PDA

View Full Version : Cowbells at UT?

West Tn Dawg
10-10-2019, 09:00 AM
My girls are heading to Knoxville tomorrow to the game. Should they take their cowbells or not? Don't want them to be taken away from them.

trob115
10-10-2019, 09:03 AM
Definitely do not take them. They will be confiscated by security.

Tbonewannabe
10-10-2019, 09:06 AM
Basically don't take them to road games. Some places up the security intensity to look for cowbells. I only take mine to home games and bowl games if they have been approved.

Cooterpoot
10-10-2019, 09:14 AM
They took my bell and liquor last time I was there. Put us all against the wall and frisked us.

MagicDawg
10-10-2019, 09:36 AM
I really don't understand how this question keeps coming up. They are only approved in Starkville. Literally everyone else hates them. We sometimes/usually get permission for bowl games. Other than that, they are Starkville-only or you risk having them confiscated.

Jack Lambert
10-10-2019, 09:41 AM
My girls are heading to Knoxville tomorrow to the game. Should they take their cowbells or not? Don't want them to be taken away from them.

Take them and ring the hell out of them then when you get ready to go into the stadium put them back in the car.

Jack Lambert
10-10-2019, 09:43 AM
Basically don't take them to road games. Some places up the security intensity to look for cowbells. I only take mine to home games and bowl games if they have been approved.

I went to the BYU game in Provo and they did not take the cowbells away. Plus they gave free ice cream to the visiting fans and their band played our fight song. I also got to scream "Go To Hell Ole Miss" after the prayer. It was beautiful and it felt good!

Lord McBuckethead
10-10-2019, 11:00 AM
Take them and ring the hell out of them then when you get ready to go into the stadium put them back in the car.

Yep.

lawdawg
10-10-2019, 12:18 PM
Don't they have metal detectors at all SEC stadiums now?

Dawgbite
10-10-2019, 01:00 PM
Don't they have metal detectors at all SEC stadiums now?

Yes but I think that this is the first year for most. I read somewhere that Alabama and Us started a year before it was required.

Liverpooldawg
10-10-2019, 06:49 PM
Whatever you do, do NOT take a bell that means something to you on the road. With the metal detectors you ain't going to get it in no matter what you do.

RocketDawg
10-10-2019, 07:29 PM
They took my bell and liquor last time I was there. Put us all against the wall and frisked us.

I can understand confiscating your cowbell and liquor because both are expressely forbidden. But can anybody other than a sworn police officer legally frisk you? Certainly not stadium rent-a-cops.

viverlibre
10-10-2019, 08:02 PM

Only take the barest of essentials; cell phone, cash, ID and credit card. If a lady is going to take a purse, make sure she thoroughly reads the guidelines long before getting to the entry gate.

I think it is safe to assume no other SEC venue (than MSU) allows cowbells.

Liverpooldawg
10-10-2019, 08:13 PM
I can understand confiscating your cowbell and liquor because both are expressely forbidden. But can anybody other than a sworn police officer legally frisk you? Certainly not stadium rent-a-cops.

You do not have a RIGHT to be admitted to a stadium. You have a license to enter granted by the operator. You jump through their hoops are you don't get in.