PDA

View Full Version : One thing you can conclude from the way this season is going to play out

R2Dawg
10-12-2019, 04:21 PM
We shouldn't have any juniors going out early - Hill, Gay, etc. Maybe that helps a new coach? I didn't think Gay would anyway due to only playing 4 games but Hill's stock has dropped like a rock. We have some talent on our team, just need some leadership and coaching.

somebodyshotmypaw
10-12-2019, 04:24 PM
My wife could pass protect better than Hill. And I'm not joking.

dawgday166
10-12-2019, 04:25 PM
Hill's never been an NFL back IMO. I wish it were so tho. Not tough enough. Can he get there ... kinda don't really think so.

Yet Joe glows about him. Small back moves in a big back's body. I don't see that really myself. When I rewatch games I'm amazed Joe doesn't see some of the stuff I see all over the field ... cause he don't do anything to "correct" it, which every Monday press conference starts with "making corrections" from Sat yet ... nothing gets corrected. We get worse ... every single week.

Homedawg
10-12-2019, 04:27 PM
My wife could pass protect better than Hill. And I'm not joking.

The first sack of the game on third down, hill just watched the guy go by, and made zero attempt. It's bad

the_real_MSU_is_us
10-12-2019, 04:33 PM
The first sack of the game on third down, hill just watched the guy go by, and made zero attempt. It's bad

Replay it looked like he lunged that way late. I think it's more likely that he doesn't remember his pass-pro assignments than that he's lazy. Which begs the question, why has JoMo not drilled this into his head? It's pretty basic stuff. There's only so many rushers, and "block the guy nobody else is" is a pretty basic concept

CovertDawg
10-12-2019, 04:43 PM
Not sure what their credentials are but read this on Hill at the draft network.

https://thedraftnetwork.com/player/kylin-hill/XqJLcqIQLH

Kylin Hill

PROS: Brings the thunder. Yoked up player who wants to get to the outside to attack defensive backs and linebackers, and attacks tackles with explosiveness and leverage to break through contact and pick up dirty yardage. Slasher style runner on outside zone concepts who has the flexibility to plant and go, with the explosiveness and power to break through the first level and do damage in the second level. Not overly elusive but has jump cuts available to him in the second level to make defenders miss in space, and can break linebacker angles on the boundary with a solid burst profile. Active as a receiver and tasked with a more complex route tree than average college backs.

CONS: Uninspiring in terms of long speed and should not be considered a homerun hitter by any means, which drastically reduces your value as a potential starting back in the NFL. Obsession with seeking out contact leads to missed opportunities for more positive gains, as he always tries to tackle break instead of tackle avoid. Highly questionable decision-maker who lacks patience behind the tackles and rarely waits for space to develop — at his best working horizontally and against flow first, then turning upfield (again, slasher style player). Vision is fine but risk management and patience are the issues here. Must show more juice in the open field, as well as sounder choices, to be considered an early-round draft prospect.

Homedawg
10-12-2019, 04:47 PM
Replay it looked like he lunged that way late. I think it's more likely that he doesn't remember his pass-pro assignments than that he's lazy. Which begs the question, why has JoMo not drilled this into his head? It's pretty basic stuff. There's only so many rushers, and "block the guy nobody else is" is a pretty basic concept

I agree he reacted late. But if he didn't see that guy coming he needs his eyes checked.

dawgday166
10-12-2019, 04:53 PM
I agree he reacted late. But if he didn't see that guy coming he needs his eyes checked.

I've watch him a lot. IMO ... he tries to make it look like he didn't see someone, or he'll go block someone already blocked while someone free comes right up the gut, or he'll dive straight at their feet. He tries to make it look not so bad on film, while not doing his job which is to block the LB or blitzer.

Commercecomet24
10-12-2019, 05:32 PM

This right out the shoot today he whiffed in pass pro. He does every week. He'll never play in the nfl if he can't pass block. It's a huge requirement in today's nfl for a run.

the_real_MSU_is_us
10-12-2019, 05:37 PM
Not sure what their credentials are but read this on Hill at the draft network.

https://thedraftnetwork.com/player/kylin-hill/XqJLcqIQLH

Kylin Hill

PROS: Brings the thunder. Yoked up player who wants to get to the outside to attack defensive backs and linebackers, and attacks tackles with explosiveness and leverage to break through contact and pick up dirty yardage. Slasher style runner on outside zone concepts who has the flexibility to plant and go, with the explosiveness and power to break through the first level and do damage in the second level. Not overly elusive but has jump cuts available to him in the second level to make defenders miss in space, and can break linebacker angles on the boundary with a solid burst profile. Active as a receiver and tasked with a more complex route tree than average college backs.

CONS: Uninspiring in terms of long speed and should not be considered a homerun hitter by any means, which drastically reduces your value as a potential starting back in the NFL. Obsession with seeking out contact leads to missed opportunities for more positive gains, as he always tries to tackle break instead of tackle avoid. Highly questionable decision-maker who lacks patience behind the tackles and rarely waits for space to develop — at his best working horizontally and against flow first, then turning upfield (again, slasher style player). Vision is fine but risk management and patience are the issues here. Must show more juice in the open field, as well as sounder choices, to be considered an early-round draft prospect.

Wow that's about as wrong as they could possibly be lol. Hill is constantly trying to juke players instead of blow through them, and he's far worse than Aeris at falling forward for that extra yard. His patience is fine too. I agree he's a slasher of a runner and lacks NFL top end speed though, that's about it

BuckyIsAB****
10-12-2019, 05:52 PM

More complicated than that but that is one concept of pass pro yes