PDA

View Full Version : QFTB

Pinto
10-07-2019, 02:26 PM
For those of you way more in the know than me: Does Joe lose the team if he doesn't start Shrader against Tennessee?

Tbonewannabe
10-07-2019, 02:31 PM
For those of you way more in the know than me: Does Joe lose the team if he doesn't start Shrader against Tennessee?

I would say no just because Tommy has been a good QB when healthy and was voted team captain. Shrader has said all of the right things also. Now if Tommy struggles again and Shrader comes in like he did at Auburn and does well then it will be hard to give any more benefit of the doubt.

TrapGame
10-07-2019, 02:31 PM
IIRC, I think it's been mentioned Shrader is with the ones in practice and Tommy is still on IR.

StarkVegasSteve
10-07-2019, 02:45 PM
Joe said today that both have been a little banged up. FWIW I was sent a text this morning that said Tommy would start Saturday, but Garrett would play.

ShotgunDawg
10-07-2019, 02:50 PM
He'll lose me. Would tell me that winning isn't his top priority.

Mississippi State football isn't church league basketball.

Tennessee has the number 85 rush defense in the country. Any gameplan that includes not starting Shrader and running it down their butt hole, is a bad game plan.

trojandawg
10-07-2019, 03:04 PM

Tennessee has the number 85 rush defense in the country. Any gameplan that includes not starting Shrader and running it down their butt hole, is a bad game plan.

joe has his game plan of what he wants the offense to do which is predicated on how the defense lines up.

Bothrops
10-07-2019, 03:12 PM
Tommy Shrader will get the start, backed up by Garrett Stevens.

RezDog7
10-07-2019, 03:15 PM

If Tommy Shrader starts Moorhead should be fired immediately.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
10-07-2019, 03:29 PM

LOL so starting two QB's? Now that's what I call an offensive savant. With the play of the WR's, it couldn't hurt to take one off the field.

TrapGame
10-07-2019, 03:52 PM
Joe said today that both have been a little banged up. FWIW I was sent a text this morning that said Tommy would start Saturday, but Garrett would play.

If Tommy starts our chances of winning decline. That offense responds to Shrader.

Coach007
10-07-2019, 08:18 PM

This was the plan versus Auburn. Shrader was going to do the Stevens thing Moorhead did at PSU. I think we will see it this week.

Todd4State
10-07-2019, 08:59 PM
Maybe the team doesn't really care who starts at QB?

As a player I would think that not performing to the best of your ability because you don't like the guy starting at QB seems to be counterproductive for all.

Todd4State
10-07-2019, 09:00 PM
This was the plan versus Auburn. Shrader was going to do the Stevens thing Moorhead did at PSU. I think we will see it this week.

As banged up as both are it seems silly to me to do that to be honest with you. Or at least risky at best.

Coach007
10-07-2019, 09:29 PM
As banged up as both are it seems silly to me to do that to be honest with you. Or at least risky at best.

Yeah, I was not expecting Steven's back.

Maroonthirteen
10-07-2019, 09:33 PM
Yeah, I was not expecting Steven's back.

Don’t worry, he will be done by the 2nd quarter.

Fader21
10-07-2019, 10:03 PM

He lost you during the KSU game. Moorhead mentioned before the injury Stevens was completing the ball at 70%. I don't care if They roll out Kodi Sch. as long as we win.

Bdawg
10-07-2019, 10:10 PM
Don’t worry, he will be done by the 2nd quarter.

I was thinking second series.

Homedawg
10-07-2019, 10:13 PM
He lost you during the KSU game. Moorhead mentioned before the injury Stevens was completing the ball at 70%. I don't care if They roll out Kodi Sch. as long as we win.

Against u la la and usm.....

JoseBrown
10-08-2019, 07:11 AM
If Tommy starts our chances of winning decline. That offense responds to Shrader.

That's my perception as well. And not the only reason Shrader would be my starter... I'd much rather deal with his downside, than Tommy's.

Rex54
10-08-2019, 07:16 AM
He'll lose me

What are you going to do, go start 14 threads about it?

dawgday166
10-08-2019, 07:24 AM
LOL so starting two QB's? Now that's what I call an offensive savant. With the play of the WR's, it couldn't hurt to take one off the field.

I'm pretty sure he mentioned playing both at same time here or there. Stupid IMO. I would like to get to where we can run our offense against a team like TN without all the dead ball penalties bullshit. Let's concentrate on just the basics first (since obviously we didn't learn those in fall camp), then if warranted pull the trickeration out here or there when we can do the basics without getting numerous penalties.

TrapGame
10-08-2019, 08:20 AM

Don't tempt him!**

ShotgunDawg
10-08-2019, 08:34 AM

Says the guy with 12 posts

Maroonthirteen
10-08-2019, 08:40 AM
I'm pretty sure he mentioned playing both at same time here or there. Stupid IMO. I would like to get to where we can run our offense against a team like TN without all the dead ball penalties bullshit. Let's concentrate on just the basics first (since obviously we didn't learn those in fall camp), then if warranted pull the trickeration out here or there when we can do the basics without getting numerous penalties.

I agree. Practice And prepare as if Shrader will start and start Shrader. The last 3......3! ...Games Stevens started. Shrader finished. Shrader has started one game and we won.

But what do i know..... I?m Bob from Bogue Chitto

TrapGame
10-08-2019, 08:56 AM
I agree. Practice And prepare as if Shrader will start and start Shrader. The last 3......3! ...Games Stevens started. Shrader finished. Shrader has started one game and we won.

But what do i know..... I?m Bob from Bogue Chitto

Stevens cracked under pressure at Auburn. Shrader comes in and goes 75 yards and a touchdown on his first possession. Starting Shrader is about the future of this program now.

Coach007
10-08-2019, 01:32 PM
I would like to get to where we can run our offense against a team like TN without all the dead ball penalties bullshit. Let's concentrate on just the basics first (since obviously we didn't learn those in fall camp), .

Yep. We have not learned those in years

Tbonewannabe
10-08-2019, 01:35 PM
Stevens cracked under pressure at Auburn. Shrader comes in and goes 75 yards and a touchdown on his first possession. Starting Shrader is about the future of this program now.

I agree, Stevens looked like a deer in headlights. Shrader looked like he owned the place. You don't see many true freshmen handle that environment so well.