PDA

View Full Version : What would our record be with Keyton?

cheewgumm
10-14-2019, 09:59 AM
I think we would have beaten K State and Tenn, because he would have taken off running.

ShotgunDawg
10-14-2019, 10:02 AM
I wouldn't just say KT.

If Mohead just STARTS Shrader or KT from game 1 and let them play, we've got at least 1 more win and maybe 2.

However, don't let that distract you from either way this is a bad, terribly coached football team.

At 4-2 or 5-1, this is still a bad football team. Just probably has more of an identity on offense which would've allowed us to beat K State, TN or both.

Tbonewannabe
10-14-2019, 10:05 AM
I think Moorhead would have still tried to beat the square peg in the round hole. He wouldn't allow KT to run like Fitz did.

bluelightstar
10-14-2019, 10:06 AM
Probably 5-1 because he is a capable runner.

As an aside, I have heard that a number of offensive players were not happy with how the Stevens situation went down and didn't think he even had a fair chance to win the job. After seeing how Moorhead has handled this situation even after Stevens has stunk up the place, I am inclined to think that's right. That could be another problem we're having on that side of the ball: dissension.

Coursesuper
10-14-2019, 10:06 AM
One player at QB or any other position wouldn't change were this " team " is. This is 11 players wearing the same uniform not a team in any sense of the word. Just look at the missed tackles, loafing, lookout blocks, dives and shit talking after they happen to tackle the other team 30 yards down the field. A change at QB wouldn't have changed that.

Homedawg
10-14-2019, 10:19 AM
Same coach. Same record. No different.

CovertDawg
10-14-2019, 10:20 AM
Same. Plus, I am not even sure he is a better runner than Shrader.

Bothrops
10-14-2019, 10:22 AM
I think we would have beaten K State and Tenn, because he would have taken off running.

4-2. Not convinced we would have beaten K-State that day but Key would have won against Tennessee. Tennessee would have lost 6-8 points if a less than 100 percent Shrader played the whole game.

TrapGame
10-14-2019, 10:41 AM

Yeah. It doesn't matter who plays. The same coach still calls the plays.

DownwardDawg
10-14-2019, 11:36 AM
Same. Same offense. Same guy calling plays and I don’t think KT is as good as Shrader.

Matt3467
10-14-2019, 11:54 AM
I've heard people calling JoMo racist because he doesn't play KT or Mayden.

They say he doesn't like white QBs. I think that's ridiculous. He tried getting Bryant and Fields here when they were in the transfer portal. KT screwed his chance at being the backup and possible starter now by his drama before the year began. Not to mention his stats aren't very good..

Dawg61
10-14-2019, 12:02 PM
Same. Plus, I am not even sure he is a better runner than Shrader.

Man this is insanity talk. Keytaon is a much much better runner than Shrader. We'd be 5-1 with KT as the starter and we could still save this season if he was made stater today and Joe actually used him correctly instead of obsessing over his magical basement plays he drew up at Fordham on a napkin.

Dawg61
10-14-2019, 12:05 PM
It isn't necessarily racist that Joe has pushed the two black Qbs on our roster out the door while simultaneously only playing two white Qbs one of which be begged to transfer in and appears to himself have anointed a captain. It just looks that way.

dawgday166
10-14-2019, 12:08 PM
Man this is insanity talk. Keytaon is a much much better runner than Shrader. We'd be 5-1 with KT as the starter and we could still save this season if he was made stater today and Joe actually used him correctly instead of obsessing over his magical basement plays he drew up at Fordham on a napkin.

I like Key too but not sure about this yet. If Shrader is tough enough he reminds me of Fitz. And Key ain't as good as Fitz.

And I don't care who the QB is ... this ain't gonna work and Key ain't so damned good he can make what Joe wants to do work.

Homedawg
10-14-2019, 12:10 PM
I like Key too but not sure about this yet. If Shrader is tough enough he reminds me of Fitz. And Key ain't as good as Fitz.

And I don't care who the QB is ... this ain't gonna work and Key ain't so damned good he can make what Joe wants to do work.

Pretty much this.

bluelightstar
10-14-2019, 12:10 PM
It isn't necessarily racist that Joe has pushed the two black Qbs on our roster out the door while simultaneously only playing two white Qbs one of which be begged to transfer in and appears to himself have anointed a captain. It just looks that way.

Hang on, I don't think this is fair. Mayden apparently is tied up in the Tutorgate 10, so that is what it is. I think Moorhead horribly mishandled the KT situation and may have done irreparable damage to his career here as a result BUT I think that has more to do with the fact that he wants nothing to do with Dan Mullen QBs. Of course, why anyone would trust Moorhead's evaluation of our QB room over Mullen's is beyond me.

Pollodawg
10-14-2019, 12:13 PM
Hang on, I don't think this is fair. Mayden apparently is tied up in the Tutorgate 10, so that is what it is. I think Moorhead horribly mishandled the KT situation and may have done irreparable damage to his career here as a result BUT I think that has more to do with the fact that he wants nothing to do with Dan Mullen QBs. Of course, why anyone would trust Moorhead's evaluation of our QB room over Mullen's is beyond me.

Probably, it’s closer to this. The rumor is that the Mullen era players don’t even care to be around the football building anymore. As in they aren’t welcome.

Dawg61
10-14-2019, 12:28 PM

People's perceptions have little to do with what is fair. I said it isn't necessarily racist and I'll go as far as to totally back Moorhead here and agree it's not racist at all just random circumstances making it appear that way. I really don't want to get into a race discussion here I am just not surprised that some people are bringing it up about the Qb roster. That's all.

Quaoarsking
10-14-2019, 12:31 PM
4-2, and 5-1 with Shrader

We would still have a lot of the underlying issues, but as long as we were winning I could look past them.

Lance Harbor
10-14-2019, 12:36 PM
Is there a real rift on the team?

Probably, it?s closer to this. The rumor is that the Mullen era players don?t even care to be around the football building anymore. As in they aren?t welcome.

Pollodawg
10-14-2019, 12:36 PM
Not sure Keytaon is better than Shrader, but he’s a damn sight better than Stevens.

Pollodawg
10-14-2019, 12:38 PM
I meant former Mullen players. Shoulda specified. Sorry.

Indndawg
10-14-2019, 12:49 PM
Not a big Key fan, but at least he could have adapted a Navy-Air Force style of offense, but that would mean a change in his scheme. We're shitty at passing, might as well play to our strengths.

Dawg61
10-14-2019, 01:01 PM
Not a big Key fan, but at least he could have adapted a Navy-Air Force style of offense, but that would mean a change in his scheme. We're shitty at passing, might as well play to our strengths.

Whatever play he runs it's his offense. His dedication to his "scheme" instead of just using plays that work with the players he's got will cost him his job here at MSU. Never be so stubborn in life guys. Football isn't that complicated. Move the ball, score the ball, stop the other team from scoring and just win the game. How you do it doesn't matter as long as you do it.

sleepy dawg
10-14-2019, 01:52 PM

Yep... It's not a player problem.

RougeDawg
10-14-2019, 03:20 PM
Is there a real rift on the team?

Appears to be and some pretty reliable people are saying there is.