PDA

View Full Version : If You were Cohen

Cowbell
10-13-2019, 10:34 PM
If I were Cohen, knowing what little I know, Shoop would become interim tomorrow. Just so others and fans know change is acomin.

What say you?

And Joe, if you are reading this. Just know I appreciate you as a person and wish you the best going forward. Enjoy the free money.

Todd4State
10-13-2019, 10:35 PM
If the rumors about Joe losing the team are true I'd probably do it.

I would think that if that was going to happen we would have heard about a "team meeting" or something like that by now.

HoopsDawg
10-13-2019, 10:41 PM
If I were Cohen, knowing what little I know, Shoop would become interim tomorrow. Just so others and fans know change is acomin.

What say you?

And Joe, if you are reading this. Just know I appreciate you as a person and wish you the best going forward. Enjoy the free money.

Same. And congrats to Joe for winning the 10million dollar lottery.

Cowbell
10-13-2019, 10:41 PM
If the rumors about Joe losing the team are true I'd probably do it.

I would think that if that was going to happen we would have heard about a "team meeting" or something like that by now.

Little more to work through here - would be tomorrow most likely

ScottH
10-13-2019, 10:45 PM
That would be the smartest thing to do.

If nothing else, the players respect Shoop.

CadaverDawg
10-13-2019, 10:53 PM
Shoop? The only reason we're not all calling for Shoop to be fired is because the only thing in college football weaker than his defense is Joe's offense. Shoop was a product of NFL talent last year....and a decent performance against the second to worst team in the SEC isn't going to make me forget how awful we are on D this season.

Im all about firing Joe ASAP, but not sure Shoop is the man to hand the reigns to. But I guess at this point there aren't many options.

Cowbell
10-13-2019, 10:55 PM
Shoop? The only reason we're not all calling for Shoop to be fired is because the only thing in college football weaker than his defense is Joe's offense. Shoop was a product of NFL talent last year....and a decent performance against the second to worst team in the SEC isn't going to make me forget how awful we are on D this season.

Im all about firing Joe ASAP, but not sure Shoop is the man to hand the reigns to. But I guess at this point there aren't many options.

Breathe dude. Nobody said to make him head coach. You got to leave someone in place to rally the troops until a head man is brought in.

CadaverDawg
10-13-2019, 10:57 PM
Breathe dude. Nobody said to make him head coach. You got to leave someone in place to rally the troops until a head man is brought in.

Yeah I guess that's the only decent option as interim if Joe is gone.

trojandawg
10-13-2019, 11:03 PM
Hughes I think would be the guy they would do that with if they do that and tell him he will be in charge of transition to the next staff and tell the next staff they have to keep him on somewhere.

Todd4State
10-13-2019, 11:05 PM
Hughes I think would be the guy they would do that with if they do that and tell him he will be in charge of transition to the next staff and tell the next staff they have to keep him on somewhere.

THIS.

Reunion Dog
10-14-2019, 01:35 AM
Tony Hughes is a complete idiot. He may can recruit... But he has NO SKILLS OR CLUE about how to run a football team. Look at his disaster at Jackson State. Y'all need to put down that Crack Pipe... His is CLUELESS ...

phatdog
10-14-2019, 05:03 AM
bring in the kang

MafiaDawg
10-14-2019, 05:40 AM
You have to cut bait. Sooner the better. The culture is soft and rotten. There are still a few players who may remember how it use to be so maybe a new guy can instill that again. I can not believe this loser ruined everything so fast but he did. You can not let him hang around another year.

Even If sloppy joe wanted to try and start acting tough it will not work because everyone would know it is fake.

RiverCityDawg
10-14-2019, 06:04 AM
I'm for cutting bait at this point, but I don't think you do it right now. Best case to me would be if Cohen can run enough back channels to get someone in place and we do it like the Ray/Howland exchange. I'm worried if you fire him now it gives too much time for players and recruits to get it in their heads that they should go somewhere else. By the time the new coach gets here several key players have their minds made up. Do it quickly and the new coach has a better chance of holding things together.

justwin
10-14-2019, 10:03 AM
If I'm Cohen, I'm not kneejerk about this. If I'm Cohen, I let Saturday vs LSU be the beginning of the true Joe Moorhead era and let it run these next 6 games to better make my decision. Why? He finally has his QB in Shrader. Yes, Shrader is younger, but its time to go with him to see how Joe's offense works. Everyone agrees with this. Last year, Fitz couldn't complete passes. This year, Tommy could, but got hurt.

Being devils advocate, I understand why Joe started Tommy vs Tenn. B/c he wanted to see if Tommy could return to form from first six quarters of season. Sadly, Tommy got the worst injury a QB can get to his shoulder in game 2 as that's now in his head. So, Tommy plays great first six quarters, then hurt. then returns for Auburn. If you really think back to the first two drives of Auburn, Tommy had 3rd & 8 on first series and took a sack but he did complete a pass prior to so was getting into rhythm. Then, next series, first two plays are runs with Kylin which we all want to see. Then, on 3rd down, Tommy steps up on 3rd and long knowing he's going to get creamed and throws a strike to Guidry to make a play to keep chains moving. Guidry drops and Tommy gives up his body and gets hurt to his leg. So, Tommy did step up and try to make a play so tough to argue there. Then, he has a supposedly good week of practice last week and best he's looked since first six games. So, Joe gives him 1H vs Tenn to basically as Tommy's last chance. Had Tommy got points instead of the pic to end 2Q, it may have been spark we needed. Nonetheless, Joe can now officially turn the page on Tommy. It's clear cut now.

Joe believes in one QB which I like. The post game press conference was basically a discussion between Steve & Joe which was good. Steve did great and asked several direct questions on QB1 in terms of Shrader throughout interview. Joe said it's Shraders turn post pic 2. So, I'm good with it, Joe. I do think its Shrader these last six games. That's what I (everyone) want to see. It would also be nice for Joe to announce Shrader as QB1 today so the world knows, but, especially Shrader for his confidence.

Football sucks when your qb is hurt. That's what this boils down to. Plus, I don't blame Joe for not playing Keytaen since he quit. I like Keytaen and understand why he went to portal, but he quit. I do wish Keytaen the best as I really like him as a QB last year.

But back to your question, here are the other things I want to see last six games if I'm Cohen:
1. Recruiting ~ can you keep what you have and continue to bolster? I think he can. Will you land top flight WRs, mainly Heath. Plus, got to keep Rogers @ Brandon whose legit.
2. Shrader ~ can Shrader go 3-3 or better last 6 games & actually score points vs LSU & Bama? I think he can.
3. Does the team rally around Shrader? I think they do.
4. Our DL should be better in 2020 with the Jucos and the current guys being a year older.
5. I still remember that Joe won the Big 10 @ PSU and basically saved Franklin's job in year 3. I remember that Joe got UCONN to the fiesta bowl years ago too. I say that as I think Joe's Offense has a much higher ceiling when the QB position is settled so I just want to see Joe's O with the right QB for several games in a row to form an opinion.
6. Most importantly, I want to see if Joe can insulate his team from the outside noise / complaining and get his team to play hard last six games.

People are going nuts about Joe Brady right now. Well, he learned under Joe so there's that. Plus, Burrow has been terrific this year, injury free qb so that helps.

Of course, I'm furious about the TN loss though.

Tbonewannabe
10-14-2019, 10:13 AM
If I'm Cohen, I'm not kneejerk about this. If I'm Cohen, I let Saturday vs LSU be the beginning of the true Joe Moorhead era and let it run these next 6 games to better make my decision. Why? He finally has his QB in Shrader. Yes, Shrader is younger, but its time to go with him to see how Joe's offense works. Everyone agrees with this. Last year, Fitz couldn't complete passes. This year, Tommy could, but got hurt.

Being devils advocate, I understand why Joe started Tommy vs Tenn. B/c he wanted to see if Tommy could return to form from first six quarters of season. Sadly, Tommy got the worst injury a QB can get to his shoulder in game 2 as that's now in his head. So, Tommy plays great first six quarters, then hurt. then returns for Auburn. If you really think back to the first two drives of Auburn, Tommy had 3rd & 8 on first series and took a sack but he did complete a pass prior to so was getting into rhythm. Then, next series, first two plays are runs with Kylin which we all want to see. Then, on 3rd down, Tommy steps up on 3rd and long knowing he's going to get creamed and throws a strike to Guidry to make a play to keep chains moving. Guidry drops and Tommy gives up his body and gets hurt to his leg. So, Tommy did step up and try to make a play so tough to argue there. Then, he has a supposedly good week of practice last week and best he's looked since first six games. So, Joe gives him 1H vs Tenn to basically as Tommy's last chance. Had Tommy got points instead of the pic to end 2Q, it may have been spark we needed. Nonetheless, Joe can now officially turn the page on Tommy. It's clear cut now.

Joe believes in one QB which I like. The post game press conference was basically a discussion between Steve & Joe which was good. Steve did great and asked several direct questions on QB1 in terms of Shrader throughout interview. Joe said it's Shraders turn post pic 2. So, I'm good with it, Joe. I do think its Shrader these last six games. That's what I (everyone) want to see. It would also be nice for Joe to announce Shrader as QB1 today so the world knows, but, especially Shrader for his confidence.

Football sucks when your qb is hurt. That's what this boils down to. Plus, I don't blame Joe for not playing Keytaen since he quit. I like Keytaen and understand why he went to portal, but he quit. I do wish Keytaen the best as I really like him as a QB last year.

But back to your question, here are the other things I want to see last six games if I'm Cohen:
1. Recruiting ~ can you keep what you have and continue to bolster? I think he can. Will you land top flight WRs, mainly Heath. Plus, got to keep Rogers @ Brandon whose legit.
2. Shrader ~ can Shrader go 3-3 or better last 6 games & actually score points vs LSU & Bama? I think he can.
4. Our DL should be better in 2020 with the Jucos and the current guys being a year older.
5. I still remember that Joe won the Big 10 @ PSU and basically saved Franklin's job in year 3. I remember that Joe got UCONN to the fiesta bowl years ago too. I say that as I think Joe's Offense has a much higher ceiling when the QB position is settled so I just want to see Joe's O with the right QB for several games in a row to form an opinion.
6. Most importantly, I want to see if Joe can insulate his team from the outside noise / complaining and get his team to play hard last six games.

People are going nuts about Joe Brady right now. Well, he learned under Joe so there's that. Plus, Burrow has been terrific this year, injury free qb so that helps.

We have looked soft, slow, and unfocused in every game this year. I just think the SEC is too big for Joe. I don't think the issues on the field can be fixed without major changes to the program. Joe has said he needed to change the culture but all of the changes to the culture that I see, I don't like. You don't see many guys give "Relentless Effort". I might have had issues with Mullen but he made sure the effort was there.

Bothrops
10-14-2019, 10:17 AM
I'm with justwin, let Moorhead work Shrader into the starting role from here on, except I wouldn't play him Saturday, no point... but it would allow time to build Cohen's case against Moorhead, or by miracle, tear it down. By miracle, would mean winning the last 3 games.

Really Clark?
10-14-2019, 10:47 AM

Joe Brady spent one season under Moorehead. What he is utilizing at LSU is a lot more Sean Payton (spent a lot longer with Payton learning and that is from Brady himself). Brady uses RPO’s and some of it us from Joe but the majority of the system they developed this offseason (passing game wise) is so much more rooted in what Payton does

RiverCityDawg
10-14-2019, 11:17 AM
This thing is way beyond offensive scheme and which quarterback to play, etc. We had a bye week to prepare for a SORRY Tennessee team and we were unprepared, made no adjustments, were uninspired and played soft. It's now obvious to everyone who was still on the fence before (like I was). These are all problems that cannot be fixed in a few weeks. Even if we beat a few crappy teams before the end (which I doubt we'll do), it's off the rails and once that happens it's over.

OSCAR
10-14-2019, 12:41 PM

What say you?

The book isn’t shut on this season yet. Will it be a disappointing season? Yes. Will it be a fireable season? Maybe, but I’m not sure he doesn’t deserve another year to show growth and improvement unless it is clear he has lost the program. These sanctions have been more crippling than we wanted to admit in the midst of a rebuilding year.

smootness
10-14-2019, 12:45 PM
The book isn’t shut on this season yet. Will it be a disappointing season? Yes. Will it be a fireable season? Maybe, but I’m not sure he doesn’t deserve another year to show growth and improvement unless it is clear he has lost the program. These sanctions have been more crippling than we wanted to admit in the midst of a rebuilding year.

It is clear he has lost the program.

He won't be fired until after the season, if at all, however.

Tbonewannabe
10-14-2019, 12:47 PM

There were crippling to the defense, they had zero affect on the offense. My biggest issue is we just look like a team going through the motions.

TrapGame
10-14-2019, 12:53 PM
There were crippling to the defense, they had zero affect on the offense. My biggest issue is we just look like a team going through the motions.

This^^^^^

Tommy was supposed to prove the Joe supporters were right and all he needed was "his" QB. The offense is a lukewarm fiasco. That's all on Joe 100%.

OSCAR
10-14-2019, 04:28 PM
It is clear he has lost the program.

He won't be fired until after the season, if at all, however.

I’m not quite to “he’s lost the program” just yet. I guess I just had much lower expectations this year than most. If they don’t show fight for winnable games like Arkansas and the Egg Bowl leading to a win of at least one then I completely agree and I don’t think there is any way he will be retained.

Really Clark?
10-14-2019, 04:47 PM
I’m not quite to “he’s lost the program” just yet. I guess I just had much lower expectations this year than most. If they don’t show fight for winnable games like Arkansas and the Egg Bowl leading to a win of at least one then I completely agree and I don’t think there is any way he will be retained.

Goodness. Tenn was as a winnable game as we may have this season, as horrid as they have been. They played a quarter and half good vs GA and Chattanooga. That’s it. And we showed no desire to win that game and had issues at half time with players. At Ark will be difficult and EB has been basically a split for the last 2 decades. I agree if we somehow finish 6-6, things will be difficult. But there wasn’t a lot of fight last weekend already, needing a win

Mobile Bay
10-14-2019, 05:24 PM
If I were Cohen I would sign Jackie Sherrill to a 1.5 year contract to stop the bleeding, write a letter of apology to our fans, and take a long walk off the jumbotron to avoid the shame.

smootness
10-14-2019, 05:44 PM

We haven't shown fight really all year, and we didn't show a whole lot last year.

I don't know why you say that about Arkansas and OM after we've already seen the Tennessee game. At some point, it's just obvious.

magrooder
10-14-2019, 05:57 PM
bring in the kang

I hope you left off the sarcasterisks been there done that.

timotheus
10-14-2019, 06:13 PM
Will the heat be warm enuf to make a move after we only beat Abilene the rest of the way? God lets hope. The players do not respect this guy at all. He couldn't instill fear in a beagle puppy.