PDA

View Full Version : It?s time.

Cowbell
10-12-2019, 12:16 PM
I have watched and haven?t brought judgement early. But this is clear as a mountain stream. Coach is limited but he is by no means maximizing the talent he has. I don?t want to knock our young men at all when I say this. This is on coaching, leadership, discipline, preparedness, conditioning, motivation. Things out of our players control for the most part.

How do we pressure Cohen to go get us a real SEC coach. I don?t mind losing. But this isn?t entertaining at all and terrible ROI from a business standpoint.

Pollodawg
10-12-2019, 12:17 PM
I don’t want Cohen making not another hire here.

MetEdDawg
10-12-2019, 12:17 PM
It's not time yet. If Shrader is healthy and doesn't start the 2nd half then it's time

BuckyIsAB****
10-12-2019, 12:22 PM
Yep.. It is time. I have been on the Moorhead wagon since he got here. It is time to realize he just isnt ready for this. Tennessee is awful, they were years behind us as a program and we have let them catch us. Stevens aint got it either. That last pick, middle school QBs dont throw that ball.

The offense is generic. For all of his talk about being innovative I havent seen much to say he is. He had one unique play against Auburn to Farrod and that was it. Everything else is standard A1 day 1 spread/air raid stuff. We look unorganized and unprepared. Shrader should be in the game in this half. I dont see how you can stick with 7 after that. Defensively we are playing much better this week than a year ago but on the TD we were woefully misaligned. Our LBs have to see that and line the DL up right. They are pups they need a dawg to help them

BeastMan
10-12-2019, 12:23 PM
This is 100% on John Cohen. He has ruined MSU football. This is the 2nd major sport disaster hire. Cohen needs the boot now

biggun
10-12-2019, 12:26 PM
I don’t want Cohen making not another hire here.

AMEN!!!!

biggun
10-12-2019, 12:27 PM
Saquon Barkley created *********. Period. Without him, Joe would have been fired by now if still at Penn State. Period

MetEdDawg
10-12-2019, 12:33 PM
Braxton Hoyett tweets "It's time for change at Mississippi State"

smootness
10-12-2019, 12:33 PM
This is 100% on John Cohen. He has ruined MSU football. This is the 2nd major sport disaster hire. Cohen needs the boot now

? Who was the first?

Moorhead is not good and will eventually be fired, and I've said that since Florida last year. But he was a good hire on paper, and Cohen has been good elsewhere.

War Machine Dawg
10-12-2019, 12:34 PM
I don?t want Cohen making not another hire here.

This. Cohen's second choice was the guy on the other sideline today. We're well and truly 17d if that's Cohen's ability to evaluate football coaching talent. That said, we need to do the obvious thing and hire Mike Norvell. I don't give a damn if he likes to gamble. The sumbitch wins football games and kept the Memphis train rolling after Fuente left. And his offense is actually fun to watch and scores points.

msstate7
10-12-2019, 12:35 PM

Wow, I'm not a Moorhead guy, but that says a lot... hoyett played for joe

HoopsDawg
10-12-2019, 12:44 PM

Wow!!!!!!

Dawgology
10-12-2019, 12:46 PM
? Who was the first?

Moorhead is not good and will eventually be fired, and I've said that since Florida last year. But he was a good hire on paper, and Cohen has been good elsewhere.

The baseball coach that was screwing his secretary and not coaching the baseball team.

Dawgology
10-12-2019, 12:47 PM

And he is 100% correct.

BeastMan
10-12-2019, 12:52 PM
? Who was the first?

Andy Cannizaro

Coursesuper
10-12-2019, 12:59 PM
? Who was the first?

John Cohen will never ever make a strong hire, he will never hire a coach that will push back on him. He has to dominate the situation, he's too much of a micromanager.

MetEdDawg
10-12-2019, 01:13 PM
Multiple players on Twitter now saying some not good stuff. This is bad folks. Really really bad

BuckyIsAB****
10-12-2019, 01:13 PM
Wow, I'm not a Moorhead guy, but that says a lot... hoyett played for joe

Current players have told me they have seen enough as well. Former players too. To quote Stephon Diggs, ''There is truth to all the rumors.''

smootness
10-12-2019, 01:20 PM
The baseball coach that was screwing his secretary and not coaching the baseball team.

I don't put that on Cohen. It was a good hire at the time, I thought. And he recruited most of the guys that led us the last couple years. Lemonis was also a good hire. He's handled the baseball program well.

Randolph Dupree
10-12-2019, 01:21 PM
I Was critical of Cannizzaro before his incident but I don't put any of that on Cohen. There's no way to know about those things prior to making that selection. Cohen shouldn't take the heat for that. Moorhead was a great hire on paper but it turns out its's a shitty hire. With all that being said, if Cohen is a micro manager then we need to send him packing too.

Coursesuper
10-12-2019, 01:26 PM
I Was critical of Cannizzaro before his incident but I don't put any of that on Cohen. There's no way to know about those things prior to making that selection. Cohen shouldn't take the heat for that. Moorhead was a great hire on paper but it turns out its's a shitty hire. With all that being said, if Cohen is a micro manager then we need to send him packing too.

Oh he's a micromanager to the nth, degree.

smootness
10-12-2019, 01:34 PM
Oh he's a micromanager to the nth, degree.

Isn't this what so many claimed they wanted him to do when he was hired? ' Tell Mullen he needs to _____.'

Coursesuper
10-12-2019, 01:40 PM
Isn't this what so many claimed they wanted him to do when he was hired? ' Tell Mullen he needs to _____.'

Not I, known how that bastard operates for a long time.

Saltydog
10-12-2019, 01:43 PM
Well, what has prompted your change? You've been rah rah Jo at every turn, for the most part.

BeastMan
10-12-2019, 01:43 PM

When you?re a big-time baseball program and you hire a guy with zero experience, there is no telling what you?ll get. We had literally no idea how AC would be running a program. We found out he was immature and not ready to ha doe running a major sports program. Cohen absolutely gets no pass for that. It?s on him.

Randolph Dupree
10-12-2019, 01:47 PM
When you?re a big-time baseball program and you hire a guy with zero experience, there is no telling what you?ll get. We had literally no idea how AC would be running a program. We found out he was immature and not ready to ha doe running a major sports program. Cohen absolutely gets no pass for that. It?s on him.

I would say some of that is on the timing of the hire. It was a fall hire if I remember correctly. I guess we could've gone with Henderson as an interim but outside of that not sure what the options were.

Coursesuper
10-12-2019, 01:52 PM
I would say some of that is on the timing of the hire. It was a fall hire if I remember correctly. I guess we could've gone with Henderson as an interim but outside of that not sure what the options were.

I'll say it again, John Cohen will never ever hire anyone that will challenge him in any way. He's is going to try to control the situation every time in every way. Until that is fixed we are what we are.

PKADogs55
10-12-2019, 02:07 PM
I just cant defend this guys coaching anymore. Fire his ass at seasons end. Cohen made a bad choice on this fat 17, but keep him. I wanted to give Jomo every chance I could, regardless what this board cries week after week .... but I cant, he needs to be gone.

Bothrops
10-12-2019, 02:34 PM
Multiple players on Twitter now saying some not good stuff. This is bad folks. Really really bad

They are helping us at this point. This never was a fit and JoMo is no HC.

msudawg1200
10-12-2019, 03:03 PM
Yep.. It is time. I have been on the Moorhead wagon since he got here. It is time to realize he just isnt ready for this. Tennessee is awful, they were years behind us as a program and we have let them catch us. Stevens aint got it either. That last pick, middle school QBs dont throw that ball.

The offense is generic. For all of his talk about being innovative I havent seen much to say he is. He had one unique play against Auburn to Farrod and that was it. Everything else is standard A1 day 1 spread/air raid stuff. We look unorganized and unprepared. Shrader should be in the game in this half. I dont see how you can stick with 7 after that. Defensively we are playing much better this week than a year ago but on the TD we were woefully misaligned. Our LBs have to see that and line the DL up right. They are pups they need a dawg to help them

He was never innovative. He had freaking Saquan Barkley and Trace McSorley playing the likes of Rutgers, Indiana, Maryland, Illinois, etc. Neither was he a genius. Nothing he has ran on offense is innovative. It isn?t because he doesn?t have his players either. He?s in over his head and needs to go.

MetEdDawg
10-12-2019, 03:08 PM
They are helping us at this point. This never was a fit and JoMo is no HC.

True but it's a bad public look for the university. They are all blasting the program. I get it's bad and it's going to put some pressure on. And it seems like we've got enough juice from our previous players for their voice to mean something.

But its not a great look for us