PDA

View Full Version : Your Eggbowl forecast

bully99
10-26-2013, 08:11 PM
Accuweather now has a 45 day forecast. Thanksgiving high 67 low 36.
Make your plans. What say you Ref.

TheRef
10-26-2013, 08:33 PM
I hate Accuweather's 45-day forecast. I have no earthly idea what will happen on Thanksgiving. Also, I'd take this forecast from Accuweather with a grain of salt.

bully99
10-26-2013, 08:36 PM
You guys(weather people) should work on a 5 day accurate forecast

starkvegasdawg
10-26-2013, 08:39 PM
I hate Accuweather's 45-day forecast. I have no earthly idea what will happen on Thanksgiving. Also, I'd take this forecast from Accuweather with a grain of salt.

The only time I look at accuweather is when I need a good laugh.

Closer to today, are the long range models coming to any consensus on possible severe weather next Thursday? Wondering if I get the chance to get some fall storm chasing in.

bully99
10-26-2013, 08:41 PM
Ref, when you get out of school are you gonna be a tv weather guy or a behind the scenes weather person.

TheRef
10-26-2013, 08:41 PM
The only time I look at accuweather is when I need a good laugh.

Closer to today, are the long range models coming to any consensus on possible severe weather next Thursday? Wondering if I get the chance to get some fall storm chasing in.

The big trigger point on severe weather will be the amount of gradient in the heat between the middle of the week and the cold front. All indications are that we might have some fun storms Thurs./Fri.

hacker
10-26-2013, 08:43 PM
45 day forecasts are about as accurate and scientific as horoscopes

TheRef
10-26-2013, 08:44 PM
Ref, when you get out of school are you gonna be a tv weather guy or a behind the scenes weather person.

Behind the scenes. I'm not a big guy for the spotlight.

TheRef
10-26-2013, 08:44 PM
45 day forecasts are about as accurate and scientific as horoscopes

Haha...they may be worse. Their 45-day forecasts are worse than climatological averages. Which is BADDDD

starkvegasdawg
10-26-2013, 08:46 PM
The big trigger point on severe weather will be the amount of gradient in the heat between the middle of the week and the cold front. All indications are that we might have some fun storms Thurs./Fri.

Thanks. Now comes a conflict in feelings. Part of me wants no severe weather because of the damage and loss of life potential. The other part of me is as giddy as a kid on Christmas morning at the chance to go out and see some major severe weather.

TheRef
10-26-2013, 08:49 PM
Thanks. Now comes a conflict in feelings. Part of me wants no severe weather because of the damage and loss of life potential. The other part of me is as giddy as a kid on Christmas morning at the chance to go out and see some major severe weather.

First chance for some real severe weather potential for the Met majors too. I also have to watch out for Washington County, MS because I'm halfway helping them with preparedness and radar interpretation there. So I'm going to be in two different places mentally with this severe weather possibility.

starkvegasdawg
10-26-2013, 08:56 PM
First chance for some real severe weather potential for the Met majors too. I also have to watch out for Washington County, MS because I'm halfway helping them with preparedness and radar interpretation there. So I'm going to be in two different places mentally with this severe weather possibility.

My mom lives in leflore county so I am always split in my attention too. Bought her an alert weather radio for her birthday a couple years ago. She's scared of storms and lives alone so she loves it. I tell everybody they should have one.

TheRef
10-26-2013, 08:57 PM
My mom lives in leflore county so I am always split in my attention too. Bought her an alert weather radio for her birthday a couple years ago. She's scared of storms and lives alone so she loves it. I tell everybody they should have one.

Good job good sir. Very good job.

starkvegasdawg
10-26-2013, 10:45 PM
Good job good sir. Very good job.

Last question. From what you are seeing, are we looking at more of a squall line system or discrete super cells or a combination?

TheRef
10-26-2013, 10:47 PM
Last question. From what you are seeing, are we looking at more of a squall line system or discrete super cells or a combination?

It's a little too early to tell right now on the type of storms. For that type of question, I will refer you to the SPC discussion.

CadaverDawg
10-26-2013, 10:49 PM
Egg bowl forecast:

Cloudy with a 75% chance of Pant Shitting

TheRef
10-26-2013, 10:51 PM
Egg bowl forecast:

Cloudy with a 75% chance of Pant Shitting

And a 100% chance of multiple signs with the TSUN girl on it with her vodka waters.