PDA

View Full Version : Miles Fires Koenning

Matt3467
10-08-2019, 01:09 AM
Saw it on ESPN. Thought it was interesting. Never really was that impressed with Koenning tbh.

Hope Les Miles does good at KU.

Cooterpoot
10-08-2019, 05:31 AM
I’ll never understand why anyone thinks Miles is a good coach. He’s not.

BogeyGolfer
10-08-2019, 06:34 AM
I?ll never understand why anyone thinks Miles is a good coach. He?s not.

Neither is Coach O, but Coach O adapted and hired great coaches around him...Orgeron recruits very well and is a figure head. Watch him on the sidelines, he is nothing more than a cheerleader...Pretty smart on his part, and he is also a big personality...

was21
10-08-2019, 07:36 AM
Another take on it is that LSU paid a lot of money for assistant coaches to help him out.

Cooterpoot
10-08-2019, 07:47 AM
Neither is Coach O, but Coach O adapted and hired great coaches around him...Orgeron recruits very well and is a figure head. Watch him on the sidelines, he is nothing more than a cheerleader...Pretty smart on his part, and he is also a big personality...

And LSU recruits itself and is a blue blood, where shitty coaches like Miles can even win. Orgeron is basically what they’ve always had outside of Saban.

Jack Lambert
10-08-2019, 08:04 AM

I think LSU recruits well.

basedog
10-08-2019, 08:13 AM
I wouldn't go so far in saying Miles isn't a good Coach. Yes Lsu is elite but they have had failed Coaches in the past and Miles was branded with success. He want win in Kansas but neither would Saban, he might improve Kansas a little but never reach elite status.

Being at the right place at the right time is important, Miles was at the right place and time when he Coached at Lsu.

sleepy dawg
10-08-2019, 09:13 AM
Miles is taking over a major trainwreck at Kansas. That program has been run deep into the ground. He may not be an elite coach, but does some things well and he'll have them going back in the right direction as he recruits better players.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
10-08-2019, 09:30 AM

He is like Freeze. He is Fools Gold.

TrapGame
10-08-2019, 10:29 AM

Miles was very mediocre at Okie State. He rode what Saban built at LSU into the ground. LSU got rid of him before it turned into a train wreck.

Johnson85
10-08-2019, 11:10 AM
I?ll never understand why anyone thinks Miles is a good coach. He?s not.

He's not a great coach. He's a pretty good coach. He was solid at Ok St (might have gotten lucky with having Gundy there) and he maintained Saban's program for a long while. If he were willing to let his coordinator's coach, he would have looked a lot better and would probably still be there.

I'd say at Kansas, I'd rather have him than Orgeron, but at a blue blood, I'd rather have Orgeron.

sonofozarka
10-08-2019, 11:45 AM

I agree that Freeze is an immature, insecure, attention seeking narcissist and that it's ridiculous that he searches for his name on Twitter and gets into spats with strangers. As well as being a bankrupt human being that lives a completely different life behind closed doors that the Christian image he portrays....
But, I do think he's not just a good recruiter, but a pretty good football coach too. He's done well pretty much everywhere he's been, and until his last yr at OM he had them on a consistent upward trajectory.

I mean you don't beat prime Saban Bama twice and LSU twice just because you've got Nkemdiche & Treadwell

Cooterpoot
10-08-2019, 11:47 AM
I agree that Freeze is an immature, insecure, attention seeking narcissist and that it's ridiculous that he searches for his name on Twitter and gets into spats with strangers. As well as being a bankrupt human being that lives a completely different life behind closed doors that the Christian image he portrays....
But, I do think he's not just a good recruiter, but a pretty good football coach too. He's done well pretty much everywhere he's been, and until his last yr at OM he had them on a consistent upward trajectory.

I mean you don't beat prime Saban Bama twice and LSU twice just because you've got Nkemdiche & Treadwell

Well, if by recruiting well you mean he was cheating. And by good coach, you mean his players have floundered in the NFL.

Johnson85
10-08-2019, 02:15 PM
Well, if by recruiting well you mean he was cheating. And by good coach, you mean his players have floundered in the NFL.

He had an offensive system that was pretty good. He was terrible at roster management. He apparently did basically zero player development as far as developing individual skills that translate to the NFL, but he also managed to make Bo Wallace effective (if inconsistent) in the SEC. And they made a lot of improvement his first year. Not sure how sustainable his system would have been if he didn't cheat but he was pretty good at some things even if he did have some fatal flaws.

Jack Lambert
10-08-2019, 02:50 PM

Fools gold is good if the next guy you give it to is a fool.

sonofozarka
10-08-2019, 04:03 PM

So you think the only time OM cheated was when Freeze was there? Or that Bama, UF, or MSU bball cheat more when Saban/Meyer/Stans were there? Maybe some guys are just good recruiters and who the hell cares as long as they get players.

And I don't give a damn how well someone does in the NFL. If Mayfield, Kyler Murray, and Jalen Hurts flop in the NFL does it mean Lincoln Riley isn't a great offensive coach? Or does it mean that he's a great coach that made players look better than they actually were?

Besides, players fail in the NFL for numerous reasons. Trent Richardson being an NFL bust isn't an indictment on Saban any more than Treadwell is for Freeze. Their results with those players in college is all that matters

fishwater99
10-08-2019, 04:22 PM
I think LSU recruits well.

So does Coach O. That's what he does...

TUSK
10-08-2019, 04:23 PM
LSU won in spite of Les, not because of Les.

Commercecomet24
10-08-2019, 04:44 PM
LSU won in spite of Les, not because of Les.

Naw les>Nick remember? *****

TUSK
10-08-2019, 04:45 PM
Naw les>Nick remember? *****

I was hoping someone would do that for me. Thanks!

Commercecomet24
10-08-2019, 05:12 PM
I was hoping someone would do that for me. Thanks!

Anytime brother! Les may replace little Nicky one day lol!!!!

Randolph Dupree
10-09-2019, 05:57 AM

So Coach Freeze, how are you and the family liking Liberty U?

BB30
10-09-2019, 09:24 AM

I think that is precisely what makes Orgeron a good coach. When a coach can objectively look at himself and say this is where I struggle and this is what I need to do to fix it to me that is a mark of a good coach. Most coaches are too stubborn to admit that some of the things they do don't work and will ride it all the way down with the ship.

Give him credit, he is trying everything that he can to fix his flaws with personnel and he gets what he has to do to win at LSU and that is just to get out of the way. He has lasted longer than most thought he would. We'll see if he can take the next step.

AROB44
10-09-2019, 11:31 AM
I think that is precisely what makes Orgeron a good coach. When a coach can objectively look at himself and say this is where I struggle and this is what I need to do to fix it to me that is a mark of a good coach. Most coaches are too stubborn to admit that some of the things they do don't work and will ride it all the way down with the ship.

Give him credit, he is trying everything that he can to fix his flaws with personnel and he gets what he has to do to win at LSU and that is just to get out of the way. He has lasted longer than most thought he would. We'll see if he can take the next step.

Next step??? Looks like they are there.