PDA

View Full Version : Sunday Morning QB- You Cant Blame Fitz Anymore Edition

Coach34
10-13-2019, 09:19 AM
1. 4 game winning streak, Fall Break, a restful Friday after a Thursday night game...it was all setting up to be such a good Saturday. Inch and a half ribeye was just waiting to jump on the grill. It was going to be such a great day Saturday....

2. After spending the last year blaming Fitz for our offensive woes- many of you have finally woken up to the actual problem- our Head Coach and his offense. 2 weeks to get ready for the "dumpster fire" that has been Tennessee football. Georgia State went in there and hammered them. BYU went in there and beat them. Georgia just went in there and beat them by 29. Shirley Jo-Vester could go in there and get a dub right? Nobody is asking for a blowout- just a dubya. He had 2 weeks to get ready for them. Well no he couldnt get it done. Congrats for finally seeing what a few of us saw last year- its not Fitz that was the problem. It's the HC and this offense thats the real problem.

3. I explained weeks ago that Shrader needed to be the QB. This team is built to #RTGDF while having a mobile QB make a few throws. It doesnt matter what the HC wants to do- that is irrelevant. This team is built how its built. It's not built to slang it around. We dont have the pass-blocking linemen nor do we have the quality of WR to do that. Plastic Man can't handle the load of doing that. Shrader can. We got Fool's Gold vs ULL and Southern Miss. After K-State threw Tommy Boy on his ass a few times- he was done. No need to see anymore of that.

4. Speaking of QB's- getting Stevens has all but killed this season. Getting Stevens got Jo-Vester all giddy about having this sophisticated RPO all the time system. Jo-Vester can now rock and roll and show the SEC how smart he is. We have seen how that shit works. If KT and Shrader are our QB's- we go more with QB runs and less complicated reads in the passing game. We likely beat K-State and Tennessee by going that route. Every time Shrader comes in- we involve the QB more in the run game and the offense gets better. It's easy to see. But we keep rolling Stevens out there because he can run what Jo-Vester wants to run better in practice. Well, we dont get to play against scout defenses on Saturday. Now here we are midseason with it being obvious Stevens isnt the answer, KT on the team in name only before heading out in December, Mayden looking to transfer, and Shrader. Nice job Jo-Vester of killing this program.

5. Tennessee was last or 13th in the SEC in sacks and TFL's. They had 8 sacks coming into yesterday thru 5 games- 1 game vs Jo-Vester? 7 sacks and 10 TFLs. 2 weeks to put together that kind of game plan against a "dumpster fire". WOW

6. Kylin Hill? 11 carries for 13 yards. Kylin is a weapon and they worked hard and taking him away. Thats why you have a mobile QB that can help with that. Shrader went for 13/62 and that included 1 sack in just a half. Thats how you keep a defense honest. But dont we have an offensive genius for a HC? Where was a screen to Hill? Where was a swing pass to get him i
n space? Why dont we line him up as #3 in trips to get him matched up vs a LB on a pass route? There are ways to get him the ball besides a zone handoff.

7. How about Isaiah Zuber? 50-plus catches the last 2 seasons. 24 as a freshman. Has 7 catches in 6 games. Has he really played better competition than the Big 12 so far? Auburn certainly but thats about it. I didnt get excited about him because I didnt figure on him making an impact because Jo-Vester's O is so complicated with all its reads and shit. Meanwhile- Tennessee out-passed us yesterday with their Jr High offense they ran. We cant just get the snap and flip it to Zuber or Guidry or anybody because that would be too easy. We have to line-up and call a play, wait 10 seconds so we can see the D, then decide if we are going to run that play or change to another play, and then snap the ball play after play.

8. Speaking of offensive genius:

2016 (Soph Fitz)- 56th in Scoring O...44th in Total O
2017 (Jr Fitz)- 41st in Scoring O...46th in Total O
2018 (Sr Fitz with Jo-Vester and a veteran O)- 68th in Scoring O....71st in Total O
2019 (Jo-Vester with his QB's and a vet OL)- 82nd in Scoring O....94th in Total O

9. Jo-Vester in SEC road games:

10 vs 1-4 Tenn
23 vs Auburn (most of that after the game was decided)
35 vs an awful OM D
0 vs Bama
3 vs LSU
7 vs Kentucky

13 PPG in SEC road games with a 1-5 record

10. Seeing the talk of making a change. I dont see it happening after 2 seasons- especially if the $9MM number is true. No way we will pay that so someone wont come to work. Even if its only $6MM- I dont see us paying it. I have also seen people mention tutorgate being an escape on the buyout- but I'm hearing that's not true because it involved something from outside the athletic department and therefore Jo-Vester cant be held liable. So he is gonna get paid. Looks to me- right now- we gonna have to ride this ride all the way thru 2020. Maybe something changes- who knows.

11. We arent beating LSU, A&M on the road, nor Bama. That leaves us having to sweep the last 3 to go bowling. AC should be an easy one. That leaves road UPig in November- which is always tough- and home to OM. OM has a 2 game winning streak in StarkVegas. If they make it 3 Jo-Vester's support will be Cohen and that's it. You know Keenum will go apeshit. November should be interesting.

12. I could do all the "i told you so's"....but y'alls ass knows and thats enough for me. HailState

Jacksondevildog
10-13-2019, 09:25 AM
Flawless Victory. Fatality.

1. 4 game winning streak, Fall Break, a restful Friday after a Thursday night game...it was all setting up to be such a good Saturday. Inch and a half ribeye was just waiting to jump on the grill. It was going to be such a great day Saturday....

2. After spending the last year blaming Fitz for our offensive woes- many of you have finally woken up to the actual problem- our Head Coach and his offense. 2 weeks to get ready for the "dumpster fire" that has been Tennessee football. Georgia State went in there and hammered them. BYU went in there and beat them. Georgia just went in there and beat them by 29. Shirley Jo-Vester could go in there and get a dub right? Nobody is asking for a blowout- just a dubya. He had 2 weeks to get ready for them. Well no he couldnt get it done. Congrats for finally seeing what a few of us saw last year- its not Fitz that was the problem. It's the HC and this offense thats the real problem.

3. I explained weeks ago that Shrader needed to be the QB. This team is built to #RTGDF while having a mobile QB make a few throws. It doesnt matter what the HC wants to do- that is irrelevant. This team is built how its built. It's not built to slang it around. We dont have the pass-blocking linemen nor do we have the quality of WR to do that. Plastic Man can't handle the load of doing that. Shrader can. We got Fool's Gold vs ULL and Southern Miss. After K-State threw Tommy Boy on his ass a few times- he was done. No need to see anymore of that.

4. Speaking of QB's- getting Stevens has all but killed this season. Getting Stevens got Jo-Vester all giddy about having this sophisticated RPO all the time system. Jo-Vester can now rock and roll and show the SEC how smart he is. We have seen how that shit works. If KT and Shrader are our QB's- we go more with QB runs and less complicated reads in the passing game. We likely beat K-State and Tennessee by going that route. Every time Shrader comes in- we involve the QB more in the run game and the offense gets better. It's easy to see. But we keep rolling Stevens out there because he can run what Jo-Vester wants to run better in practice. Well, we dont get to play against scout defenses on Saturday. Now here we are midseason with it being obvious Stevens isnt the answer, KT on the team in name only before heading out in December, Mayden looking to transfer, and Shrader. Nice job Jo-Vester of killing this program.

5. Tennessee was last or 13th in the SEC in sacks and TFL's. They had 8 sacks coming into yesterday thru 5 games- 1 game vs Jo-Vester? 7 sacks and 10 TFLs. 2 weeks to put together that kind of game plan against a "dumpster fire". WOW

6. Kylin Hill? 11 carries for 13 yards. Kylin is a weapon and they worked hard and taking him away. Thats why you have a mobile QB that can help with that. Shrader went for 13/62 and that included 1 sack in just a half. Thats how you keep a defense honest. But dont we have an offensive genius for a HC? Where was a screen to Hill? Where was a swing pass to get him i
n space? Why dont we line him up as #3 in trips to get him matched up vs a LB on a pass route? There are ways to get him the ball besides a zone handoff.

7. How about Isaiah Zuber? 50-plus catches the last 2 seasons. 24 as a freshman. Has 7 catches in 6 games. Has he really played better competition than the Big 12 so far? Auburn certainly but thats about it. I didnt get excited about him because I didnt figure on him making an impact because Jo-Vester's O is so complicated with all its reads and shit. Meanwhile- Tennessee out-passed us yesterday with their Jr High offense they ran. We cant just get the snap and flip it to Zuber or Guidry or anybody because that would be too easy. We have to line-up and call a play, wait 10 seconds so we can see the D, then decide if we are going to run that play or change to another play, and then snap the ball play after play.

8. Speaking of offensive genius:

2016 (Soph Fitz)- 56th in Scoring O...44th in Total O
2017 (Jr Fitz)- 41st in Scoring O...46th in Total O
2018 (Sr Fitz with Jo-Vester and a veteran O)- 68th in Scoring O....71st in Total O
2019 (Jo-Vester with his QB's and a vet OL)- 82nd in Scoring O....94th in Total O

9. Jo-Vester in SEC road games:

10 vs 1-4 Tenn
23 vs Auburn (most of that after the game was decided)
35 vs an awful OM D
0 vs Bama
3 vs LSU
7 vs Kentucky

13 PPG in SEC road games with a 1-5 record

10. Seeing the talk of making a change. I dont see it happening after 2 seasons- especially if the $9MM number is true. No way we will pay that so someone wont come to work. Even if its only $6MM- I dont see us paying it. I have also seen people mention tutorgate being an escape on the buyout- but I'm hearing that's not true because it involved something from outside the athletic department and therefore Jo-Vester cant be held liable. So he is gonna get paid. Looks to me- right now- we gonna have to ride this ride all the way thru 2020. Maybe something changes- who knows.

11. We arent beating LSU, A&M on the road, nor Bama. That leaves us having to sweep the last 3 to go bowling. AC should be an easy one. That leaves road UPig in November- which is always tough- and home to OM. OM has a 2 game winning streak in StarkVegas. If they make it 3 Jo-Vester's support will be Cohen and that's it. You know Keenum will go apeshit. November should be interesting.

12. I could do all the "i told you so's"....but y'alls ass knows and thats enough for me. HailState

BeastMan
10-13-2019, 09:29 AM
$9M is peanuts compared to what we will lose next year in season ticket sales and donations. That’s how you have to look at buyouts. They’ll negotiate something where he won’t get a full $9M.

WinningIsRelentless
10-13-2019, 09:31 AM
His players involved in Tutorgate are inside the program. We have the out to void the contract and our President and AD are willing to fight thru court to enforce it.

Jacksondevildog
10-13-2019, 09:32 AM
That's what I've been telling people since yesterday. MSU will lose more than 9 million over the next year to year and a half if they keep this clown. Not to mention the revenue the city of Starkville will lose. He isn't turning this around. The culture is soft and he can't go in Monday morning and be a hard ass and change things.

Things I've noticed all year:
1. Players blow off coaches information when coming off the sideline. No respect.
2. Players loaf on and off off the field. No accountability.
3. Linemen are out of shape. Guts hanging out like Billy Bob at Jerry's Catfish House. No S&T program.
4. Players not finishing plays. Last in the SEC in missed tackles on D. Soft culture.
5. Head coach looking clueless and defeated in postgame media table. Doesn't know the answer because he doesn't understand the question.

shoeless joe
10-13-2019, 09:32 AM
I don’t think Cohen has to wait for the egg bowl loss to be the only one left on the Jomo wagon

PMDawg
10-13-2019, 09:39 AM
I only have one nitpick - after last season, it was more than "a few of us" who knew Joe sucked. At least IRL. Well over half of my State friends knew. Probably more like 3/4. It's just been a very vocal group on here that refused to admit it.

HoopsDawg
10-13-2019, 09:40 AM
$9M is peanuts compared to what we will lose next year in season ticket sales and donations. That’s how you have to look at buyouts. They’ll negotiate something where he won’t get a full $9M.

I'm still blown away by the buyout. Why? Why???? He wasn't going anywhere. He had no leverage.

Saltydog
10-13-2019, 09:45 AM
"Plausible deniability". I highly doubt there's anything that could directly implicate him in tutorgate. If you want to go digging more and more be careful because you might not like what you find and you damn well know Bracky would turn it over. Do you really want to take that chance?

BeardoMSU
10-13-2019, 09:46 AM
Pretty much nailed it.

Cooterpoot
10-13-2019, 09:50 AM
The payout will be almost $6M. In two years he?s been here, we?ve banked $4M. This is easy. If it?s not, Cohen needs to be fired.

Turfdawg67
10-13-2019, 09:52 AM
I only have one nitpick - after last season, it was more than "a few of us" who knew Joe sucked. At least IRL. Well over half of my State friends knew. Probably more like 3/4. It's just been a very vocal group on here that refused to admit it.

Yay! Pat yourself on the back. MSU fans whine so much it's hard to pick out which whine is correct and whine is just yalls typical bitching. So glad all you f*ckers can now gloat that "you" saw this last year.

Coach34
10-13-2019, 10:00 AM
The payout will be almost $6M. In two years he?s been here, we?ve banked $4M. This is easy. If it?s not, Cohen needs to be fired.

I dont think its just about money- altho thats a big part. I think it's going to be the optics of only giving him 2 seasons. We know we need to pull the trigger- but will be worried about what Finebaum and others will say about him not getting enough time. I havent talked to anyone yet so I'm just guessing at this point- but I'm not sold on losing to OM and missing a bowl game being enough for Keenum and Crew to make the call after 2 seasons.

TrapGame
10-13-2019, 10:02 AM
Questions C34:

1) How in the hell did we beat Kentucky?

2) What do you put on your steaks? And do you use charcoal or gas?

Good write up. I think we are ALL on the same page now.

Cooterpoot
10-13-2019, 10:03 AM
Meh, optics are an old, outdated term. College football is now huge money. Could be getting very expensive if players are paid. You’re going to see it happen a lot going forward. 15 years ago I’d agree. But not now.

msstate7
10-13-2019, 10:05 AM
Nfl teams fire coaches after 1 year every year, and there is always someone to take the job. As long as we paying 2.5-5 million a year, there will be viable candidates

Saltydog
10-13-2019, 10:14 AM
Could you start a search behind the scenes now and then make a decision at seasons end based on who you find? So, if you found your guy you pull the trigger. If not, you weigh out your options and decide from there. I'm just asking because I'm not sure. What are the possibilities?

Dawg61
10-13-2019, 10:16 AM
If we're gonna #RTGDF we shoulda been doing it all year with Keytaon. He's miles better than Shrader at running it. No disrespect to Shrader.

Coursesuper
10-13-2019, 10:20 AM
Could you start a search behind the scenes now and then make a decision at seasons end based on what you find? So, if you found your guy you pull the trigger. If not, you weigh out your options and decide from there. I'm just asking because I'm not sure. What are the possibilities?

If, they have begun to think about making a change and they haven’t already begun contacting agents behind the scenes we will get exactly what we deserve.

MarketingBully
10-13-2019, 10:27 AM
Questions C34:

The UK game Shrader went the whole way.

TrapGame
10-13-2019, 10:28 AM
The UK game Shrader went the whole way.

Excellent point.

MarketingBully
10-13-2019, 10:30 AM
Excellent point.

If Shrader had started the game, he’d be 2-0 as a starter. JoMo is a complete idiot.

TrapGame
10-13-2019, 10:34 AM
If Shrader had started the game, he’d be 2-0 as a starter. JoMo is a complete idiot.

No argument there. The way Shrader has played all season especially the Auburn game told me he needs to be the starter. This is not rocket science. We can see what's on the field. Stevens is a liability.

Coach34
10-13-2019, 10:38 AM
Questions C34:

Shrader

Rub it down with a little worchestershire and cracked pepper...always charcoal.

BeardoMSU
10-13-2019, 10:44 AM
Rub it down with a little worchestershire and cracked pepper...always charcoal.

Well-done with a side of ketchup?**

Coursesuper
10-13-2019, 10:48 AM
Well-done with a side of ketchup?**

That’s just nasty.

ScottH
10-13-2019, 10:53 AM
We have the out to void the contract and our President and AD are willing to fight thru court to enforce it.

Unfortunately that's not in their DNA.

shoeless joe
10-13-2019, 10:56 AM
I dont think its just about money- altho thats a big part. I think it's going to be the optics of only giving him 2 seasons. We know we need to pull the trigger- but will be worried about what Finebaum and others will say about him not getting enough time. I havent talked to anyone yet so I'm just guessing at this point- but I'm not sold on losing to OM and missing a bowl game being enough for Keenum and Crew to make the call after 2 seasons.

Disagree wholeheartedly here. Any coach worth his salt would be able to see EXACTLY why a change was made. W?s and L?s Are only a small part of that. And because we?re only a couple years away from a hard nosed accountable program it wouldn?t take a massive overhaul to get back.

BuckyIsAB****
10-13-2019, 11:56 AM
Could you start a search behind the scenes now and then make a decision at seasons end based on who you find? So, if you found your guy you pull the trigger. If not, you weigh out your options and decide from there. I'm just asking because I'm not sure. What are the possibilities?

Cohen claims he has a list every year should something happen. If he doesnt have a list now he is failing at his job. Moorhead is not the guy. He has lost the fanbase. It is over.

Bothrops
10-13-2019, 12:20 PM
If we lose the rest of the conference schedule, I think he's gone this year. If he beats only Arkansas I could see it too. There is simply nothing to build toward next season under this regime.

defiantdog
10-13-2019, 12:36 PM

It's about the money..... we are already one of the poorest when it comes to creating revenue in the SEC. I believe only Vandy and Mizzou are behind us. Ticket sales have plummeted this year (The Kentucky game only had 54,000 attend). We keep losing games, and we'll keep losing revenue. Buying out a coaches contract for $6 million is a lot less than losing $20 million per year in revenue. You're only as strong as your weakest contributor. We cannot expect growth and change without making a change at head coach.

We keep comparing Joe's performance to Croom. The biggest difference is Croom wasn't handed 3 NFL first round picks. Croom had to fix the locker room and clean up the program. IT's sad to say, but Joe is worse than Croom. Joe has been given talent. He's also been given the tools to find talent. We are still recruiting between the 20 - 30 range in comparison to the rest of the D1. We haven't made any leaps in recruiting. We are becoming an embarrassment to the rest of the SEC.

BrunswickDawg
10-13-2019, 12:49 PM
I'm going to disagree with one point -
We were built to RTDF, we aren't anymore. The OL has regressed since the start of the season and so has Kylin. We ran for less yards than Ga State and Chattanooga did against UT. That's not a team built to run anymore.

Commercecomet24
10-13-2019, 12:49 PM
Disagree wholeheartedly here. Any coach worth his salt would be able to see EXACTLY why a change was made. W?s and L?s Are only a small part of that. And because we?re only a couple years away from a hard nosed accountable program it wouldn?t take a massive overhaul to get back.

Good points. This is the way I see it too. Anyone who watched yesterday can figure out what the problem is.

TrapGame
10-13-2019, 12:59 PM
Good points. This is the way I see it too. Anyone who watched yesterday can figure out what the problem is.

Precisely. We go from where Mullen had us to a full 9 year regression in 1.5 years with Joe. There are good coaches who would give their left nut for this chance. They have to be identified by someone other than Cohen. I'd like to see a committee headed by Jackie with a four or five illustrious former players. They interview and give their recommendations to Keenum.

Commercecomet24
10-13-2019, 12:59 PM
I don't know what or if this means anything but joe cancelled the leadership council meeting this morning with the team leaders.

TrapGame
10-13-2019, 01:01 PM
I don't know what or if this means anything but joe cancelled the leadership council meeting this morning with the team leaders.

Sounds like he's throwing in the towel.

Commercecomet24
10-13-2019, 01:05 PM
Sounds like he's throwing in the towel.

Yeah at the very least it's a gutless thing to do unless there was some legitimate reason but he gave no reason to the players for the cancellation just a text.

msstate7
10-13-2019, 01:07 PM

This is cause, right? Haha

dawgday166
10-13-2019, 01:09 PM
Yeah at the very least it's a gutless thing to do unless there was some legitimate reason but he gave no reason to the players for the cancellation just a text.

So you don't think it's possible the Principal called him to the office and wanted to discuss some things with him?

Commercecomet24
10-13-2019, 01:11 PM
So you don't think it's possible the Principal called him to the office and wanted to discuss some things with him?

You never know lol

dawgday166
10-13-2019, 01:13 PM
You never know lol

I just would find it hard to believe Cohen or Keenum don't have some folks bitching in their ears about some of this.

Commercecomet24
10-13-2019, 01:15 PM
I just would find it hard to believe Cohen or Keenum don't have some folks bitching in their ears about some of this.

Yeah you know Cohen hasn't had a good Saturday or Sunday morning. I'm sure his phone and email is blown up.

Cowbell
10-13-2019, 01:22 PM
Yeah you know Cohen hasn't had a good Saturday or Sunday morning. I'm sure his phone and email is blown up.

Can someone share his email on here or pm - I have a few things to share with him respectfully.

msstate7
10-13-2019, 01:24 PM
Can someone share his email on here or pm - I have a few things to share with him respectfully.

theoffensivesavant@msstate.edu
Or personal: itsfitzandmullensfault@gmail.com

TrapGame
10-13-2019, 01:27 PM

It started out as a whisper but now it's a scream. Cohen is catching hell. I guarantee it.

Quaoarsking
10-13-2019, 01:29 PM

Why do we think Finebaum or anyone else will criticize it? Plenty of national media types have said that Joe was a bad hire, and if the season ends like we all suspect it will, plenty more will.

In the last year, Houston football and Memphis basketball have fired far better coaches after 2 years just to get an upgrade in there, and they survived whatever national angst there may have been.

defiantdog
10-13-2019, 01:30 PM

Mailbox has reached its limit on both accounts..... what else you got?

dawgday166
10-13-2019, 01:30 PM

Those are Joe's email and he was asking for Cohen's. Here they are:

I_hired_theoffensivesavant@msstate.edu
bring_on_bama_now_that_fitzandmullenaregone@gmail. com

Todd4State
10-13-2019, 01:38 PM

Most likely he?s not man enough to hear that his decision to start Tommy Turnover was stupid and cost us the Tennessee game and caused us to be embarrassed by Auburn.

Todd4State
10-13-2019, 01:40 PM

Way too many important MSU people pissed off right now for nothing to happen IMO. And not enough on Joe’s side to stop it.

dawgday166
10-13-2019, 01:42 PM
Most likely he?s not man enough to hear that his decision to start Tommy Turnover was stupid and cost us the Tennessee game and caused us to be embarrassed by Auburn.

He does seem pretty sensitive to criticism. Not sure team leadership would have told him that tho. Maybe.

defiantdog
10-13-2019, 01:45 PM
Way too many important MSU people pissed off right now for nothing to happen IMO. And not enough on Joe’s side to stop it.

These important MSU people are pissed about Joe starting Stevens as well.

Todd4State
10-13-2019, 01:47 PM
He does seem pretty sensitive to criticism. Not sure team leadership would have told him that tho. Maybe.

I’m sure that they hate losing and being embarrassed as much as we do if not more. I can tell you from taking to a current player on the team who is on the leadership council that Tennessee was a very big game for the team in the offseason. For Joe to play favorites and then have that performance happen- I’m sure it’s not sitting well.

And then there are other internal rumored issues that I’m sure the council would maybe want to address as well after this has come to a head now.

Todd4State
10-13-2019, 01:48 PM

And rightfully so.

dawgday166
10-13-2019, 01:51 PM

Joe kinda totally lost me with this. That's why I posted the "revisionist" history as he called it on all those times we started 3-2. If he just answered questions and not jab back I might could've lived with it. Jabbing back last year that we shouldn't really expect better than 8 wins didn't set well with me tho.

shoeless joe
10-13-2019, 01:56 PM

I?m choosing to take this as a glimmer of hope...

Todd4State
10-13-2019, 02:11 PM
I?m choosing to take this as a glimmer of hope...

Long term it’s probably not bad for us whatever the reason is.

BuckyIsAB****
10-13-2019, 04:22 PM
Joe kinda totally lost me with this. That's why I posted the "revisionist" history as he called it on all those times we started 3-2. If he just answered questions and not jab back I might could've lived with it. Jabbing back last year that we shouldn't really expect better than 8 wins didn't set well with me tho.

Yep. This and the bob from bogue chitto comments made me pretty mad. You just got beat by 50 and it couldve been by 100 if Auburn wanted it and you are throwing jabs at the fans. Then after he comes in talking heismans and ring sizes he backtracks all the way to where its not his fault its ours.

We had 36 MAs against Auburn. That is coaching malpractice. There is talent on the team. It is being ran into the ground

TrapGame
10-13-2019, 04:38 PM

And the "We gotta change the culture around here." Huh? What's wrong with "the culture" here? That's when I started thinking he might be in over his head.

The Federalist Engineer
10-13-2019, 06:23 PM
If we get lucky, a new Lee Begley will emerge and save MSU 9M....JC needs to put a skank in the office that has the man-in-power complex

I'm joking but this is the plot of a hilarious Argentine comedy from the 1970s

dawgday166
10-13-2019, 06:34 PM
Yep. This and the bob from bogue chitto comments made me pretty mad. You just got beat by 50 and it couldve been by 100 if Auburn wanted it and you are throwing jabs at the fans. Then after he comes in talking heismans and ring sizes he backtracks all the way to where its not his fault its ours.

We had 36 MAs against Auburn. That is coaching malpractice. There is talent on the team. It is being ran into the ground

MAs?? Missed assignments?

If so ... I mean I've watched some video and rewound it and whatnot but I never counted missed assignments. Either you spending a lot of time watching video and counting or you on the inside if MA means Missed Assignments.

Pollodawg
10-13-2019, 06:35 PM
Disagree about Kylin being a weapon. He runs timid when he runs against anybody with a pulse. He dissapears when we need him most. Always has.

dawgday166
10-13-2019, 06:42 PM
And the "We gotta change the culture around here." Huh? What's wrong with "the culture" here? That's when I started thinking he might be in over his head.

Yea ... that press conference last year was when I started to get a real uncomfortable feeling. You lose a couple of games and now it's because the culture needs changing from the Mullen era.

Far as I could tell the kids went to class, made their grades (which is why we were able to go to bowl in '16), and played tough football on Saturdays. Was clueless myself on what else needed to change.

Now I think I know. No yelling at kids during practice, no hard practices, probably no wind sprints running all-out, and everyone gets a participation trophy. If we lose on Saturday, we talk it out on Sunday and share our feelings ******

https://y.yarn.co/e7fb2527-0436-43c2-8b4c-2c0fb33fa47f.mp4?1571010391437

R2Dawg
10-13-2019, 07:04 PM

Agree and His comment this past off season saying that who were we to have expectations since we had only won one SEC title really ticked me off. It was like he was already positioning himself better than MSU kinda like Mullen did.

R2Dawg
10-13-2019, 07:07 PM
Disagree about Kylin being a weapon. He runs timid when he runs against anybody with a pulse. He dissapears when we need him most. Always has.

Maybe but all I know is he had 5 defenders on him as soon as he got the ball at AU and UT. Now is it OL play, Joes O scheme, playcalling or all of the above but Walter Payton couldn't have had a good day with those odds. Kylin has proven he can produce if he gets a crack.

HoopsDawg
10-13-2019, 07:07 PM
Agree and His comment this past off season saying that who were we to have expectations since we had only won one SEC title really ticked me off. It was like he was already positioning himself better than MSU kinda like Mullen did.

pissed me off too. he made it sound like we should just be happy he won 8 games last year b/c we almost never do it at MSU. Coach007 could have won 9 with last year's talent.

TrapGame
10-13-2019, 07:53 PM
Maybe but all I know is he had 5 defenders on him as soon as he got the ball at AU and UT. Now is it OL play, Joes O scheme, playcalling or all of the above but Walter Payton couldn't have had a good day with those odds. Kylin has proven he can produce if he gets a crack.

From what we've seen so far I'm beginning to think Joe's scheme is easy to game plan against. We tripped up A&M and AU last year b/c we got away from it.

I seen it dawg
10-13-2019, 08:07 PM

We have team leaders?

Coursesuper
10-13-2019, 08:44 PM

This is not a good thing. The rumor about halftime yesterday must have some validity.

TrapGame
10-13-2019, 08:47 PM
This is not a good thing. The rumor about halftime yesterday must have some validity.

I saw Cooter post about it in the game thread but other than that I haven't seen anything else. If the players are revolting against Joe we might not win another game. They just won't give a shit.

MoreCowbell
10-13-2019, 08:54 PM

What rumor? Can you elaborate

Mjoelner34
10-13-2019, 08:59 PM
What rumor? Can you elaborate

I just went back and looked. Cooter said some shit went down in the locker room at halftime and he didnt know if it would turn out to be good or bad. I didnt read further to see if any details were given. I dont know if it had anything to do with Kylin liking a tweet during halftime that I read somewhere.

War Machine Dawg
10-13-2019, 09:32 PM

True story. He's had literally no holes to run through for the last 2 weeks. Anyone saying Kylin is timid running the ball is full of it. Of all the problems with this team right now, Kylin is far and away the least. I mean, holy shit, how bad would we be without him?

yjnkdawg
10-13-2019, 09:42 PM
True story. He's had literally no holes to run through for the last 2 weeks. Anyone saying Kylin is timid running the ball is full of it. Of all the problems with this team right now, Kylin is far and away the least. I mean, holy shit, how bad would we be without him?

It's called by some as putting your players in a situation where they can be successful, but Kylin hasn't been put in that position in the last two games.

Commercecomet24
10-13-2019, 09:52 PM

Yeah I think joes pretty much lost the team but I think everyone's pretty much figured that out by now. Joe didn't even really address the team after the game. Basically just let's load up.

MoreCowbell
10-13-2019, 11:04 PM
I just went back and looked. Cooter said some shit went down in the locker room at halftime and he didnt know if it would turn out to be good or bad. I didnt read further to see if any details were given. I dont know if it had anything to do with Kylin liking a tweet during halftime that I read somewhere.

Ahh gotcha, thanks for clarifying

gtowndawg
10-14-2019, 09:18 AM
Yeah I think joes pretty much lost the team but I think everyone's pretty much figured that out by now. Joe didn't even really address the team after the game. Basically just let's load up.

If that's true and he also canceled this leadership council thing this morning than it's worse than I thought (and I think it's really bad). We're looking at a miserable 6 weeks coming up. If they keep him for next year, I give up.

Tbonewannabe
10-14-2019, 09:22 AM

Do you think it had anything to do with Cohen being at the press conference? Maybe Joe was told to start looking for something else so he didn't feel like talking to the team.

TrapGame
10-14-2019, 09:28 AM
If that's true and he also canceled this leadership council thing this morning than it's worse than I thought (and I think it's really bad). We're looking at a miserable 6 weeks coming up. If they keep him for next year, I give up.

At this point I doubt he will be here next year. I think he realizes he's in way over his head and he wants out. He thought he could coach this team like it was Fordham, but we ain't Fordham and this sure as hell ain't the Patriot League.

HancockCountyDog
10-14-2019, 11:04 AM
pissed me off too. he made it sound like we should just be happy he won 8 games last year b/c we almost never do it at MSU. Coach007 could have won 9 with last year's talent.

I'll be interested to see how many players from the 2018 team end up on NFL roster or practice squad in September of 2020.

I had always thought we were going to come back and win that game Saturday and I hate Jomo's offense.

Bottom line is that if we beat Ole Miss that will satisfy a large part of our fan base, at least to the point of not wanting him fired. Lets remember 2013 CDM was on the extreme hot seat and kicking the shit out of the bears really saved his job. I expect the same to happen here.

Of course if we could go get Willie Fritz, I'd drive Joe to the airport myself.

Commercecomet24
10-14-2019, 11:16 AM
Do you think it had anything to do with Cohen being at the press conference? Maybe Joe was told to start looking for something else so he didn't feel like talking to the team.

I know that Cohen talked with joe in private immediately after the game. It wasn't to pat him on the back.

CovertDawg
10-14-2019, 11:24 AM
My biggest complaint about the TN game was not being willing to go with a two quarterback system in the first half. I can actually understand starting Tommy because TN had shown no effective pass rush against prior opponents and we saw against UL and USM that if you give Tommy a clean pocket then he is capable. But it was clear early on we needed to give TN a different look and I would have given Shrader the 3rd offensive possession of the game.

TrapGame
10-14-2019, 11:27 AM
I know that Cohen talked with joe in private immediately after the game. It wasn't to pat him on the back.

And then he cancels the team leadership meeting. The perception looks as though he has thrown in the towel.

Cloak
10-14-2019, 11:31 AM
And then he cancels the team leadership meeting. The perception looks as though he has thrown in the towel.

Vanilla Croom

NCDawg
10-14-2019, 11:32 AM
I think we may could have won the TN game if Gay would have made the tackle when it was 3rd and 8 at the 50 after we had closed it to 13-10. TN threw a little flare pass to the sideline and Gay ran over and missed the tackle. Then, on the next series, they threw another sidelines pass which they scored and put the game out of reach. I really thought we were going win when we closed in to 13-10, but our defense let them take it 90 yards for the TD to win the game. Not a very good perfromance by our defense.

Commercecomet24
10-14-2019, 11:33 AM

Yeah it's a bad look. I know when I'm challenged I fight back.

Coursesuper
10-14-2019, 12:04 PM
Yeah it's a bad look. I know when I'm challenged I fight back.

Yep, the optics of this couldn't be much worse for this staff. We shall see.

shoeless joe
10-14-2019, 12:06 PM

There are little nuggets of hope all over the board this mornin...