PDA

View Full Version : Joe won't be fired this year, we just won't do it.

fishwater99
10-14-2019, 10:47 AM
He gets 2020 and maybe 2021 and it really sucks. MSU doesn't fire it's coach after 2 seasons, we just don't.
What coach would want to come in and only get two years?

Buckle up as we will suck for years to come...

Thanks Cohen..

TrapGame
10-14-2019, 10:51 AM
Before Tennessee I have would have agreed with this. Not after that shit show Saturday.

You don't think coaches see what Mullen did here and then see what Joe's done in a year and half and go "Oh, they're running off a damn good coach."

ShotgunDawg
10-14-2019, 11:00 AM
Before Tennessee I have would have agreed with this. Not after that shit show Saturday.

You don't think coaches see what Mullen did here and then see what Joe's done in a year and half and go "Oh, they're running off a damn good coach."

This.

We'll fire him if it's this obvious. However, he'll definitely have the rest of the season to create some momentum

Dawg2003
10-14-2019, 11:02 AM
Cohen has a sack. He proved that by not hiring Gary Henderson. And Henderson was actually a personal long time friend.

RiverCityDawg
10-14-2019, 11:05 AM
There's just no way he stays if we go 4-8. The fall from here to there will be so rough it will be obvious to everyone it's not already obvious to now that the rip cord has to be pulled.

dawgfan22
10-14-2019, 11:07 AM
SloMo has to be gone after this year. He's running this program right into the ground. The concerning thing is we seem to be getting worse week by week. Something has to change or we'll be back in the Croom era before we know it.

TrapGame
10-14-2019, 11:12 AM
I kinda wonder if maybe we've had a Howland Offer and a former P5 coach has reached out to us about our football "situation."

Mullen proved we can get to number #1 with the right recruits and run with the big boys. There are coaches, good coaches, willing and eager to take this job.

Pollodawg
10-14-2019, 11:13 AM
Hadad nailed it. He likened Mullen leaving MSU to James Franklin leaving Vandy. They fell off almost immediately after Franklin left. It was like he was never even there. So it is with us. It’s like the Mullen years never happened. We’re right back to 2008.

So disheartening.

Todd4State
10-14-2019, 11:46 AM
Hadad nailed it. He likened Mullen leaving MSU to James Franklin leaving Vandy. They fell off almost immediately after Franklin left. It was like he was never even there. So it is with us. It’s like the Mullen years never happened. We’re right back to 2008.

So disheartening.

Except we’re not Vandy and have more resources for football.

Pollodawg
10-14-2019, 11:50 AM
Except we’re not Vandy and have more resources for football.

Which is why it’s even more damning if we twiddle our thumbs.

shoeless joe
10-14-2019, 12:03 PM
Cohen has a sack. He proved that by not hiring Gary Henderson. And Henderson was actually a personal long time friend.

Good point...

Coursesuper
10-14-2019, 12:07 PM
I kinda wonder if maybe we've had a Howland Offer and a former P5 coach has reached out to us about our football "situation."

Mullen proved we can get to number #1 with the right recruits and run with the big boys. There are coaches, good coaches, willing and eager to take this job.

You do realize that Howland wasn't brought to MSU by anyone in our athletic department.

Doggie_Style
10-14-2019, 12:13 PM

and hiring Gary Henderson would have been better than hiring that sack of *** Cannizarro....most times it's better to make good decisions than to have a sack....and obviously the Cann and JoMo decisions sucked

Pollodawg
10-14-2019, 12:18 PM
and hiring Gary Henderson would have been better than hiring that sack of *** Cannizarro....most times it's better to make good decisions than to have a sack....and obviously the Cann and JoMo decisions sucked

It tickles me to no end when people cry that you can’t hold Cohen responsible for Cannizaro’s private life when these exact same folks thought Bjork should have been held accountable for Freeze’s whores.

Indndawg
10-14-2019, 12:23 PM
"We'll never fire Croom, not after SEC COY"

TrapGame
10-14-2019, 12:27 PM
You do realize that Howland wasn't brought to MSU by anyone in our athletic department.

He called us. We didn't call him.

msbulldog
10-14-2019, 12:29 PM
Cannizaro was a good coach, he just couldn't keep it in his pants.

Tbonewannabe
It tickles me to no end when people cry that you can’t hold Cohen responsible for Cannizaro’s private life when these exact same folks thought Bjork should have been held accountable for Freeze’s whores.

Except most people understand that Freeze was just running the Network and those whores weren't just for him if any were actually for him.

StarkVegasSteve
ADIDAS called us. We didn't call him.

FIFY

TrapGame
10-14-2019, 12:31 PM
FIFY

Okay. Maybe we need to reach out to Adidas and see if they can hook us up.

Doggie_Style
10-14-2019, 12:36 PM

I just hate this take......the players knew what this idiot was doing and it was already costing us on the field. I don't call that good coaching.

msbulldog
10-14-2019, 12:38 PM
I just hate this take......the players knew what this idiot was doing and it was already costing us on the field. I don't call that good coaching.

Took us to a super regional the year before and we were pitching position players.

Tbonewannabe
10-14-2019, 12:43 PM
Took us to a super regional the year before and we were pitching position players.

Yep, he was a grand slam hire in 2017 then a bust in 2018. He not only had to deal with a lot of injuries which caused us to piece together a pitching staff but also set us up with a top 5 recruiting class and setting up several classes after that. If he hadn't went off the rails (who could know that he would got poon crazy over one chick) then we were set up.

Pollodawg
10-14-2019, 03:24 PM
Except most people understand that Freeze was just running the Network and those whores weren't just for him if any were actually for him.

This is silly. You honestly think he, the head coach, would be calling for hoes for players when he could just delegate that to a booster?

CadaverDawg
10-14-2019, 03:24 PM
He gets 2020 and maybe 2021 and it really sucks. MSU doesn't fire it's coach after 2 seasons, we just don't.
What coach would want to come in and only get two years?

Buckle up as we will suck for years to come...

Thanks Cohen..

Then fire Cohen too

Randolph Dupree
10-14-2019, 03:38 PM

Cann had some other issues too BUT he was a good on field coach. The Cann hire was not a bad hire, it just didn't end well. Nobody on this board was unhappy with Cann when he was winning using position players to pitch because 60% of the staff had TJ. In retrospect it didn't work out but that's not on Cohen, it's on Cann. I would question Cohen if he didn't fire him...because he could've done that and attempted to sweep it under the rug.

JoMo was a bad hire, but I think it was worth a shot. There was a lot on paper to like and Cohen was trying to do something different to obtain an edge. It's not working out though and Cohen loses points for that.

ETA: making a bad hire is part of it, it happens. If you're not occasionally screwing up, you're not trying. I'd rather try. The key is to not make the same mistake twice. It's time for Cohen to remedy his mistake. If he can't figure out a way to do it soon then his ass should be on the block too.

Tbonewannabe
10-14-2019, 03:46 PM
This is silly. You honestly think he, the head coach, would be calling for hoes for players when he could just delegate that to a booster?

He was in the room at the hotel with the player (can't remember who) and then had the booster come in to talk to the kid. I think he was heavily involved with every aspect of the Network. One of those times was to a Tampa area code and the next day they got a commitment from a 4 star TE in Tampa. Maybe I am just piecing things together wrong but I wouldn't put it past him.

Tbonewannabe
10-14-2019, 03:48 PM
Cann had some other issues too BUT he was a good on field coach. The Cann hire was not a bad hire, it just didn't end well. Nobody on this board was unhappy with Cann when he was winning using position players to pitch because 60% of the staff had TJ. In retrospect it didn't work out but that's not on Cohen, it's on Cann. I would question Cohen if he didn't fire him...because he could've done that and attempted to sweep it under the rug.

JoMo was a bad hire, but I think it was worth a shot. There was a lot on paper to like and Cohen was trying to do something different to obtain an edge. It's not working out though and Cohen loses points for that.

ETA: making a bad hire is part of it, it happens. If you're not occasionally screwing up, you're not trying. I'd rather try. The key is to not make the same mistake twice. It's time for Cohen to remedy his mistake. If he can't figure out a way to do it soon then his ass should be on the block too.

I still believe you have to get explosive plays to beat a team like Bama or most times LSU. I like the idea of Joe's offense but his version doesn't work in the SEC or he just has other issues that is preventing it from working.

fishwater99
10-14-2019, 04:23 PM
He was in the room at the hotel with the player (can't remember who) and then had the booster come in to talk to the kid. I think he was heavily involved with every aspect of the Network. One of those times was to a Tampa area code and the next day they got a commitment from a 4 star TE in Tampa. Maybe I am just piecing things together wrong but I wouldn't put it past him.

No your not. Freeze was shady as they come in recruiting...

fishwater99
10-14-2019, 04:27 PM
Aaron Torres, a FOX Sports Radio host, was more direct in his criticism.

"We spend so much time talking about how lousy other coaches are, people don't realize how putrid Joe Moorhead has been," Torres said on Twitter. "Inherited a Top 15 team, with 3 first round picks. He's now 11-8 overall, 5-8 against Power 5 opponents. Dude has been a TOTAL dud."