PDA

View Full Version : So what happens if no change is made....

Coursesuper
10-12-2019, 11:26 PM
And this guy gets another year? I mean this is a real possibility even as ridiculous as it sounds.

trojandawg
10-12-2019, 11:30 PM
Fans won?t show up unless they win a bunch. More of the same with pissed off fans

Skydawg1
10-12-2019, 11:32 PM
And this guy gets another year? I mean this is a real possibility even as ridiculous as it sounds.every secw team will gain an additional home game in Vegas.

Homedawg
10-12-2019, 11:44 PM
And this guy gets another year? I mean this is a real possibility even as ridiculous as it sounds.

We sell a record low of season tickets for the past 15 years. Have a at best 6 win season. I said at best. More than likely 4/5, we fire the guy and we struggle in recruiting and the spiral of misery has gone full throttle. And, to be honest, I expect that to happen.

CadaverDawg
10-12-2019, 11:45 PM
Fire Cohen too

Coach34
10-12-2019, 11:51 PM
9 million dollas

Jo-Vester aint going nowhere

Coursesuper
10-12-2019, 11:52 PM
We sell a record low of season tickets for the past 15 years. Have a at best 6 win season. I said at best. More than likely 4/5, we fire the guy and we struggle in recruiting and the spiral of misery has gone full throttle. And, to be honest, I expect that to happen.

I can feel that also, paralysis by analysis.

Coursesuper
10-12-2019, 11:59 PM
9 million dollas

That is an excellent point, we don't have a single donor that will step up and make that happen, the ones that could have been isolated by the bunch that put Cohen in place to begin with. What a wreck from top to bottom.

Liverpooldawg
10-12-2019, 11:59 PM
9 million dollas

That is what I have been told as well. He gets one more year no matter how bad it gets. Support the university and the program, the trigger will be pulled when it has to/can be.

ckDOG
10-13-2019, 12:04 AM
We locked up that much in an unproven coordinator? I know cost of doing business is high but that is insane.

Todd4State
10-13-2019, 12:08 AM
That is an excellent point, we don't have a single donor that will step up and make that happen, the ones that could have been isolated by the bunch that put Cohen in place to begin with. What a wreck from top to bottom.

We have a few that could band together to make it happen though.

Also- what happened to that Leo Seal money that we were supposed to be able to use to pay off a coach?

There's a way to make it happen. I seriously doubt we would pay a 9 million dollar lump sum unless Joe just wanted that.

But to answer your question- it would be typical MSU and not good for the program. At this point I'm not sure that we could afford to keep him when you weigh out all of the costs.

Todd4State
10-13-2019, 12:08 AM
We locked up that much in an unproven coordinator? I know cost of doing business is high but that is insane.

Cohen made a bad deal no matter how you cut it.

BhamDawg205
10-13-2019, 12:13 AM

Oh that wasn't the tune ED was singing after last season.... Give him the extension to show MSU believes in him. I thought it was a mistake then. He hadn't earned it. 20/20 is a muther17er.

Coursesuper
10-13-2019, 12:21 AM
That is what I have been told as well. He gets one more year no matter how bad it gets. Support the university and the program, the trigger will be pulled when it has to/can be.

Statements like let me know that 99% of our alumni have no idea how things work. Why should we support a damn thing when I know damn good and well that a few pricks that wanted to keep having their way are the reason we are in this whole shitty mess to being with. Nope not here not this time, been there done that. Just like I'll never fall for the athletic department propaganda again, just to take a kick in the nuts one more time. I'm over it.

WinningIsRelentless
10-13-2019, 12:23 AM
Because of we got put on probation we have an out in the buyout.

Todd4State
10-13-2019, 12:36 AM
Oh that wasn't the tune ED was singing after last season.... Give him the extension to show MSU believes in him. I thought it was a mistake then. He hadn't earned it. 20/20 is a muther17er.

Extension- yes. 9 million buyout? No.

Statements like let me know that 99% of our alumni have no idea how things work. Why should we support a damn thing when I know damn good and well that a few pricks that wanted to keep having their way are the reason we are in this whole shitty mess to being with. Nope not here not this time, been there done that. Just like I'll never fall for the athletic department propaganda again, just to take a kick in the nuts one more time. I'm over it.

Those pricks have a lot of egg on their face right now. Including Cohen. But my thing is I'm hearing/seeing too many things that make me think that Joe is done. I think what you are talking about is part of it because I'm sure there are some other boosters that wanted those boosters to learn a lesson. But I don't think they're going to make the entire MSU family necessarily suffer multiple seasons over it just to prove a point. When I hear rumors about cigar boys being very upset from multiple people and when I see former players who played in the NFL upset and questioning things on social media that tells me that this is going to come to a head pretty soon. Those are people that carry a lot of weight in what goes on with the football program at MSU.

Liverpooldawg
10-13-2019, 12:41 AM

It sounds like you are the one who has no idea how the real world works. Write the check. Otherwise shut up and support the university and program. It will happen when it needs to/can happen.

Liverpooldawg
10-13-2019, 12:43 AM
Extension- yes. 9 million buyout? No.

Those pricks have a lot of egg on their face right now. Including Cohen. But my thing is I'm hearing/seeing too many things that make me think that Joe is done. I think what you are talking about is part of it because I'm sure there are some other boosters that wanted those boosters to learn a lesson. But I don't think they're going to make the entire MSU family necessarily suffer multiple seasons over it just to prove a point. When I hear rumors about cigar boys being very upset from multiple people and when I see former players who played in the NFL upset and questioning things on social media that tells me that this is going to come to a head pretty soon. Those are people that carry a lot of weight in what goes on with the football program at MSU.

Can they write the check? Otherwise they are bitching to no purpose. I can't write it. I doubt anyone that posts here can. If I had that kind of money I wouldn't be posting here....lol.

Coursesuper
10-13-2019, 12:45 AM
It sounds like you are the one who has no idea how the real world works. Write the check. Otherwise shut up and support the university and program. It will happen when it needs to/can happen.

Do you have any idea how we got our current AD? And do you know those who put him there and how it was done?

Liverpooldawg
10-13-2019, 12:51 AM
Do you have any idea how we got our current AD? And do you know those who put him there and how it was done?

Yep, write the check, convince them to, or stow it. Support the university and the program no matter what.

Dawgology
10-13-2019, 12:51 AM

I’ve heard this referenced and I want to know. PM me the details if you don’t want to post it.

Bothrops
10-13-2019, 12:55 AM
We're ****ed. Our recruits are gonna bolt, players will transfer and we'll have a jumbled up roster of walk ons on scholarship in no time. We are getting close to being too deficient in talent to compete in this league with decent coaching.

Todd4State
10-13-2019, 01:57 AM
Can they write the check? Otherwise they are bitching to no purpose. I can't write it. I doubt anyone that posts here can. If I had that kind of money I wouldn't be posting here....lol.

They should be able to. At any rate money won't be an issue for us even though we apparently made a bad deal. With the SEC money coming there is a chance we won't have to ask for much if any from our boosters.

As of 2017 we were getting 40 million from the SEC Network alone.

Liverpooldawg
10-13-2019, 02:41 AM
Should be able to, lol. Me and 34 are the only realistic ones here on this. THAT should blow everyone's minds, mine and his included. Hopefully it ain't needed, and if it is, hopefully we are both as wrong on this as we usually are!

MarketingBully
10-13-2019, 04:01 AM
Because of we got put on probation we have an out in the buyout.

Yeah, we can get out of the contract and paying him if we want to. Tutorgate happened under his watch. Imo, that?s firing for cause if we wanted to get down to the nitty gritty. But would Cohen want to do that? I would imo.

MarketingBully
10-13-2019, 04:02 AM
We're ****ed. Our recruits are gonna bolt, players will transfer and we'll have a jumbled up roster of walk ons on scholarship in no time. We are getting close to being too deficient in talent to compete in this league with decent coaching.

That’s why this reminds me of Rick Ray more then Croom. We let Ray kill the basketball program. Will we let Moorhead kill the football program?

ShotgunDawg
10-13-2019, 07:02 AM

Well, we definitely can't compete with terrible coaching

Cooterpoot
10-13-2019, 07:08 AM
It’s not $9M....

Leeshouldveflanked
10-13-2019, 07:08 AM
This is my last year to buy season tickets until Cohen is gone.

Tbonewannabe
10-13-2019, 07:18 AM
That’s why this reminds me of Rick Ray more then Croom. We let Ray kill the basketball program. Will we let Moorhead kill the football program?

Shane Power actually said the same thing on Twitter.

MafiaDawg
10-13-2019, 07:33 AM
There is a competent coach out there who can at least coach effort.m and toughness. You don?t have to pay top dollar for that. How can a coach suck so bad? We truly can not afford to let this idiot hang around any longer.

basedog
10-13-2019, 07:49 AM
It’s not $9M....

What I heard also, remember also it probably consist over a few years and IF Joe coaches at another school.

basedog
10-13-2019, 07:53 AM
They should be able to. At any rate money won't be an issue for us even though we apparently made a bad deal. With the SEC money coming there is a chance we won't have to ask for much if any from our boosters.

As of 2017 we were getting 40 million from the SEC Network alone.

Hmmm, don't think anyone is willing to write that check, also 40 million we get is used not just for football and no way do I think we can afford to write that check and it not hurt other sports, recruiting and building facilities.

Better hope Rutgers comes calling for Joe and Msu cuts a sweet deal to "trade" Joe to save face for him and us.

Coursesuper
10-13-2019, 08:45 AM
Yep, write the check, convince them to, or stow it. Support the university and the program no matter what.

Truly an awesome reply. Thought provoking, heartfelt and genuine. You missed your calling.

War Machine Dawg
10-13-2019, 11:39 AM

Cohen's ass should be out the door this morning if that figure is really true. You can't have an AD at a P5 school who completely botches the football hire AND makes a ridiculous financial deal that prevents you from getting out of that hire.

War Machine Dawg
10-13-2019, 11:51 AM
Here's something worth considering in this debate: I can guarantee you the business community in Starkville will be in Cohen's or Keenum's ear about the lost revenues they're staring in the face the longer Joe stays. All the 11 AM games, fan apathy, and poor attendance are going to destroy their bottom line. Unlike years past in Starkville, the community is going to have a say in the matter. Business owners can't afford 1.5 seasons of a quarter full stadium with 11 AM games the norm. They're going to raise hell for us to be successful so their businesses don't go under.

My gut says Cohen will give Moorhead another year because he made a ridiculous financial deal he has no idea how to get out of. But between the big dogs, former players, fan apathy, low attendance, and business community all raising hell, it's going to be a lot closer than some are thinking.

What a cluster17. Only at MSU can we take a golden opportunity to really widen the gap on OM and bring them back to life with our own terrible coaching hire and unnecessary dumbass probation.

Saltydog
10-13-2019, 11:52 AM
Distinct difference LP between when it "needs" to happen versus when it "can" happen? It needs to happen at seasons end. When it can happen is probably after 2020.

Mjoelner34
10-13-2019, 12:05 PM
1. Over the next 3 or 4 years we lose more revenue than any current buyout costs us.
2. For every additional year he is here add 2 years of rebuilding after he's gone because current recruits will start bailing and future recruits will be tougher to sign.

CovertDawg
10-13-2019, 12:08 PM
Not saying I agree or disagree with this.....but I think the most likely scenario is that Moorhead keeps his job and is pretty much forced to bring in a D-1 former head coach to help him understand how to coach toughness and discipline from players in MSU's recruiting area. This is assuming Shrader shows he can move the ball with some consistency for the remainder of the year. It won't be that much different than what Rich Rod is doing for Luke.

dawgday166
10-13-2019, 12:13 PM
Truly an awesome reply. Thought provoking, heartfelt and genuine. You missed your calling.

I like Liverpool. He's an intellectual genius .. like Joe. They probably could get together and have a great time discussing works of literature. He's also like Joe in he can't quite grasp this SEC football concepts stuff.

TrapGame
10-13-2019, 12:15 PM
Not saying I agree or disagree with this.....but I think the most likely scenario is that Moorhead keeps his job and is pretty much forced to bring in a D-1 former head coach to help him understand how to coach toughness and discipline from players in MSU's recruiting area. This is assuming Shrader shows he can move the ball with some consistency for the remainder of the year. It won't be that much different than what Rich Rod is doing for Luke.

What about Shoop? Remember he started Toughness Tuesday's last season b/c he didn't think practices were tough enough on his defense.

Talk about a warning sign. Good Lord.

I'm betting Shoop bolts after this season.

Coursesuper
10-13-2019, 12:15 PM

This would be the absolute worst possible option, therefore it’s probably going to go down somewhere along these lines.

dawgday166
10-13-2019, 12:18 PM
What about Shoop? Remember he started Toughness Tuesday's last season b/c he didn't think practices were tough enough on his defense.

Talk about a warning sign. Good Lord.

I'm betting Shoop bolts after this season.

If he has a good option I think so too. That's one reason I'm sorta torn with letting Joe go now and seeing what Shoop can do as the interim. I think Shoop can coach D. HC is different animal tho as Joe is making very obvious.

msugolf
10-13-2019, 12:38 PM

We're going to lose a couple/few of our highly rated recruits. Already hearing rumors of a major one. But who can blame them. They see the writing on the wall.

HoopsDawg
10-13-2019, 01:01 PM

please find that thread. I went nuts and I had a ton of posters tell me how wrong I was. I saw no need to extend him.

HoopsDawg
10-13-2019, 01:08 PM
It?s not $9M....

It can't be. Cohen or Keenum or the lawyers can negotiate a smaller buyout. Joe will want another coaching job and that should reduce the payout. It's not like we have to cut a check for 9 million. Regardless, if we have to pay him this money anyway, I would rather us pay him not to coach than to coach. We could spend an extra 2 million and get Bill Clark to take over.

jackindabox
10-13-2019, 01:53 PM
Has anybody ever thought, maybe tommy Steven's was brought in to secure the Schrader recruit. Everyone on here thinks they know the ins and outside of recruiting. Jo mo himself said this in a non discrete way already. Perhaps we should be patient and not act like instant gratification millenials. Fast forward one season. Jo mo has a qb who can actually run his system. We are hurt a little in running because Hill will go pro. But are WRs will be much stronger. On the defensive side the recruits from this year on the d line will be a year older and you can play in sec without a path tush.

The 3 yr outlook on this team looks much better then if jo mo listened to all of the nah seighers. If he listened we would have k thompson someone who doesn't know the system just like shrader. But we wouldn't have shrader moving forward. We deffinetly wouldn't have an experienced sophomore Schrader

dawgday166
10-13-2019, 01:55 PM
Has anybody ever thought, maybe tommy Steven's was brought in to secure the Schrader recruit. Everyone on here thinks they know the ins and outside of recruiting. Jo mo himself said this in a non discrete way already. Perhaps we should be patient and not act like instant gratification millenials. Fast forward one season. Jo mo has a qb who can actually run his system. We are hurt a little in running because Hill will go pro. But are WRs will be much stronger. On the defensive side the recruits from this year on the d line will be a year older and you can play in sec without a path tush.

The 3 yr outlook on this team looks much better then if jo mo listened to all of the nah seighers. If he listened we would have k thompson someone who doesn't know the system just like shrader. But we wouldn't have shrader moving forward. We deffinetly wouldn't have an experienced sophomore Schrader

I can tell you still learning something about this SEC and NFL football topic too.

Really Clark?
10-13-2019, 01:58 PM

No. Shrader was already signed before Stevens transferred (April is when he announced he would transfer) and we pursued Kelly Bryant hard at the end of last season.

Todd4State
10-13-2019, 02:02 PM

The thing is we can win now with Shrader and that had been demonstrated before Saturday. You play to win now with the best that you have- not who you like the most.

Schultzy
10-13-2019, 02:03 PM
If no change is made, we will be down for 3-4 more seasons instead of one.

But I actually think they’ll do it...it’s gonna get that bad this season.

HoopsDawg
10-13-2019, 02:05 PM
If no change is made, we will be down for 3-4 more seasons instead of one.

But I actually think they’ll do it...it’s gonna get that bad this season.

at 4-8, we would have to. 6-6 we won't. 5-7 is iffy. No one thought we would fire Croom 1 year removed from winning SEC Coach of the year, but Byrne pulled the trigger.

Todd4State
10-13-2019, 02:08 PM
at 4-8, we would have to. 6-6 we won't. 5-7 is iffy. No one thought we would fire Croom 1 year removed from winning SEC Coach of the year, but Byrne pulled the trigger.

If we start Shrader the rest of the year we could pull 6-6.

HoopsDawg
10-13-2019, 02:10 PM
If we start Shrader the rest of the year we could pull 6-6.

that's what I'm afraid of. AC is a lock. Arky and OM are awful.

timotheus
10-13-2019, 02:11 PM
If he doesn't get injured scrambling(our best play) due to the overweight and slow OL.

timotheus
10-13-2019, 02:12 PM
that's what I'm afraid of. AC is a lock. Arky and OM are awful.

MSU is awful dude. Right now, we cannot beat either of them because we can't score enuf points.

Mjoelner34
10-13-2019, 02:17 PM

A quick look at Croom's 'Coach of the Year' would show you that we were 3 plays removed from being the same teams we were in 2006 and 2008. Two pick sixes and a punt return TD carried us from 4-7 to 7-4 that year. I cant believe people were suprised by the 2008 season when in reality it was the same as all of his others.

Choctaw Dawg
10-13-2019, 02:34 PM
trust me, next year you are gonna see a perfect storm of combined change coming to the athletic department starting from the top.

Here is our SEC slate next year:
Missouri
Auburn
Texas A&M
Arkansas

Non Con home:
Tulane
Alabama A&M
New Mexico

It really wouldn't matter if we went 8-4 this year, nobody is buying season tickets next year in 2020 with that awful slate. Combine that with fanbase remorse towards the head coach, people already staying at home, and bad gameday management, you are gonna see massive change coming from the athletic department and in the athletic departmen

HoopsDawg
10-13-2019, 02:39 PM
trust me, next year you are gonna see a perfect storm of combined change coming to the athletic department starting from the top.

Missouri
Auburn
Texas A&M
Arkansas

Non Con home:
Tulane
Alabama A&M
New Mexico

It really wouldn't matter if we went 8-4 this year, nobody is buying season tickets next year in 2020 with that awful slate. Combine that with fanbase remorse towards the head coach, people already staying at home, and bad gameday management, you are gonna see massive change coming from the athletic department and in the athletic departmen

what are you trying to say? That maybe a baseball coach is not equipped to run a major college athletic department?

parabrave
10-13-2019, 02:39 PM
9 million dollas

Only 2 ways he leaves. 1. On his own or 2. OM beats us by 50. But Cohen should make him hire an OC and a game day manager.

R2Dawg
10-13-2019, 02:43 PM
A quick look at Croom's 'Coach of the Year' would show you that we were 3 plays removed from being the same teams we were in 2006 and 2008. Two pick sixes and a punt return TD carried us from 4-7 to 7-4 that year. I cant believe people were suprised by the 2008 season when in reality it was the same as all of his others.

Yep that is fact. We were not very good in 07 either. Did get a good win over Bama though. Croom had 5 years of inept offense, his specialty and 0 coaching changes.

CadaverDawg
10-13-2019, 02:45 PM

Missouri
Auburn
Texas A&M
Arkansas

Non Con home:
Tulane
Alabama A&M
New Mexico

We should hire Will Fritz Before he beats our ass with Tulane on our home field next year.

Choctaw Dawg
10-13-2019, 02:49 PM
what are you trying to say? That maybe a baseball coach is not equipped to run a major college athletic department?

you may be on to something. of course an exception has been ray tanner and I have no clue if USCe like him as an AD or not. Their baseball program sure hasn't been the same since he left though

Coursesuper
10-13-2019, 02:53 PM

Well he?s not wrong.

War Machine Dawg
10-13-2019, 03:29 PM
No. Shrader was already signed before Stevens transferred (April is when he announced he would transfer) and we pursued Kelly Bryant hard at the end of last season.

We also tried to get Justin Field from UGA. (For the record, Field was the only transfer QB I was ok with us chasing b/c I felt he was the only one who was actually a significant upgrade on Key) Hell, Jughead flirted with every transfer QB known to man before landing his boi Stevens. He shit all over Key the whole offseason, especially with the "QB competition" farce, and many of you were cool with it. Now we're 17d at QB, the most important position on the field, next season. Key & Moose will both transfer in December, leaving us with no backup QB should Shrader get injured, and no one can blame them for going with the way they've been treated by Jughead. He completely blew up our QB room for no reason. Great QB and program management, Jughead.
https://thumbs.gfycat.com/GrouchyDamagedDairycow-size_restricted.gif

IMissJack
10-13-2019, 04:04 PM
We should hire Will Fritz Before he beats our ass with Tulane on our home field next year.

You must spread some reputation around before giving it to CadaverDawg again.

Todd4State
10-13-2019, 04:37 PM
We also tried to get Justin Field from UGA. (For the record, Field was the only transfer QB I was ok with us chasing b/c I felt he was the only one who was actually a significant upgrade on Key) Hell, Jughead flirted with every transfer QB known to man before landing his boi Stevens. He shit all over Key the whole offseason, especially with the "QB competition" farce, and many of you were cool with it. Now we're 17d at QB, the most important position on the field, next season. Key & Moose will both transfer in December, leaving us with no backup QB should Shrader get injured, and no one can blame them for going with the way they've been treated by Jughead. He completely blew up our QB room for no reason. Great QB and program management, Jughead.

If Moorhead leaves after the season would Key necessarily still leave too?

If I was KT I would at least see who we hired first. We may very well end up with someone like Willie Fritz who has a system that fits what KT does perfectly.

was21
10-13-2019, 04:40 PM
To begin with, most of us don't have any control over what happens. The only thing we have control over is how we react to it. Guess there will be different reactions..and that's how it ends

TrapGame
10-13-2019, 04:45 PM

If I was KT I would at least see who we hired first. We may very well end up with someone like Willie Fritz who has a system that fits what KT does perfectly.

Yeah, Moorhead gets canned this season and the chances of Key leaving go way down.

War Machine Dawg
10-13-2019, 06:29 PM

That's the only way I see Key and potentially Moose sticking around. Although I'm fairly certain Moose is gone anyway with a young up-and-coming superstar in Shrader having overtaken him on the depth chart. He'll want to play.

CovertDawg
10-13-2019, 07:50 PM
If Shrader is still here then there is a 0% chance that KT stays. I see no system where he overtakes Shrader even if we run the dang triple option.

HoopsDawg
10-13-2019, 08:02 PM
If Shrader is still here then there is a 0% chance that KT stays. I see no system where he overtakes Shrader even if we run the dang triple option.

None of that matters right now. We have to find a football coach. And that coach has to be able to bring in a good staff.

preachermatt83
10-13-2019, 08:27 PM
The balance of his contract will be negotiated down. He goes 4-8 and he’s done. 5-7 too most likely. The buyout is not an issue. Go hire Les miles to atleast get us back on track

HoopsDawg
10-13-2019, 08:33 PM
The balance of his contract will be negotiated down. He goes 4-8 and he’s done. 5-7 too most likely. The buyout is not an issue. Go hire Les miles to atleast get us back on track

dude, les miles. come on man!

Coach34
10-13-2019, 08:41 PM
No one thought we would fire Croom 1 year removed from winning SEC Coach of the year, but Byrne pulled the trigger.

Technically- Croom fired himself. He was told he had to hire a spread offense OC and let him run the offense as he wanted for Croom to remain HC. Croom said no to that. Buh-bye

yjnkdawg
10-13-2019, 08:48 PM

I think the problem is that we are unprepared to play on game day usually (two weeks to prepare for TN), undisciplined, lack of focus, lacking in leadership,and our strength and conditioning program left when Andy Piroli went back to the NFL. That's a few of the problems. IMO

Todd4State
10-13-2019, 08:50 PM
I think the problem is that we are unprepared to play on game day usually (two weeks to prepare for TN), undisciplined, lack of focus, lacking in leadership,and our strength and conditioning program left when Andy Piroli went back to the NFL. That's a few of the problems. IMO

And what about last year when Piroli was still here?

DeputyDawg94
10-13-2019, 08:57 PM
The balance of his contract will be negotiated down. He goes 4-8 and he?s done. 5-7 too most likely. The buyout is not an issue. Go hire Les miles to atleast get us back on track

Les?s system only works with 5* OL, RB and WR. State can?t get those type players.

Maroonthirteen
10-13-2019, 09:08 PM
We're going to lose a couple/few of our highly rated recruits. Already hearing rumors of a major one. But who can blame them. They see the writing on the wall.

On this note.... one of the more highly rate 2022 recruits out of MS visited TN Saturday. Looks like he had a good time. Good to know we could assist Tennessee in trying to steal him from Bama.

timotheus
10-13-2019, 09:19 PM

I'm not sure about Piroli but I will say that each of our O linemen is about 15 pounds overweight and slow.......they looked pathetic yesterday against that depleted UT front wall. This patty cake reach with extended arms crap wont' work in the SEC. Most folks know this but Moorhead and Johnson do not. Oh they griped at Hevesy but he didn't sugarcoat crap and the guys knew if they didn't play their ass off it resulted in bench time.

dawgday166
10-13-2019, 10:21 PM

S&C was good last year. That helped our D become so good. Problem is offensive coaching, oline coaching, wr coaching etc last year.

Piroli was S&C coach in 2014 too.

Todd4State
10-13-2019, 10:29 PM
S&C was good last year. That helped our D become so good. Problem is offensive coaching, oline coaching, wr coaching etc last year.

Piroli was S&C coach in 2014 too.

Exactly my point.

dawgday166
10-13-2019, 10:33 PM
Exactly my point.

wasn't sure. figured it might be.

trojandawg
10-13-2019, 10:43 PM

I would support Fritz. I think based on his hires that he has proven he is willing to adapt. Key and Shrader would both do well under him. I say you go get Fritz and then convince grantham to come back since his son is coming back.

Something I?ve been doing is going through and trying to find G5 teams that have have been in several of the statistic categories in the top 50. That?s who I would go after. Look at the trends over the years to see if they have maintained or gotten better and who they played. Go back like three year to see if it was a different coach.
I really like Fritz when I do that. Napier only has a year and half but is trending upward.

Fritz has a top 25 scoring offense and scoring defense.

Todd4State
10-13-2019, 10:52 PM
I would support Fritz. I think based on his hires that he has proven he is willing to adapt. Key and Shrader would both do well under him. I say you go get Fritz and then convince grantham to come back since his son is coming back.

Something I?ve been doing is going through and trying to find G5 teams that have have been in several of the statistic categories in the top 50. That?s who I would go after. Look at the trends over the years to see if they have maintained or gotten better and who they played. Go back like three year to see if it was a different coach.
I really like Fritz when I do that. Napier only has a year and half but is trending upward.

Fritz has a top 25 scoring offense and scoring defense.

I would be fine keeping Shoop honestly. Fritz's DC was a grad assistant here under Jackie.

trojandawg
10-13-2019, 11:00 PM
Yeah I?m not exactly mad a shoop. I think we have been sloppy at times and completely out of potion in pursuit but some of that is in experience. We looked fine in those respects when we had experience and good talent last year. This year we keep blowing assignments, over running pursuit, getting blown out of our gap, and losing receivers in the zone. Shoop does need to tighten some of that up because some of it can be fixed even with youth. I?ve just been very disappointed in the veteran line backers and defensive ends. They have been getting beat /land have been just as lost on several plays this year also. I expect it out of the newcomers or youngsters but not them. I?m surprised none of them have shown alpha leadership either.

Todd4State
10-13-2019, 11:03 PM
Yeah I?m not exactly mad a shoop. I think we have been sloppy at times and completely out of potion in pursuit but some of that is in experience. We looked fine in those respects when we had experience and good talent last year. This year we keep blowing assignments, over running pursuit, getting blown out of our gap, and losing receivers in the zone. Shoop does need to tighten some of that up because some of it can be fixed even with youth. I?ve just been very disappointed in the veteran line backers and defensive ends. They have been getting beat /land have been just as lost on several plays this year also. I expect it out of the newcomers or youngsters but not them. I?m surprised none of them have shown alpha leadership either.

I'm guessing that's a by-product of poor S&C coaching as well as Joe not establishing discipline as well. The two times we have been at full strength this year with Autry and Willie the defense has looked a little bit better.

BhamDawg205
10-13-2019, 11:29 PM

Exactly... SloMo and a bunch of fans crap'd on KT. That BS about who performed well in practice. As we can see they must not be practicing at all. He didn't give KT a fair shake. And he's repeating it with Schrader. He was only forced to, because Stevens is so 17'n fragile. And now where QB depth was unimaginable at MSU, has become a cluster17.

Reunion Dog
10-14-2019, 01:31 AM
This shit show in the athletic department is run by the same folks who hired the male cheerleader from Jackson Prep.... And it's not the old powerful cigar boys of past. A newer younger, more arrogant group of former Trent Lott & Cochran's staff with utility company CEO's along with DC PAC money and lobbying offices in Jackson & DC and Keenum's inner circle of 7, which include several if the above mentioned folks are running the show and wanted to have another puppet like TMCFJP on board aka... enter master puppetier no backbone Cohen. They call ALL the shots now... And politics is worse no than ever because of their arrogance. Gone are the days of doing what's right. It's how they can make money by shorting Mississippi State stock... Make their money and could care less about the product. It's called GREED & INCOMPETENCE!! And we have no shortage of that on Campus in today's sports world.

Fire Cohen too

PGHBulldogBG
10-14-2019, 09:01 AM
If Shrader starts we still have a chance at 6-6 even with Moorhead?s horrible coaching just because Arkansas and Ole Miss are so bad. Obviously we get blown out in the other 3 games but winning against those 3 will probably keep him around for 4-8 next year then out the door

Tbonewannabe
10-14-2019, 09:53 AM
If Shrader starts we still have a chance at 6-6 even with Moorhead?s horrible coaching just because Arkansas and Ole Miss are so bad. Obviously we get blown out in the other 3 games but winning against those 3 will probably keep him around for 4-8 next year then out the door

Joe has proven that he would rather sink with Tommy Stevens. At this point, I don't believe that Tommy was actually voted Team Captain and it was just given to him by Moorhead. I think Joe has lost the locker room.