PDA

View Full Version : My thoughts....

wild_dawg
10-13-2019, 01:53 PM
1. Yesterday was flat out terrible, those were two ill prepared football teams. There were a few (I mean few) bright spots, but my gosh it was bad.

2. I've changed my mind on this for what its worth, but JoMo is coaching for his job in the 2nd half of the season. He has to fix these issues or he's toast. At 6-6 he's safe, you just can't fire a coach at Mississippi State for going 6-6 in a rebuilding year, 5-7 he's probably safe but if we get blown out by Mississippi he could be in danger, at 4-8 I think there's a strong possibly he is gone, 3-9 he won't be coaching in the Egg Bowl.

3. Our former players saying on social media we have a culture problem is very concerning, if anyone knows about this it is them. There is a clear culture problem. What beat UL in the Gator Bowl was culture. We don't have that edge anymore.

4. The defense except for a few blunders looked good yesterday. They really only gave up 17 points (3 were gifted by the turnover at the end of the 2nd Q). If you would have told me going in we gave up 20 points, I would have liked our chances.

5. How do you not go with GS at this point? I hate it for Tommy, seems like a great guy, but you have to do what is best for the team. As has been said many times on this board, he's the real deal. Im excited to watch his career at Mississippi State. He is Moorhead's saving grace at this point

6. The 2nd half of this season is crucial for our program, we have to find a way to six wins. Those extra practices make a difference. Scratch, claw, and fight, do what it takes to get to 6 wins.

7. I have lost all hope in JoMo and believe there needs to be a change, but I will always support the team, school, and coach. But that doesn't mean i have to like the coach.

8. I'll be there Saturday with not much hope, but man wouldn't it be great to ruin LSU's season, screw them.

KOdawg1
10-13-2019, 02:13 PM
Moorhead has no saving grace. He's done. There's nothing he can do (outside of beating LSU or Bama, which is laughable to think about) that will win me back. My only hope is that he doesn't completely run us into the ground before his time here is up.

timotheus
10-13-2019, 02:18 PM
1- Amen

2-I sure hope Cohen agrees

3-We are soft with overweight linemen

4- D played well enuf for a victory

5- If he gears the O toward Shrader's strenghts. I'm not sure Joe knows just what that is yet. (the scramble is the most productive play)

6- I doubt Joe can get us there

7- I agree totally that Cohen blew this one. We need a coach who will tell the guys that we are overmatched in some areas and need to play our asses off to compete and not act as if we have equal talent. I'm glad UT had all those injuries etc up front on both sides.

8- and I'd like a million too. LSU will beat us a bad as they want to plain and simple

R2Dawg
10-13-2019, 02:29 PM
Agree if he could by a miracle go 6-6, he saves the program from complete destruction. Win the bowl game against a lesser team and you have a little hope into next year and signing day.

Anything less than that especially if we lose the egg bowl, and he will be read his rights but given one more year.

AROB44
10-13-2019, 04:32 PM
Not defending Joe in any way (time to make a change), but it's going to take a lot more than a new coach to turn this around. I just don't see much SEC talent on our team. I've seen this movie before (to many times, in fact). Been following MSU since student days in early 60s. Been a member of the BC since its formation.