PDA

View Full Version : Damn Even...

Randolph Dupree
10-12-2019, 04:50 PM
Shane power calling out the coaching.

"Unfortunate DejaVu-Feels like I?m watching our #HailState basketball drop off all over again.Lost successful coach,Big10 asst coach-few yrs trying to figure out SEC,drop in culture,toughness,winning. So happy Ben Howland is bringing us back,but do we need to repeat in football?"

Even Rosebowl admitted we've regressed.

Not good when one of the truest dawgs (Power) calls you out and a sunshine pumper has run out of shine to pump.

Todd4State
10-12-2019, 04:56 PM
Even worse is when the MSU media is agreeing that there are issues.

That’s pretty telling to me because that means that there could be orders from the higher ups to start making the case for when a change is made so the common man fans won’t question major changes.

defiantdog
10-12-2019, 04:59 PM
The admin will make a decision when no one shows up to the home games. Money talks more than anything.

Randolph Dupree
10-12-2019, 05:00 PM
The admin will make a decision when no one shows up to the home games. Money talks more than anything.

It may be sooner that we think. Not sure I've ever seen this type of a melt.

maroonmania
10-12-2019, 05:02 PM

I don't think that will be a problem. LSU game next week will likely be my last to attend this year and I figure I will have plenty of room to stretch out. Especially if its at 11:00. It will only get worse after that.

Todd4State
10-12-2019, 05:02 PM
It may be sooner that we think. Not sure I've ever seen this type of a melt.

We’re a different program now. We did fire Croom one year removed from the Liberty Bowl for going 4-8.

basedog
10-12-2019, 05:05 PM
https://twitter.com/tbhorka/status/1183097776198049793?s=12

THE Bruce Dickinson
10-12-2019, 05:05 PM
We’re a different program now. We did fire Croom one year removed from the Liberty Bowl for going 4-8.

Yeah in year 5.

I don't give Moorhead an excuse for today.

However, if we fire him after seasons, no one is touching this job.

BuckyIsAB****
10-12-2019, 05:09 PM

Its coming. I was at the UK game, and I am as big of a Bulldog as anyone and it just paled in comparison to what we have had at home. I just think people have 0 confidence in him man. You could just feel it idk how to describe it but it wasnt the same

the_real_MSU_is_us
10-12-2019, 05:16 PM
Yeah in year 5.

"If I tank the program and miss a bowl in year 2 I won't get a year 3! I can't coach there." -something only a loser would think.

Plus, you don't fire him THEN find a coach, you see who you can line up and if you like what you see you fire Moorhead.

maroonmania
10-12-2019, 05:20 PM
Yeah in year 5.

That's loser talk. If we have an opening there are coaches that would jump at the chance to coach in the SEC and make 3-4 million a year. I personally don't think Cohen will make a move though since Moorhead is his guy. He would have to be pushed into it.

Maroonthirteen
10-12-2019, 05:22 PM
https://twitter.com/bradlogancote/status/1183067295830216705?s=21

Dawgology
10-12-2019, 05:23 PM
Well, football funds a lot of the other programs so when the stadium is empty then cohen will have to make some decisions about his boy. And if he can’t do that then he can get fired right along with him.

THE Bruce Dickinson
10-12-2019, 05:24 PM
"If I tank the program and miss a bowl in year 2 I won't get a year 3! I can't coach there." -something only a loser would think.

Plus, you don't fire him THEN find a coach, you see who you can line up and if you like what you see you fire Moorhead.

Your perception of the program is ridiculous. Missing a bowl doesn't equal tanking the program. We have only been to a handful in our 100+ year history.

If a perennial loser (which we are) fires a ~.500 coach after 2 years, I assure you we are going to hire a loser.

NCDawg
10-12-2019, 05:35 PM
That's loser talk. If we have an opening there are coaches that would jump at the chance to coach in the SEC and make 3-4 million a year. I personally don't think Cohen will make a move though since Moorhead is his guy. He would have to be pushed into it.

Keenum should make Cohen an offer he can't refuse. Fire Moorhead or you're out the door, too.

BeardoMSU
10-12-2019, 05:36 PM
Keenum should make Cohen an offer he can't refuse. Fire Moorhead or you're out the door, too.

Pretty sure all Keenum cares about is beating OM....he sure didn't care about our R1 status***

ShotgunDawg
10-12-2019, 05:38 PM
Yeah in year 5.

Bullshit. That's an unfounded fear

ShotgunDawg
10-12-2019, 05:39 PM
Your perception of the program is ridiculous. Missing a bowl doesn't equal tanking the program. We have only been to a handful in our 100+ year history.

If a perennial loser (which we are) fires a ~.500 coach after 2 years, I assure you we are going to hire a loser.

Go to bed old 17er. Awful opinions

the_real_MSU_is_us
10-12-2019, 05:48 PM

Dude we went to 8 straight bowls before he got here, yes missing a bowl = underpeforming the programs' standard at the very least.

Secondly, I'm not saying he's tanked the program because he's unlikely to win 6. I'm saying he's tanked the program because he's tanked the program.

It's all relative to where you start from. He was handed a top 20 9-4 team that returned almost everything, including 3 first rounders on D and 2 starting NFL OL. He proceeds to go 8-5 with several new problems related to coaching showing up (poor offensive plans, poor discipline on the road, inability to make adjustments, etc). Then 2019 roles around and we're losing to 1-4 Tennessee. ONE AND FOUR! And we've lost to a bad KState team at home, and we've had our worst 1st half in 50 years vs Auburn, and we look even more poorly coached than last year with respect to the details and culture.

THAT is tanking the program; going from 9-4 and top 20 to the 12th worst team in the SEC.

THE Bruce Dickinson
10-12-2019, 06:02 PM
Go to bed old 17er. Awful opinions

It's not unfounded fear. It's just rational thinking.

I am pretty sure i am younger than you.

ShotgunDawg
10-12-2019, 06:03 PM

Yet their is no evidence of this fear anywhere in the country. It's unfounded

THE Bruce Dickinson
10-12-2019, 06:07 PM
Dude we went to 8 straight bowls before he got here, yes missing a bowl = underpeforming the programs' standard at the very least.

Secondly, I'm not saying he's tanked the program because he's unlikely to win 6. I'm saying he's tanked the program because he's tanked the program.

It's all relative to where you start from. He was handed a top 20 9-4 team that returned almost everything, including 3 first rounders on D and 2 starting NFL OL. He proceeds to go 8-5 with several new problems related to coaching showing up (poor offensive plans, poor discipline on the road, inability to make adjustments, etc). Then 2019 roles around and we're losing to 1-4 Tennessee. ONE AND FOUR! And we've lost to a bad KState team at home, and we've had our worst 1st half in 50 years vs Auburn, and we look even more poorly coached than last year with respect to the details and culture.

THAT is tanking the program; going from 9-4 and top 20 to the 12th worst team in the SEC.

The 8 straight bowls was on a technicality. 5-7 in 2016 with losses to USA, BYU, UK, and a home loss to Arkansas where they didn't punt.

Listen, I'm not making excuses for how we played today, but if anyone thinks we are hiring any coach worth a damn after firing a guy after 2 years- You are insane.

He has this year and next. Will it get better? I have no idea. It's not looking good right now.

Bothrops
10-12-2019, 07:32 PM

Football at MSU is futile.

Todd4State
10-12-2019, 07:44 PM

That's why I said it's very important to make sure that we have a football coach in place before we fire Joe. Which is essentially what happened before Dan left except change fired to leave on his own.

What happened at MSU 100 years ago isn't relevant to today. The fact of the matter is we are one of 14 jobs in the most prestigious conference in America and can pay top dollar. That in and of itself will interest a lot of people who want to take a shot at the SEC.

Where people like Ole Miss and Tennessee get tripped up is thinking that they can land Tony Dungy or Jon Gruden. Our fans don't have that expectation.

RougeDawg
10-12-2019, 07:45 PM
Any fan or media member who does not think SloMo needs to go, also needs to go with him when we send him packing. You are not a true bulldog. We do not need you and your loser mentality. It?s what has held us back for so long.

99jc
10-12-2019, 07:46 PM

You might be younger but your one stupid 17er.

Rex54
10-12-2019, 07:51 PM

?I?m turning down 3-4 Million dollars a year on principle?

- no one ever

We would be a destination location for dozens. They would be lining up for interviews.

THE Bruce Dickinson
10-12-2019, 07:51 PM

Stick to women's basketball recruiting rumors. It's more your speed.

THE Bruce Dickinson
10-12-2019, 07:52 PM

You're *

Dawgology
10-12-2019, 07:54 PM
The 8 straight bowls was on a technicality. 5-7 in 2016 with losses to USA, BYU, UK, and a home loss to Arkansas where they didn't punt.

Listen, I'm not making excuses for how we played today, but if anyone thinks we are hiring any coach worth a damn after firing a guy after 2 years- You are insane.

He has this year and next. Will it get better? I have no idea. It's not looking good right now.

Yeah I guess you’re right...it’s not looking to good right now.********

MaroonFlounder
10-12-2019, 07:54 PM
Shane power calling out the coaching.

"Unfortunate DejaVu-Feels like I?m watching our #HailState basketball drop off all over again.Lost successful coach,Big10 asst coach-few yrs trying to figure out SEC,drop in culture,toughness,winning. So happy Ben Howland is bringing us back,but do we need to repeat in football?"

Even Rosebowl admitted we've regressed.

Not good when one of the truest dawgs (Power) calls you out and a sunshine pumper has run out of shine to pump.

I'd pump the brakes on Howland bringing us back.

I'd rather see it and then believe it.

MaroonFlounder
10-12-2019, 07:57 PM

Says the stupid MFer that went to the K-State boards and embarrassed himself.

THE Bruce Dickinson
10-12-2019, 07:57 PM
That's why I said it's very important to make sure that we have a football coach in place before we fire Joe. Which is essentially what happened before Dan left except change fired to leave on his own.

What happened at MSU 100 years ago isn't relevant to today. The fact of the matter is we are one of 14 jobs in the most prestigious conference in America and can pay top dollar. That in and of itself will interest a lot of people who want to take a shot at the SEC.

Where people like Ole Miss and Tennessee get tripped up is thinking that they can land Tony Dungy or Jon Gruden. Our fans don't have that expectation.

I don't disagree with you. I think our job is moderately attractive, but we just can't fire a guy after two years and expect qualified coaches to be beating down the door. We have to let it play out. Knee jerk reactions are what completely sink a program.

THE Bruce Dickinson
10-12-2019, 08:03 PM
I'd pump the brakes on Howland bringing us back.

I'd rather see it and then believe it.

This is exactly what I am talking about.

Explain to me exactly what "back" means because the team last year was better than all but 2 of Stasbury's teams his 14 year tenure.

Todd4State
10-12-2019, 08:05 PM
I don't disagree with you. I think our job is moderately attractive, but we just can't fire a guy after two years and expect qualified coaches to be beating down the door. We have to let it play out. Knee jerk reactions are what completely sink a program.

I don't think this is really a knee jerk reaction. If a candidate questioned why we fired a coach after two years- which I think would be a legit question that may be asked in an interview- we have several very reasonable and tangible things that we could point to. The short answer is "He's not a fit". The long answer is we had concerns about discipline as evidenced by multiple suspensions during his tenure including some that led to probation, disorganization lining up on both offense and defense, making former players feel alienated, and poor fundamentals on both sides of the ball and we wanted to make a change before our program was too far gone.

Based on what I am hearing from our fans and former players and what I am seeing on the field I just don't think giving him another year is mostly a waste of time for all involved. Even if it's to save face for potential hires.

Honestly, if I'm Joe at this point I'm seriously talking to Rutgers right now because this situation isn't good for both.

NeuteredDawg
10-12-2019, 08:10 PM
Do we know what we would owe Moorhead if he was let go right now? Even if no buyout, I'm sure we would pay him this years remaining salary and next year? Thoughts?

At this point I'm ready to can him now, let Tony Hughes be interim coach and go hire Les Miles.

THE Bruce Dickinson
10-12-2019, 08:17 PM
I don't think this is really a knee jerk reaction. If a candidate questioned why we fired a coach after two years- which I think would be a legit question that may be asked in an interview- we have several very reasonable and tangible things that we could point to. The short answer is "He's not a fit". The long answer is we had concerns about discipline as evidenced by multiple suspensions during his tenure including some that led to probation, disorganization lining up on both offense and defense, making former players feel alienated, and poor fundamentals on both sides of the ball and we wanted to make a change before our program was too far gone.

Based on what I am hearing from our fans and former players and what I am seeing on the field I just don't think giving him another year is mostly a waste of time for all involved. Even if it's to save face for potential hires.

Honestly, if I'm Joe at this point I'm seriously talking to Rutgers right now because this situation isn't good for both.

He is not above criticism from me. We have looked unprepared and unorganized for most of the season. The penalties are a huge concern as well.

Your criticism about the discipline problems is certainly valid, too.

I just disagree with you about firing him after year 2 not being a knee jerk reaction. He's trying to install something new. Does it seem to be going well? No, but I think you at least have to give him a chance. These aren't his players and any coach that wants to come in here and change something will be pretty damn gun shy to accept the position when we fired his predecessor after 2 seasons. Is Moorhead going to turn it around and be successful? Who knows- it certainly isnt looking like it right now, but I think for the stability of the program going forward we have to give him another year.

NeuteredDawg
10-12-2019, 08:22 PM
Lsu installed a new offense in 1 offseaason and they look lights out. They have the players though. I don't think we will ever have LSU talent.

Dawgology
10-12-2019, 08:26 PM
He is not above criticism from me. We have looked unprepared and unorganized for most of the season. The penalties are a huge concern as well.

I just disagree with you about firing him after year 2 not being a knee jerk reaction. He's trying to install something new. Does it seem to be going well? No, but I think you at least have to give him a chance. These aren't his players and any coach that wants to come in here and change something will be pretty damn gun shy to accept the position when we fired his predecessor after 2 seasons. Is Moorhead going to turn it around and be successful? Who knows- it certainly isnt looking like it right now, but I think for the stability of the program going forward we have to give him another year.

So when? Why is 3 years the litmus? I guess he should be given 5 years so we know 100% for sure he can’t do it? Your logic is illogical. His game philosophy doesn’t work at the SEC level and his teams have looked disorganized and confused for most of the season. You don’t have to have “your athletes” to play fundamentally sound football.

THE Bruce Dickinson
10-12-2019, 08:35 PM
Lsu installed a new offense in 1 offseaason and they look lights out. They have the players though. I don't think we will ever have LSU talent.

LSU's new offense was installed by Joe Brady who worked under Moorhead at Penn State.

NeuteredDawg
10-12-2019, 08:42 PM
LSU's new offense was installed by Joe Brady who worked under Moorhead at Penn State.

I know. Jomo should kd not need a 3rd year to get his offense installed. Hire Les

Todd4State
10-12-2019, 08:43 PM

Well, the two QB's running our offense are his guys.

But like I've said all along- he would get three years UNLESS he tanks it this year. If he had went 7-5 with maybe one bad loss- OK give him another year.

I mean, even Rosebowl and David Murray are asking the same questions that we all are. That's a sign.

Todd4State
10-12-2019, 08:44 PM
I know. Jomo should kd not need a 3rd year to get his offense installed. Hire Les

I think it is installed. It's just that the fundamentals are so poor.

THE Bruce Dickinson
10-12-2019, 08:46 PM
So when? Why is 3 years the litmus? I guess he should be given 5 years so we know 100% for sure he can’t do it? Your logic is illogical. His game philosophy doesn’t work at the SEC level and his teams have looked disorganized and confused for most of the season. You don’t have to have “your athletes” to play fundamentally sound football.

3 years is what is considered a fair shot at achieving success for a head coach, that's why. Can you name me another head coach that has been fired after 2 seasons that was not tied up in some kind of major scandal?

His philosophy works fine at the SEC level, you just have to have the players to run it. Freeze certainly didn't have a problem when Ole Miss had a loaded roster in 14 and 15. Like I said before, the discipline problems, and the overall performance is very concerning.

THE Bruce Dickinson
10-12-2019, 08:49 PM
Well, the two QB's running our offense are his guys.

But like I've said all along- he would get three years UNLESS he tanks it this year. If he had went 7-5 with maybe one bad loss- OK give him another year.

I mean, even Rosebowl and David Murray are asking the same questions that we all are. That's a sign.

I still don't understand not starting Schrader. Stevens put us behind the 8-ball, and we just aren't a good enough team to recover on the road.

NeuteredDawg
10-12-2019, 08:53 PM
I still don't understand not starting Schrader. Stevens put us behind the 8-ball, and we just aren't a good enough team to recover on the road.

I also think that we currently don't and most likely never will have the talent to win without a true dual threat QB. Stevens is described as dual threat but I don't view him that way.