PDA

View Full Version : I think this makes it pretty clear who picked the new UM Chancellor.....

Liverpooldawg
10-06-2019, 12:06 PM
https://www.djournal.com/news/education/how-ihl-hired-its-own-consultant-as-the-next-um/article_19bceb7c-3979-5477-afe6-6d948b66e1be.html?fbclid=IwAR2gbNp7WLQNxRTTEOYj06o L0ftsT4TITjS8a9kWLzPMyR4c6lScDQ_AzWQ

AROB44
10-06-2019, 01:02 PM
I have to say, I really don't care who their chancellor is and how he was picked.

revdrdawg
10-06-2019, 01:16 PM
Except that the same group that made this pick will also choose the next MSU president.

Homedawg
10-06-2019, 01:32 PM
Except that the same group that made this pick will also choose the next MSU president.

This ^^

chef dixon
10-06-2019, 01:33 PM
I have to say, I really don't care who their chancellor is and how he was picked.

Same. Ole Miss people are losing a ton of sleep over this which I just cannot fathom.

Todd4State
10-06-2019, 01:40 PM
Same. Ole Miss people are losing a ton of sleep over this which I just cannot fathom.

I'm not sure what they want. And I'm not sure that they know what they really want either.

Coursesuper
10-06-2019, 01:44 PM

You might just want to sit up and pay attention. Like the other post said “these are the men that will choose our next president”. These men are not the ones on the college board, that much should be abundantly evident.

RocketDawg
10-06-2019, 01:47 PM

That's right. It's important to all the state residents because of the process. He may be fine for the school, but they just demonstrated that the established process can be circumvented, and it can easily be the same for Keenum's replacement.

Coursesuper
10-06-2019, 01:48 PM
I'm not sure what they want. And I'm not sure that they know what they really want either.

Can you not see the absurdity of this “Search”. The entire episode is a farce and the men behind the curtain put a puppet right where they want him.

Cooterpoot
10-06-2019, 01:50 PM
MS is a backwards state. Will never advance past it.

Coursesuper
10-06-2019, 02:44 PM
MS is a backwards state. Will never advance past it.

Sadly you are correct, and those with a vested interests in keeping it that way are still pulling the strings of state government.

Todd4State
10-06-2019, 03:57 PM
Can you not see the absurdity of this “Search”. The entire episode is a farce and the men behind the curtain put a puppet right where they want him.

I'm just saying that Ole Miss alums appear to be torn between having a good old boy Chancellor that will keep their traditions and one that will actually be a legit Chancellor.

Liverpooldawg
10-06-2019, 05:21 PM
My point was it seems Dickie Scruggs played a huge role. It's long been suspected he calls a lot of shots up there.

turkish
10-06-2019, 05:27 PM
Scruggs said when he and other university alumni heard the news, they immediately thought Boyce had all of the qualities to be a great chancellor, but were dissatisfied with how IHL officials conducted the process at its end.

“I don’t know if this was something the board wanted to do all along,” he said. “I just wish if that were the case, they would have done it differently. I’m convinced that he has all the right stuff to be a good chancellor.
I don’t know. Sounds like Scruggs was unhappy about the process, too.

Maroonthirteen
10-06-2019, 05:31 PM
I don’t know. Sounds like Scruggs was unhappy about the process, too.

Sounds like a guy who is playing both sides in the media. Make no mistake, he knew who the chancellor would be well before it was announced.

Coursesuper
10-06-2019, 05:34 PM
My point was it seems Dickie Scruggs played a huge role. It's long been suspected he calls a lot of shots up there.

You’v got to keep in mind he doesn’t work in a vacuum, the whole bunch of Jackson County bears mafia are part of this just like they are in MS politics. You have an ex senator, a past chancellor, an ex MS sec of state plus Dickie boy. And they are in-turn very much tied the most wealthy man in the state who just happens to be one of the largest donors UM has. And that’s just the top of the heap.

dantheman4248
10-06-2019, 06:06 PM
It ain’t about exactly who it is.

It’s about the fact he was paid $87,000 to say “these guys suck, hire me instead.” and they said “ok” and turned around, circumvented the process, ignored vetting with the school and seeing compatibility and put in a guy who was on the board with them the four years prior to this one.

Todd4State
10-06-2019, 11:20 PM
Sounds like a guy who is playing both sides in the media. Make no mistake, he knew who the chancellor would be well before it was announced.

Yep.

Boyce will probably be there about three years or so and then ride off in the sunset to Nashville.

Todd4State
10-06-2019, 11:22 PM
It ain’t about exactly who it is.

It’s about the fact he was paid $87,000 to say “these guys suck, hire me instead.” and they said “ok” and turned around, circumvented the process, ignored vetting with the school and seeing compatibility and put in a guy who was on the board with them the four years prior to this one.

I think Boyce is there simply to groom Pickering and get a nice paycheck in the process. I'm not sure how much "in it" he is with the rest of the group aside from that.

Tbonewannabe
10-07-2019, 07:16 AM
Sadly you are correct, and those with a vested interests in keeping it that way are still pulling the strings of state government.

Some people want to make sure they are still big fish in a little pond. My home town is the same way. The people with pull make sure nothing new comes there to compete for workers. There is a handful of places to work or you have to drive 30 - 45 minutes to get anything else.

Fred Garvin
10-07-2019, 12:47 PM
Some people want to make sure they are still big fish in a little pond. My home town is the same way. The people with pull make sure nothing new comes there to compete for workers. There is a handful of places to work or you have to drive 30 - 45 minutes to get anything else.

^^^^THIS^^^^^

Liverpooldawg
10-07-2019, 01:25 PM

Same here.