PDA

View Full Version : Perspective: 2016 vs 2019

Charlie_Sheen420
10-12-2019, 07:21 PM
I?m mad and disappointed just like everyone else, there?s no excuse for that abomination we all saw today. However, we?ve been here before fairly recently back in 2016. At the end of October in 2016, the record was 3-5, with struggle wins over mighty umass and samford. At that time everyone had pitchforks out for Mullen, but that team salvaged a 5-7 finish and lucked into a bowl game. This season has the same feel to me, so I have hope for a rebound, but I just don?t know if Jomo can do it, hasn?t shown me anything so far and the fact Stevens started is cause for termination to me, but I have a sliver of hope. The biggest differences in those teams is 2016 had offense but no defense and now it?s reversed somewhat, no offense with a limited defense. Time will tell, but please Stevens shouldn?t start another game, hell KT should start before him

msstate7
10-12-2019, 07:24 PM
In 2016, we had a coach that had proven he can be a competent coach. Moorhead hasn't shown that at all

dawgday166
10-12-2019, 07:27 PM
In 2016 we had flashes of toughness. We played LSU down to wire right after USA. We competed in most every game. That's not so this year. And Mullen had taken us to #1 in 14 and was poised to take us to top 10, maybe even more in 2017 too.

Cooterpoot
10-12-2019, 07:38 PM
We knew 2016 was a transition year. Last year was a loaded year. This year should’ve been a transition year with 6+ wins.

Cooterpoot
10-12-2019, 07:39 PM
Basically, Mullen is lightyears better than Moorhead.

dawgday166
10-12-2019, 07:39 PM
Might even have taken 5 wins this year if last year was 11 counting bowl and we had a pulse against good Ds.

Charlie_Sheen420
10-12-2019, 07:45 PM
Basically, Mullen is lightyears better than Moorhead.
Not going to disagree with you there, but to be fair Mullen had 7 years under his belt entering 2016, Moorehead has had 1.5. The team chemistry is night and day different though, and I think that’s the biggest issue, the whole team looks like it doesn’t give a damn

Cooterpoot
10-12-2019, 07:46 PM
Mullen never looked like a damn fool. Even in year one we competed with a midget at QB.

Todd4State
10-12-2019, 07:50 PM
It's apples and oranges mostly.

I think a big reason why 2016 happened was because Dan didn't really want to be here anymore and that was reflected on the field.

Joe just doesn't know what the hell he is doing. And based on Twitter and rumors there are a lot of rumors about formers players and big time alumni that are questioning Joe. That usually leads to meetings which typically lead to a coaching change. I really think it's too far gone because most fans and former players realize that when you have that many discipline issues it's not going to get fixed without major changes.

Coursesuper
10-12-2019, 07:50 PM
These really don’t relate, we have big problems, we not only play bad but it’s how we play bad. Guy are loafing, taking dives showing no sense of pride and no fight when someone’s physically whipping their ass. We just want to either lay down or jump up and run our suck. This is not only about playing bad. This is a wreck.

Todd4State
10-12-2019, 07:51 PM
Mullen never looked like a damn fool. Even in year one we competed with a midget at QB.

2016 against South Alabama in shorts?

Even after that game what happened? We played all out against South Carolina and won.

Joe doesn't fix anything. And starting Tommy Stevens was as dumb as any QB up the middle call Dan made if not worse.

Cooterpoot
10-12-2019, 07:53 PM

Even after that game what happened? We played all out against South Carolina and won.

Joe doesn't fix anything. And starting Tommy Stevens was as dumb as any QB up the middle call Dan made if not worse.

Already established he quit after 2015. But his worst year still resulted in a bowl win. We ain’t winning but one more this year. Joe would be a great HS coach.

ejdallas322
10-12-2019, 09:52 PM
This year’s team is also much more talented than 2016 team. Those rlly good defensive players from last year were freshman and sophomores in 2016.

dawgday166
10-12-2019, 09:54 PM
This year’s team is also much more talented than 2016 team. Those rlly good defensive players from last year were freshman and sophomores in 2016.

And about half our offensive starters too. Soph QB that year led SEC in Total O ... he turned out to suck tho *****

trojandawg
10-12-2019, 11:55 PM

2016 mostly happened because we made a terrible hire for defensive coordinator. Dan was lazy about it that year. And then he tried for about 4-5 games to run the 2015 offense with Fitz after he finally decided on Fitz. He didn?t probably get the job he wanted open post belk bowl so just kind of half assed it. But his half assing is still better than what we are getting out of Moorhead

Bothrops
10-13-2019, 12:42 AM
Tennessee spent most of the game trying to help us take charge....and we were too stupid to take a hint and help ourselves to the free buffet. Hell even Pruitt pulled back a couple of times and had, himself, excepted defeat, and we still didnt take it!! **** our coaches for that.

Liverpooldawg
10-13-2019, 12:46 AM
I?m mad and disappointed just like everyone else, there?s no excuse for that abomination we all saw today. However, we?ve been here before fairly recently back in 2016. At the end of October in 2016, the record was 3-5, with struggle wins over mighty umass and samford. At that time everyone had pitchforks out for Mullen, but that team salvaged a 5-7 finish and lucked into a bowl game. This season has the same feel to me, so I have hope for a rebound, but I just don?t know if Jomo can do it, hasn?t shown me anything so far and the fact Stevens started is cause for termination to me, but I have a sliver of hope. The biggest differences in those teams is 2016 had offense but no defense and now it?s reversed somewhat, no offense with a limited defense. Time will tell, but please Stevens shouldn?t start another game, hell KT should start before him

Not defending today but....yep. I'd add this, most of the ones that wanted Mullen gone would take him back now.

bluelightstar
10-13-2019, 01:10 AM
I also would remind you that the 2016 team lost at least 3 games on the last play (USA, BYU, UK).

Todd4State
10-13-2019, 02:02 AM
Not defending today but....yep. I'd add this, most of the ones that wanted Mullen gone would take him back now.

And those people are foolish. Joe isn't the answer. But keeping Dan around after 2015 wasn't going to move us forward either. Most of our fans realize that he didn't want to be here anymore and let him go.

dantheman4248
10-13-2019, 02:05 AM
At least the South Alabama loss was funny. This one was just absolute horseshit. Haven’t felt this disgusted since 3-2.

I seen it dawg
10-13-2019, 08:10 AM
These really don’t relate, we have big problems, we not only play bad but it’s how we play bad. Guy are loafing, taking dives showing no sense of pride and no fight when someone’s physically whipping their ass. We just want to either lay down or jump up and run our suck. This is not only about playing bad. This is a wreck.

This all day