the Auburn game will give us fond memories. Auburn game will seem like a nail bitter.

StateDawg44
10-15-2019, 07:21 AM
Nah. My faith cannot be restored at this point. I've been a "give him time" arguer up until watching that UT game in person. He needs to be gone at the end of this year no matter how the rest of the season pans out because we all know how it's gonna go. I'm done hoping and thinking the team's got this only to watch them go out there and look like idiots.

The writing is on the wall.

TrapGame
10-15-2019, 07:27 AM
That would be so Croom.

msstatelp1
10-15-2019, 07:34 AM
Beat LSU and see those changes and effort thru the rest of the season, then possibly. Beat LSU and revert back to what we've been doing, then no.

Cohen needs to make it clear that any positive changes must stay in force. Reverting back to the lack of control or effort we've seen results in a new coach.

Fader21
10-15-2019, 08:20 AM
Beat Tamu, Hang with LSU and Bama until 4th quarter beat UM, Upig, AC. Pull in a Top 20 class.

PMDawg
10-15-2019, 08:43 AM

No. At this point, the writing is on the wall. Any "success" is likely fool's gold, and simply delays the inevitable. Now, if he finishes strong by winning all of the remaining should-wins and toss-ups, plus pulls out a couple of upsets, then yes. But we would also need to look competent doing so. In short, he would need to make a LOT of changes, and basically remake himself from this point going forward.

Tbonewannabe
10-15-2019, 08:55 AM
Hell 17ing no. It's not about the results at this point. It's about the process of how you get there. We're soft, undisciplined and clueless, especially on offense. Beating LSU would be a fluke. I?d need to see us play disciplined, physical, hard nosed football in every remaining game to even entertain the idea.

This is pretty much where I am at. Croom beat a ranked UF team and beat a Saban led Bama team. At this point, I need to see consistent effort and discipline along with the wins. If he happened to beat LSU that would just be step 1 in getting me back on the wagon.

Todd4State
10-15-2019, 08:58 AM
It would put me in wait and see more. I would see how we finish the year and go based on that. He can?t beat LSU and then lose the Egg Bowl and get a third year for me.

BrunswickDawg
10-15-2019, 09:18 AM
UT was a big swing point for me. It would have been 1 thing if we came out and showed some fire and competed and lost to a competent team. There were no signs of life Saturday. None. It was really the first time I felt like the Croom comparisons were legit. That was a Croomtastic performance - no fire, mistakes everywhere, just downright awful in every phase of the game - and we had 2 weeks to prepare. UT gave us every opportunity to win that game. They were awful too, and that makes it that much worse.

Only winning out would redeem Moorhead with me. He's fools gold.