PDA

View Full Version : So tired of this BS

PKADogs55
10-13-2019, 05:29 AM
Yes ... the game was about as bad as it could get. All you crying folks week after week. Fire Jomo, Fire Cohen, Fire whoever the 17 yall claim. MS State ... women's basketball... straight getting as good as it gets in the nation. Baseball ... 2 trips to the CWS. Men's basketball .. I think it's only going up??? Mens tennis ... straight doing what they do. Football ..
Yes yesterday was horrible to watch, but did you guys think this was not a rebuilding year? Calm your asses, take a breath, let's just get better, and wreck havoc next year. Yall act like this university is just done with. It sucks, but have a little faith guys. Jesus ... the ark was built with wood, the titanic was built with the rest

PKADogs55
10-13-2019, 05:34 AM
I cussed every word you can imagine ... but change your minds and look up. I cant think of a positive, but god damn, pull for this coach (hard as it might seem), embrace this university, and keep thinking forward ... or ... let's just slide into the abyss. What else can we do?

PKADogs55
10-13-2019, 05:48 AM
Oh ... OM has a better QB, or a better coach. We dont run the right routes .. hill doesnt get enough carries. Green never sees the ball. Who are we starting from tutor gate? Why is Steven's starting? Why is our defense so flat? Why did Mullen leave? I
17ing tired of it. Just support our boys, and let's just support these guys. Hell I love all yall, and I'm sick to my stomach too, but we can puss out ... or just take it a game at a time and get this team where we want.

PKADogs55
10-13-2019, 05:49 AM
Sorry had to vent ... I'm good now

ShotgunDawg
10-13-2019, 07:00 AM
Supporting the university at times means calling for change when it's clear one is needed.

This isn't about yesterday. It's a culmination of 2 years of wasting the most talented MSU team ever and now looking like a team that doesn't practice.

Supporting JoMo at this point is not supporting the university. It's choosing to hide under a rock and tell yourself everything is ok. Telling yourself everything is ok ruins organizations when incompetent people are running them.

Cooterpoot
10-13-2019, 07:04 AM
Supporting the university means getting this coach out. He’s a joke.

Leeshouldveflanked
10-13-2019, 07:11 AM
Stricklin gave Cohen the keys to a smooth running machine and Cohen ran it off a cliff.

MafiaDawg
10-13-2019, 07:20 AM
We can not let sloppy run the program into the ground more than he already has. We can not afford not to fire him. Got to cut bait now. He is not the answer and never will be. It is time. He has ruined the culture in his short time here.

Doggie_Style
10-13-2019, 07:30 AM
Yes ... the game was about as bad as it could get. All you crying folks week after week. Fire Jomo, Fire Cohen, Fire whoever the 17 yall claim. MS State ... women's basketball... straight getting as good as it gets in the nation. Baseball ... 2 trips to the CWS. Men's basketball .. I think it's only going up??? Mens tennis ... straight doing what they do. Football ..
Yes yesterday was horrible to watch, but did you guys think this was not a rebuilding year? Calm your asses, take a breath, let's just get better, and wreck havoc next year. Yall act like this university is just done with. It sucks, but have a little faith guys. Jesus ... the ark was built with wood, the titanic was built with the rest

LOL.....as I sit here in my hotel room in Knoxville I just have to laugh at this take....LOL

msudawg1200
10-13-2019, 07:54 AM

The part of your diatribe that shows me you must not watch the games is you say ?let?s get better?. We are not getting better under this buffoon. We are going backwards. You say have a little faith. Do you know what faith means? Trust and confidence. Through his tenure name me one thing Moorhead has done that shows you to trust that he will do the job. Not just empty words like ?we?ll get it fixed?, but anything he has done to inspire ?faith? as you say. I don?t think there is anything. This guy was not ready for this job. I supported him and wanted to believe he was. After yesterday there is no way you can convince me he is the man. I heave zero ?faith? because he has given me zero reason to have any.

basedog
10-13-2019, 07:58 AM
Gotta "trade" Joe to Rutgers, get in touch with his agent and call Rutgers, surely they could use a few million dollars. Hell schedule a few games in the future with them.

Maroonthirteen
10-13-2019, 08:04 AM
LOL.....as I sit here in my hotel room in Knoxville I just have to laugh at this take....LOL

For reals... football is king in the south. Tennis, Women’s basketball Javelin.... nobody really cares and nobody is driving to Knoxville to watch the tennis team.

TrapGame
10-13-2019, 08:24 AM
The warning signs were there last season. I made excuses. There are no excuses for what has been put on that field in year two. K State pushed our shit in. USM and ULL pushed us around like we were Sun Belt level. We were zero competition for AU. Tennessee is a dumpster fire and even after an extra week to prepare we looked like a bunch lost puppies. Weak. After Auburn Tommy Stevens should have been dressed out holding a clipboard. This offense responds to Shrader. Joe gave Tennessee a half to get confidence and capitalize on our mistakes before making a change that should have happened before the first quarter had expired. Joe is a good guy but he is not SEC head coaching material. And we cannot give him 3+ seasons to "figure it out".

Cooterpoot
10-13-2019, 08:29 AM
Stricklin gave Cohen the keys to a smooth running machine and Cohen ran it off a cliff.

It wasn't all smooth.................

R2Dawg
10-13-2019, 08:37 AM
The warning signs were there last season. I made excuses. There are no excuses for what has been put on that field in year two. K State pushed our shit in. USM and ULL pushed us around like we were Sun Belt level. We were zero competition for AU. Tennessee is a dumpster fire and even after an extra week to prepare we looked like a bunch lost puppies. Weak. After Auburn Tommy Stevens should have been dressed out holding a clipboard. This offense responds to Shrader. Joe gave Tennessee a half to get confidence and capitalize on our mistakes before making a change that should have happened before the first quarter had expired. Joe is a good guy but he is not SEC head coaching material. And we cannot give him 3+ seasons to "figure it out".

Agree with this. I too was very concerned after the way Joe managed things last year but was hoping for better as he adjusted. Well no more guessing who he is or what he is going to do or not. Officially Joe is not good for our program.

We still need to support our program, team, players and yes put enormous pressure on Joe and staff to do better/different for the greater good of our program and university. That said, I am afraid due to tutor gate, only his second year that we'll have to endure one more year, if not a new person coming in will demand 5 years like Croom due to probation stuff. This was about the worst scenario we could imagine.

ShotgunDawg
10-13-2019, 08:45 AM

Cohen only made 1 bad hire. He didn't run this in the ground. Every AD makes bad hires since it's always a gamble.

With every firing, he's that much closer to finding the right guy.

msstate7
10-13-2019, 08:46 AM
Delete

Pollodawg
10-13-2019, 08:48 AM
The game was 13-10 at one point with Shrader in. He had his opportunities to win this game for us and couldn’t. I’m absolutely no Tommy Stevens apologist. But it’s time to take the blinders off. We suck everywhere. And that’s coaching.

TrapGame
10-13-2019, 08:48 AM
Agree with this. I too was very concerned after the way Joe managed things last year but was hoping for better as he adjusted. Well no more guessing who he is or what he is going to do or not. Officially Joe is not good for our program.

We still need to support our program, team, players and yes put enormous pressure on Joe and staff to do better/different for the greater good of our program and university. That said, I am afraid due to tutor gate, only his second year that we'll have to endure one more year, if not a new person coming in will demand 5 years like Croom due to probation stuff. This was about the worst scenario we could imagine.

Joe will be coaching for his job next year. 4-8 is a very real possibility for this season. I think we should hang tutor gate around his neck as another reason for his firing in year two. Probably not gonna happen but when we drop an L to NC State next year Joe should be fired immediately after the game. If Shoop is still here he can be interim head coach with the incentive of "Get us to a bowl game and we will strongly consider you for HC".

Pollodawg
10-13-2019, 08:51 AM
Cohen only made 1 bad hire. He didn't run this in the ground. Every AD makes bad hires since it's always a gamble.

With every firing, he's that much closer to finding the right guy.
Cohen was a mediocre baseball coach who doesn’t understand football at all. He gets baseball well enough. Lemonis is good. I don’t want him making basketball or football hires going forward.

Dawgology
10-13-2019, 09:00 AM
Some people can’t separate supporting their university from supporting a coach. It’s an odd affliction that I don’t understand

Dawg61
10-13-2019, 09:15 AM
The game was 13-10 at one point with Shrader in. He had his opportunities to win this game for us and couldn?t. I?m absolutely no Tommy Stevens apologist. But it?s time to take the blinders off. We suck everywhere. And that?s coaching.

The game was never 13-10 with Shrader on the field. UT scored a touchdown right after Shrader got the game to 13-10.

Pollodawg
10-13-2019, 09:16 AM
The game was never 13-10 with Shrader on the field. UT scored a touchdown right after Shrader got the game to 13-10.

You’re right. It was 10-3 at half. UT added a field goal in the 3rd. Shrader had a whole quarter with which he did nothing but throw a pick. He scores to open the 4th. It was 13-10.

If Shrader did nothing the half he was in there, what makes you think he’d have won this game?

Even if he puts up a TD a half, we lose by six as opposed to 10.

UT didn’t score their game clinching TD until well into the fourth.

msudawg1200
10-13-2019, 09:21 AM
Yes, it was. The game was 13-3 at half. Shrader scores to open the fourth in a 15 yard pass after a scoreless third.

Wrong. Shrader never had the ball in his hands down 13-10.

Pollodawg
10-13-2019, 09:25 AM
Shrader played the entire second-half. It was 13-10 half way through the fourth. Ergo, Shrader was on the field when it was 13-10.

I can explain it. I can’t understand it for you.

Pollodawg
10-13-2019, 09:27 AM
Did you people forget Shrader played the entire second-half?

The score was 13-10 because HE MADE IT THAT WAY EARLY IN THE 4th.

Then UT iced the game away with a long drive. Shrader wasted the entire third quarter.

Sweet Jesus...........

msudawg1200
10-13-2019, 09:40 AM
It wasn?t early in the 4th, it was almost halfway through it. What?s your damn point anyway? I agree it?s shitty coaching if that?s what you?re saying, but if you can?t see Shrader gives us a better chance to win I can?t help you there. If he practices as the #1 and gets all the snaps and starts we and he are way better off. Given the chance and reps, Shrader can overcome the “genius”. Stevens can’t.

Pollodawg
10-13-2019, 09:49 AM
It wasn?t early in the 4th, it was almost halfway through it. What?s your damn point anyway? I agree it?s shitty coaching if that?s what you?re saying, but if you can?t see Shrader gives us a better chance to win I can?t help you there. If he practices as the #1 and gets all the snaps and starts we and he are way better off. He?s better than Stevens period.
Yes. But even Shrader can’t overcome Moorhead’s ineptitude. He would not have won us that game.......and that’s saying something.

Yes, it was literally three mins or so into 4th quarter that Shrader hit that TD pass to make it 13-10, which is even more damning. He had the ball in his hands when the score was 13-10.

I don’t know why you can’t just admit that you’re wrong.

Pollodawg
10-13-2019, 09:53 AM

I misread you. The fact stands that Shrader wouldn’t have won us that game even if he’d started.

Pollodawg
10-13-2019, 09:53 AM
Shrader can’t overcome Moorhead. But he did waste an entire 3rd quarter.

Dawg61
10-13-2019, 09:55 AM
Yes. But even Shrader can’t overcome Moorhead’s ineptitude. He would not have won us that game.......and that’s saying something.

Yes, it was literally three mins or so into 4th quarter that Shrader hit that TD pass to make it 13-10, which is even more damning. He had the ball in his hands when the score was 13-10.

I don’t know why you can’t just admit that you’re wrong.

He didn't have the ball in his hands ever when it was 13-10. Christman kicked it thru the uprites to make it 13-10. Then we kicked the ball off to UT who then drove for five minutes before scoring a touchdown to make it 20-10. Then Shrader had the ball back in his hands. Shrader ain't to blame. It's 100% on Joe for continuing to call his Fordham pizza party plays instead of just calling plays that work.

Dawg61
10-13-2019, 09:56 AM
I misread you. The fact stands that Shrader wouldn’t have won us that game even if he’d started.

Gotcha. Shrader woulda won the game if Shrader got to call the plays instead of pizza party Joe.

Pollodawg
10-13-2019, 09:58 AM
He didn't have the ball in his hands ever when it was 13-10. Christman kicked it thru the uprites to make it 13-10. Then we kicked the ball off to UT who then drove for five minutes before scoring a touchdown to make it 20-10. Then Shrader had the ball back in his hands. Shrader ain't to blame. It's 100% on Joe for continuing to call his Fordham pizza party plays instead of just calling plays that work.
THAT is a fact.

CoachT14
10-13-2019, 10:00 AM
Shrader can’t overcome Moorhead. But he did waste an entire 3rd quarter.

Eh, I don't necessarily blame that INT on Shrader. At least in the sense, that it was simply a freshman mistake. Those will happen, but I would much rather take that mistake from a true freshman playing his heart out, than the Senior Tommy Boy who can't fight his way out of wet paper sack. I was so disappointed the few times he got hit and how he just crumbled or fell over despite minimal contact. It was blatantly obvious after the first drive a change was needed. But yet we got to experience two entire quarters of that same crap.

I mean, Stevens should've never started, any blind man could see that, but when Moorhead refused to take him out after the first, second, then the INT drive, he all but sealed his fate in the eyes of the Bulldog fanbase.

Biguglyjoe
10-13-2019, 10:29 AM
You never need a rebuilding year for effort, discipline and preparedness. Give me those 3 things and you won't get a complaint from me. Moorehead's teams have lacked all three since day one. We had so many unsportsmanlike penalties in his first two games that he told the media that if a player received one, he'd stand by him on the sideline. NOTHING has progressed.

TaleofTwoDogs
10-13-2019, 11:07 AM
Shrader is good for a freshman but he is a long way from being able to take this team on his shoulders to a win.

The huge elephant in the room for me is WHAT'S THE DEAL WITH KT???

If we are built to run the ball then KT should be starting with Shrader as backup. We know what we have with KT and it's not to shabby.

ShotgunDawg
10-13-2019, 11:13 AM
Cohen was a mediocre baseball coach who doesn?t understand football at all. He gets baseball well enough. Lemonis is good. I don?t want him making basketball or football hires going forward.

That's fine but who should make the football hire then?

Some business man? Who? Name the alternative?

Coursesuper
10-13-2019, 11:19 AM
That's fine but who should make the football hire then?

Some business man? Who? Name the alternative?

I?d much rather Keenum take the reigns. Because Cohen will never hire anyone who will push back against his authority. In turn we will not get a strong enough coach to be able to do what it takes to keep our head above water in the SECW.

BuckyIsAB****
10-13-2019, 11:31 AM
The game was 13-10 at one point with Shrader in. He had his opportunities to win this game for us and couldn?t. I?m absolutely no Tommy Stevens apologist. But it?s time to take the blinders off. We suck everywhere. And that?s coaching.

He never got the ball back down 13-10

BuckyIsAB****
10-13-2019, 11:33 AM
I have defended him since the jump. Any time that you waste not making the move or at least preparing to make the move is time wasted. He's not it. Our own players knew we had gone soft last year. The practices are soft, the offseason has gone soft. He made a bad S&C hire bc we didnt want to go find a good one. Moorhead is not big on that anyway. He is a nice, geniune, fun guy to be around and is a good recruiter bc of all that. But he's just not the guy. He aint ready for this. We deserve better than being a job that a guy gets ready to have. He will end up at a non P5 after we fire him in year 3 if we dont be proactive and do it in november. Barring a miraculous turnaround the Moorhead era is a sinking ship

msudawg1200
10-13-2019, 11:55 AM
Yes. But even Shrader can?t overcome Moorhead?s ineptitude. He would not have won us that game.......and that?s saying something.

I don?t know why you can?t just admit that you?re wrong.

Because I?m not. The TD was with 8:27 left which is almost halfway through the 4th which I said, not about three minutes into the 4th which you said. He also never had the ball in his hands down 13-10. We scored UT got the ball back and made it 20-10 before Shrader had the ball back. All this said the common theme we can agree on is Moorhead sucks.

TimberBeast
10-13-2019, 12:29 PM
I?m not against Cohen at all, overall our sports programs are in great shape, probably the best they?ve ever been in. But this crap we?re watching on Saturdays isn?t football. We made a huge mistake with Moorhead, there is no point in continuing with it. Name an interim and cut bait today.

Pollodawg
10-13-2019, 12:32 PM
He never got the ball back down 13-10

I admitted I misread the post. I forgot there wasn?t a drive between 13-10 and Tenn?s final score. But I stand by the fact that Shrader wasted the third quarter. He?ll be good, but he?s got a ways to go.

Pollodawg
10-13-2019, 12:35 PM
And I don’t want to hear about giving him the proverbial year 3 when he inherited a team primed to win double digit games and has run totally off the rails.

maroonmania
10-13-2019, 12:36 PM
It wasn't all smooth.................

Yep, love this revisionist history relative to Stricklin and coaches. Stricklin did NOT hire Mullen, did NOT hire Cohen, but did hire Rick Ray and then was forced into hiring Howland after Ray became a disaster. The only good hire Stricklin made during his entire tenure I know of was Schaefer. Stuedeman was another Stricklin hire that didn't work.

timotheus
10-13-2019, 02:08 PM
Are the big money guys going to keep sittin on their hands or are they all at Cohen's house right now? I wanted to go to Neyland Stadium because I had never been but folks, what I witnessed was the most unprepared team other than the Croom 45-0 egg bowl game. Honestly, why would a 4* recruit want to play for this guy? He coaches as if we have the best talent in any game and he has no recourse otherwise. He has no idea how to coach and prepare a team to play with a sense of urgency. Although the zone D was horrid at times, the D played good enough for a victory but that just speaks to how bad UT is also. I have said for a few weeks that the UT, Arky game as well as the egg bowl will weigh heavily on MSU this season. It would take a total fool at this point to say that we win over arkansas or ole miss at this time and we have a supposed guru who hasn't a clue how to attack a team with a strong D front line and blitzes.