PDA

View Full Version : I worry if a top OC/DC or the better G5 head coaches wouldn't want the job now...

MedDawg
10-12-2019, 07:08 PM
I wonder if the list of top P5 assistants or smaller school head coaches willing to be State's next head coach is getting smaller and smaller. Sure we will pay more than a lot of similar programs, but being among smallest programs in the SEC and more specifically the SEC West is looking less and less desirable, especially if we fire a top big school OC after only 2-3 seasons.

I don't have the answer. I was a Moorhead supporter until today. I have no idea why he hasn't been successful at State when he was successful at every other stop.

I'm just saying we can't count on a top OC or DC or better G5 head coach even wanting the job now. I've been wary of lower G5 head coaches, because we have no idea if they can recruit unless maybe if they have been an assistant at a P5 school, but that might be our only option.

Cooterpoot
10-12-2019, 07:12 PM
Moorhead was a bad hire. Everybody ripped on me when I said so. I tried to support him though. We’ll have coaches lining up for the job. Not experienced HC types but we’ll have a lot of interest. I mean, the OC from Penn St wanted it.

HoopsDawg
10-12-2019, 07:22 PM
we are an SEC school and we pay millions of dollars. We are a TOP 50 job in America for college coaches.

msugolf
10-12-2019, 07:23 PM
Do you really have no idea why he isn't successful here?

Dawgology
10-12-2019, 07:46 PM
Would you take a job that double or tripled your salary and gave you the opportunity to better your resume?