PDA

View Full Version : Joe's "Genius" Offense

Dawg61
10-13-2019, 09:03 AM
Here's the one single point I just keep going over and over with Joe. Whatever offense he runs is his. Whatever play he picks is his. He's the head coach and he's the offensive coordinator so he can literally run/pick any play in the history of football plays and it'd be his offense yet he's so committed and stupidly stubborn to only run his Fordham basement plays he's willing to sacrifice yards, points, games, players and his job to still run them. I'd just run plays that work if it was my offense. I'm no "Genius" though.

TrapGame
10-13-2019, 09:16 AM
Here's the one single point I just keep going over and over with Joe. Whatever offense he runs is his. Whatever play he picks is his. He's the head coach and he's the offensive coordinator so he can literally run/pick any play in the history of football plays and it'd be his offense yet he's so committed and stupidly stubborn to only run his Fordham basement plays he's willing to sacrifice yards, points, games, players and his job to still run them. I'd just run plays that work if it was my offense. I'm no "Genius" though.

Kinda like last year with AU and A&M? I thought the light bulb may have gone off then but I was wrong. So wrong.

Dawg61
10-13-2019, 09:20 AM
Kinda like last year with AU and A&M? I thought the light bulb may have gone off then but I was wrong. So wrong.

Exactly! He already has evidence here that other plays work and get him SEC wins yet he still keeps reverting back to his Fordham pizza party basement plays.

tcdog70
10-13-2019, 09:36 AM
Our best player is Hill.But Joe never gets Him the ball where He can be effective. Tenn stacked the box and Keyed on Hill but Joe kept giving Him the Ball right up the gut. Can we not run him on a wheel route, screen pass, quick pitch, or a swing pass? I keep waiting for these QBs to be better than Fitz, so far not happening.

The defense played a better game. But is it a rule that our first guy has to whiff on a tackle. And when we blitz we are ineffective. If I have Gay available, then I'm using Him as a Blitzer on every down. Sorta like Allen for KY last year. Gay sat on the sideline way too much. Even The Vols shitty QB looks good against our porous zone with no pressure.

MetEdDawg
10-13-2019, 11:33 AM
Moorhead relies on him out-scheming the other team, not our team winning individual matchups. We are schemed to get skill guys open, not have skill guys win matchups.

I know some of that is the Moorhead process but I do think some of our issues look worse because our WR is so bad. That can work some in the SEC, but with some of the best defensive minds in college football coaching in the SEC, you can't consistently out scheme the opposing side.

The one thing I will say for Moorhead (I'm squarely off the train) is that he has shown some ability to adapt. We tried some hurry up yesterday. Got us a sweep in the offense too. But if he wants to be more consistently successful:

1) He has the temper the finesse style with a major increase in physicality
2) He has to rely on his guys to make plays, not necessarily scheme them into making plays
3) he has to improve the athleticism across the board

We look like a team trying to be schemed into success and not letting guys just make plays and that has to change

dawgday166
10-13-2019, 11:45 AM
Our best player is Hill.But Joe never gets Him the ball where He can be effective. Tenn stacked the box and Keyed on Hill but Joe kept giving Him the Ball right up the gut. Can we not run him on a wheel route, screen pass, quick pitch, or a swing pass? I keep waiting for these QBs to be better than Fitz, so far not happening.

The defense played a better game. But is it a rule that our first guy has to whiff on a tackle. And when we blitz we are ineffective. If I have Gay available, then I'm using Him as a Blitzer on every down. Sorta like Allen for KY last year. Gay sat on the sideline way too much. Even The Vols shitty QB looks good against our porous zone with no pressure.

You'll find very few college QBs better than Fitz. You put Fitz as a soph on Bama's team with Mullen coach what does he look like .. Hurts. Actually, in 2016 he was better than Hurts and only had Fred Ross ... nowhere near the weapons Hurts had.

You put Fitz on LSU or FL last night, Bama, OSU, OK, Clemson ... all his numbers would go up. Their WRs catch those uncatchable balls, 50/50 balls, balls they have to reach for, etc. And each of those QBs have plenty of time to throw too.

ETA: Our WRs would be missing those balls and/or letting 50/50 balls get picked and our fanbase would be all over Fitz. As a QB, you throw the ball where your guy can get it and the other can't. Our fanbase thinks this is a "horrible pass" cause our WRs don't catch those. Our fanbase thinks every pass should hit receiver in stride between the numbers. And when Guidry gets hit with pass like that ... he still freakin drops it, or it bounces up and is picked.

R2Dawg
10-13-2019, 02:49 PM
We have one or two very good WR. Mitchell is very, very good. Thomas does his part too. Other are inconsistent.

We have all kinds of weapons on O but don't use them. Anyone seen Dear, Spivey, Jones, not much of Green. Little Gibson. We run a play that works and we never run it again.

dawgday166
10-13-2019, 02:57 PM
We have one or two very good WR. Mitchell is very, very good. Thomas does his part too. Other are inconsistent.

We have all kinds of weapons on O but don't use them. Anyone seen Dear, Spivey, Jones, not much of Green. Little Gibson. We run a play that works and we never run it again.

They're decent .. but they ain't on same continent as LSU, Bama, Ga weapons are. And only Mitchell has shown he can come down with 50/50 balls.

parabrave
10-13-2019, 03:22 PM
Speaking of SloMos offense who watched the LSU game and knew exactly what Mullen would run when they got near the Goal. I sat there and called every play that they ran.

Jacksondevildog
10-13-2019, 03:24 PM
We have zero identity on offense. I don?t know if we?re a make-believe passing team or a running team. Hell, I don?t even think the team or coaching staff knows.

Martianlander
10-13-2019, 05:39 PM
Apparently Moorehead's offense has a similarity with Crooms. It takes six years for players to learn it.

timotheus
10-13-2019, 05:54 PM
Arkansas and the sharks will both put up tween 30-40 points on us. Can we score 4 or 5 TD's on either of them? I'm picking no. JoMo has the intellectual level of a mediocre High School coach who lack the capacity to evaluate game film and assess talent. It matters not what play should be run at a given time. What matters to Joe is what plat does he think will be explosive and ultimately surprise absolutely none of the D coordinators who we face. He can't simply line up and run a play. He has to limit any offensive tempo and rangle with his own mind as to what play to call next. And then he wonders why stevens looks good against our 2's and 3's in practice.

R2Dawg
10-13-2019, 06:03 PM
Speaking of SloMos offense who watched the LSU game and knew exactly what Mullen would run when they got near the Goal. I sat there and called every play that they ran.

Yep, I was doing the same thing. He is so easy to call D plays against if you know him.

R2Dawg
10-13-2019, 06:05 PM
We have zero identity on offense. I don?t know if we?re a make-believe passing team or a running team. Hell, I don?t even think the team or coaching staff knows.

So true. I think that is why our team has no energy. They stay confused about everything. They just want to play football. Joe has made it so complicated, we play slow and make a lot of mistakes.

timotheus
10-13-2019, 06:25 PM
He honestly couldn't tell u what our Offensive strengths are. He thinks being irrational as far as play calling goes will make him more effective. All he is doing is mentally debating himself when he selects a play.