PDA

View Full Version : JoeMo's "He Plays Better In Practice" Mentality Needs A Little (or a lot of) Fine

yjnkdawg
10-13-2019, 07:25 PM
JoeMo's "He Plays Better In Practice" Mentality Needs A Little (or a lot of) Fine Tuning Prior to the LSU Game Or Things Could (Will) Get a Lot Uglier. There is a fine line between being the better practice player and the way he performs in actual game day situations (Power Five Games). Some players just perform better in actual games than in practice. That's just the reality of sports, and coaches should be able to evaluate that based upon the comparison of the production shown on the field in an actual game. Even the fans can recognize which player performs better in an actual game situation. It's not rocket science. I know it's a good morale factor to reward players for their performance in practice, and they should be if their performance on the field in actual games justifies that. However, we didn't hire a coach and pay him to win in practice, but we hired him to win actual games that count, and moving us up (not down) to the next level. I think Garrett will start against LSU, but if he doesn't then I think something is definitely "Rotten in the State of Denmark". Yep, everything that was said (apparently a smoke screen) made it appear that due to better practice and health was the reason that Tommy was the best choice to start. When his Power Five Game production showed otherwise. I feel sorry for Tommy, but Garrett has to be the quarterback going forward.

MetEdDawg
10-13-2019, 07:33 PM
Here's what we all should be able to agree on:

1) Understand why he went with Stevens. Hasn't been healthy, finally was healthy, and Moorhead brought him in to run the offense. That was supposed to be his guy and it unfortunately cost us yesterday. Plus the chance that Shrader could still potentially RS if Stevens could manage it.

2) Now that it hasn't worked, barring injury, Shrader should be it from here on out period. That should be obvious to Moorhead now and if it isn't then that's a bigger issue than what we currently have.

timotheus
10-13-2019, 09:01 PM
Just watch guys not finishing routes and the whiffs our O line does up front. Gay was useless yesterday and changed the game absolutely zero. Bottom line these kids do not respect Joe and will not play for him. This is a complete cluster F. And I'm glad Joe finally got his head seat properly adjusted after fiddling with it the entire first half. I love watching him stare at that sheet he holds in his hand and call a play and then see the defense change also. The only person who is being fooled is Joe. Boy ole Brian Baker saw this crash coming huh?

yjnkdawg
10-13-2019, 09:09 PM
Just watch guys not finishing routes and the whiffs our O line does up front. Gay was useless yesterday and changed the game absolutely zero. Bottom line these kids do not respect Joe and will not play for him. This is a complete cluster F. And I'm glad Joe finally got his head seat properly adjusted after fiddling with it the entire first half. I love watching him stare at that sheet he holds in his hand and call a play and then see the defense change also. The only person who is being fooled is Joe. Boy ole Brian Baker saw this crash coming huh?

And our strength and conditioning program left with Andy Piroli when he went back to the NFL. I'm not positive on who made the hire within call, but I have a good idea. I'm also still trying to find this physicality that we are supposed to be playing with? I was really hoping that JoeMO would be successful here, and that we would see those home run type plays that we had been missing. but I don't see that happening now.

ShotgunDawg
10-13-2019, 09:16 PM
- The "practice" performance thing is BS & is the excuse given because no one can debate it since no one was there.

- A coach that can't evaluate his own players has no chance