PDA

View Full Version : Moorhead rumor on radio this morning

msstate7
10-14-2019, 07:08 AM
Kicks96 (Philadelphia, ms) DJ has a lot of sports talk on his show in the morning... local HS, few state players, and even Moorhead interviews. He's an LSU guy though, and he said on the air this morning that Moorhead to Rutgers is a done deal at the end of the season. DJ said his frat brother (LSU grad) is a big dentist in NJ, and is a member of the board at Rutgers.

Now I have serious doubts (I always do, right? Haha), but I do find it interesting he said this on the air and even gave his source. Hopefully this rumor is true

FISHDAWG
10-14-2019, 07:11 AM
Kicks96 (Philadelphia, ms) DJ has a lot of sports talk on his show in the morning... local HS, few state players, and even Moorhead interviews. He's an LSU guy though, and he said on the air this morning that Moorhead to Rutgers is a done deal at the end of the season. DJ said his frat brother is a big dentist in NJ, and is a member of the board at Rutgers.

Now I have serious doubts (I always do, right? Haha), but I do find it interesting he said this on the air and even gave his source. Hopefully this rumor is true

Sorry 7 but I'm not that lucky so don't place any bets on it

msstate7
10-14-2019, 07:13 AM
Sorry 7 but I'm not that lucky so don't place any bets on it

No state fan is that lucky. We wouldn't be state fans if we were

timotheus
10-14-2019, 07:14 AM
Dam i would love for this to be true..........******

Todd4State
10-14-2019, 07:27 AM
That rumor may not be true now but may end up being true.

Tbonewannabe
10-14-2019, 07:42 AM
Kicks96 (Philadelphia, ms) DJ has a lot of sports talk on his show in the morning... local HS, few state players, and even Moorhead interviews. He's an LSU guy though, and he said on the air this morning that Moorhead to Rutgers is a done deal at the end of the season. DJ said his frat brother (LSU grad) is a big dentist in NJ, and is a member of the board at Rutgers.

Do we think that we could actually get this lucky?

Whatweareallthinking
10-14-2019, 07:48 AM
Do we think that we could actually get this lucky?

Nope

DownwardDawg
10-14-2019, 07:55 AM
One can only hope. Hopefully Moorehead can get that offer to better his family and have a less stressful job. Win win for both parties b

BrunswickDawg
10-14-2019, 08:01 AM
I hate to burst people's bubbles - but why in the actual **** would Rutgers want to hire the guy? He has shown no ability to run a program and has tanked a Top 30 program in 18 months.
They may be historically bad - but are they historically dumb too?

Churchill
10-14-2019, 08:03 AM
The question is...Is Joe that lucky ? He's shit his britches at State and can leave without getting fired in record setting time. It's definitely a win/win if it happens.

Bothrops
10-14-2019, 08:04 AM
If he wants to be a P5 head coach again anytime soon it may be true. He knows he's done here. He knows he shouldn't be here next year.

Tbonewannabe
10-14-2019, 08:19 AM
I hate to burst people's bubbles - but why in the actual **** would Rutgers want to hire the guy? He has shown no ability to run a program and has tanked a Top 30 program in 18 months.

He could probably spin it that it just wasn't a good fit. He was successful at Fordham, Penn St, and UConn so it just depends on if Rutgers thinks he is a better fit there.

Dawg61
10-14-2019, 08:20 AM
Yes, yes they are. If true we need to all buy a Saquan Barkley jersey as he'll be the reason Rutgers hires Joe.

StarkVegasSteve
10-14-2019, 08:20 AM
I have to wonder if this is either the Rutgers athletic dept. or our athletic dept. putting this out there to see what the response would be. I still think Schiano is going to get the job at Rutgers, but I feel like had that been the case they would've already announced his hiring. I guess we can dream of an all time do over.

TrapGame
10-14-2019, 08:22 AM
This could have legs. Schiano was supposed to be the odds on favorite. He even stepped down from the Patriots staff to be ready. Yet, nothing has been announced. Moorhead could be taking the job for a lot less than Schiano wants and Rutgers is cheap enough to go with it.

Coursesuper
10-14-2019, 08:25 AM
I didn’t put any stock in this until now, I was told that this weekend it was going around the Nichols State staff that Moorehead was going to Rutgers. So take that how you will.

TrapGame
10-14-2019, 08:27 AM
If this is true I hope Keenum and Cohen are on top of this and are already looking for a replacement that is a good fit. We can't wait until November to start making phone calls.

msstate7
10-14-2019, 08:27 AM
I hate to get my hopes up; but if it's true, interview Bill Clark, Dave Clawson, and Willie Fritz. Offer the one with the best plan.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
10-14-2019, 08:29 AM

I was wondering this as well. I mean he ain't exactly polishing up his resume.

Bothrops
10-14-2019, 08:36 AM
If this is true I hope Keenum and Cohen are on top of this and are already looking for a replacement that is a good fit. We can't wait until November to start making phone calls.

They know.

AROB44
10-14-2019, 08:41 AM
I hate to get my hopes up; but if it's true, interview Bill Clark, Dave Clawson, and Willie Fritz. Offer the one with the best plan.

I just don't understand the Clark love. He's coached at South Alabama and UAB...?

StarkVegasSteve
10-14-2019, 08:51 AM
At this point I'm thinking a Hudspeth, OC Will Hall, DC Derek Mason coaching trio is looking pretty nice.

smootness
10-14-2019, 08:52 AM
At this point I'm thinking a Hudspeth, OC Will Hall, DC Derek Mason coaching trio is looking pretty nice.

LOL

TrapGame
10-14-2019, 08:52 AM

Mason is a hell of a DC. Terrible HC but damn good DC.

Tbonewannabe
10-14-2019, 08:56 AM
I just don't understand the Clark love. He's coached at South Alabama and UAB...?

He seems to be a great motivator and runs a good program. I am not sure on his recruiting ability. At the end of the day, you have to recruit in the SEC.

Dawg61
10-14-2019, 09:03 AM
Schiano stepped down from the Pats job 3 weeks after he took it. That was in late March. Rutgers fired their coach Sept. 29th. I don't think the two events are related.

gtowndawg
10-14-2019, 09:07 AM

Said the same thing yesterday. There's no way this is true. Rutgers can't be that stupid. I'm not just knocking Joe but good grief, surely they can come up with a list of better candidates. Surely. if not I need to get into coaching.

Dawg61
10-14-2019, 09:25 AM
Said the same thing yesterday. There's no way this is true. Rutgers can't be that stupid. I'm not just knocking Joe but good grief, surely they can come up with a list of better candidates. Surely. if not I need to get into coaching.

It's really not that far fetched that Rutgers would be very much infatuated with Penn State football and New York Giants RB Saquan Barkeley right now and would thumb their noses at Miss State football results. New Brunswick, NJ is less than an hour away from NYC and Barkeley is the greatest thing in the City since Odell left.

TrapGame
10-14-2019, 09:32 AM
It's really not that far fetched that Rutgers would be very much infatuated with Penn State football and New York Giants RB Saquan Barkeley right now and would thumb their noses at Miss State football results. New Brunswick, NJ is less than an hour away from NYC and Barkeley is the greatest thing in the City since Odell left.

This^^^^^

I think this is more of a Yankee thing. And I'm sure Moorhead will lose his recently obtained Southern disposition and start talking with a Brooklyn accent blaming everything on us backwards Southerners.

RiverCityDawg
10-14-2019, 09:33 AM

It's ridiculously hard to recruit and win at UAB, where all the odds are against you. His own board conspired to shut his program down and succeeded. He went to a bowl game, then they self imposed the death penalty, then in the first year back he went to a bowl again. It's the epitome of doing the most with less by pure guts, which is exactly what we need here. I'm not sure if he's the best option or not; but we could do FAR worse and are in fact seeing it now.

gtowndawg
10-14-2019, 09:39 AM
This^^^^^

I think this is more of a Yankee thing. And I'm sure Moorhead will lose his recently obtained Southern disposition and start talking with a Brooklyn accent blaming everything on us backwards Southerners.

I suppose so. I guess that's why they're Rutgers. If that's the extend of their decision making process than God help them.

sonof34
10-14-2019, 09:40 AM

Can?t forget about the one year at the powerhouse Jacksonville State

Cooterpoot
10-14-2019, 09:42 AM

We aren?t and shouldn?t hire any of those guys. We can do much better.

Dawg61
10-14-2019, 09:43 AM
It's ridiculously hard to recruit and win at UAB, where all the odds are against you. His own board conspired to shut his program down and succeeded. He went to a bowl game, then they self imposed the death penalty, then in the first year back he went to a bowl again. It's the epitome of doing the most with less by pure guts, which is exactly what we need here. I'm not sure if he's the best option or not; but we could do FAR worse and are in fact seeing it now.

I'd be good with a Bill Clark hire. He actually played us closer than we'd of like back in his first year in 2014. Granted UAB had three touchdowns greater than 75 yards that game but we still only beat them 47-34 and that was our greatest year ever in football history.

DownwardDawg
10-14-2019, 09:44 AM

This

Dawgfan77
10-14-2019, 09:44 AM
Call a skeptic but a radio personality in Philadelphia MS has an inside source about the HC position at Rutgers... I?m like the rest of you I want it to be true I?m just sayin that?s a bit of a reach

TrapGame
10-14-2019, 09:45 AM

Hey man, what's up in the locker room? You don't have to go into detail. What's the word?

dawgday166

Yea ... I been scratching my head about this too. I kinda tend to believe those folks at Rutgers wanna win football games. Maybe not tho **

Dawg_Lover
IF true, could this absolve MSU from legal obligation to pay out the balance of his contract?

Tbonewannabe
10-14-2019, 09:46 AM

I think if we don't hire someone with ties to the SEC or at least the South then it needs to be someone that is successful playing physical football. Napier at ULL might not be a bad choice.

dawgday166
10-14-2019, 09:46 AM
Call a skeptic but a radio personality in Philadelphia MS has an inside source about the HC position at Rutgers... I?m like the rest of you I want it to be true I?m just sayin that?s a bit of a reach

Radio personalities in Philadelphia, MS have extensive national networks **

Tbonewannabe
10-14-2019, 09:47 AM
IF true, could this absolve MSU from legal obligation to pay out the balance of his contract?

If he openly left to go to Rutgers then we would have to release him from his buyout. We would not owe anything.

Tbonewannabe
10-14-2019, 09:48 AM

Why would you go to Atlantic City when you could gamble at Silver Star?*****

TrapGame
10-14-2019, 09:48 AM
Yea ... I been scratching my head about this too. I kinda tend to believe those folks at Rutgers wanna win football games. Maybe not tho **

Well, it is Big10 football, so...

Maroonthirteen
10-14-2019, 09:49 AM

All my optimistic guesses...

1. Schiano turned down Rutgers or wants a ton of money.
2. Joe is begging for the job.
3. No other available coaches will touch th job
4. Rutgers believes their job = MSU. NJ > MS.

Dawg61
10-14-2019, 09:49 AM

Bruh not sure if serious? If Rutgers poaches Moorhead from us of course we no longer have to pay him. He doesn't get paid to be the HC at Rutgers and get paid his money to be the HC at Miss State at the same time. We aren't paying Dan Mullen to be the HC at Florida right now.

smootness
10-14-2019, 09:50 AM

Like an innovative, bright OC at a power program?.....

Good coaches can come from anywhere. So can bad coaches. There's no clear way to hire a good coach, you just have to know what you're looking for and be good at identifying the right traits.

Cooterpoot
10-14-2019, 09:52 AM
I think if we don't hire someone with ties to the SEC or at least the South then it needs to be someone that is successful playing physical football. Napier at ULL might not be a bad choice.

None of those guys has ties to the SEC except Clawson and it was a terrible season for him. He?s the only one of those worth talking to. There are rumors about who we?ve got on line one already, but I?ll wait til there?s some smoke before bringing him up.
I could see Clawson, Napier, and a few guys getting looks.

Dawg_Lover
10-14-2019, 09:53 AM
If he openly left to go to Rutgers then we would have to release him from his buyout. We would not owe anything.

Thanks for quick answer. Regardless of the wobbly legs supporting this rumor, I still hold out hope.

msstate7
10-14-2019, 09:55 AM

Like who we got?

eTA... all 3 are winning at places that are hard to win at. None have built in advantages... that's something I wanna look at in the next hire

msstate7
10-14-2019, 09:57 AM

Damn right. If the DJ plays his cards right, I might give him a weekly interview... he'd have a national broadcast in no time

dawgday166
10-14-2019, 09:58 AM
We oughta tell Belichick that NFL stuff is easy. If you want a real challenge, come lead us to a Natty ****

Tbonewannabe
10-14-2019, 09:58 AM
None of those guys has ties to the SEC except Clawson and it was a terrible season for him. He?s the only one of those worth talking to. There are rumors about who we?ve got on line one already, but I?ll wait til there?s some smoke before bringing him up.

I have zero input, I was just more stating that a coach needs to understand SEC football or have a very physical style of play. Joe is more finesse and out think the defense and that typically doesn't work too well. I am not sure if Mike Leach would do very well in the SEC either. There are times when you are on the goal line and just need to punch it in. Moorhead doesn't understand that.

NeshobaChuck
10-14-2019, 09:59 AM
I wouldn’t mind us going after Whittingham then bring in Bumphis to coach WRs and Boobie coach RBs (if he’s gotten his stuff lined up) gives you a big name HC with some guys with ties to MS high schools but that’s just my opinion ����*♂️

FISHDAWG
Like who we got?

eTA... all 3 are winning at places that are hard to win at. None have built in advantages... that's something I wanna look at in the next hire

Grantham perhaps ? .... I don't think he's ever been a head coach and may not want to but if I were Cohen I would have to ask the question at least

Maroonthirteen
Hmmm.... that’s interesting. Is there some wagging the dog going on out of Starkville ? Seems like it to me.

Rumors from not obvious places, MSU podcasters and Internet media all saying The same things. National/Regional Media saying the same things.

Lots of smoke

sonof34
10-14-2019, 10:01 AM

Napier did two stints at Bama...as an analyst and WR coach

Todd4State
10-14-2019, 10:09 AM
Hopefully the rumors are true because the way this appears to be playing out is almost our best case scenario. We keep Joe until the end of the year and he can just leave.

Hopefully he starts Shrader and gives us a chance to get 6 and a bowl.

Dawg61
10-14-2019, 10:18 AM
Dave Clawson has done a pretty good job at Wake Forest but he just lost to Louisville 62-59 in regulation. Scoring 59 points in regulation is awesome but giving up 62 isn't.

NWADAWG
10-14-2019, 10:21 AM

I believe this would be good for our team long term and short term.

Long term, we need a different coach.

Short term, Joe knows that his days are numbered and turning the ship around at this point would be nearly impossible for him. So, if he stays, what does he have to fight for. He could just tank it till he gets fired and ride off with his buyout money. If Rutgers is on the hook and he knows he can't sign till the season is over, he may fight for every point and at least minimize the damage to make sure Rutgers doesn't change their minds before the gets a chance to sign the contract.

msstate7
10-14-2019, 10:25 AM
Dave Clawson has done a pretty good job at Wake Forest but he just lost to Louisville 62-59 in regulation. Scoring 59 points in regulation is awesome but giving up 62 isn't.

It's horrible. The defense under Clawson is my main concern. I do think it's easier to scheme offense with less talent than defense though. Sorta banking on us being able to get more defensive talent here than he can at WF

TNDawg35
10-14-2019, 10:32 AM
Nappier as HC, Stoops as DC/Assocaite HC, and then go hire an OC.

My only question is how do we keep GS? I have feeling Moorehead will try to get him to go with him.

TTrams
10-14-2019, 10:33 AM
The greater fool theory gives me hope. Louisville did hire Peter Sirmon as their defensive coordinator.

yjnkdawg
10-14-2019, 10:35 AM
Nappier as HC, Stoops as DC/Assocaite HC, and then go hire an OC.

My only question is how do we keep GS? I have feeling Moorehead will try to get him to go with him.

I think Garrett would rather play in the SEC, than at Rutgers or some school like that.

dawgday166
10-14-2019, 10:37 AM
The greater fool theory gives me hope. Louisville did hire Peter Sirmon as their defensive coordinator.

Glimmer of hope ***

wild_dawg
10-14-2019, 10:37 AM
For what its worth, there's been no announcement on social media about JoMo's weekly press conference like there typically is. Could mean nothing, just something to keep an eye on. I would think if the Rutgers thing was a done deal, we'd just go ahead and move on.

Dawg61
10-14-2019, 10:40 AM
Shrader is good and I'd like to keep him but let's stop acting like he's freshman season Johnny Manziel. Keytaon shoulda been starting this entire season and GS shoulda been redshirting with Mayden as Keytaon's backup.

Commercecomet24
10-14-2019, 10:41 AM

Mullen's to State

Commercecomet24
10-14-2019, 10:43 AM
What if Cohen told joe to start looking and he told Rutgers he wanted the job and could now be available?

TrapGame
10-14-2019, 10:47 AM
What if Cohen told joe to start looking and he told Rutgers he wanted the job and could now be available?

That's a distinct possibility. I get the sense Cohen has gotten his ass reamed by Keenum, some former players and some big boosters.

NCDawg
10-14-2019, 10:49 AM

And Neal Brown too if he's willing to leave West Virginia. Wonder if Rutgers may be in need of an AD too?

dawgday166
10-14-2019, 10:54 AM
Hope I'm wrong but .. I think a lot of the speculation on here is mostly wishful thinking. There probably are some discussions here and there going on but the speed at which some of the speculation on here is suggesting seems to be a little bit of a stretch to me.

I'm not an insider tho and literally have no real clue about it either.

dawgday166
10-14-2019, 10:54 AM
That's a distinct possibility. I get the sense Cohen has gotten his ass reamed by Keenum, some former players and some big boosters.

Where you getting this "sense" from?

StarkVegasSteve
10-14-2019, 10:56 AM
Any interviewing process needs to begin with Willie Fritz. He's won big everywhere he's been and if he walks into Memphis Saturday night and knocks off Tiger High then his name is going to be red hot. If he's the guy you want you need to let that be known early that you want him. Plus his contract is only 1.2. We could offer him 2.5-3 and easily get him I'd have to believe.

maroonmania
10-14-2019, 10:58 AM

You really think we are going to pull a current successful P5 head coach? We are either going to have to go the coordinator route again or a G5 head coach. Bill Clark has made chicken soup out of chicken shit at UAB and he already has ties to our basic recruiting areas. Only drawback is that he has never coached outside of AL for whatever that is worth.

TrapGame
10-14-2019, 11:02 AM
Where you getting this "sense" from?

I'm using the Force.**

Shit, you know Cohen's getting reamed by some important folks. All of this is not happening in a vacuum.

Dawg_Lover
10-14-2019, 11:03 AM
Bruh not sure if serious? If Rutgers poaches Moorhead from us of course we no longer have to pay him. He doesn't get paid to be the HC at Rutgers and get paid his money to be the HC at Miss State at the same time. We aren't paying Dan Mullen to be the HC at Florida right now.

# 1 - Dude, not a ?bruh?, lol.

# 2 - There is the possibility of a ?behind closed doors? conversation initiated by an unhappy employer offering a contract termination negotiation. The employee, while realizing things aren?t going well, may have already been exploring future options. Should they reach a mutually agreeable resolution the employer accomplishes their desired result, and the employee can exit with a bit of humility intact.

# 3 - I asked that question because I appreciate the intelligent, sometimes exclusive, and/or thoughtful insight some board members offer.

Dawg61
10-14-2019, 11:06 AM
You really think we are going to pull a current successful P5 head coach? We are either going to have to go the coordinator route again or a G5 head coach. Bill Clark has made chicken soup out of chicken shit at UAB and he already has ties to our basic recruiting areas. Only drawback is that he has never coached outside of AL for whatever that is worth.

I don't think he's ever lived outside of Alabama. Born there, went to college there and has only coached there. However I don't actually see this as a drawback at all. If anyone knows the state of Alabama recruiting it's got to be him. Pair his home state ties of Alabama with our natural in-state ties with the MS high school recruits and well he's not gonna need to sign many more players a year than what he can pull from Mississippi and Alabama alone.

Dawg61
10-14-2019, 11:07 AM
# 1 - Dude, not a ?bruh?, lol.

# 2 - There is the possibility of a ?behind closed doors? conversation initiated by an unhappy employer offering a contract termination negotiation. The employee, while realizing things aren?t going well, may have already been exploring future options. Should they reach a mutually agreeable resolution the employer accomplishes their desired result, and the employee can exit with a bit of humility intact.

# 3 - I asked that question because I appreciate the intelligent, sometimes exclusive, and/or thoughtful insight some board members offer.

If Rutgers poaches him then we are immediately off the hook for any money we owe him as he'd no longer be employed by us and we didn't fire him.

Really Clark?
10-14-2019, 11:13 AM
I don't think he's ever lived outside of Alabama. Born there, went to college there and has only coached there. However I don't actually see this as a drawback at all. If anyone knows the state of Alabama recruiting it's got to be him. Pair his home state ties of Alabama with our natural in-state ties with the MS high school recruits and well he's not gonna need to sign many more players a year than what he can pull from Mississippi and Alabama alone.

Clark also knows and uses our JUCO’s a lot (JUCO’s and transfers from around the country as well)

maroonmania
10-14-2019, 11:20 AM
I have zero input, I was just more stating that a coach needs to understand SEC football or have a very physical style of play. Joe is more finesse and out think the defense and that typically doesn't work too well. I am not sure if Mike Leach would do very well in the SEC either. There are times when you are on the goal line and just need to punch it in. Moorhead doesn't understand that.

Joe apparently along with being a finesse, soft offense also has no discipline or accountability in his program either. That is why you end up with a Tutorgate problem that involves not 1, not 2, but TEN PLAYERS! Tutorgate is a microcosm of what is going on in our program. Ten players don't do that if they fear consequences and repurcussions from their head man. Maybe Joe can be the 'substitute teacher' type and get away with it at a Fordham where those players probably really are students first, but that crap will never work in the SEC. If you do the whole thing will run amok, and that is what we are seeing. You don't have to be a dick to your players but you can't take crap from them either and you better push them to get better and not depend on "self drive".

KB21
10-14-2019, 11:23 AM
You know what cracks me up? People want to call Joe?s system finesse, and then mention hiring an air raid guy as head coach. You don?t get more finesse than the air raid offense.

Joe?s system isn?t the issue. The lack of discipline and accountability are the issue.

Dawg61
10-14-2019, 11:34 AM
Joe's system is trash until proven here otherwise.

msstate7
10-14-2019, 11:35 AM
You know what cracks me up? People want to call Joe?s system finesse, and then mention hiring an air raid guy as head coach. You don?t get more finesse than the air raid offense.

Joe?s system isn?t the issue. The lack of discipline and accountability are the issue.

So joe is the issue. Either way, he's garbage

KB21
10-14-2019, 11:36 AM
So joe is the issue. Either way, he's garbage

Yes. Joe is clearly an issue as a head coach.

Political Hack
10-14-2019, 11:44 AM
I don't think we can blame tutorgate on Joe. And in my opinion, we don't have to. What's been done on the field is plenty enough reason to go in a different direction.

PGHBulldogBG
10-14-2019, 11:47 AM
We need to just pull the plug after the Egg Bowl. In the meantime finalize Bill Clark’s contract and be done with this drama.

vindastra
10-14-2019, 11:50 AM
Yes. Joe is clearly an issue as a head coach.

If there are potential interests from other parties, can we stop disparaging the coach.

At a minimum we should start threads extolling the virtues of our coach and offense.

Dawg61
10-14-2019, 11:58 AM
If there are potential interests from other parties, can we stop disparaging the coach.

At a minimum we should start threads extolling the virtues of our coach and offense.

We are helping Joe pack his bags and not turn down a Rutgers job if they offer it to him.

gtowndawg
10-14-2019, 12:13 PM

https://media.giphy.com/media/9t6xpYZ9npJmM/giphy.gif

OSCAR
10-14-2019, 12:29 PM

Can Rutgers pay enough money to make this true? I guess we could work out a settlement with Rutgers on his buyout behind the scenes?

Dawg61
10-14-2019, 12:36 PM
Can Rutgers pay enough money to make this true? I guess we could work out a settlement with Rutgers on his buyout behind the scenes?

Breaking video of Cohen on Rutgers campus this morning

https://media.giphy.com/media/l0HFkA6omUyjVYqw8/giphy.gif

Doggie_Style
10-14-2019, 12:38 PM

Actually that's an excellent idea and one that I hope we are working on!

Percho
10-14-2019, 12:52 PM
We oughta tell Belichick that NFL stuff is easy. If you want a real challenge, come lead us to a Natty ****

Work ethic.

Let's dig up this guy.

1 Early years
1.1 High school
1.2 Fordham University
1.3 Early career
2 Coaching career
2.1 St. Cecilia High School
2.2 Fordham University
2.3 West Point
2.4 New York Giants
2.5 Green Bay Packers

V Lombardi***

maroonmania
10-14-2019, 01:02 PM
I don't think we can blame tutorgate on Joe. And in my opinion, we don't have to. What's been done on the field is plenty enough reason to go in a different direction.

He absolutely shares blame in it along with our entire athletic and academic departments along with the students involved. But I personally put more blame on the lack of oversight of the whole situation than the fact 18-22 year olds saw an easy way to cut corners and took it (I mean how could anyone with a teenager not see that coming?). Seriously, who allows tests for online courses where its not even verified that the actual person was the one taking the test? MSU would do just as well to have students take home the exams from actual classrooms where the professor just tells them to bring it back filled out in a week. I'm sure no cheating would occur in that situation either.

MidTNDawg
10-14-2019, 02:54 PM
I hope they are looking whether rumor is true or not

Todd4State
10-14-2019, 02:59 PM
He absolutely shares blame in it along with our entire athletic and academic departments along with the students involved. But I personally put more blame on the lack of oversight of the whole situation than the fact 18-22 year olds saw an easy way to cut corners and took it (I mean how could anyone with a teenager not see that coming?). Seriously, who allows tests for online courses where its not even verified that the actual person was the one taking the test? MSU would do just as well to have students take home the exams from actual classrooms where the professor just tells them to bring it back filled out in a week. I'm sure no cheating would occur in that situation either.

Tutor gate says a lot about the athletic department as a whole moreso than it being Joe’s fault from the poor oversight to MSU over-penalizing itself in exemplary fashion.

HoopsDawg
10-14-2019, 03:24 PM
Clark also knows and uses our JUCO?s a lot (JUCO?s and transfers from around the country as well)

I was about to post the same thing. AL, MS and Jucos is all we need to be a T25 program.

ATTILLA THE DOG
10-14-2019, 03:36 PM
I was about to post the same thing. AL, MS and Jucos is all we need to be a T25 program.

Louisiana as well,lots of good solid football players down there.

maroonmania
10-14-2019, 04:30 PM
Tutor gate says a lot about the athletic department as a whole moreso than it being Joe’s fault from the poor oversight to MSU over-penalizing itself in exemplary fashion.

Until Bracky finally retires MSU will always get the max penalty for even the most minimal of infractions. MSU confesses and provides all the evidence to the NCAA for them to hit us over the head with a hammer. If you don't think something like tutorgate has happened on several instances at other FBS institutions with it being swept under the rug then I have some nice oceanfront property to sell you in Kansas. I'm still flabbergasted that a part-time student tutor for the University can actually get you on NCAA probation.

dawgday166
10-14-2019, 04:32 PM
Work ethic.

Let's dig up this guy.

1 Early years
1.1 High school
1.2 Fordham University
1.3 Early career
2 Coaching career
2.1 St. Cecilia High School
2.2 Fordham University
2.3 West Point
2.4 New York Giants
2.5 Green Bay Packers

V Lombardi***

Yea but back then Fordham was a different animal than today too. At one time Harvard and Yale ruled college football.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
10-15-2019, 11:27 PM
Damn 7 someone posted a screenshot of your post on Genespage..hahaha

Todd4State
10-15-2019, 11:29 PM
Until Bracky finally retires MSU will always get the max penalty for even the most minimal of infractions. MSU confesses and provides all the evidence to the NCAA for them to hit us over the head with a hammer. If you don't think something like tutorgate has happened on several instances at other FBS institutions with it being swept under the rug then I have some nice oceanfront property to sell you in Kansas. I'm still flabbergasted that a part-time student tutor for the University can actually get you on NCAA probation.

Yep.