PDA

View Full Version : I was 100% wrong about Moorhead

Todd4State
10-12-2019, 02:08 PM
I apologize to all of you who I have acted like an ass towards. Especially 7.

It's one thing to be patient- and I am more patient than most. But there's also reality and that patience isn't infinite.

Joe is not the answer and that is very clear to me now. I do think that we should make a change at the end of the season and I will not support MSU football the rest of the season in the form of showing up to games until Joe is removed from his head coaching duties.

I did not give Dan a pass for not playing the best players and Joe will receive equal treatment from me for doing the same thing.

I do not condone the cheating, the multiple suspensions, the lack of effort, the lack of attention to details from S&C to special teams, to not being able to line up correctly. It is embarrassing to put a MSU ahem M-State logo on that as it does represent the school that I am an alumni of and my standards are much higher on a personal level in my own personal business than that.

Go to hell Joe.

Dental Dawg33
10-12-2019, 02:11 PM
I defended him and defended him and defended him. No more. He has to go

MetEdDawg
10-12-2019, 02:11 PM

It's one thing to be patient- and I am more patient than most. But there's also reality and that patience isn't infinite.

Joe is not the answer and that is very clear to me now. I do think that we should make a change at the end of the season and I will not support MSU football the rest of the season in the form of showing up to games until Joe is removed from his head coaching duties.

I did not give Dan a pass for not playing the best players and Joe will receive equal treatment from me for doing the same thing.

I do not condone the cheating, the multiple suspensions, the lack of effort, the lack of attention to details from S&C to special teams, to not being able to line up correctly. It is embarrassing to put a MSU ahem M-State logo on that as it does represent the school that I am an alumni of and my standards are much higher on a personal level in my own personal business than that.

Go to hell Joe.

I'm right there with you. Gave him the benefit of the doubt and thought he could do it. I don't blame Cohen for the hire. But Moorhead is not the right guy. Make a change now and make a big one.

msstate7
10-12-2019, 02:14 PM
We just need to get the right guy and keep shrader... I love this kid

msudawg1200
10-12-2019, 02:14 PM
Yep, thought he deserved at least three years, but the longer this goes the deeper the hole we dig.

dantheman4248
10-12-2019, 02:15 PM
I’ll eat crow. The guy can’t get it done in the SEC. He needs to go to the Ivy League or Texas High School system.

BrunswickDawg
10-12-2019, 02:16 PM
Right there with you Todd.
Moorhead lost me today.

maroonmania
10-12-2019, 02:17 PM
I defended him and defended him and defended him. No more. He has to go

Yep, I wanted next year to be the make or break year for Joe just because, even had Moorhead done a good job this year, with the rebuild year on top of the suspensions we were probably no more than a 7 win team. But now, its apparent that WHATEVER you think MSU can do you might as well shave 2-3 games off that win total because of incompetent coaching. I'm shocked at how poorly coached we are. You don't have to ultra talented to execute and look like you are an organized football team.

Todd4State
10-12-2019, 02:18 PM
I'm right there with you. Gave him the benefit of the doubt and thought he could do it. I don't blame Cohen for the hire. But Moorhead is not the right guy. Make a change now and make a big one.

Cohen will get the blame and rightfully so just because that comes with the territory. But as someone that has made hires before and been part of the process in a different business all you can do is make the best hire based on the process and hope it works out. For me, most of the time it has worked out but sometimes it just doesn't.

The good thing about hiring/firing is you're never really truly stuck with anyone. You just have to make a better hire the next time out. Which is why I never feared losing Dan. And I fear losing Joe much less.

dawgday166
10-12-2019, 02:18 PM

Yep

Todd4State
10-12-2019, 02:19 PM

We need to keep in mind the right guy is more important than any single player.

But yes I would want to keep Shrader.

Commercecomet24
10-12-2019, 02:19 PM

Go to hell Joe.

I'm right there with you! I feel like I should wear a scarlet letter saying "I defended joe Moorhead" geez this was embarrassing.

Commercecomet24
10-12-2019, 02:20 PM

Agreed. Shrader has some big steel balls. Need some others to get that.

Todd4State
10-12-2019, 02:20 PM
I'm right there with you! I feel like I should wear a scarlet letter saying "I defended joe Moorhead" geez this was embarrassing.

Well, I don't feel bad about giving someone a legit chance and supporting someone. At least then they can't say that "well, I didn't get the support I needed".

Bothrops
10-12-2019, 02:22 PM
Everyone is done with Moorhead, including our recruiting class. We made JoMo a millionaire to bury our program.

Turfdawg67
10-12-2019, 02:25 PM

Go to hell Joe.

You don't have to apologize to a guy that is butt hurt because his man crush left us. But yeah... no doubt now, Moorhead and Cohen should be gone.

Commercecomet24
Well, I don't feel bad about giving someone a legit chance and supporting someone. At least then they can't say that "well, I didn't get the support I needed".

Yeah I'm always willing to give a guy a chance but you gotta show something like progress. I always like to let the season play out but it's obvious he's lost the team. 2 weeks to prepare and that's the best we can do. The issues just aren't getting better and are getting worse.

shoeless joe
Make the move now. Don’t wait. Go the interim route, hopefully savage a couple wins and have the replacement ready to go the day after egg bowl. Early signing period = can’t drag this out

basedog
10-12-2019, 02:26 PM
So disappointing! He ain’t the answer, I was wrong also.

Bothrops
10-12-2019, 02:27 PM
Make the move now. Don’t wait. Go the interim route, hopefully savage a couple wins and have the replacement ready to go the day after egg bowl. Early signing period = can’t drag this out

Agreed.

MarketingBully
10-12-2019, 02:27 PM

Agreed. Shrader is the only good part of this team. Moorhead needs to go. He’s not head coach material. He was just outcoached by Jeremy Pruitt. I was at this crapfest of a game and it was worse then it looked on TV.

Turfdawg67
10-12-2019, 02:28 PM
Agreed. Shrader has some big steel balls. Need some others to get that.

Shrader came to Possum Town because of Joe. He'd be gone too... as will a few of our recruits. Back to the dark years folks. But hey, there's been very few light ones over the last 100 years.

TrapGame
10-12-2019, 02:29 PM
I apologize as well to 7, Home and PM. I tried to be as positive as possible hoping for the best. I offer apologies to Fitz. He was totally misused last season and it's all due to Joe's ineptitude. It's blatantly obvious now. It's time for Joe to go. Another year and we're looking at a sustained Croom level crappiness.

Todd4State
10-12-2019, 02:29 PM
Yeah I'm always willing to give a guy a chance but you gotta show something like progress. I always like to let the season play out but it's obvious he's lost the team. 2 weeks to prepare and that's the best we can do. The issues just aren't getting better and are getting worse.

Today didn't and shouldn't have been like this. Just start Shrader and we probably win.

MarketingBully
10-12-2019, 02:30 PM
Shrader came to Possum Town because of Joe. He'd be gone too... as will a few of our recruits. Back to the dark years folks. But hey, there's been very few light ones over the last 100 years.

What do you propose? Wait until Moorhead has destroyed this program to where we know we are back in the dark ages?

Todd4State

We can't mortgage the program over one player or a recruiting class.

Homedawg
This is going to get way worse before it gets better.

dawgday166
10-12-2019, 02:32 PM
This is going to get way worse before it gets better.

I think so too. Gotta really research this hire well.

WeWonItAll(Most)
10-12-2019, 02:32 PM
Make the move now. Don?t wait. Go the interim route, hopefully savage a couple wins and have the replacement ready to go the day after egg bowl. Early signing period = can?t drag this out

This is a big issue. With the early signing period it's hard not to tank your recruiting class when you make a coaching change. Which then comes around to biting the new coach in the ass down the line.

basedog
10-12-2019, 02:34 PM

+1. I agree completely.

RezDog7
10-12-2019, 02:36 PM
My bad, I was wrong. What a joke. Glad I spent the day at deer camp.

Todd4State
10-12-2019, 02:39 PM
This is a big issue. With the early signing period it's hard not to tank your recruiting class when you make a coaching change. Which then comes around to biting the new coach in the ass down the line.

Which is why we really need to start now.

Irondawg
10-12-2019, 02:42 PM
The only thing he could do to possibly convince me to give him another year is to openly admit he's been really bad as an OC/HC and is giving over OC duties as there are numerous issues inside the program with effort that need to be addressed and he's going to get that fixed.

Then if I see improvements in those areas I'd give him another year

Bothrops
10-12-2019, 02:43 PM

I would give up playing football at MSU if it weren't for the revenue.

Todd4State
10-12-2019, 02:48 PM
The only thing he could do to possibly convince me to give him another year is to openly admit he's been really bad as an OC/HC and is giving over OC duties as there are numerous issues inside the program with effort that need to be addressed and he's going to get that fixed.

Then if I see improvements in those areas I'd give him another year

It's more than just that. Special teams. S&C. Discipline.

And that's just on the team level really.

We have issues with compliance, marketing, and gameday environment.

WeWonItAll(Most)
10-12-2019, 02:49 PM
Which is why we really need to start now.

I do think the trend will become to fire coaches mid season rather than waiting till the end of the year. I just don't think we'll be the ones setting that trend

NCDawg
10-12-2019, 02:50 PM
Right there with you Todd.
Moorhead lost me today.

He lost me after the Kentucky game last year. Totally undisciplined, unprepared, football team.

maroonmania
10-12-2019, 02:53 PM
I do think the trend will become to fire coaches mid season rather than waiting till the end of the year. I just don't think we'll be the ones setting that trend

No we won't. I'd be shocked if we did anything with Joe this year because of on field performance. This being Cohen's first big hire, he is going to give him more than a 2 year rope. Even with a losing season I would be surprised to see Moorhead not get a 3rd year.

Todd4State
10-12-2019, 02:53 PM

I can see that. If it were me I'd be looking right now and make sure I had someone in place after the Egg Bowl.

Todd4State
10-12-2019, 02:54 PM
No we won't. I'd be shocked if we did anything with Joe this year because of on field performance. This being Cohen's first big hire, he is going to give him more than a 2 year rope. Even with a losing season I would be surprised to see Moorhead not get a 3rd year.

Well, we'll see what the major boosters have to say. As I and others have said it would take a disastrous year to fire Joe but he appears to be well on his way.

cheewgumm
10-12-2019, 02:56 PM
I want to replace Joe as much as anyone, any real chance, though that this happens after 2 years?

Also, I don?t blame any of our fans for trying to be optimistic about Joe and ?give him a chance?. This is the place to argue it out. We all want us to be good though.

Irondawg
10-12-2019, 02:57 PM
It's more than just that. Special teams. S&C. Discipline.

And that's just on the team level really.

We have issues with compliance, marketing, and gameday environment.

Special teams for sure - I don't see Joey back next year at all even if Joe stays. S&C is just a guess by people on the couch. I don't know if we have a S&C issue or if we just have a talent issue. Maybe it's both - you'd have to have players really address if they feel they aren't as fast and strong as last year.

maroonmania
10-12-2019, 03:01 PM
Well, we'll see what the major boosters have to say. As I and others have said it would take a disastrous year to fire Joe but he appears to be well on his way.

To be honest, a lot will come down to what happens in the Egg Bowl. If we win 4 or 5 games with a loss to OM, especially if we get beat bad, THEN Cohen's hand might be forced.

Commercecomet24
10-12-2019, 03:08 PM

I know 2 right here who were waiting to see what happened today. These 2 families could write a check for any amount needed. They were on the fence but not anymore. It's gonna get ugly.

War Machine Dawg
10-12-2019, 03:09 PM

You guys have no reason to be ashamed. Like with most things in life, the truth eventually comes out and is obvious to everyone. Some just see it faster than others. And you guys did what was right for you in supporting Moorhead and giving him what you felt was a fair shake. Hell, if it had worked out, I'd have been the first to eat my plate of crow about wanting him gone. But you guys stepped up and saw the truth. We're good in my book.

Turfdawg67
10-12-2019, 03:12 PM
What do you propose? Wait until Moorhead has destroyed this program to where we know we are back in the dark ages?

We can't mortgage the program over one player or a recruiting class.

Follow the thread boys... a poster said that he'd like Joe gone but keep Shrader. I was only pointing out that Shrader and a few of our commits would prob bail if he was fired. Not saying we should keep Moorhead.

War Machine Dawg
10-12-2019, 03:13 PM
Everyone is done with Moorhead, including our recruiting class. We made JoMo a millionaire to bury our program.

This is one of the major reasons I'm becoming more and more disenfranchised by college sports. Coaches get paid millions for one job: Win games. But when they don't, you can't just fire them. You have to pay them millions more on top of their salary in the form of a "buyout" to get rid of them. It should be breach of contract when you lose enough games. The whole system is out of control. Be a P5 HC just once, and even if you go 0-12 for 1-2 years, you're set for life financially. It isn't right.

Turfdawg67
10-12-2019, 03:15 PM
You guys have no reason to be ashamed. Like with most things in life, the truth eventually comes out and is obvious to everyone. Some just see it faster than others. And you guys did what was right for you in supporting Moorhead and giving him what you felt was a fair shake. Hell, if it had worked out, I'd have been the first to eat my plate of crow about wanting him gone. But you guys stepped up and saw the truth. We're good in my book.

"Some see it faster than others" Ha! Most of you vocal/insightful fans wanted Mullen gone early on too. "Oh, not me!" Yeah, right.

Todd4State
10-12-2019, 03:18 PM
I want to replace Joe as much as anyone, any real chance, though that this happens after 2 years?

Also, I don?t blame any of our fans for trying to be optimistic about Joe and ?give him a chance?. This is the place to argue it out. We all want us to be good though.

There's absolutely "a chance" it could after two years. As I said it would have to be an extreme situation- like winning four games, losing the team, and etc. or a situation like Cann. Unfortunately that appears to be in play potentially.

Special teams for sure - I don't see Joey back next year at all even if Joe stays. S&C is just a guess by people on the couch. I don't know if we have a S&C issue or if we just have a talent issue. Maybe it's both - you'd have to have players really address if they feel they aren't as fast and strong as last year.

As far as S&C goes I can tell you from baseball and Cohen he didn't really totally understand much about S&C and we suffered in baseball because of that for awhile. And I think that's a big reason why we had so many injuries under Wes- because we were weak in the S&C component to start with and then we start ramping up stuff really quickly. Really a S&C fail there. Plus look at how much better our baseball team looked and performed this year with a different S&C guy. We get a lot of players that are very raw talent wise so it's really imperative that we are really on top of our game S&C wise. We have to develop strength and speed to more of a degree than the blue bloods. From rumors I've heard that S&C may be more on Cohen because he went cheap on the hire. I've also seen some of our former players like Jonathan Banks call out the S&C coach.

To be honest, a lot will come down to what happens in the Egg Bowl. If we win 4 or 5 games with a loss to OM, especially if we get beat bad, THEN Cohen's hand might be forced.

It should be forced regardless of what happens in the Egg Bowl.

I know 2 right here who were waiting to see what happened today. These 2 families could write a check for any amount needed. They were on the fence but not anymore. It's gonna get ugly.

Yeah. The money is there and that won't be an issue if it comes down to that.

Tbonewannabe
10-12-2019, 03:19 PM

I am right there with ya'll. Drove 5 hours to watch this shit show. I am officially on the fire Moorhead bandwagon.

I seen it dawg
10-12-2019, 03:19 PM

This may be the post of the football season.

Todd4State
10-12-2019, 03:20 PM
This is one of the major reasons I'm becoming more and more disenfranchised by college sports. Coaches get paid millions for one job: Win games. But when they don't, you can't just fire them. You have to pay them millions more on top of their salary in the form of a "buyout" to get rid of them. It should be breach of contract when you lose enough games. The whole system is out of control. Be a P5 HC just once, and even if you go 0-12 for 1-2 years, you're set for life financially. It isn't right.

Off topic but I would love to coach somewhere like MSU for about five years and be set for life and hopefully have a nice run and then go somewhere like Tulane and make another million or two for about five years.

Tbonewannabe
10-12-2019, 03:21 PM
Make the move now. Don?t wait. Go the interim route, hopefully savage a couple wins and have the replacement ready to go the day after egg bowl. Early signing period = can?t drag this out

I didn't think about that but it is actually more important to get started in the hiring process. We need to be ready to announce a new coach as soon as possible.