PDA

View Full Version : When did Joe lose you?

redstickdawg
10-14-2019, 01:29 PM
For me I developed serious doubts in the Ky game last year, lack of discipline and focus was evident in abundance. I have seen nothing since then except reinforcement of those bad signs and then too much more. Now fully convinced Joe must go.

KB21
10-14-2019, 01:30 PM
The Auburn game.

parabrave
10-14-2019, 01:34 PM
Last year against KSU when I noticed a OLINE that had preseasaon all SEC players on look lost when trying to line up.

NeuteredDawg
This past weekend against UT. Looked anemic on offense....need to be able to score more than 10 points against UT. Also, we intercepted 2 balls in the endzone. Let's say we don't and UT only converts FGs...it is suddenly 26-10 and looks even worse on paper than it currently does.

Pollodawg
Saturday. It’d been building. But I finally had a 100% inexcusable loss. Tenn is awful, and we had two weeks to prep.

Dawgbite
10-14-2019, 01:35 PM
Saturday about 2 pm.

Mjoelner34
10-14-2019, 01:37 PM
For me I developed serious doubts in the Ky game last year, lack of discipline and focus was evident in abundance. I have seen nothing since then except reinforcement of those bad signs and then too much more. Now fully convinced Joe must go.

Same here. I started having doubts after that game but never came out calling for his head or supporting him but the UT game with 2 weeks to prepare makes it more than obvious now.

MoreCowbell
10-14-2019, 01:41 PM
Iowa

Think of all the advantages we had in that game and we lose. Gave him a pass on UK, they were good and at their place and it was early. Was close to losing me after UF but got me back with Auburn and A&M. There was no excuse for the bowl game and coaching really showed in that one. This year has just reinforced it.

StarkVegasSteve
10-14-2019, 01:41 PM
Kentucky last year. I could tell that night that he was in over his head.

Choctaw Dawg
10-14-2019, 01:42 PM
I have a three strike policy when it comes to whether or not coaches should be let go. I don't try to get wound up over one terrible event but three in general that combine to a head coaches demise

Moorhead (note this is only so far in 19 games, not his full career at MSU since it obviously hasn't ended yet):

Strike 1: the loss to Florida, This was a must win, letting our former coach come up and beat us is inexcusable compounded by the fact we only scored 6 points
Strike 2: Iowa: we were the better team, this made me think we aren't trending the right direction seeing how we wasted our great defense
Strike 3: Tennessee: Awful game plan, terrible scheme, all after two weeks to practice. Cant do that.

cheewgumm
10-14-2019, 01:43 PM
Last year in general. Our team was so talented that losing 5 seem hard to do.

Specifically after Kentucky and Florida, we failed to do what we were made for - run the ball.Our fans raised hell online.

Joe heard the complaints and then we play Auburn and run it down their throats. After the game Joe joked that he had forgotten how to coach on the Florida game and all would be well going forward.

We then had a bye. During this time I think Joe rethought about it and figured he was here to run his system. Did he believe in it or not?

We then go to LSU and score 3.

I knew then that he would not adjust to the strengths of his talent. And if he can?t or won?t do that then we will only be good with the perfect fit players that fits his system, which will never happen.

wild_dawg
10-14-2019, 01:43 PM
Saturday, I held on as long as I could. I hope he makes us all look like idiots and is the greatest coach in school history, but I just don't see that happening at this point...

DeputyDawg94
10-14-2019, 01:46 PM
FL and UK last year. Especially after the way he handled Auburn and then went totally away from that style of offense. And then when he basically said that State hadn’t won an SEC championship since 1941 so we shouldn’t have high expectations.

Dawg61
10-14-2019, 01:50 PM
When he refused to make Keytaon the starter after Fitz graduated.

yjnkdawg
10-14-2019, 01:51 PM
The TN game was the back breaker. We had two weeks to prepare and we come out unprepared, undisciplined, unorganized and you name it. I thought all those issues were supposed to have been addressed and corrected after the Auburn debacle, but they weren't.

paco
10-14-2019, 01:54 PM
At halftime, I texted a friend in the stadium at the game and said this reminds me of Kentucky, 2018.

Hot Rock
10-14-2019, 01:55 PM
I have been getting there slowly... and I mean slowly.

This look at me offense and snapping with 0-3 seconds on the play clock is killing me. Especially when he has the defense on it's heels and gasping for air. He should be going for the throat and have a half dozen plays ready to run and trust his QB to check out if it's not going to work. This year every week I lose it a little more.

That and the lack of his teams being ready. I mean common man, two delay of game penalties in the first four plays vs Auburn. That is shit show business.

I am done, I keep hoping he gets things corrected but after the 1st qtr vs TN, I just cut the TV off. I don't even go to games anymore. I am done until he gets this shit together or he gone. I will keep an eye open and always be pulling for State but as far as "believing"? Nope.

bluelightstar
10-14-2019, 01:57 PM
Doubts happened at Florida (Kentucky was bad, but I decided to give him a flyer as a first time HC). I was close to done at LSU. At one point in that game, Fitz had 4 picks and 3 completions IIRC. Iowa was the straw that broke the camel's back. They were a putrid team.

CadaverDawg
10-14-2019, 02:00 PM
Florida and Kentucky. Then Iowa confirmed that he was not only bad, but unable to adjust, adapt, or change at all. At that point, there was no doubt he's the wrong guy. But I truly knew that he wasn't it during Kentucky last year. Unprepared, undisciplined, deer in headlights....and we've pretty much looked like that ever since

RiverCityDawg
10-14-2019, 02:01 PM
For me it's been a process. There's no point in listing all the things that got us to this point because we all know them. But this UT game was what pushed me over the edge. Two weeks to prepare against a bad team and we looked as bad as we've ever looked. Former players tweeting about the culture change. The whole thing has culminated to this point of realizing it's off the rails and spiraling downward.

Hypnodawg
10-14-2019, 02:03 PM
He lost me after the Kentucky game last year. A highschool coach could have come up with a better game plan.

quickstrike2
10-14-2019, 02:03 PM
It was after 21-0 versus Auburn. I knew deep down there was some major warning signs, but I did try. Last year versus Kentucky, after all of the penalties and just lack of any offense, I was worried. We all know how the season progressed after that.

I was nervous heading into this year, but I did my best to buy into the "his quarterback theory." I keep coming back in my mind to, with one of the best talent lead teams in MSU history, we only won 8 games. What would he do without that talent, and unfortunately we are finding out.

ShotgunDawg
10-14-2019, 02:09 PM
He officially lost in the bowl game and losing out on the 3 recruits on signing day.

That's when I realized he wasn't really good at anything

TrapGame
10-14-2019, 02:11 PM
Auburn.

I knew we were going to lose that game but not be completely and utterly humiliated in the first 6 minutes of the game.

Tennessee just solidified it for me.

Commercecomet24
10-14-2019, 02:14 PM
For me it's been a process. There's no point in listing all the things that got us to this point because we all know them. But this UT game was what pushed me over the edge. Two weeks to prepare against a bad team and we looked as bad as we've ever looked. Former players tweeting about the culture change. The whole thing has culminated to this point of realizing it's off the rails and spiraling downward.

Kinda where I'm at as well.

HancockCountyDog
10-14-2019, 02:19 PM
The Florida game was a red flag.

The Kentucky game was a red flag.

The Iowa game was a red flag.

The KSU game was a red flag.

The Tennessee game was a red flag up my ass.

shoeless joe
10-14-2019, 02:21 PM
I’ll catch flack for this but to be 100% honest it was game 1 last year. And the people that know me heard about it. It was fairly apparent that the program he ran didn’t translate on the field to a championship standard, as he calls it. I knew then he didn’t run a tight ship and was a wanna be players coach...that just doesn’t fly for us.

And to take it 1 step further, and this is why I am so perplexed by the hire in general by Cohen, I didn’t think the guy was a leader the first time I heard him speak. I could go into great minute detail about his traits that call his ability to lead into question but I had my concerns from the day of the press conference and then seeing him do an interview, finebaum I think, just reiterated what I’d thought before. And once I saw the product on the field I knew...I hated it and I wanted to be wrong...but I knew

Maridian Dawg
10-14-2019, 02:28 PM
Florida game was Strike 1.
Iowa was Strike 2.
K-State was strike 3.
Auburn and TN games were the icing on the cake.

MStateDawg
10-14-2019, 02:39 PM
I lost hope for this year after the Auburn debacle.
I lost hope for him having a successful tenure at Mississippi State during the 3rd quarter of the Tennessee games.

I'm 100% confident he's not going to get it done at State. We should move on asap.

HereComesTheSpiral
10-14-2019, 02:41 PM
LSU 2018, Fitz just ripped off a long run inside their 5, and fatass just cant call a simple play to punch it in. Auburn this year at the 3 inch line just confirmed he is clueless.

MidTNDawg
10-14-2019, 02:49 PM
UT game was the clincher

Tbonewannabe
10-14-2019, 02:52 PM
Saturday. It?d been building. But I finally had a 100% inexcusable loss. Tenn is awful, and we had two weeks to prep.

This is it for me. I am one of the people that has defended him time and again but I am done. I said last week that if we lost UT that it would take a win against LSU and/or Bama, that pretty much sums it up. Even with a fluke win over LSU or Bama, I would still look at how we were playing for the rest of the games. We just look lost and have very little give a shit as a team. You have some players giving what they got but not enough. Most look like they could just stay in the locker room and be ok with it.

RougeDawg
10-14-2019, 03:10 PM
When he abandoned the Auburn 2018 game plan last year I was done. It was clear that he did not possess the capability to see what worked and what did not, and stick to what worked. There was some of it against A&M but we went right back to the pass happy offense with a running team and receivers with hands like a snake. A blind man in the upper deck could see it, but SloMo could not. It was clear then that he is who he always will be.

Coursesuper
10-14-2019, 03:13 PM
He never really had me but I was hopeful he would do well.

Randolph Dupree
10-14-2019, 03:14 PM
Auburn this year. He got a pass for everything last year because it was his first but no excuse for the lack of preparedness and effort vs AU. UT merely reaffirmed my position.

Dawgology
10-14-2019, 03:14 PM
Kentucky last year. I could tell that night that he was in over his head.

Same. When his team matched in to Kentucky totally unprepared and undisciplined with an inability to move the ball against Kentucky I knew it wouldn?t work. And I?ve said it often since that game.

DownwardDawg
10-14-2019, 03:29 PM
The Auburn game.

Me too. That was the moment I knew it was over. That?s also why I said in a previous thread that we weren?t beating Tennessee. I started having suspicion at the beginning of ULL game. We looked fat, slow, and out of shape. But I?m loyal to a fault. I hoped he?d get it together. Auburn game proved to me that he?s in way over his head.

cheewgumm
10-14-2019, 03:37 PM
It is a little shocking that people went through all of last year with the talent on our team and we lose five and people still believed

CadaverDawg
10-14-2019, 03:40 PM
Lol, I'd say I was off the train about this time 1 year ago. As were some of you....

https://www.elitedawgs.com/showthread.php?70439-After-sleeping-on-it&highlight=Moorhead

But look at all the defenders throwing Fitz under the bus in that thread. Ha, it was Joe then and it's Joe now. Get him the hell out

Tbonewannabe
10-14-2019, 03:42 PM
It is a little shocking that people went through all of last year with the talent on our team and we lose five and people still believed

I will admit that the fools gold of A&M game combined with blowing the doors off Ark and UM had me still hanging onto hope. I was disappointed with how many carries Aeris got. It seemed like Joe just had it out for some players for some reason.

cheewgumm
10-14-2019, 03:48 PM
We had a team set up to do some serious damage last year and we just flopped. And it would have been so simple. Total failure.

I think people just want to be optimistic, which is a good trait. I?m frustrated that he blew it, not that people want to believe.

dawgday166
10-14-2019, 03:49 PM
I will admit that the fools gold of A&M game combined with blowing the doors off Ark and UM had me still hanging onto hope. I was disappointed with how many carries Aeris got. It seemed like Joe just had it out for some players for some reason.

I'm sorta in this camp. Kept wanting to believe even tho he's been coming across like a used car salesman to me since even before the KY game last year. And what has pissed me off the most is him being so enamored with some players that just need to sit down until they put forth that effort that he doesn't coach.

When someone keeps wanting to bring up all your good stats nationally, even against weaker competition, that ain't a good sign. Not to mention no really good coach ever does that ... that I can recall anyway.

ETA: And it's VERY BAD when the "rat poison" the players need to avoid is coming from the head coach.

War Machine Dawg
10-14-2019, 03:54 PM

Florida last season. Coming off a very poor UK performance, we looked like clowns against FL. The team was desperate to win that game, but the gulf in coaching quality and ability to motivate players was clear. UK didn't really bother me much at the time because shit happens and occasionally you have a game where it all goes wrong. But good coaches have the team right back on track the following week, even if they don't win. We were just as sloppy against FL as against UK. That told me all I needed to know.

Any coach who loses 5 with a defense that we only have here once every 20 years and gives up less than a TD per game has no business coaching at this level. Nothing about this year has been a major surprise to me. I privately predicted 6-6 to my buddies and said it was because I thought Jughead was worth at least 2 extra losses. I didn't fathom he'd make us so bad that 4-8 was our most likely outcome. We're right back in the bottom feeder pool with Vandy, Northern Miss, UPig, and KY.

I seen it dawg
10-14-2019, 03:59 PM
UT was the people's elbow.

Rex54
10-14-2019, 04:10 PM
Losing to Mullen

tcdog70
10-14-2019, 04:17 PM
When He refused to put Fitz under the center(who is now playing on Sundays) and sneak for a 1 yard first down. that my Friends is just ignorant.

dawgday166
10-14-2019, 04:22 PM
When He refused to put Fitz under the center(who is now playing on Sundays) and sneak for a 1 yard first down. that my Friends is just ignorant.

I'm a Fitz homer but even I know he isn't playing on Sundays LOL. And probably never will as a QB. But there are a lot of great CFB QBs with Nattys and Heismans that never played on Sundays either.

ETA: And also a lot of CFB QBs that because of Nattys or Heismans got chances in NFL ... when they really weren't good enough. I'm a thinking Tua will be some such coming up this year or next.

Maverick
10-14-2019, 04:26 PM
With me it's been slowly festering and I was able to make excuses for reasons to give him more time. Last year sucked but I was willing to give him a pass since it appeared that he had figured some things out. Because of that I fully expected to see us come out with our hair on fire after a week off with all the suspended players playing against a bad team. It's like Joel said, as a State fan I can deal with defeat when we get beat by a better opponent but what I can't stand is being embarrassed.

I don't like to look too much into these sorts of things but the way we played mixed with the way he looked after the game is like he's defeated and ready to cry. I hope I'm wrong and he's got all the fight in the world left in him and a don't give up attitude. I think he's a stand up guy and I hate to see it go this way but at some point it just is what it is. At this point, based on the past I just have no confidence that he can turn this ship around because every time I think he's got it figured out and we are about to move forward again we move backwards. I'm tired of the coach speak, it all sounds great but SHOW ME.

tcdog70
10-14-2019, 04:26 PM
I'm a Fitz homer but even I know he isn't playing on Sundays LOL. And probably never will as a QB. But there are a lot of great CFB QBs with Nattys and Heismans that never played on Sundays either.

can you read? i said under the Center(who Starts for the Packers)

dawgday166
10-14-2019, 04:28 PM
can you read? i said under the Center(who Starts for the Packers)

My bad ... misunderstood. And Jenkins is mauling people too.

timotheus
10-14-2019, 04:43 PM
fitz got cut from the tampa practice squad. what i heard

Homedawg
10-14-2019, 04:43 PM

But it shouldn't have been fools gold against A&M, we weren't great in that game either. A&M dropped 10+ passes and had a chance to tie late in the game and then FItz ripped off an 80 yard run w 2 mins left. It's not like that was some great offensive performance.

maroonwhitedawg3ddd
10-14-2019, 04:50 PM
12 Et time oct 12 , 2019 when he trotted Stevens out for the first series..

timotheus
10-14-2019, 04:57 PM
That was it for me as well. Last week prior to the game a buddy asked me what was Joe gong to do with the QB spot. I told him he's trot stevens out and dig us a dam hole and then put shrader in late to try and clean up the mess. Why does KT need the red cap when all he does is sit on that bench?

Mobile Bay
10-14-2019, 05:27 PM
He never had me to begin with. He was a shit hire. I have said this since day one. Why did it take y'all so long to see what I saw?

Pollodawg
10-14-2019, 05:48 PM
I wanted to believe. I really did. He’s a likable guy. He said all the write things. I just think this conference broke him.

timotheus
10-14-2019, 05:56 PM
Oh he's sure broke all right. But at least he can beat Abilene Christian this year. in looking at next years schedule, it'll be dam tuff for this guy to win 5 and I'm sure Cohen is planning on giving Jomo all the experimental time he needs to fully implement his system by 2023. And then we will be behind arkansas and Um and even with Vandy. Ya'll hold on for the ride. I sold my LSU tix today to a poor soul. No need wasting the gas to drive and watch any more of this JoMo debacle.

Goldendawg
10-14-2019, 06:31 PM
Make room on your mantle for a Heisman, "Championship Standard", ring sizes, knocking our fans and knowing little of about our program except 1941, (in my life some of the Tyler, Bellard, Jackie, and Mullen years were pretty good and we won the West and played for a SEC Championship in 1998 and I was there). I gave rep to many of you guys the last year and a half with the comment that he has been in over his head since day one. All coach-speak and no backing it up so far. Hope we can go 6-6, but he fits the SEC like trying to force his round peg offense into square holes.

R2Dawg
10-14-2019, 06:36 PM
UK last year put doubts in my head but UF the next week put me on the fence, but hoping he figures it out. As the season went on each game brought on new frustration. Aub we saw what we could be and then laying eggs as we realized we had the best D in the nation.

This year again I was cautiously optimistic but the KSU loss brought up some bad thoughts. AU made me think of Croom and with UT I go off the bus. As much as others have said I'd love to be wrong, it just isn't going to happen.

bulldogcountry1
10-14-2019, 08:10 PM
Kentucky game...this year.

Last year was rough, but I really wanted him to be successful. After all, he?s a cerebral coach, right? I believed he would come back in 2019 and show us he can make adjustments. The first couple games gave me hope that he could at least find a way to score points. Then, everything went to crap.

I went to the UK game this year, and I made sure to watch pre-game warmups. That was the most half-arsed, disorganized effort I have ever seen. That sealed the deal for me.