PDA

View Full Version : I'd like to see what Shoop could do ...

dawgday166
10-12-2019, 09:34 PM
With LSU's talent and Ogre leading the charge. Lotta folks down on him but lemme tell ya ... the team tends to go as the head man goes and if your players have packed it in ... it makes it tough. His D also only gave up 357 yds and 14 1st downs today. Granted TN sucks but really .. that probably ain't too bad overall. Shouldn't have given up the 90 yd TD drive tho.

I think Shoop is good coordinator. I ain't totally off his wagon yet. He was a warrior last year ... I don't throw him to the side just yet.

ShotgunDawg
10-12-2019, 09:38 PM
The culture of the program has been depleted to the point where I'm not sure who is good & who is not outside of Moorhead.

dawgday166
10-12-2019, 09:39 PM
The culture is not good .. but I think Shoop is top notch with good HC and culture. I loved the way he mixed his D calls up last year.

dawgday166
10-12-2019, 09:41 PM
The culture of the program has been depleted to the point where I'm not sure who is good & who is not outside of Moorhead.

Just to let you know where I'm coming from ... this is one of those shiny new toy thingys.

Cooterpoot
10-12-2019, 09:44 PM
I wouldn’t be scared to fire Moorhead and let Shoop run the show rest of the year. That’s not realistic, but I wouldn’t be scared to do it.

dawgday166
10-12-2019, 09:45 PM
I wouldn’t be scared to fire Moorhead and let Shoop run the show rest of the year. That’s not realistic, but I wouldn’t be scared to do it.

I'm thinking same exact thing. If we gonna fire Joe ... let Shoop run it. And I would also try to convince new coach to give him a shot. If Shoop does good rest of way .. I may give him a shot.

ShotgunDawg
10-12-2019, 09:48 PM
The problem with firing a coach mid-season is that all the assistants give up due to looking for other jobs.

Firing a coach mid-season makes things infinitely worse because those in charge are no longer invested in the program.

It simply serves no purpose. By firing folks after the last game, at least you get the assistants best efforts because they are trying to save their jobs

dawgday166
10-12-2019, 09:50 PM
I don't wanna fire Joe right now. Just saying if it happens ... I want Cohen to dig deep and do his homework. And not get blown away by brilliant phrases.

RougeDawg
10-12-2019, 10:11 PM
The problem with firing a coach mid-season is that all the assistants give up due to looking for other jobs.

Firing a coach mid-season makes things infinitely worse because those in charge are no longer invested in the program.

It simply serves no purpose. By firing folks after the last game, at least you get the assistants best efforts because they are trying to save their jobs

Cohen could can SloMo and tell the rest of the coaches that Shoop is in charge and they?ll remain in charge of things are corrected. Give them some backing and give them some assurance that Cohen knows the issues. Let them right the ship and bring in a quality OC for next year. All jobs are secured.