PDA

View Full Version : Today was a Great Day For MSU Football

ShotgunDawg
10-12-2019, 03:28 PM
I?m a firm believer that the best thing that can often happen is for incompetence to be so overwhelming that it becomes abundantly obvious that changes have to be made.

Take Jason Garrett for example, mildly winning clouds the picture and gives the employer just enough hope that they continue to throw good money after bad. They continue to hold on to a sliver of hope that their hire was correct.

However, days like today make it obvious. Today is not a day for anger. Today is a day to laugh, including Cohen and Keenum, sit back with a beer and say, ?man, I really 17ed that one up. Let?s just accept it and cut bait before the hole is too deep to dig out of?

Moorhead is a good guy but a shitty coach. Let?s just all admit it and move on.

This shouldn’t be hard

shoeless joe
10-12-2019, 03:33 PM
In the 2nd quarter today I realized that winning would only extend the process that needs to occur quickly. So I agree with this...screwing up isn’t the end of the world. Not learning from it and making adjustments is. That goes for the players, coaches, and administration

Commercecomet24
10-12-2019, 03:34 PM
Good post Gun.

msstate7
10-12-2019, 03:36 PM
Is Stevens still a better passer than dak, shotgun?

bobtail bob
10-12-2019, 03:36 PM
This is my take too admit you made a mistake so fix it while keeping in mind the lessons you take from it.

ShotgunDawg
10-12-2019, 03:40 PM
Is Stevens still a better passer than dak, shotgun?

I still like the ball he throws but he has terrible instincts

ShotgunDawg
10-12-2019, 03:41 PM
This is my take too admit you made a mistake so fix it while keeping in mind the lessons you take from it.

If they fix it now, I’m not sure the hole is very deep

msstate7
10-12-2019, 03:42 PM
I still like the ball he throws but he has terrible instincts

Come on gun, admit you were way wrong and ridiculous to put tommy in dak's company

ShotgunDawg
10-12-2019, 03:47 PM
Come on gun, admit you were way wrong and ridiculous to put tommy in dak's company

I was wrong. Moorhead is awful though

ShotgunDawg
10-12-2019, 05:51 PM
I hope the MSU leadership surprises me and makes a move but I completely expect us just to do what we've always done and extend this until it's all burned down. M

Keenum needs to show some balls right now.

HoopsDawg
10-12-2019, 05:55 PM
The problem is I don't have much trust in Cohen to make the right hire. And I don't love a lot of the names being thrown around today. I think we should just give Bill Clark a chance and see what he can do.

dawgday166
10-12-2019, 05:56 PM
I was wrong. Moorhead is awful though

Good for you! You probably deserve a lollipop now ********

R2Dawg
10-12-2019, 06:08 PM
I?m a firm believer that the best thing that can often happen is for incompetence to be so overwhelming that it becomes abundantly obvious that changes have to be made.

Take Jason Garrett for example, mildly winning clouds the picture and gives the employer just enough hope that they continue to throw good money after bad. They continue to hold on to a sliver of hope that their hire was correct.

However, days like today make it obvious. Today is not a day for anger. Today is a day to laugh, including Cohen and Keenum, sit back with a beer and say, ?man, I really 17ed that one up. Let?s just accept it and cut bait before the hole is too deep to dig out of?

This shouldn’t be hard

Agree to a point, I said a similar thing on another thread. I wouldn't call it great anytime your program is a dumpster fire and looking at a wholesale coaching change. Today was better than continuing to play with fools gold.

ShotgunDawg
10-12-2019, 06:11 PM
The problem is I don't have much trust in Cohen to make the right hire. And I don't love a lot of the names being thrown around today. I think we should just give Bill Clark a chance and see what he can do.

Don't worry about not liking the names you're hearing. It's not your job to know those.

Rest assured the right guy is alive and kicking in this Earth. It's the AD's job to find him.

ShotgunDawg
10-12-2019, 06:12 PM
Agree to a point, I said a similar thing on another thread. I wouldn't call it great anytime your program is a dumpster fire and looking at a wholesale coaching change. Today was better than continuing to play with fools gold.

Agree. You get my point though.

Liverpooldawg
10-12-2019, 06:46 PM

This shouldn’t be hard

TERRIBLE POST. Losing is NEVER great. Losing sucks. I NEVER want to lose, EVER.

Dawg61
10-12-2019, 06:52 PM
Shotgun finally admits he's rooting for MSU to lose. Time for 7 now.

ShotgunDawg
10-12-2019, 06:55 PM
Shotgun finally admits he's rooting for MSU to lose. Time for 7 now.

I'm rooting for MSU to compete for championships and thus am for whatever hurries up that process.

TUSK
10-12-2019, 07:09 PM
During the Mike Dubose Error, I called the Hogs vs Bammer.... twice.

R2Dawg
10-12-2019, 07:58 PM
Same thing happened with Croom in Egg Bowl. I think the players actually wanted to throw the game to make sure they got a new coach. And, it worked.

It is only good if you move up like we did Croom to Mullen. If you don't improve, not gaining anything.