PDA

View Full Version : Postgame Moorhead

Matt3467
10-12-2019, 05:20 PM
In case some of you haven't seen it....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DMed0YWJNZY

Dawgology
10-12-2019, 05:28 PM
None of what he says matters at this point because it’s obvious he doesn’t know what he’s talking about

the_real_MSU_is_us
10-12-2019, 05:31 PM
"we'll get it fixed"

I'm so sick of hearing that. No, you won't Joe. Not a damn problem has been fixed under you in 1.5 years of being here

R2Dawg
10-12-2019, 05:36 PM
I think Joe has gotten some feedback as he tried to speed things up some today. Problem is he has programed his team for 1.5 years to slow down and folks out of sych. He feels the pressure as he should to play Shrader too. Too bad it may have cost us 2 games playing TS for a half. Kinda like last year and him being stubborn with his O costing us a few games. Not a good trend. Joe has gotta do drastic change or he is done.

Commercecomet24
10-12-2019, 05:36 PM
"we'll get it fixed"

I'm so sick of hearing that. No, you won't Joe. Not a damn problem has been fixed under you in 1.5 years of being here

We've actually regressed since game 1. We're a worse team now than when the season started. That's a bad sign

dantheman4248
10-12-2019, 05:37 PM
7 points at Kentucky.

We’ll get it fixed.

6 points hosting Florida.

We’ll get it fixed.

23 points hosting Auburn.

Hmm... needs to be fixed more, let’s use the bye week to burn the tape from this.

3 points at LSU.

We’ll get it fixed.

28 points hosting A&M.

Let’s use the La Tech game to figure out how to undo this. This fix wasn’t right.

0 points at Alabama.

We’ll get it fixed.

New year. We’ve found a new cap at 38 points.

Lose to KSU.

We’ll get it fixed.

Lose to Auburn. Badly.

We’ll get it fixed. Bob from BC can kick rocks.

Bye week. 10 points at UTK.

We’ll get it fixed.

At some point it’s not something you can fix-up. It’s something that just doesn’t work. 3 games in the Moorhead era has he not run his style. 2018 Auburn, 2018 ATM, 2019 UK. Those 3 we’ve all won ugly games by two touchdowns. Guy would rather lose pretty and flashy than win ugly if winning ugly ain’t his way.

Lord McBuckethead
10-12-2019, 05:38 PM
None of what he says matters at this point because it’s obvious he doesn’t know what he’s talking about

Ha. That is pretty good.
1. Dude needs to learn what to do in a hurry.
2. Stop with the cliche's. It seems like you do not know how to accurately discuss a root issue with in depth introspection.
3. It is obvious to everyone, however you handled the team at practice, during the game, during the off season, during fall camp, during workouts, and during position groups was wrong. It has instilled a soft ass attitude that has led to us losing two games we should not have. KSU at home and now a UT away game.
4. We are not getting better week to week. Every other team is, we are not.
5. Our game plans are terrible. Defensively and offensively terrible.

It all starts with our coach and the team and something needs to be done. Moorhead has the opportunity yet again to right the ship. But progress has to be made and it has to manifest itself on the field. No better time then early practice tomorrow morning.

Lord McBuckethead
10-12-2019, 05:41 PM
I think Joe has gotten some feedback as he tried to speed things up some today. Problem is he has programed his team for 1.5 years to slow down and folks out of sych. He feels the pressure as he should to play Shrader too. Too bad it may have cost us 2 games playing TS for a half. Kinda like last year and him being stubborn with his O costing us a few games. Not a good trend. Joe has gotta do drastic change or he is done.

Also I would add that he didn't play Aeris enough to start the year last year. Kylin just doesn't do all that his position requires. If he would block 60% as well as he runs against nonconference teams, he would make it to the nfl

R2Dawg
10-12-2019, 05:42 PM
Good point, translation of we'll get it fixed.

My offense works I just need to tweak a few things, even if it hasn't worked since I've been here. It worked at Fordum and PSU. We have to change the culture here for my O to work. Doesn't matter if we lose for 2-3 years, I'll get my O finally installed. I don't have the right players here yet either.

I think I'll hire a tutor to teach the players my offense.

defiantdog
10-12-2019, 05:48 PM
we are a weak team..... we have a weak coach. There is only one way to fix this.

Irondawg
10-12-2019, 07:10 PM
Dude just doesn?t seem pissed at the performance or at himself. Just looks a little defeated.

I look more annoyed when I lose a U-8 girls soccer game I coach. Maybe after Auburn you have that look because it all happened so fast.

But today it came off a bye week where you said a lot of stuff would get fixed and you had by far your worst offensive performance. I?d be very surly in an interview and I wouldn?t be able to hide it.

He’s got to convince people now that he can get the job done and that interview gave me zero confidence

Todd4State
10-12-2019, 07:13 PM
If I'm ever in that situation the LAST thing I'm going to put out there is "we had a good week of practice".

msu15
10-12-2019, 07:16 PM
A defeated man

ShotgunDawg
10-12-2019, 07:20 PM

Post of the day

Mobile Bay
10-12-2019, 07:49 PM
Sloppy Joe has lost the team, has lost himself, and surrounded him by assistant coaches who are idiots

Has he been fired yet?

MarketingBully
10-12-2019, 07:58 PM
7 points at Kentucky.

We’ll get it fixed.

6 points hosting Florida.

We’ll get it fixed.

23 points hosting Auburn.

Hmm... needs to be fixed more, let’s use the bye week to burn the tape from this.

3 points at LSU.

We’ll get it fixed.

28 points hosting A&M.

Let’s use the La Tech game to figure out how to undo this. This fix wasn’t right.

0 points at Alabama.

We’ll get it fixed.

New year. We’ve found a new cap at 38 points.

Lose to KSU.

We’ll get it fixed.

Lose to Auburn. Badly.

We’ll get it fixed. Bob from BC can kick rocks.

Bye week. 10 points at UTK.

We’ll get it fixed.

At some point it’s not something you can fix-up. It’s something that just doesn’t work. 3 games in the Moorhead era has he not run his style. 2018 Auburn, 2018 ATM, 2019 UK. Those 3 we’ve all won ugly games by two touchdowns. Guy would rather lose pretty and flashy than win ugly if winning ugly ain’t his way.

Unless he’s talking about his imbecile brain, we won’t get it fixed. We lost that game the moment Tommy Stevens trotted his ass out there against a very poor TN run defense. If Shrader starts I have no doubts we win that game. The team plays for Shrader. They don’t for Stevens. Moorhead gave an entire half to Tommy Stevens ineptness then brought in Shrader (harder for a QB to come into the game trailing then starting it).

MarketingBully
10-12-2019, 08:00 PM
If I'm ever in that situation the LAST thing I'm going to put out there is "we had a good week of practice".

Your observation and everyone’s observation was correct. Starting and playing Stevens for a half was dumb as shit.

Dental Dawg33
10-12-2019, 08:14 PM
I am a State homer to the stubborn point. I’m always overly optimistic. I’ve defended JoMo tooth and nail for the past year and a half. Made excuses, said all he needs is time, blah blah blah. I was wrong. He’s a nice guy and all, but a horrid head coach. He lost me today. No discipline, no organization, way in over his head. Kylin hill had 13 yards....13
Stevens had to throw 2 ints before the ignorant bastard pulled him. As bad as croom?? Hell at least croom trotted a disciplined team on to the field and had good defenses. JoMo is much worse. It’s not debatable anymore

Todd4State
10-12-2019, 08:18 PM
Your observation and everyone’s observation was correct. Starting and playing Stevens for a half was dumb as shit.

I couldn't figure it out then and I couldn't today. Sharder has simply outplayed Stevens.

Mobile Bay
10-12-2019, 08:23 PM
It's the same empty bullshit that coaches say. None of that hides the fact he is in way over his head.

Bothrops
10-12-2019, 08:50 PM
I am a State homer to the stubborn point. I’m always overly optimistic. I’ve defended JoMo tooth and nail for the past year and a half. Made excuses, said all he needs is time, blah blah blah. I was wrong. He’s a nice guy and all, but a horrid head coach. He lost me today. No discipline, no organization, way in over his head. Kylin hill had 13 yards....13
Stevens had to throw 2 ints before the ignorant bastard pulled him. As bad as croom?? Hell at least croom trotted a disciplined team on to the field and had good defenses. JoMo is much worse. It’s not debatable anymore

Kylin Hill had 13 yards against the 2nd worse team we've played this year.

MarketingBully
10-12-2019, 08:55 PM

Even worse they are horrid against the run and were meh against the pass but starting our passing QB against a very bad run defense was just plain dumb by Moorhead.

dawgday166
10-12-2019, 08:59 PM

He going early in draft this year. It's Witherspoon next year by himself.

ShotgunDawg
10-12-2019, 09:02 PM

LOL. His ass ain't going nowhere

dawgday166
10-12-2019, 09:03 PM
LOL. His ass ain't going nowhere

WTF ... where'd that come from??? He in our top 5 backs all-time.

ETA: And Tommy gonna obliterate all of Dak's and Fitz' records too.

Commercecomet24
10-12-2019, 09:04 PM

He can't pass block and he's not explosive enough for the nfl. His pass blocking or lack thereof will keep him from being drafted

dawgday166
10-12-2019, 09:06 PM
He can't pass block and he's not explosive enough for the nfl. His pass blocking or lack thereof will keep him from being drafted

I figured people would know coming from me the *********** were implied LOL.

Bothrops
10-12-2019, 09:12 PM

It could be Witherspoon and Walker next year with Mayden at qb. Lol

Lord McBuckethead
10-12-2019, 09:38 PM

Thats is partially on Kylin not hitting the hole and digging out 3 yards.

Lord McBuckethead
10-12-2019, 09:39 PM
Another thing, Kylin has zero patience running the ball. He never waits a half a second for a hole to open.