PDA

View Full Version : "Auburn is flawed, and maybe fatally"

RocketDawg
10-06-2019, 11:04 AM
If you think we have Chicken Little Syndrome after a loss, read this. Note how they managed to catch Malzahn in a "deer in the headlight" look. Kinda reminds me of an intimidated Mullen during and after playing Alabama.

https://www.al.com/auburnfootball/2019/10/auburn-is-flawed-and-maybe-fatally.html

Lord McBuckethead
10-06-2019, 12:42 PM
No mention on ******* offense not really lighting it up.

Todd4State
10-06-2019, 12:52 PM
Mahlzahn reminds me of these douchebag's that dress nice and drive a Porsche.

They look good but deep down they're just average guys.

Gus has a lot of window dressing with his formations and motions only to just run the ball up the middle.

TUSK
10-06-2019, 02:33 PM
Mahlzahn reminds me of these douchebag's that dress nice and drive a Porsche.

They look good but deep down they're just average guys.

Gus has a lot of window dressing with his formations and motions only to just run the ball up the middle.

I always thought it was a Smoke & Mirrors type offense... but when it’s clicking, they can wear down a defense...

RocketDawg
10-06-2019, 03:23 PM
I always thought it was a Smoke & Mirrors type offense... but when it’s clicking, they can wear down a defense...

I was at a social event Friday night, and a guy there insisted that Auburn had things in the bag this year. Would have been interesting to have watched him watch the game.

BrunswickDawg
10-06-2019, 04:11 PM
Someone on here a couple of weeks ago said Auburn was going to be like we were last year, and I think there is a lot of truth to that. Against strong defenses that can keep their running game in check, their lack of a passing game hampers them. They might end up with the #1 defense and be 8-4.

Jack Lambert
10-06-2019, 05:07 PM
They better enjoy what they can this season because they have a long agonizing one coming next season.

Todd4State
10-06-2019, 05:19 PM

That's true. But I think you and I both agree it's well, overrated. But the analysts are really impressed by all that motion to run a counter play or whatever.

TUSK
10-06-2019, 05:28 PM
That's true. But I think you and I both agree it's well, overrated.

Yeppers.

ShotgunDawg
10-06-2019, 05:31 PM
Meh, to me Auburn does about like they recruit.

They beat teams they have more talent than at home

They get beat sometimes by teams that solid but less talent than them when they play on the road

They lose to teams that have more talent than them on the road

They sometimes beat teams that have more talent than them at home.

Nothing Auburn does seems out of line with where they recruit.

What am I missing?

TUSK
10-06-2019, 05:44 PM
Meh, to me Auburn does about like they recruit.

They beat teams they have more talent than at home

They get beat sometimes by teams that solid but less talent than them when they play on the road

They lose to teams that have more talent than them on the road

They sometimes beat teams that have more talent than them at home.

Nothing Auburn does seems out of line with where they recruit.

What am I missing?

I don’t think you’re missing anything... most of those things are true about most programs... they just do it with a gimmicky offense...

ShotgunDawg
10-06-2019, 06:01 PM
I don’t think you’re missing anything... most of those things are true about most programs... they just do it with a gimmicky offense...

But I don't think the gimmicky offense does much to help or hurt them

RocketDawg
10-06-2019, 06:01 PM

Todd4State
10-06-2019, 06:55 PM
But I don't think the gimmicky offense does much to help or hurt them

It doesn't. I wasn't saying that it helped or hurt them. I'm just saying that the announcers overrate Gus as a play caller because he does all this stuff to run a simple straight forward play and they get mesmorized by it.

BuckyIsAB****
10-06-2019, 08:52 PM
That gimmicky offense made us have about 36 MA's last weekend so. They are physical but its known what kind of QB Gus needs to be elite with his offense. He doesnt have one. Nix can spin it but he isnt comfortable doing what he's doing. Unless you are us and you let him get so comfy he could take a nap

Todd4State
10-06-2019, 11:31 PM
That gimmicky offense made us have about 36 MA's last weekend so. They are physical but its known what kind of QB Gus needs to be elite with his offense. He doesnt have one. Nix can spin it but he isnt comfortable doing what he's doing. Unless you are us and you let him get so comfy he could take a nap

And the MA's the other four games can be accounted to what?

BhamDawg205
10-07-2019, 03:12 AM
Imagine being in AL and having to hear how great they are. I keptp telling them Oregon showed they were flawed. Oregon was fast and physical on defense, but didn't have the depth. I told them they'd beat us, because all you need was a RB and not a good one to run on us this year. But as the played a defense as physical and deep as theirs Nix and their offense would struggle.