PDA

View Full Version : Just popping in to see...

CadaverDawg
10-12-2019, 09:10 PM
If Joe has been fired yet.

No? Ok, then I'm not wasting any more words. Until he's gone there is no use in discussing MSU football. He needs to go this week, and if he doesn't, Cohen needs to go next week.

MarketingBully
10-12-2019, 09:14 PM
I agree Moorhead needs to go. I think the MSU fanbase is 1000% behind this. We should then go and hire the guy we should have hired in the first place. The guy who has been a winner everywhere he’s been and done miraculous work at UAB. Bill Clark. He fits our mentality and culture to a T and is a builder. He’s our guy!

CoachT14
10-12-2019, 09:14 PM
If Joe has been fired yet.

No? Ok, then I'm not wasting any more words. Until he's gone there is no use in discussing MSU sports. He needs to go this week, and if he doesn't, Cohen needs to go next week.

If Moorhead is still the coach come Monday, Cohen will have completely lost the majority of leftover, if any, confidence he had at this point I'd believe. Could be wrong, but I feel like the fan base is pretty damn one-sided at this point minus a few stragglers. And if I had any clout within the program, I'm Cohen's office Monday morning asking for an explanation because any money that is donated to cover Moorhead's full salary is being stolen at this point.

Homedawg
10-12-2019, 09:18 PM
I'm not a fan of firing a coach mid season. He can be searching for a coach wo firing him. It doesn't help anything really. Let the season play out.

tireddawg
10-12-2019, 09:21 PM
Admittingly I don't know much about UAB. Looks like Clark has been successful everywhere he's been. What type of offense does he run? Type of mentality, hardnose? What D?

Dawg61
10-12-2019, 09:34 PM
Not necessarily a negative but pretty sure Clark has only lived in Alabama his entire life. Pretty unique considering he's in a profession that frequently requires working at different schools. He'll need to leave the state of Alabama if he coaches here.

Dawgology
10-12-2019, 09:35 PM
I'm not a fan of firing a coach mid season. He can be searching for a coach wo firing him. It doesn't help anything really. Let the season play out.

I don’t think it would really make much of a difference. You could put a folding chair on the sideline and get about as much coaching.

Dawgology
10-12-2019, 09:35 PM
Not necessarily a negative but pretty sure Clark has only lived in Alabama his entire life. Pretty unique considering he's in a profession that frequently requires working at different schools. He'll need to leave the state of Alabama if he coaches here.

He could commute from Gordo.***

CadaverDawg
10-12-2019, 09:41 PM
I'd like to hire Fritz from Tulane. But I'm a big Bill Clark fan too. Anybody but Joe at this point. I'm sick of this garbage I've been watching

CadaverDawg
10-12-2019, 09:42 PM

I'm typically the same way, but at this point it doesn't really matter. Greg Knox did a better job in one game than Joe has in 2 seasons, so just stick somebody in there. Can't do worse

vindastra
10-12-2019, 09:49 PM
Mid season firing needs extraordinary circumstances (like baseball last year).

Good thing though, at this rate, "Abilene Christian" might become one.

BeardoMSU
10-12-2019, 09:50 PM
Double-O-Negative be like

https://media.giphy.com/media/z9AUvhAEiXOqA/giphy.gif

i.e., https://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/85b8fcfd-e972-48ea-9e40-6742cf3fe825#S1MxoY-zeFr.copy

Dawg61
10-12-2019, 10:01 PM
After watching some Clark videos I'd now be onboard with it.

Homedawg
10-12-2019, 10:04 PM
I'm typically the same way, but at this point it doesn't really matter. Greg Knox did a better job in one game than Joe has in 2 seasons, so just stick somebody in there. Can't do worse

Just don't see what the gain is.... not saying you're wrong. But don't see what you get from it.

Coursesuper
10-12-2019, 10:11 PM

He's a winner period. When he left Jac State to go to UAB he had Wyatt Roberts committed to Jac St. Clark called Wyatt to tell him he was leaving to go to UAB. He told Wyatt he wanted to take him with him but couldn't because there were 4 QB already there. He told him to,go on to Jac St. but he didn't and the rest is history. I doubt it's common for a coach to call a recruit like that but he sure didn't have too.

HoopsDawg
10-12-2019, 10:11 PM
Just don't see what the gain is.... not saying you're wrong. But don't see what you get from it.

Let recruits, players and fans know change is coming.

CoachT14
10-12-2019, 10:20 PM

Where'd you find those? Curious myself. Don't know a whole lot about his scheme. I know the outside looking in perspective of him in regards to records and what he has done, but that's it.

Todd4State
10-12-2019, 10:25 PM

Cohen can also let recruits in on what is going on within the program if he takes the NCAA test if I remember correctly.

The biggest benefit to letting Joe finish the year out is:

1. We save some money.

2. We allow him to tie his own noose.

3. Changing now is only going to have very minimal benefits- and may actually complicate things later.

Homedawg
10-12-2019, 10:26 PM

With no coach. Doesn't matter.

Coursesuper
10-12-2019, 10:28 PM

Yep

Dawg61
10-12-2019, 10:29 PM
Where'd you find those? Curious myself. Don't know a whole lot about his scheme. I know the outside looking in perspective of him in regards to records and what he has done, but that's it.

Just go to YouTube and type in Bill Clark UAB.

NCDawg
10-12-2019, 10:33 PM
I'd like to hire Fritz from Tulane. But I'm a big Bill Clark fan too. Anybody but Joe at this point. I'm sick of this garbage I've been watching

Yeah, preferably a coach from the South.

War Machine Dawg
10-12-2019, 10:39 PM
I'm surprised no one has mentioned the guy at KSU. He was impressive from what we saw earlier in the season. And notably, he's tailored their offensive approach to fit the talent he had on hand. Still think my top choice is Mike Norvell, though.

HoopsDawg
10-12-2019, 10:39 PM

I hear you. Not a fan of it but OM is so bad he could find a way to win the Egg Bowl and Arkansas. And then it gets tougher to fire him.

Really Clark?
10-12-2019, 10:49 PM
I hear you. Not a fan of it but OM is so bad he could find a way to win the Egg Bowl and Arkansas. And then it gets tougher to fire him.

Us finishing 6-6 looking bad, unprepared, and undisciplined even in those wins, is the absolute worse scenario we could have happen

Coursesuper
10-12-2019, 10:56 PM

This isn't going to happen, the evidence for that is the quitting on plays loafing on routes linebackers taking dives on plays more lookout blocks than you can count and so on. This is a train completely off the track. We have become a slump buster for the SEC again.

War Machine Dawg
10-12-2019, 11:01 PM
This isn't going to happen, the evidence for that is the quitting on plays loafing on routes linebackers taking dives on plays more lookout blocks than you can count and so on. This is a train completely off the track. We have become a slump buster for the SEC again.

Today had the look of a team that's all but quit. It's about to get a whole lot worse from here on in. Remember, we've played the easiest part of our schedule. Murderer's Row starts next Saturday. I think 4-8/5-7 is pretty much a given at this point.

Todd4State
10-12-2019, 11:10 PM

It's more likely that he could find a way to lose those two. Especially if Tommy Turnover looks better in practice.

FriarsPoint
10-12-2019, 11:13 PM
It's more likely that he could find a way to lose those two. Especially if Tommy Turnover looks better in practice.

He’s not winning any conference road game. And ole miss at home is questionable at best. This is one of the most ill prepared teams from week to week I’ve ever seen.

TaleofTwoDogs
10-12-2019, 11:20 PM
Clark makes $1M at UAB. Hang that $4M carrot in from of him and he will be packing the Uhaul the same day.

BhamDawg205
10-12-2019, 11:59 PM
I agree Moorhead needs to go. I think the MSU fanbase is 1000% behind this. We should then go and hire the guy we should have hired in the first place. The guy who has been a winner everywhere he?s been and done miraculous work at UAB. Bill Clark. He fits our mentality and culture to a T and is a builder. He?s our guy!
He was in my top 3

MarketingBully
10-13-2019, 03:46 AM
Clark makes $1M at UAB. Hang that $4M carrot in from of him and he will be packing the Uhaul the same day.

He’s a bad ass and he builds programs. He’s exactly the type of Coach we would want here and best yet he’s loyal. He finished 6-6 at UAB his first year and played our 2014 team about as good as anyone. Then his program got the death penalty from the University of Alabama board of regents and what does he do when the program comes back after two years on hiatus? He goes 8-5 and 11-3. How the hell is he still at UAB? Cohen was an idiot for not hiring him in the first place.

shoeless joe
10-13-2019, 06:46 AM

I think you have the opportunity for the players to somewhat rally around an interim. Possibly squeak out a win versus Arkansas and ole miss. Staying put with jomo continues the same ol lack of discipline and poor prep that we?ve seen. Sure the same thing could happen with hughes or whoever taking over but at this point I think it?s worth seeing the difference.

Also, and this may be a big deal and may not, but you may have more coaches open to discussing our job if it were actually open which would lead to a quicker turnaround, which is crucial now with early signing day.

BhamDawg205
10-13-2019, 08:29 AM
I think you have the opportunity for the players to somewhat rally around an interim. Possibly squeak out a win versus Arkansas and ole miss. Staying put with jomo continues the same ol lack of discipline and poor prep that we?ve seen. Sure the same thing could happen with hughes or whoever taking over but at this point I think it?s worth seeing the difference.

Also, and this may be a big deal and may not, but you may have more coaches open to discussing our job if it were actually open which would lead to a quicker turnaround, which is crucial now with early signing day.

Heck let Hughes finish out as interm HC. Maybe he has a Mullen playbook around. Heck maybe he'll use KT. Still don't trust JoMo's thinking on QB last or this year. And at least Hill won't be required to pass block as much.