PDA

View Full Version : Really nervous about this game

BeastMan
10-09-2019, 09:46 AM
First let me say that I think we?re a much better football team and I think we should easily cover. That said, this feels like we?re really teetering on the brink of either calamity or turning the corner headed in the right direction. You can sell me on Moorehead having long-term success if we win 7ish and continue the bowl streak, build around 3 more years of Shrader, and the baby DL growing over that same time frame. Plus Moorehead recruits pretty well so I like that aspect. The flip-side is lose to UT and the wheels come off, win 4/5 games this year, lose the fanbase, and next year be a head on the chopping block year w/greatly diminished fan support. This weekend is an absolutely huge game and I?m feeling it because this game likely determines the trajectory of MSU football for the next few years. This feels like we?re doing 50 mph around a sharp curve on a mountain. We either slide off or get just enough traction to round the corner and head up the hill.

ShotgunDawg
10-09-2019, 09:50 AM
It's a big game for us no doubt.

I think the nervousness comes from no one trusting Moorhead's ability to have the team ready to play. He's simply failed too often in that aspect to have trust.

Tbonewannabe
10-09-2019, 09:54 AM
Pretty much exactly how I feel. Improved recruiting is at least a sign that Moorhead understands you have to get the players to compete in the SEC. I am not sure if losing this game can be overcome this year without beating LSU and/or Bama. I don't think Moorhead can afford to lose this game and win A&M and it be the same. He has already lost several games that most people think we should have won. Mullen got us used to winning most of these type of games and Moorhead hasn't really had a huge upset to offset those games.

AU and A&M were closer to toss up games last year combined with losing the other toss up games in UK (actually having a great team), UF, LSU, and Iowa. We need to be a lot closer to 50-50 on toss ups before people start getting comfortable with Moorhead.

We also need to look competent even in losses. We have looked clueless and undisciplined in most of those losses which doesn't help his case.

Turfdawg67
10-09-2019, 09:56 AM
First let me say that I think we?re a much better football team and I think we should easily cover. That said, this feels like we?re really teetering on the brink of either calamity or turning the corner headed in the right direction. You can sell me on Moorehead having long-term success if we win 7ish and continue the bowl streak, build around 3 more years of Shrader, and the baby DL growing over that same time frame. Plus Moorehead recruits pretty well so I like that aspect. The flip-side is lose to UT and the wheels come off, win 4/5 games this year, lose the fanbase, and next year be a head on the chopping block year w/greatly diminished fan support. This weekend is an absolutely huge game and I?m feeling it because this game likely determines the trajectory of MSU football for the next few years. This feels like we?re doing 50 mph around a sharp curve on a mountain. We either slide off or get just enough traction to round the corner and head up the hill.

Well said, my sentiments exactly.

wild_dawg
10-09-2019, 09:59 AM

This is exactly how I feel. I think we win, but what makes me nervous is what I think will happen if we don't.

Jack Lambert
10-09-2019, 10:00 AM
Being on the road is the only thing I am nervous about. However it is at 11:00 with rain so the hostel crowd may not be as hostel as it is was a night game with nice weather. After the Auburn game I seriously doubt they will not be ready to play. I think they come out with fire under their feet and ready to kick some teeth in.

Liverpooldawg
10-09-2019, 10:01 AM
I'm nervous because I don't think we are that good of a team period. We had a lot of question marks coming in and none of them have been answered that well. The suspensions have hurt and will continue to do so. Coaching may or may not be a problem but talent and experience at some key spots just isn't there.

Liverpooldawg
10-09-2019, 10:03 AM
Being on the road is the only thing I am nervous about. However it is at 11:00 with rain so the hostel crowd may not be as hostel as it is was a night game with nice weather. As far as not being probably got embarrassed after the Auburn game and I seriously doubt they will not be ready to play. I think they come out with fire under their feet and ready to kick some teeth in.

Yeah, that bunch from the hostel can get pretty hostile.

lastmajordog
10-09-2019, 10:09 AM
delete

Jack Lambert
10-09-2019, 10:10 AM

Yep! Trying to keep you on your toes.

StarkVegasSteve
10-09-2019, 10:35 AM
If this was at home I'd have no worries about us winning, but our road games the last 3 years make me nervous to say the least. We just seem to come out and get kicked in the teeth and can never recover.

For reference:

@LT 17- They drive right down the field for a FG and we throw an interception on the next drive. Thankfully able to recover in that one because the talent gap and our D woke up.
@Georgia 17- 3 and out and they hit a flea flicker on the first play.
@Auburn 17- 3 and out and they hit a deep ball on a fake reverse and score two plays later
@A&M 17- Int on the first drive and they drop 2 TD passes in the first two plays. We were able to recover and dominate.
@Arky 17- They drive right down the field and score and then we fumble in the end zone. 14-0 before we can blink. We were able to recover thankfully.
@KState 18- Defense propped us up until Kylin got rolling and we cruised.
@UK 18- We actually get a stop, but then shoot ourselves in the foot with False starts and an unsportsmanlike penalty. Never able to get into a rhythm.
@LSU 18- INT on the first drive compounded with our inability to put it in the endzone on the second drive
@Bama 18- Wont ever know what would've happened had we challenged the obvious Jacobs fumble on the first possession. They go down and score and it was lights out from there. We showed some life til the refs sucked it out of us right before half.
@OM 18- We dominated and did what we were supposed to do RTDF.
@Auburn 19- 2 Delay of game leads to a TD, Fumble on the kickoff leads to a TD. Down 14-0 before we could sit down.

Basically, we need to weather the early storm of emotion from UT and then settle in and dominate. Getting off script early spells doom for us.

TaleofTwoDogs
10-09-2019, 10:38 AM
Yep! Trying to keep you on your toes.

Broads can be hostel too!

Maroonthirteen
10-09-2019, 11:01 AM
I agree this game is very important for the appearance of an upward trajectory of the program. Start Shrader and win and that is a huge win and your building your team around your young QB.

Also as said, we can’t afford a start like at auburn. I firmly believe that offensive start, was gasoline for the auburn crowd and put our defense in a hole before the first snap. Start Shrader and let’s run the ball, move the chains and hopefully score opening drive to set the tone.

smootness
10-09-2019, 11:43 AM
I don't know how anyone would think we will easily cover.

BeastMan
10-09-2019, 11:47 AM
I don't know how anyone would think we will easily cover.

UT is a total dumpster fire

msstate7
10-09-2019, 12:03 PM

We're 2-6 ATS in away/neutral games under Moorhead.

MoreCowbell
10-09-2019, 12:10 PM

I am in the same boat as you. I think a loss here would fully turn the fan base on Moorhead, and when that happens there is no coming back from it.

CadaverDawg
10-09-2019, 12:11 PM

I agree completely. Monster game for Joe

Todd4State
10-09-2019, 12:13 PM
I’m worried because we know how this usually goes. Especially during Joe’s tenure. If it can wrong it will.

HancockCountyDog
10-09-2019, 12:27 PM
I really think we win big and give LSU a solid game and beat A&M.

Tbonewannabe
10-09-2019, 12:40 PM

If you saw the movie then you would agree. Hostel is crazy.

Tbonewannabe
10-09-2019, 12:45 PM

You are either smoking something great, you are nostradamus, or a little bit of both. I will be ecstatic if we even slow LSU down on offense.

Matt3467
10-09-2019, 12:49 PM

I used to get nervous before games too until I realized it was causing me to lose joy in my life especially after losses. There are a million things more important than a game. Now I just watch for entertainment only. If we win we win and if we lose we lose.

TrapGame
10-09-2019, 12:49 PM
You are either smoking something great, you are nostradamus, or a little bit of both. I will be ecstatic if we even slow LSU down on offense.

We won't even be a speed bump for LSU.

Bothrops
10-09-2019, 12:56 PM
We have to win Saturday so I'm not nervous about it. Just play like your desperate and the best team will win.

We can give LSU a solid effort and still get blown out by 4 touchdowns. You can bet the second half of that game will be ugly.

Bothrops
10-09-2019, 01:00 PM
We have to win Saturday so I'm not nervous about it. Just play like your desperate and the best team will win.

We can give LSU a solid effort and still get blown out by 4 touchdowns. You can bet the second half of that game will be ugly.

Homedawg
10-09-2019, 01:01 PM

It's not 5 o'clock yet.....

Commercecomet24
10-09-2019, 01:06 PM
It's not 5 o'clock yet.....

It's 5 o'clock somewhere!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BPCjC543llU

calidawg
10-09-2019, 01:10 PM
Beast this is equally as important a game for Jeremy Pruitt. This will be an 11 a.m. war for each coaches future. I do not foresee a beat down on either side. Each coach will coach as hard as they can until the final whistle. We will see.

DownwardDawg
10-09-2019, 01:12 PM
I think we lose. No faith at this point in us being prepared for a road SEC game.

CadaverDawg
10-09-2019, 02:12 PM
I think we lose. No faith at this point in us being prepared for a road SEC game.

Hard to argue

Thick
10-09-2019, 03:02 PM
If we aren’t prepared and ready to play after an off week with 2 weeks to prepare, then yes the fans have every right to be extremely upset. I definitely uneasy to say the least

Turfdawg67
10-09-2019, 03:14 PM

Based off what? Hope you're right, but I'm losing faith.

NCDawg
10-09-2019, 03:38 PM

Can't say that I disagree. We seem to get nervous playing on the road. In addition, I don't have a lot of faith in our defense stopping Tennessee. Tennessee has 2 good W/R's, plus a pretty good passing QB, and that could spell trouble for us.

KOdawg1
10-09-2019, 03:44 PM

If we had A&M at home, I would agree. But we lose common sense whenever we go on the road

TUSK
10-09-2019, 04:10 PM
I don?t think we will learn ANYTHING about the winner of this game, we will certainly learn A LOT about the loser.

TrapGame
10-09-2019, 04:17 PM
I don?t think we will learn ANYTHING about the winner of this game, we will certainly learn A LOT about the loser.

This is like an old Memphis wrestling match. Loser leaves town. I expect folding chairs and brass knuckles. It will be brutal.

RocketDawg
10-09-2019, 04:32 PM
I agree this game is very important for the appearance of an upward trajectory of the program. Start Shrader and win and that is a huge win and your building your team around your young QB.

Also as said, we can?t afford a start like at auburn. I firmly believe that offensive start, was gasoline for the auburn crowd and put our defense in a hole before the first snap. Start Shrader and let?s run the ball, move the chains and hopefully score opening drive to set the tone.

We definitely should start Shrader. He's earned it and is our best chance. And the offense seems (to me) to play better with him at the helm.

RocketDawg
10-09-2019, 04:36 PM
If we aren’t prepared and ready to play after an off week with 2 weeks to prepare, then yes the fans have every right to be extremely upset. I definitely uneasy to say the least

I've always thought that we come out rusty after a bye week, moreso than other teams. That thought may just be negativity at work though.

Bothrops
10-09-2019, 04:41 PM
I'm in the minority here, but I say let's give ourselves the best chance passing the ball down field, and if it doesn't work in the first couple of series, put Shrader in. That is if there is no score after two tries with Stevens.

Coach34
10-09-2019, 05:36 PM
We got Sloppy Joe- we good.

Stevens will start most likely. He shouldnt be as scared this time- the atmosphere wont be even close to Auburn's. We gonna slang that thang

Turfdawg67
10-09-2019, 06:22 PM
We got Sloppy Joe- we good.

Stevens will start most likely. He shouldnt be as scared this time- the atmosphere wont be even close to Auburn's. We gonna slang that thang

STGDF!! Then run the sh*t out of Hill in the 2nd half.

Goldendawg
10-09-2019, 10:27 PM
Can't say that I disagree. We seem to get nervous playing on the road. In addition, I don't have a lot of faith in our defense stopping Tennessee. Tennessee has 2 good W/R's, plus a pretty good passing QB, and that could spell trouble for us.

Just give Jo time to think it over. Oops, never mind.*****

smootness
10-12-2019, 01:50 PM

That should give you a better understanding of just how bad Moorhead is.