PDA

View Full Version : I realized something yesterday

starkvegasdawg
10-06-2019, 11:37 AM
Not sure I'd call it an epiphany or anything, but I watched almost no college football since MSU was not playing. I spent my Saturday mowing the yard and spending time with my family. MSU, our lack of success this year, and how the rest of the season would play out never crossed my mind. I never worried about would our coach be canned or would we win a game that won't be played for another two months. I went to bed last night and this morning the sun came up. The birds were singing. Leaves were still falling in my now freshly cut yard. It might even rain later. And I was ok. My stress levels were down. And since I don't have SECN any longer I already know I won't be able to watch them next week against TN. Since it's supposed to be a chamber of commerce fall day next Saturday we've started planning something fun to do. May go to a pumpkin patch. May just hang around the house and have a bonfire, smoke a Boston butt, and make s'mores that night if the burn ban is lifted. And I'm looking forward to it. I won't see MSU play until LSU when I'm in my upper deck seat in two weeks. In the meantime, I'm not letting this dump of a season get me down. I'm out enjoying family and the outdoors. Leo Lewis not being able to make a tackle or Willie Gay getting suspended and thrown out of games is almost forgotten. Were we down 21-0 five minutes into our game sat week? Seems like I vaguely remember something like that. I don't know.

Coursesuper
10-06-2019, 11:42 AM
Not sure I'd call it an epiphany or anything, but I watched almost no college football since MSU was not playing. I spent my Saturday mowing the yard and spending time with my family. MSU, our lack of success this year, and how the rest of the season would play out never crossed my mind. I never worried about would our coach be canned or would we win a game that won't be played for another two months. I went to bed last night and this morning the sun came up. The birds were singing. Leaves were still falling in my now freshly cut yard. It might even rain later. And I was ok. My stress levels were down. And since I don't have SECN any longer I already know I won't be able to watch them next week against TN. Since it's supposed to be a chamber of commerce fall day next Saturday we've started planning something fun to do. May go to a pumpkin patch. May just hang around the house and have a bonfire, smoke a Boston butt, and make s'mores that night if the burn ban is lifted. And I'm looking forward to it. I won't see MSU play until LSU when I'm in my upper deck seat in two weeks. In the meantime, I'm not letting this dump of a season get me down. I'm out enjoying family and the outdoors. Leo Lewis not being able to make a tackle or Willie Gay getting suspended and thrown out of games is almost forgotten. Were we down 21-0 five minutes into our game sat week? Seems like I vaguely remember something like that. I don't know.

This is outstanding! Good for you, when you’re not so caught in it it’s kind is liberating isn’t it.

HoopsDawg
10-06-2019, 12:05 PM
cool story. Just kidding man, good for you.