PDA

View Full Version : How much money will it cost Msu for a new Coach?

basedog
10-12-2019, 03:39 PM
Has to be in the $15 million range, where does it come from and do we have it? Asking for a friend**

Fader21
10-12-2019, 03:54 PM
I have been hearing no buyout for Joe

Todd4State
10-12-2019, 03:54 PM

Interesting.

Homedawg
10-12-2019, 04:07 PM

Not correct.

Liverpooldawg
10-12-2019, 04:11 PM

My understanding is if we fired him after this year we owe him $9,000,000. If so I doubt it happens.

Coursesuper
10-12-2019, 04:12 PM
Who cares! Got to do what you got to do.

msugolf
10-12-2019, 04:14 PM
My understanding is if we fired him after this year we owe him $9,000,000. If so I doubt it happens.

How much will it cost MSU/Starkville to have him coach next year?

dawgday166
10-12-2019, 04:17 PM

Did he get extended last year? And I'm not an expert at it but that would be the whole remainder of his contract wouldn't it. I kinda thought buyouts were somewhat less than the whole contract.

Homedawg
10-12-2019, 04:18 PM
He got an extension and raise

Cooterpoot
10-12-2019, 04:21 PM

Another 17up by Cohen.

Coach34
10-12-2019, 04:21 PM

all these 11am games are going to cost the school and town alot over this year and next

bobtail bob
10-12-2019, 04:22 PM
I thought his buyout was like 3 million last season? You mean someone negotiated with this loud mouthed slob after last season ? Whoever that is should be fired first

DownwardDawg
10-12-2019, 04:22 PM

I hope not true. If so, no way he gets fired. Hopefully Rutgers, Moorehead, and Cohen can all come to some super secret agreement.

DownwardDawg
10-12-2019, 04:23 PM
all these 11am games are going to cost the school and town alot over this year and next

Crowd next week will be brutal. And embarrassing. I hate LSU fans and they gonna let me know all about the crowd next week.

IMissJack
10-12-2019, 04:26 PM

This would be a good question for a grad student to try to figure out and quantify. It has cost me unused tickets that I can't sell because there are so many available. I live 600 miles away and am lucky to get to 2 games a year. Usually I can sell the unused tickets, not this year. I would have to think condo sales/rentals for the weekends, restaurant revenue, hotel revenue, concessions, MSU clothing and merchandise sales, fuel sales, etc would be a pretty penny in the negative.

the_real_MSU_is_us
10-12-2019, 04:29 PM
Crowd next week will be brutal. And embarrassing. I hate LSU fans and they gonna let me know all about the crowd next week.

Tell t hem it's because us fans are trying to send a message to Cohen that there's no option and he has to fire Joe. Lack of fan support for a coach who once had 99% of us excited is a death sentence for any program. No coach has earned a fanbase back after losing it

Maroonthirteen
10-12-2019, 04:33 PM

Can you imagine being in real estate and trying to sell $400k/1000 sq condos in Starkville with a Vandy type football program ? Gezzz.

basedog
10-12-2019, 04:36 PM
Can you imagine being in real estate and trying to sell $400k/1000 sq condos in Starkville with a Vandy type football program ? Gezzz.

Baseball saves the day and women's basketball.

robert
10-12-2019, 04:40 PM
Next season's schedule is not the best for selling tickets.....Aub, A&M about the only decent home games. Other home games; New Mexico, Tulane, Alabama A&M, Missouri are not so appealing.
(and tv is killing attendance)

Alabama, LSU, OM, KY road games

Then throw in the stinkbomb of this season,
Things ain't so bright for football program.

Homedawg
10-12-2019, 04:41 PM

Well it hurts. But it's not like we've been a national power and prices in Starkville are still high. So we as a fan base are suckers. Well and use to losing.

basedog
10-12-2019, 04:44 PM
Well it hurts. But it's not like we've been a national power and prices in Starkville are still high. So we as a fan base are suckers. Well and use to losing.

It's in our genes, "we talking bout history man"**

Fader21
10-12-2019, 04:50 PM
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.saturdaydownsouth.com/sec-football/how-much-it-would-cost-to-buy-out-each-sec-coachs-contract/amp/

I know this was last year but it couldn't have jumped from 0 to 9 mill.

BuckyIsAB****
10-12-2019, 05:11 PM
Next season's schedule is not the best for selling tickets.....Aub, A&M about the only decent home games. Other home games; New Mexico, Tulane, Alabama A&M, Missouri are not so appealing.
(and tv is killing attendance)

Alabama, LSU, OM, KY road games

Then throw in the stinkbomb of this season,
Things ain't so bright for football program.

Tulane will give us all we want if Moorhead is still the coach

RocketDawg
10-12-2019, 06:56 PM
This would be a good question for a grad student to try to figure out and quantify. It has cost me unused tickets that I can't sell because there are so many available. I live 600 miles away and am lucky to get to 2 games a year. Usually I can sell the unused tickets, not this year. I would have to think condo sales/rentals for the weekends, restaurant revenue, hotel revenue, concessions, MSU clothing and merchandise sales, fuel sales, etc would be a pretty penny in the negative.

One criterion: Hotel charges ... do the hotels still have a 2-night minimum stay; are they still charging what I've heard is close to $400/night (includes tax)?

Duckdog
10-12-2019, 08:38 PM
Women's basketball saves the day???? Some of yall are f#cking retarded.

RougeDawg
10-12-2019, 08:44 PM

For what? He took a double digit team to 8 wins. If I got raised like SloMo, I?d be making close to a mil a year, because I exceed expectations. I?ll coach next year for $400k. I could have won 9-10 games last year sitting on the sidelines with a flask of weller and not saying a single word all season.

crackerjax
10-12-2019, 08:49 PM
MSU would owe Joe $9.5 million if he was fired after this season. Props to whoever his agent is for getting him that deal after last season.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/247sports.com/college/south-carolina/Article/Will-Muschamp-buyout-compared-with-SEC-coaches-136114287/Amp/

TUSK
10-12-2019, 08:53 PM
The question is moot.

Spend the check.

dawgday166
10-12-2019, 08:56 PM
The question is moot.

Spend the check.

It is moot. You gonna donate and help us out a little ... ain't ya?

Dawgology
10-12-2019, 09:13 PM
MSU would owe Joe $9.5 million if he was fired after this season. Props to whoever his agent is for getting him that deal after last season.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/247sports.com/college/south-carolina/Article/Will-Muschamp-buyout-compared-with-SEC-coaches-136114287/Amp/

Dumbass move by Cohen. He’s lost as hell when it comes to football I guess.

BayouDawg
10-12-2019, 09:17 PM
Could we fire him with cause since we got on probation under his watch?

HoopsDawg

Wut? How? Why? He had no leverage. How did Cohen get suckered so bad. That's awful if true.

War Machine Dawg

Holy 17. $9.5M to get rid of this assclown? I knew Cohen was dumb to extend him, but that’s an absurd number. Cohen should be out on his ass tomorrow morning. Time for Keenum to intervene and get our athletic department back on course. That all confirms we’re stuck with Moorehead next year. No way we can cough up $9.5M and pay an attractive salary for a new HC.

This also further proves my point in a previous thread. College sports is out of control when you can’t fire a 17er for losing and have to pay him extra money to get rid of his ass. The system is broken. Only a handful of traditional, wealthy schools can afford to compete in this “competitive” landscape.

TUSK
10-12-2019, 09:18 PM
It is moot. You gonna donate and help us out a little ... ain't ya?

Oh, I do.

dawgday166
10-12-2019, 09:19 PM
Oh, I do.

LOL ... by Bama kicking our arse every year ***

War Machine Dawg
10-12-2019, 09:19 PM
Could we fire him with cause since we got on probation under his watch?

This is an interesting idea worth investigating. It might be our only out if that buyout figure is legit.

TUSK
10-12-2019, 09:25 PM
LOL ... by Bama kicking our arse every year ***

Lol. I laughed. No, the check we\the sec sends....****

dawgday166
10-12-2019, 09:27 PM
Lol. I laughed. No, the check we\the sec sends....****

Well duh .. wasn't thinking. Also keep forgetting that's why refs prop y'all up too. Cash cow *****

Homedawg
10-12-2019, 09:35 PM
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.saturdaydownsouth.com/sec-football/how-much-it-would-cost-to-buy-out-each-sec-coachs-contract/amp/

I know this was last year but it couldn't have jumped from 0 to 9 mill.

It was inaccurate then as well

Homedawg
10-12-2019, 09:36 PM
For what? He took a double digit team to 8 wins. If I got raised like SloMo, I?d be making close to a mil a year, because I exceed expectations. I?ll coach next year for $400k. I could have won 9-10 games last year sitting on the sidelines with a flask of weller and not saying a single word all season.

Just pointing out what happened not that I was for it.

BayouDawg
10-12-2019, 09:41 PM
This is an interesting idea worth investigating. It might be our only out if that buyout figure is legit.

Or at least use that as leverage to negotiate the buyout down some

Homedawg
10-12-2019, 10:30 PM
Or at least use that as leverage to negotiate the buyout down some

Only if he was the one doing it or found in fault. So no luck here

Liverpooldawg
10-12-2019, 10:36 PM
Did he get extended last year? And I'm not an expert at it but that would be the whole remainder of his contract wouldn't it. I kinda thought buyouts were somewhat less than the whole contract.

He did.

Todd4State

That's the value of the entire contract so I would imagine that would be over a four year period. So I'm guessing we would probably negotiate it out where we pay like 3 million over the next three or something like that? Probably would be closer to like 7 million since we're paying him for this year if I had to guess and no reason to pay him for another year on top of what we would already owe so it would be something like 2.3 million over the next three years unless he wanted a lump sum or something like that.

We also might be able to negotiate it down if he gets another head coaching job over the next three years.

Saltydog
That?s grasping at the wind! Unless he could be directly implicated there?s no misconduct on his behalf!

Liverpooldawg
10-12-2019, 10:39 PM

Last year was a 10 win D and a 6 win O. We won 8. You do the math. We are one win down from where I thought we would be this year....and that win ain't today. I tried to tell y'all. Now you can place the blame wherever, I ain't defending Joe THIS year.

RougeDawg
10-12-2019, 10:45 PM
Last year was a 10 win D and a 6 win O. We won 8. You do the math. We are one win down from where I thought we would be this year....and that win ain't today. I tried to tell y'all. Now you can place the blame wherever, I ain't defending Joe THIS year.

We are two wins down this year. Without SloMo we beat KSU and UT. Period. Any corpse has us at 3-3 right now. You could literally have no head coach with this team and be 5-1. SloMo has us 3-3. I and a handful of others saw that last year against Florida. It was easy to see if you allow yourself to see it.

ETA. Without SloMo we beat Florida Kentucky and Iowa last year. Equaling 11 wins

Coach34
10-12-2019, 10:50 PM
Last year was a 10 win D and a 6 win O. We won 8. You do the math.

It's dumb posts like this that bother me.

Last year's D was a 13 win D. It was hands down the best in the country. 13 games worth.

Last year's O won 9 games in 2017. Why was it suddenly a 6 win offense? What changed?

HoopsDawg
10-12-2019, 10:56 PM

Awful take but you've been saying the same thing for a year so congrats on consistency.

War Machine Dawg
10-12-2019, 10:57 PM
It's dumb posts like this that bother me.

Last year's D was a 13 win D. It was hands down the best in the country. 13 games worth.

Last year's O won 9 games in 2017. Why was it suddenly a 6 win offense? What changed?

No shit. We had a national championship caliber D last year. Anyone arguing otherwise is a poor ol' MSU revisionist trying to avoid the reality. If anything, last year's offense should have been better than the 2017 offense, given the personnel available. Moorhead took an offense that was competitive and coached it down to a FCS level at best. This "check with me" bullshit and slow ass tempo can't go soon enough.

BrunswickDawg
10-12-2019, 11:20 PM

Well, damn, I guess we will have to delay Shotgun's Davis Wade Dream Roof so we can pay that buyout.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
10-12-2019, 11:23 PM
Don?t know but I will not be attending another State football game until he?s gone.

TaleofTwoDogs
10-12-2019, 11:28 PM
Save money with Bill Clark, he only makes $1M at UAB. Double his salary, add incentives.

BayouDawg
10-12-2019, 11:41 PM
Only if he was the one doing it or found in fault. So no luck here

Well I think we should fire him with cause right now. Cause being he sucks. Lol I know we gonna be paying him to not coach for about 3 years though

Liverpooldawg
10-13-2019, 01:02 AM
Awful take but you've been saying the same thing for a year so congrats on consistency.

And on being correct if I have to say it myself. You ain't going to win a national, or SEC title, these days with a great defense only. You MIGHT win it with a great offense and an average defense. You won't win it with the reverse. It sucks because I love great defense. It never really has been the case though. Look at Joe Lee Dunn's history. For the record I predicted 8-4 regular season last year. I nailed that. I predicted 7-5 with a better chance of 6-6 than 8-4 this year. I'm afraid I let my heart get the best of me this time.

msbulldog
10-13-2019, 09:07 AM
That?s grasping at the wind! Unless he could be directly implicated there?s no misconduct on his behalf!

Absolutely correct Salty, The tutors are not under the athletic dept., they are under the academic provost. It was set up this way to prevent any improprieties from anybody in the athletic dept. So Joe had no oversight of the issue.

ScooterDog
10-13-2019, 12:44 PM
Let me ask. Is is possible/probable that JOMO resigns? I know he could apply at Rutgers, etc., but is he too hard headed to stay on? Looks like his pride or conscience could get next to him outside of the $$$ at some point in time. What do y'all think?