PDA

View Full Version : Auburn game 2018

DownwardDawg
10-13-2019, 09:20 PM
What happened to that offense? I thought JoMo had it figured out when I watched that game. That?s who we are. That?s what we do. That game plan would have won 9-10 games last year and with Shrader would be 5-1 this season. What happened? Is he just too stubborn or just not as great an offensive mind as many thought?

dawgday166
10-13-2019, 09:22 PM
That was the kind of creativity I expected from Joe. Unfortunately that's the only time he's done that.

yjnkdawg
10-13-2019, 09:33 PM
He schemed that rb motion offense specifically for the Auburn game and it caught Auburn' DC and defense off guard and by surprise, and they never could adjust to it. After that it was no surprise, for Aranda and all the other good SEC DC's as they then had it on film (video). I guess that's why he abandoned it, but I do know it was specifically designed for that Auburn game initially.

DownwardDawg
10-13-2019, 09:52 PM
He schemed that rb motion offense specifically for the Auburn game and it caught Auburn' DC and defense off guard and by surprise, and they never could adjust to it. After that it was no surprise, for Aranda and all the other good SEC DC's as they then had it on film (video). I guess that's why he abandoned it, but I do know it was specifically designed for that Auburn game initially.

Well, that game plan would have beaten Florida easily and the LSU game would have been really close. Probably would have beaten Kentucky too. He outsmarted himself I guess by abandoning it.

dawgday166
10-13-2019, 10:18 PM

So an offensive savant has only a couple of tricks in his back pocket? Hugh Freeze lived for game planning against superior opponents .. and was damn good at it too.

yjnkdawg
10-13-2019, 10:22 PM
So an offensive savant has only a couple of tricks in his back pocket? Hugh Freeze lived for game planning against superior opponents .. and was damn good at it too.

That's why Saban wanted him on his staff and he liked Freeze too.

yjnkdawg
10-13-2019, 10:32 PM
Well, that game plan would have beaten Florida easily and the LSU game would have been really close. Probably would have beaten Kentucky too. He outsmarted himself I guess by abandoning it.

I doubt that would have worked against Aranda, but the other two, I think it probably would have worked. Must have done more detailed study and research on the Auburn defense and tendencies. Like I said, I'm not sure why it was designed specifically for the Auburn game.

trojandawg
10-13-2019, 10:52 PM
Even then it was one trick of motioning Rb and giving to rb or Fitz running.

I think I have seen us run like one jet sweep with a slot and that was Saturday for five yards. It?s like jo doesn?t believe that other players besides the qb and rb can be used on the edges or in motion to open up the game. Watching the Florida LSU made me miss all the misdirection, trickeration, and using the slot backs in the run game. I also saw the option pitch used several times to perfection and though Shrader and Hill could really do that well. I?ve also noticed Moorhead completely messed up our blocking schemes. Not sure what they are teaching but it?s almost like a hesitation pass block we do now on run plays instead of true down hill or zone block. I think that mid why our runs start so slow they hesitate way too much before going forward. In dan?s system there wasn?t as much hesitation in the run or block. Our run game has suffered from it especially near the goal or short yardage.