PDA

View Full Version : Today we find out what we are made of

Irondawg
10-12-2019, 10:19 AM
Can Joe get players ready for a road game?

How does our defense look with all its players?

Do we have the locker room leaders necessary to fire the team up and demand attention to detail?

What adjustments have we made coming off the bye?

Will Joe make the right call at QB?

Lots of questions we are about to find out the answers to.

dawgday166
10-12-2019, 10:26 AM
TN is 8 in SEC in Total D (all games) and they've played FL & Ga. We're 13 and we haven't played a good O yet. In SEC games only they're 1.5 yds worse than we are.

Their O is about 40 yds worse than ours but, they've also played FL and Ga. We did play AU. Not sure on their new QB yet. I don't like our O with Stevens back there.

Probably somewhat of a lean towards TN unless Shoop brings our D today. And then Tommy has to be ready to play in an SEC game with bigger boys.

Dawgology
10-12-2019, 10:36 AM
In the words of the famous scruffy looking, nerf-herder “ I’ve got a baaaaaad feeling about this”.

I think our full implosion starts today. I really hope I’m wrong.

gravedigger
10-12-2019, 10:38 AM
Can Joe get players ready for a road game?

How does our defense look with all its players?

Do we have the locker room leaders necessary to fire the team up and demand attention to detail?

What adjustments have we made coming off the bye?

Will Joe make the right call at QB?

Lots of questions we are about to find out the answers to.

I'm not sold on this game telling us much of anything. Hope I feel differently afterwards.

Todd4State
10-12-2019, 10:53 AM
We know how this normally works out for MSU football unfortunately.

maroonmania
10-12-2019, 11:02 AM
I'm not sure I really want to know what we are made of. Ignorance is bliss.

State82
10-12-2019, 11:08 AM
I think we see what we are made of

maroonmania
10-12-2019, 02:20 PM
I think we see what we are made of

Before the game started I was pretty sure I knew what we were made of and didn't want to see it. This game confirmed it and I still wish I didn't know it.

Bothrops
10-12-2019, 02:36 PM
Sugar and spice and everything nice is what we're made of.

Homedawg
10-12-2019, 02:37 PM
I'm not sold on this game telling us much of anything. Hope I feel differently afterwards.

How about now???

HoopsDawg
10-12-2019, 02:42 PM
Can Joe get players ready for a road game? NO

How does our defense look with all its players? Not Great

Do we have the locker room leaders necessary to fire the team up and demand attention to detail? NO

What adjustments have we made coming off the bye? None

Will Joe make the right call at QB? Nope

Lots of questions we are about to find out the answers to. It's either Joe or you Jon

Irondawg
10-12-2019, 02:53 PM
Yep - I'd say our defense was passable today but still not good. However when we needed them to get a stop to give us a chance to win they couldn't do it.

maroonmania
10-12-2019, 03:03 PM
Yep - I'd say our defense was passable today but still not good. However when we needed them to get a stop to give us a chance to win they couldn't do it.

Defense played decent today until we really needed them and then, of course, they crapped the bed giving up a 90 yard TD drive that ended the game.

gravedigger
10-12-2019, 03:46 PM
How about now???

It told me the week off didn?t help.

It told me Garrett now gets the start for the rest of the season

It told me I should apply for special teams coach

It told me the offense that was described on video, in penn st and Fordham offense, isn?t really pass first.

It told me Shoop was given credit for the talent of his players.

It told me we put too much credit into willie gays int vs uk and he isn?t really the difference maker that play lead us to believe.

So it wound up telling me quite a bit. Just nothing good.