PDA

View Full Version : I wonder how long Felker would last in 2019 coming off of Tech and 10?

Indndawg
10-13-2019, 06:30 AM
Point is, MSU tends to let coaches hang around too long

Bellard: should have been gone after 83 or 84

Rocky: done after 88

JWS: done after 2002

Croom: done after 2005

drunkernhelldawg
10-13-2019, 07:58 AM
Does today show that we might have been better off to just hang in there with Rocky at the time? Blasphemy land?

basedog
10-13-2019, 08:04 AM
Does today show that we might have been better off to just hang in there with Rocky at the time? Blasphemy land?

What I said a few days ago. Also folks on here aren't old enough to understand our past in football, it seems to come up and bite us in the butt every so often. In my lifetime we have only had two winning Coaches, JWS was even and only Mullen had success but none had a winning Sec record. No one that I know ever has, and I'm betting my V cash the future Coach want either. Yes we can have success and we don't get bite as often but it will happen again one day.
It's who we are and there are about half the other teams in the Sec that are in the boat with us now days.

msbulldog
10-13-2019, 08:13 AM
Agree basedog, I've been a fan since about 1966 or 1967 and have seen a lot of very bad football. Houston 72-0 anyone, it will turn back to good.

basedog
10-13-2019, 08:18 AM
Agree basedog, I've been a fan since about 1966 or 1967 and have seen a lot of very bad football. Houston 72-0 anyone, it will turn back to good.

Actually 74-0 but what's a few points, LOL. My history started in 1969 with Msu, times are much better now days but we are again in the stage of "next Coach", our hope is to get a up and comer and gamble or get some retread who can give us a few good years.

Maroonthirteen
10-13-2019, 08:30 AM
I became a fan in 1980 at 7 years old. After listening Jack call the 6-3 game. I remember watching the sun bowl loss on tv.

I remember all the excitement of JWS first year.... beating Texas. Then lose
To Memphis State a few weeks later. Play Alabama tough, damn near win. Beat Auburn and OM. Lose to air Force to cap it off. 2014 finish. Good season 2015, finished with Daks last egg bowl. Over and over and over.

We just don’t attract the talent to get over that hump. However a good coach can maximize the talent we get and have a respectable team. Moorhead ain’t that coach.